PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Does everyone here mostly play on Top Player?

I play mostly in Top Player since 2018. In 2019 i have not yet invested so much time, cause i wait for the late October patch+dlc to retstart a new ML. Until now and after the latest restart of the last ML transfers fix, i have about 30 matches played.
@Cro_Cop I would love to try Challenge mode, but it is so unpolished and bugged and i don't know if it is fixed this year so i am going with classic mode. Last year i had situations where i finished 10th instead of 9th, which was club owner's objective, but i achieved EL qualification through winning domestic cup, but i was fired in the end :SHOCK:.

Had a few exhibition games last night just to try out the new console.
Haven't played in almost a week before last night,and I really enjoyed how the game looks and flows,and getting freekicks,I know this isn't the compare 1v2 thread,but not having freekicks in a game makes it very strange,luckily we have plenty of them this year

So patch,can't wait for it

how can i get better manager in MyClub? teamspirit is a cancer to my team. makes them retarded. but i cant see no option to buy managers via GP?!

Game says "i have to wait" but for what? :D

Hadn't played last few weeks as my internet connection is atrocious if anyone else is in the house, but having a blast last couple of days in Seasons with mix of teams.

Easily best football game ever released IMO, no hyperbole. I have only properly enjoyed 3 football games in the last decade; PES 2011, FIFA 15, and FIFA 16, so it's about time.

Patch has made ball retention much easier and that was my biggest gripe at release. Dribbling is a dream now, even without any pace the low centre of gravity players can just bounce off challenges.

Full backs seem to be covering better also, funny watching idiots online still try and constantly ping to the wings every time just to cut it out time and again. Had some proper footballing games against good opponents as well, lots of 0-0s and 1-0s.

Could anyone recommend any teams to use online? Having fun with West Ham but want to vary it a bit. Like the look of Lazio but they've got a 'D' for form and don't like using players with bad arrows. Ideally a mid-range team with either a brute upfront or decent dribblers.

It will be a travesty if Konami don't do well from this. I appreciate people have issues with the offline AI and certain modes missing, but in pure gameplay it's streets ahead of FIFA. And that's coming from someone that's only played that game for last 6 or 7 iterations. Be a shame if they abandon what they've done here next year.

Just need to convince my housemates to invest in a better connection and I'll hop on to a proper community league I think.

Ball physics are the best I've seen,the ball bobbles when passed hard etc
Not rolling like a bowling ball on a floor.
I know I'm repeating stuff I already posted,but I think this game needs some TLC from users as well,not just hacked on,what they do well,the nail!

It is hard but the AI in the circle/period 2015-2016-2017 decent or not was much better than 2018 and 2019 obviously,which (19) until now has the worst cpu AI in the ps4era.
The older years except for the limitations it was also fact that most game were developed for offline play and without the DLC add-on possibilities.So the development was better focus and in decent disguise of the cons.
Nowadays there is no need of effort and investment in CPU AI as most games are road to online pvp esports and ranking matches

I remember enjoying PES 2 and 3 offline, but feel like it was only because there was no multiplayer option so didn't know any better. After PES 4 came out, I'd always try to get into a ML first before going online but it was never as good.

I haven't played PES 2015-2017, but yeah I'd imagine given the popularity of online matches there's little pay-off to fully invest in it. Even the Football Manager games which are fundamentally a pure simulation get dogs abuse from fans for the match engine. Think people assume they just adjust sliders for 'crossing' and 'long-shots' to fix things.

In an ideal world there'd be a competent, interesting AI opponent so I'd never have to venture online to play the worst people on laggy connections. But I don't think the technology is there yet, there's only so many attacking patterns you can program which will inevitably become predictable to the human player. Even if Konami spent more money and time, it would never be enough or as exciting as a real opponent.

Personally I'd like to see an online career mode that isn't fixated on legends/superstars as myClub is. They should have left it as MLO in 2011, or at least offer an alternative.

Ball physics are the best I've seen,the ball bobbles when passed hard etc
Not rolling like a bowling ball on a floor.
I know I'm repeating stuff I already posted,but I think this game needs some TLC from users as well,not just hacked on,what they do well,the nail!

Had a lovely moment in the last game where a clearence smashed into an attacker and looped up, before landing with huge backspin. Completely caught me by surprise, but exactly how you would expect a real ball to react in that situation.

Had a lovely moment in the last game where a clearence smashed into an attacker and looped up, before landing with huge backspin. Completely caught me by surprise, but exactly how you would expect a real ball to react in that situation.
Ha ha,yeah no way to know where it lands mate.
I'm really loving the ball physics and going fw controlling a skillful player
If they make the AI mix up the attacking it's one of the better games I've played

Hadn't played last few weeks as my internet connection is atrocious if anyone else is in the house, but having a blast last couple of days in Seasons with mix of teams.

Easily best football game ever released IMO, no hyperbole. I have only properly enjoyed 3 football games in the last decade; PES 2011, FIFA 15, and FIFA 16, so it's about time.

Patch has made ball retention much easier and that was my biggest gripe at release. Dribbling is a dream now, even without any pace the low centre of gravity players can just bounce off challenges.

Full backs seem to be covering better also, funny watching idiots online still try and constantly ping to the wings every time just to cut it out time and again. Had some proper footballing games against good opponents as well, lots of 0-0s and 1-0s.

Could anyone recommend any teams to use online? Having fun with West Ham but want to vary it a bit. Like the look of Lazio but they've got a 'D' for form and don't like using players with bad arrows. Ideally a mid-range team with either a brute upfront or decent dribblers.

It will be a travesty if Konami don't do well from this. I appreciate people have issues with the offline AI and certain modes missing, but in pure gameplay it's streets ahead of FIFA. And that's coming from someone that's only played that game for last 6 or 7 iterations. Be a shame if they abandon what they've done here next year.

Just need to convince my housemates to invest in a better connection and I'll hop on to a proper community league I think.

Nice to hear! U play Divisions with PA1 or manual passing?

I play mostly in Top Player since 2018. In 2019 i have not yet invested so much time, cause i wait for the late October patch+dlc to retstart a new ML. Until now and after the latest restart of the last ML transfers fix, i have about 30 matches played.
@Cro_Cop I would love to try Challenge mode, but it is so unpolished and bugged and i don't know if it is fixed this year so i am going with classic mode. Last year i had situations where i finished 10th instead of 9th, which was club owner's objective, but i achieved EL qualification through winning domestic cup, but i was fired in the end :SHOCK:.
Strange, in previous season the most important mission was to qualify for CL, didn't do that through league,finished on 4th, but won the EL so I managed to grab the CL and the objective was complete..I think everything else is tougher aswell,certain players are impossible to get now and expensive, I'm at start of my 2nd season ,won my first 4 games, now the objective is to win the league and reach co final, so let's see.

I'm about 10-12 games in,and I think I'm parked in 7th or 8th place.
Haven't really got into a deep ML yet,still really need a patch for me to enjoy it full on,been in limbo for a few days not playing any games just transfer apps game data to a new console,but I'll start playing more games this weekend.
I had both Calhanuglu and Higuain + Sudo injured for a few games,and suso for three months.
Really miss him on the RMF.
I usually don't do any transfers first season,bulk up for season two.
I'm enjoying the game so far,even more when it's patched.
I play 3-5-2 with Milan and having Calhanuglu on a free role when attacking works great.
Best of luck mate.
If you feel like it,post some stuff in the ML thread,I'm going to update more often there
Okey,mate..some tough injuries there,important players, suso is really good in this game, I like him..hope you have a good season, I have a good start to mine, won my first 4 games, most important one, against Inter by an insane free kick from hakan..finally managed to defeat them..now my objective is to win the league, and reach CL finale, will be tough but now I have more experience hehe wish u the same, don't give up and bring 8n some players in Jan window if u must..sure I can post sometime in ML thread to get it going.

how can i get better manager in MyClub? teamspirit is a cancer to my team. makes them retarded. but i cant see no option to buy managers via GP?!

Game says "i have to wait" but for what? :D

Never mind.
MyClub is really about team spirit only? It feels like a cpu v cpu game where the user input/tactics/player skills barely matter as they get overwritten anyway by teamspirit.

Okey,mate..some tough injuries there,important players, suso is really good in this game, I like him..hope you have a good season, I have a good start to mine, won my first 4 games, most important one, against Inter by an insane free kick from hakan..finally managed to defeat them..now my objective is to win the league, and reach CL finale, will be tough but now I have more experience hehe wish u the same, don't give up and bring 8n some players in Jan window if u must..sure I can post sometime in ML thread to get it going.
Thanks mate
I'm sure I'll have a good run soon,had four straight wins before I lost to Sampdoria.
I like to struggle a bit when get my ML going,it's ok to go through the shitty periods early on
I played with Milan on 15/16/17/18 too.
On 17 I built them in to a power house.
In my 5 seasons I had 3 scudettos and two CL trophies.
Good luck to you to man

Nice to hear! U play Divisions with PA1 or manual passing?

Whatever the default is if that's PA1.

Honestly I could never get on with manual when I've tried few years, maybe it becomes instinctive after a while but you shouldn't have to think about direction too much for 5 yard passes IMO. Might give it a try though just to see!

To be fair I think the assisted passing isn't too bad this year, stats mostly hover around 80% if you play a posession game which feels realistic. Less if it turns into a slugfest. I often get caught out passing out of defence, so often to resort to hoofing it clear. The only exception to that is lofted passes and those driven balls to the wings which are wierdly super accurate.

Using Chelsea a lot currently, the individuality is off the charts. In midfield I got Kante who feels super-reactive to loose balls, Kovacic who glides through players and slips in passes, and old Fabregas who plays like a rolls royce but often gets caught for pace. Then Hazard/Morata/Giroud all over something different and feel unique. The off the ball movement feels fantastic, got Hazard drifting central, then wide. Morata running the channels, Giroud with back to goal.

What formations/tactics are people using? Just switched to a narrow 4-4-2, short passing, high compactness and mid support range. Then False Winger + Swarm the Box as Advanced tactics.

Teams I'm going to give a whirl once bored with Chelsea; Flamengo, Besiktas, Ajax, Lyon, Lazio, Betis.

Whatever the default is if that's PA1.

Honestly I could never get on with manual when I've tried few years, maybe it becomes instinctive after a while but you shouldn't have to think about direction too much for 5 yard passes IMO. Might give it a try though just to see!

To be fair I think the assisted passing isn't too bad this year, stats mostly hover around 80% if you play a posession game which feels realistic. Less if it turns into a slugfest. I often get caught out passing out of defence, so often to resort to hoofing it clear. The only exception to that is lofted passes and those driven balls to the wings which are wierdly super accurate.

Using Chelsea a lot currently, the individuality is off the charts. In midfield I got Kante who feels super-reactive to loose balls, Kovacic who glides through players and slips in passes, and old Fabregas who plays like a rolls royce but often gets caught for pace. Then Hazard/Morata/Giroud all over something different and feel unique. The off the ball movement feels fantastic, got Hazard drifting central, then wide. Morata running the channels, Giroud with back to goal.

What formations/tactics are people using? Just switched to a narrow 4-4-2, short passing, high compactness and mid support range. Then False Winger + Swarm the Box as Advanced tactics.

Teams I'm going to give a whirl once bored with Chelsea; Flamengo, Besiktas, Ajax, Lyon, Lazio, Betis.

Yeah I agree that PA1 is less assisted this year but I just found midfield battles to be almost non existent, it's like passing error only come in to play in the final third of the pitch which made the game a bit to much end to end for my liking. But I'm gonna give it a go again!

Pesuniverse v3 option file is just out and corrects almost all errors of v2 and put some extras more. Also american national teams are corrected

Never mind.
MyClub is really about team spirit only? It feels like a cpu v cpu game where the user input/tactics/player skills barely matter as they get overwritten anyway by teamspirit.

In PES 2015, lower TS team could beat higher TS teams with correct tactics (there were only 3 back then and no att/def level)

It was a challenge to work out what TS would work better against your opponent but at least it could be done.

Since 2016 there are just so many variables its difficult (for me) to work out what influences a W/D/L (which could be a good thing, I guess).

Main point is that once upon a time, TS has influence and you would not be penalised for having a low TS if you came up against an opponent that "required" a low TS to beat them.

Screenshot_20181007-012905_Twitter.jpg
Haha! Sorry, Im not trying to start anything.. but this made me laugh! The Legendary 3 year project! Date - 2012 :LOL:

I'll install V3 on Monday but game will wait for the patch. They better bring some amazing changes to the gameplay coz the force is strong on the other side... ;)

Returned back to my ML to face Juventus.
Only played FIFA since yesterday ,and haven't really played Pes in a week.
Juventus on manual was a nightmare,they press the living daylight out of you in their pressing game.

Once past the midfield their back four lets you know they mean business.
Lost 4-0,and it gets worse.
But first didn't feel cheated at all,they play so different Vs all other teams I played against,fast when having space,not any tiki taka on the wing.
And having Costa/Dybala and Mr Rapey constantly being in your box,a nightmare.
Nevertheless,the best game I had so far.
And the "it got worse part"?
I was on professional...
I thought I'd changed back to TP after a exhibition game
When this game shines,its a no brainer what i prefer playing
Good luck when stepping up to SS

Hade myself about 8 matches with PA1 and Advanced shooting in Divisions last night and gotta say I enjoyed it!

Used Torino för 6 matches and then Italy and Roma för the last two. Only lost once, 3 wins and 4 draws.

Not as assisted as my initial impressions, but it's still a bit to much end to end. But it depends on the strenght of the teams, only met Juve, Chelsea and Liverpool during these matches except för Poland once and that match had more passing errors in the middle of the park than all the other matches.

Rincon was sort of a mini- Kanté for me as a DMF and set to "defensive", broke up quite2a lot of passing lanes.

I do feel player stats become a bit more important overall when on PA1 but I wish the passing would be just the slightest less assisted.

Best moment of the night was when a frustrated Juve- guy sent me a message saying I should "go play FIFA loser". I held him to a 0-0 away result with me having the best chances as well. A good derby point from Il Toro!

Last edited:
View attachment 7208
Haha! Sorry, Im not trying to start anything.. but this made me laugh! The Legendary 3 year project! Date - 2012 :LOL:

I'll install V3 on Monday but game will wait for the patch. They better bring some amazing changes to the gameplay coz the force is strong on the other side... ;)

He is talking about Anvil there, when he was at Ubisoft working on Assassin's Creed.

Returned back to my ML to face Juventus.
Only played FIFA since yesterday ,and haven't really played Pes in a week.
Juventus on manual was a nightmare,they press the living daylight out of you in their pressing game.

Once past the midfield their back four lets you know they mean business.
Lost 4-0,and it gets worse.
But first didn't feel cheated at all,they play so different Vs all other teams I played against,fast when having space,not any tiki taka on the wing.
And having Costa/Dybala and Mr Rapey constantly being in your box,a nightmare.
Nevertheless,the best game I had so far.
And the "it got worse part"?
I was on professional...
I thought I'd changed back to TP after a exhibition game
When this game shines,its a no brainer what i prefer playing
Good luck when stepping up to SS
This game has more flaws than things I enjoy but you’re right, when this shines it shines brighter than any football game I’ve ever played.

It’s such a great but hugely flawed football game. It’s so Konami!

Best moment of the night was when a frustrated Juve- guy sent me a message saying I should "go play FIFA loser". I held him to a 0-0 away result with me having the best chances as well. A good derby point from Il Toro!

Post-match grievances from people using Juve/Barca/PSG are immensley satisfying. :SMUG: I keep getting messages about being 'too defensive' purely because i don't charge about and leave huge gaps to exploit

How are you setting up with Torino? I might give 3 atb a go next game. Also need to explore using the with ball/without ball formations.

This game has more flaws than things I enjoy but you’re right, when this shines it shines brighter than any football game I’ve ever played.

It’s such a great but hugely flawed football game. It’s so Konami!
So true,but playing Vs Juventus here and Juventus elsewhere were like night and day.
And since I love playing Serie A it's no brainer for me,despite its flaws.

So true,but playing Vs Juventus here and Juventus elsewhere were like night and day.
And since I love playing Serie A it's no brainer for me,despite its flaws.
I was waiting to start a Master League with a Premier League side when the patch/update drops but I can't be bothered to wait 3 weeks. There's no harm in starting one soon, is there? The transfer update has already hit PS4 and Xbox hasn't it?

I might start one with Wolves. Big [ish] club, good players, nice kits...in the Sky Bet recently and ready for the big time!

Could really roleplay a few seasons with them. :)

I was waiting to start a Master League with a Premier League side when the patch/update drops but I can't be bothered to wait 3 weeks. There's no harm in starting one soon, is there? The transfer update has already hit PS4 and Xbox hasn't it?

I might start one with Wolves. Big [ish] club, good players, nice kits...in the Sky Bet recently and ready for the big time!

Could really roleplay a few seasons with them. :)
I think it's nice going back and forth between the games.
I love playing Serie A ,I think konami nails that,pace is spot on,plus player movements player ID is so good.
But I sometimes play lower league careers ,both player and manager career,that's what I use the FIFA for.
Get sick of game nr1,go to game nr2 for a while.
Right now I'm having a hard time with the visuals (movement fluidity pace etc) when I'm not playing PES,and of course no freekicks being just stupid.
But at the end of the day,two games for everyone

I think it's nice going back and forth between the games.
I love playing Serie A ,I think konami nails that,pace is spot on,plus player movements player ID is so good.
But I sometimes play lower league careers ,both player and manager career,that's what I use the FIFA for.
Get sick of game nr1,go to game nr2 for a while.
Right now I'm having a hard time with the visuals (movement fluidity pace etc) when I'm not playing PES,and of course no freekicks being just stupid.
But at the end of the day,two games for everyone
Both games are very good this year. A few fixes for both and we're happy.

I'm using FIFA for online and PES for single player. I just don't like how the CPU behaves in the other game.

Back
Top Bottom