PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Both games are very good this year. A few fixes for both and we're happy.

I'm using FIFA for online and PES for single player. I just don't like how the CPU behaves in the other game.
I can definitely live with and love both Pes and FIFA this year
It's been a while since we could do that.
Feels pretty good mate

Post-match grievances from people using Juve/Barca/PSG are immensley satisfying. :SMUG: I keep getting messages about being 'too defensive' purely because i don't charge about and leave huge gaps to exploit

How are you setting up with Torino? I might give 3 atb a go next game. Also need to explore using the with ball/without ball formations.

I go with a 5-2-3 sort of formation, with offensive fullbacks, counter attack set with Belotti as a counter target. Depending on who I face I sometimes use Rincón with the "defensive" setting activated. Ansaldi and De Silvestri are quite good both offensive and defensive as fullbacks.

Zaza coming in as a late substitute is working good as well.

Yeah, it's acctually really satisfying playing in a controlled way just waiting for the break against all these pressure/ fast ball to the wing guys. Got a lot of those "flashing the pause button during matches. I could feel their frustration. :D

Last edited:
He is talking about Anvil there, when he was at Ubisoft working on Assassin's Creed.
I thought it may not be this 3 year project. :LOL: still funny. Seems like the sort of answer you'd use to get people off your back. Like when I say "ill get back to you" on the meetings... :LOL:

Can anyone tell me why the hell the promotion play off isnt included for Ligue 2? wtf? I just finished my Master League season thinking that I was in the playoffs, but there arent any, even though that exists in real life, ffs!

Can anyone tell me why the hell the promotion play off isnt included for Ligue 2? wtf? I just finished my Master League season thinking that I was in the playoffs, but there arent any, even though that exists in real life, ffs!

It's so stupid! I'm wondering if play-offs are in the Championship. Three-quarters of the way through and looking at the league table, the top three teams have an 'up' arrow next to them so I'm assuming there's no play-off system.

Edit: Just realised I could look at the schedule to see if there were play-offs and of course there aren't.

Edit 2: I'm wrong, they are in the championship, thank goodness.

Last edited:
It's so stupid! I'm wondering if play-offs are in the Championship. Three-quarters of the way through and looking at the league table, the top three teams have an 'up' arrow next to them so I'm assuming there's no play-off system.

Edit: Just realised I could look at the schedule to see if there were play-offs and of course there aren't.
They are in for the Championship. It's even got it's own emblem slot in edit mode.

how can i get better manager in MyClub? teamspirit is a cancer to my team. makes them retarded. but i cant see no option to buy managers via GP?!

Game says "i have to wait" but for what? :D
You have to play a certain amount of games before you can unlock all managers via GP - doesn't take too long to get to the top levels, maybe like 150+ games?

Has anyone got the platinum trophy on PS4 yet for PES? Only need one more and it's the bloody 'Co-op contributor' one where you have to get a playing style in co-op. Apparently you can boost it in a lobby co-op game with one other person vs. AI and just pass/score a ton of goals. If anyone is keen or fancies helping me out I'd massively appreciate it!

They are in for the Championship. It's even got it's own emblem slot in edit mode.

Cheers Nik, you're right of course. I thought as there was no mention in the schedule that they wouldn't be there. Just sim-ed my final 2 games and finished 3rd and up they popped.

I have provided feedback around the Ligue 2 play off situation every year for the past 3 Games. There has been play offs in each of those years in real life yet Konami have had the 2 up 2 down system the whole time. I find it pretty ridiculous that they’ve gone through all the effort this year of creating all the correct regulations for the new leagues but the French Ligue, which is their only fully licensed 2 tiered league, is still incorrect.
Adam Bhatti replied to me when I tweeted him about this issue last year saying they would look into it but that’s all I’ve ever got in response, I’ve had nothing from the official account.
I must be the only one asking for it to be corrected, I doubt it’s high on their list of fixes.

Pretty much says it all when the official PES twitter account has to give away stress balls because of playing the game.

Haven't touched PES 19 for weeks.
Been playing the 'other' game and having some of the best sessions I've ever had on a game.
I probably wont touch PES 19 again now all year.

Having to wait nearly 3 months after buying the game for a patch that makes it playable offline is just a piss take, plus the delayed addition of all the extra stadiums we were promised, just pure amateurism.

Even if they fix the offline AI, ML offers nothing, its so stale and bland and unrealistic, attention span only lasts a few games.
If this is year one of their 3 year ML plan then its a dire state of affairs.

Pretty much says it all when the official PES twitter account has to give away stress balls because of playing the game.

Haven't touched PES 19 for weeks.
Been playing the 'other' game and having some of the best sessions I've ever had on a game.
I probably wont touch PES 19 again now all year.

Having to wait nearly 3 months after buying the game for a patch that makes it playable offline is just a piss take, plus the delayed addition of all the extra stadiums we were promised, just pure amateurism.

Even if they fix the offline AI, ML offers nothing, its so stale and bland and unrealistic, attention span only lasts a few games.
If this is year one of their 3 year ML plan then its a dire state of affairs.
For me they are both amazing and broken, beautiful and annoying. For the moment I just let it go and trying to see only the good things, switching between them.
AI on PES is headwrecking, no fouls on the other is headwrecking. So basically waiting for fixes on both. I need two stress balls! :LOL:
Its a first time ever I bought footy games on release date and wont be doing that again.

View attachment 7227
This is genius!
If only every one of us had PES stress ball, this forum would look so much different today! :LOL:

This is dumb but it suits the joke that konami has become this year.

They'll want them back when they see what happens next year without preorders.

also 100% some konami guy is thinking "hey, we could offer in-game stress balls as paid DLC or as a preorder bonus"

For me they are both amazing and broken, beautiful and annoying. For the moment I just let it go and trying to see only the good things, switching between them.
AI on PES is headwrecking, no fouls on the other is headwrecking. So basically waiting for fixes on both. I need two stress balls! :LOL:
Its a first time ever I bought footy games on release date and wont be doing that again.
You're in for a long wait regarding free kicks on the other side my friend.
I'm sure it's a path chosen by the company,there hasn't been any since -16
Bet the kids want it fluid.

Regarding patch for Pes 19,fingers crossed,we all know how it could be a hit and miss
The way I see it,one company makes a unfinished product and makes it "ok"
The other makes an ok product less ok with patches
At least for 17-18

You gotta hand it to them though: A PES Stress Ball?.
It's like, they're making a joke out of their own product! Oh the irony!

Well, at least they've got a sense of humour.

When this game purrs, boy...does it purr.

Just had an amazing match v Boca Jrs [I was Newcastle Utd] in Master League pre-season comp.

Finished 2-1 to Boca but there were moments where I was blown away by the movement off the ball by my own players.

It's a very good game when it wants to be.

I need help/advice.

Sometimes when I play a match in master league, it looks laggy and jerks around. This doesn’t happen much but when it does it’s really annoying.

It would happen in pes 2018 as well. What’s the workaround? Does turning auto login OFF help?

[I’m on PS4]

Just had an amazing match v Boca Jrs [I was Newcastle Utd] in Master League pre-season comp.

Finished 2-1 to Boca but there were moments where I was blown away by the movement off the ball by my own players.

It sure does mate,my 4-0 loss Vs Juventus the other day is problably the best game I've ever had
So your Mike Ashley's nwe puppet man:)

Can't help with the other issue,on xbox
Nice to see you enjoy it again mate

Agreed. Shame the ratio for this is about 20 matches strewn with terrible AI and cheating to get the one decent game mind.

It sure does mate,my 4-0 loss Vs Juventus the other day is problably the best game I've ever had
So your Mike Ashley's nwe puppet man:)

Can't help with the other issue,on xbox
Nice to see you enjoy it again mate
Yep I am Mike Ashley’s puppet alright! He’s got me signing frees ;)

What’s this PES look like in 4K then, is the difference big? I’ve got a PS4 Slim but really considering getting the Pro again to sit next to my X.

Yep I am Mike Ashley’s puppet alright! He’s got me signing frees ;)

What’s this PES look like in 4K then, is the difference big? I’ve got a PS4 Slim but really considering getting the Pro again to sit next to my X.
I plugged in my X and thought "wow" really good
Went in to my settings on my Xbox and saw that my TV didn't support HDR,and was like "fuuck"...

Then the day after I realised that I hadn't changed my hdmi setting on my telly,and loaded up Pes 19 on 4k HDR and almost crapped myself.
Daylight at San Siro looks insane,the best I've seen a football game look,night and day between one and the X.
Not to mention Forza Motorsports etc.
It's a stunning machine.
Got a good deal on it as well.
I've paid €12 for both football games this season so I'm pretty satisfied.

I've always wanted to play a ML in South America,never done it don't know why,might have a restart with Boca

I plugged in my X and thought "wow" really good
Went in to my settings on my Xbox and saw that my TV didn't support HDR,and was like "fuuck"...

Then the day after I realised that I hadn't changed my hdmi setting on my telly,and loaded up Pes 19 on 4k HDR and almost crapped myself.
Daylight at San Siro looks insane,the best I've seen a football game look,night and day between one and the X.
Not to mention Forza Motorsports etc.
It's a stunning machine.
Got a good deal on it as well.
I've paid €12 for both football games this season so I'm pretty satisfied.

I've always wanted to play a ML in South America,never done it don't know why,might have a restart with Boca
Nice!! Yeah I've been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 on the X...its such a great console.

I'm gonna pick up a Pro tomorrow for PES 2019. I need this game in 4K, it doesnt look too hot on my Slim.

Nice!! Yeah I've been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 on the X...its such a great console.

I'm gonna pick up a Pro tomorrow for PES 2019. I need this game in 4K, it doesnt look too hot on my Slim.
Thought it looked alright on my XB1,much better than 18,but it's a big difference between 4k HDR and 1080 for sure.
What's the going rate for a pro?

Thought it looked alright on my XB1,much better than 18,but it's a big difference between 4k HDR and 1080 for sure.
What's the going rate for a pro?
400 dollars :) gonna trade my Slim towards one today...that way I have both 4K machines then. Whenever I play Fifa in 4K on my X and then PES in 1080 on the Slim; it looks and feels ‘cheap’. I want to enjoy them incredible PES pitch textures this year in 4K I’ve waited for years for Konami to get pitches right!

The downside? Means a trip to the terrible
GameStop :(

400 dollars :) gonna trade my Slim towards one today...that way I have both 4K machines then. Whenever I play Fifa in 4K on my X and then PES in 1080 on the Slim; it looks and feels ‘cheap’. I want to enjoy them incredible PES pitch textures this year in 4K I’ve waited for years for Konami to get pitches right!

The downside? Means a trip to the terrible
GameStop :(
I almost fell for a trade in at GameStop,my XB1 plus two games of their choice and $60,which was a shitty deal,and for an XB1 S ,so I bought an X for $440 with Forza Horizon/Motorsports and FIFA 19.
Yeah I get buddy,switching between 1080 and 4k is heartbreaking,especially when Pes 19 looks solid as hell.
When you get it,give me your thoughts man on how it looks,try San Siro daylight as your first impression of it
And good luck at GameStop:)

Back
Top Bottom