PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Pic's of AI teams in ML. Excuse the dullness as HDR on PC is a bitch to setup and screen shot takers are always too bright or dull

ixy4vp.jpg

5ysvo7.jpg

aagi07.jpg

106bkoo.jpg

Didn't quite get the point on your post at first.. but do you mean you have started 4 ML campaigns with different teams (even different leagues) and ManUtd has hired the same players in ML?
source.gif

That's even more fucked up than only random players being buught by random teams.
So there's a plan or some kind of algorytm that will work the same way?

My head just exploded for a bit

Didn't quite get the point on your post at first.. but do you mean you have started 4 ML campaigns with different teams (even different leagues) and ManUtd has hired the same players in ML?
source.gif

That's even more fucked up than only random players being buught by random teams.

no. his team is man utd...he is just showing the ai teams all loaded at 99 spirit in ML

Pic's of AI teams in ML. Excuse the dullness as HDR on PC is a bitch to setup and screen shot takers are always too bright or dull

ixy4vp.jpg

5ysvo7.jpg

aagi07.jpg

106bkoo.jpg

This should be seen from Konami or somebody tweet them these pictures

After people says that in ML it's all ok

Catching up on UCL highlights this morning and i can't help but smile at the way PES really manages to capture some of the imperfections of real life football as well as what makes it graceful.

Take for instance Barca's first goal against Spurs. It's such lousy way to concede and i have done many times when it's frustrating that your fullback or centre half is way outta position for no reason, your keeper is in 2 minds whether to not he should commit and you have a cut back pass with an open goal to contend with.

Scrappy and sweaty when you concede like that in a game, but it's not implausible for the real thing either.

Why? (just curious)

Was watching him closely last night and Konami have got the way he runs, walks, heads, passes, drilled passes absolutely spot on. They for some reason have left his silly beard off.
They have cloned him to perfection on the pitch.

Really enjoying this game now after a love hate relationship. Yes it has its flaws but Im not seeing the low cross as much. When this game is patched it could be the best game released (for me) since PES10.

Still liking Divsions a lot but for the love of Jeebus fix the manual headers! Either players don't jump at all or they become floaty af. Almost threw the controller through the window last night when Milik managed to do a floaty header going over the bar from around 50cm, with a open goal mind you.

Guys with Twitter, has this been a thing that has been fed back? Or do people moan about lack of tattoos on Icardis balls over there for the most part?

I'm in the same camp as far as difficulty assumptions go but it just occurred to me - if I remember correctly - that on pes 17 top player was shit and superstar played a very nice game. For that reason I skipped top player after a few games in ML and went straight for superstar. Could be something to it regarding superstar versus legendary this year... Am definitely remembering this to try out later on.

Best thing about legendary is that it replicates the behaviour of a higher rated CPU opponent best, as they are not that passive in midfield anymore and will close you down within seconds, which forces you to rebuild your effort or send the ball away in panic. This alone leads to much more chances for the CPU without the feel of superpower in shots and passes.

Almost threw the controller through the window last night when Milik managed to do a floaty header going over the bar from around 50cm, with a open goal mind you.
Thats not a bug. Thats a player ID. This guy is utter crap! :LOL:

Guys with Twitter, has this been a thing that has been fed back

It was fed back. Seen it posted few times.

source.gif

Sorry, that's the setup of the ai team, I'm utd

Last edited:
Wouldn't you need an internet connection to get the data pack? All you do is go to options and hit apply live update to edit mode or something, takes about a minute.
I mean you need an active internet connection. Obviously you download data pack but always need internet connection active to play the game even offline, i dont like that.

Also myself and my cousin played the other day and saw a noticable difference between local multiplayer with live update and without. Without was a slower game where more possession and dribbling was possible.

I mean you need an active internet connection. Obviously you download data pack but always need internet connection active to play the game even offline, i dont like that.

Once you download the live update for offline, there's an option in settings to do so, it stays in your console even when offline, you don't need to be connected.

Also myself and my cousin played the other day and saw a noticable difference between local multiplayer with live update and without. Without was a slower game where more possession and dribbling was possible.
Are you using "normal" player forms/condition on Local multi?
Might be because of the "random arrow" of forms online/live update.
Also, I think the AI teammates difficulty online is set to REGULAR, which makes them more prone to stupid behaviour.
And of course the lag online, even if it's minimal has a lot of effect on how we play.

EDIT: Lol! I mis-understood your post the first time so ignore what I say about teammate difficulty and lag. What you're saying is between local multi with live update and without, so maybe the "form arrows" just made the difference.

Last edited:
Just played a match. Haven't touch it since FIFA. I really think the AI problem is solved. No low crosses.

But I also got a feeling that the unique ball physics is toned down. I don't know if it's me not playing it enough or what happened.

What do you guys think? Same ?

Just played a match. Haven't touch it since FIFA. I really think the AI problem is solved. No low crosses.

But I also got a feeling that the unique ball physics is toned down. I don't know if it's me not playing it enough or what happened.

Stupid low crosses are still there. I still experience AI forcing low crosses that goes straight to my defenders but I noticed it's lesser now. Since day one, I've seen AI shoot decent amount outside the box but I noticed they do it more often now.

They should make AI dribble more and use skills.

Last edited:
Are you using "normal" player forms/condition on Local multi?
Might be because of the "random arrow" of forms online/live update.
Also, I think the AI teammates difficulty online is set to REGULAR, which makes them more prone to stupid behaviour.
And of course the lag online, even if it's minimal has a lot of effect on how we play.

EDIT: Lol! I mis-understood your post the first time so ignore what I say about teammate difficulty. What you're saying is between local multi with live update and without, so maybe the "form arrows" just made the difference.
Yes it is form arrows that you cannot turn off in live update

Also last year there was a dumb player emotions toggle you culd remove when live update was off.

Yes it is form arrows that you cannot turn off in live update

Also last year there was a dumb player emotions toggle you culd remove when live update was off.
Yes. Personally, I wish there was an option on online friendly that we can use normal form arrows.
Yes, I always turn that "EMOTION" off last year. That "EMOTION" is another way of scripting, imo.
There's no "EMOTION" option now but we are not sure if it's always turned ON now or totally gone.

Last edited:

Its not solved. The more you play the more you notice it.
Maybe they tweaked it a tiny bit when they were fixing ML, but problem is still there. Same as no shots from distance and dribbling from AI.

I have to say, that this years PES is burning out quite fast.. its been, what, a month?
And Im already getting bored.. there is absolutely nothing outside of the pitch.
I was always picking some low team and having fun building them up. As I dont like to play english/french league I had to pick D1 team. So half of the fun is gone.

Every match looks and feels the same. Same, shallow atmosphere, same play style from every single COM team. If it wasnt for different kits Id think I keep playing against the same team. ML outside of the pitch is shallow as a puddle.
There is no difference whether you play home, away, league, friendly or champions league final..
I dont know how much longer this game will keep me interested.
They made it feel so good on the ball and so damn boring off the ball and off the pitch..
I've never got tired of PES that quick in the past. Something went horribly wrong this year..

Its not solved. The more you play the more you notice it.
Maybe they tweaked it a tiny bit when they were fixing ML, but problem is still there. Same as no shots from distance and dribbling from AI.

I have to say, that this years PES is burning out quite fast.. its been, what, a month?
And Im already getting bored.. there is absolutely nothing outside of the pitch.
I was always picking some low team and having fun building them up. As I dont like to play english/french league I had to pick D1 team. So half of the fun is gone.

Every match looks and feels the same. Same, shallow atmosphere, same play style from every single COM team. If it wasnt for different kits Id think I keep playing against the same team. ML outside of the pitch is shallow as a puddle.
There is no difference whether you play home, away, league, friendly or champions league final..
I dont know how much longer this game will keep me interested.
They made it feel so good on the ball and so damn boring off the ball and off the pitch..
I've never got tired of PES that quick in the past. Something went horribly wrong this year..

But actually... The ball feeling. I maybe think the physics has changed? I really don't think its that unique as when its first came out?

Maybe it's me feeling to much, because of the more well rounded FIFA-package.

But actually... The ball feeling. I maybe think the physics has changed? I really don't think its that unique as when its first came out?

Maybe it's me feeling to much, because of the more well rounded FIFA-package.
You might be onto something there.
I remember, when it came out, I was thinking how incredibly random the ball is this year. So many rebounds, unpredictability, i was amazed. Player clashes and a lot of players falling and lying on the pitch for a while, before they got up.
I dont have this feeling anymore. Dont remember last time I thought - "wow i didnt see that coming".
I thought it was boring AI that put a shadow on everything else, but maybe you right. Maybe they toned everything down trying to sort the AI out.

You might be onto something there.
I remember, when it came out, I was thinking how incredibly random the ball is this year. So many rebounds, unpredictability, i was amazed. Player clashes and a lot of players falling and lying on the pitch for a while, before they got up.
I dont have this feeling anymore. Dont remember last time I thought - "wow i didnt see that coming".
I thought it was boring AI that put a shadow on everything else, but maybe you right. Maybe they toned everything down trying to sort the AI out.

Well.. We are speculating as always. But in the one game i played (Milan-Chievo) I was feeling a lot more PES 2018/2017'ish. On the good side also in terms of AI (they didn't low cross more than one time) and they played a lot of varied balls.

On the bad side.. I think the ball physics was a lot more ''plain'', meaning that the ball was skating over the pitch and the first touch was really good with all of my players. Didn't see a slow defence with the ball etc..

Of course, I must play more than one game to figure it out, but if the unique feeling disappeared it wouldn’t change much for me if the AI was perfect.

Well.. We are speculating as always. But in the one game i played (Milan-Chievo) I was feeling a lot more PES 2018/2017'ish. On the good side also in terms of AI (they didn't low cross more than one time) and they played a lot of varied balls.

On the bad side.. I think the ball physics was a lot more ''plain'', meaning that the ball was skating over the pitch and the first touch was really good with all of my players. Didn't see a slow defence with the ball etc..

Of course, I must play more than one game to figure it out, but if the unique feeling disappeared it wouldn’t change much for me if the AI was perfect.
Players reacting faster,and TS if you play ML.
I noticed what I thought was less difficult manual passing when the update came,but I thinks it's player reactions being snappier.
Plus in my case on ML,I loved how the game played when I was at 65-70 so unpredictable,now that I'm between 75-84 it reacts faster

Just won the europa league with Milan in my ML .
A thing I noticed though, Abate got injured in second half due to fatigue,cause I kept him on, but after the game there was no info about him getting injured and seems he's totally fine,just three days after haha maybe it's a bug..never happened before, but was finale and with so much info post game and happiness maybe they forgot it and abate didn't feel anything afterwards

Just won the europa league with Milan in my ML .
A thing I noticed though, Abate got injured in second half due to fatigue,cause I kept him on, but after the game there was no info about him getting injured and seems he's totally fine,just three days after haha maybe it's a bug..never happened before, but was finale and with so much info post game and happiness maybe they forgot it and abate didn't feel anything afterwards
Winning the cup make miracles come true!! ;)

In ML, is there now a group games in Europe home and away seeing as they lost the CL/EL licenses?

Or are the games played at a neutral ground like the domestic cup?

And are the European finals played in a neutral stadium? Is it a different stadium every season? [sorry for lots of questions.]

Remember the terrible million seater CL stadium? I hated that shit.

I will go back to this when the patch happens end of October.

Back
Top Bottom