PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

When did the patch release? Because last i played online divisions was sunday night and it was still horrendus. Momentum/button lag etc. Firminho speed burst past 3 defenders and held them off same time before scoring in the..............you guessed it 91st minute.

Sometimes i have problems with lags but usually not. It's deepend on my opponent connection.

How you can see TS of team you play against bro?

It's on PC, with sider you can select sides in game and see it set up the other team tactics. Played a few games last night. You can't effect the team Chem by changing formation or subs it's just every team always 99. Also their players rarely get negative form arrows. As both PC and console are the same it would be an issue on console as well

Been enjoying what i've played so far in online divisions more so then the repetetiveness of offline but god damn if it's not a pressure fest.

What's disappointing to me is that there's no emphasis on passing and unlocking defenses with a well timed through pass or decent play but rather center-halves that are pulled ridiculously out of position and wingers who chip your keeper constantly.

Don't even get me started on the frequency of free kicks you concede either.

Game feels better after the last small update.
AI on superstar is quite enjoyable until around 80th minute, when they tend to turn into Super Sayans. It anyone else having that problem or is it just me getting tired at the end. 8/10 matches, even when im winning and dominating, last 10 minutes Im loosing few goals and the match as a result.
Either there is something fishy going on, or my subconscious is expecting few goals from AI and I panic.
Ps. Newest cracker

What the hell??!
Maaaaan, I forgot about advanced shooting until I saw that clip. How did you hold the left stick?
Forward? Slightly forward after gaining kicking power?
I stuggle with those high shots on advanced, that´s why I went back to manual.

No way man.
Konami know they DEPEND on the Community to keep PES alive on PC. Unless they remove the unlicensed teams from the game and keep a 100% licensed game which is not going to happen
Otherwise, they might as well get rid of the PC version altogether.

Yeah, I agree.
Even KONAMI really does come around with strange decisions, going down that route would surely kill them.
If there wasn´t any possibility to mod teams, kits, graphics etc, I probably wouldn´t play it no more.
I don´t need the full license package, but year for year I wait for a decent OF or patch before starting a master league.
And now with the loss of EL/CL, I can´t play one without the suitable mod for that.

You are not rude, just deluded

Stop pushing your manual agenda, its not real PES. Niche at best.

Hmmm, it´s okay if you´re not into manual gaming, but your words are quite harsh.

Thing is just: best online games I ever had on this PES, 2018 and 2017 were on full manual.
It feels a lot more like proper football.

If manual was so good you would not need to advertise it so much. It will never catch on buddy

One of the main thing in a forum is to help each other with the individual experiences. There is no need to advertise something, because at the end of the day no one cares if anybody plays heatseeking pingpong on PA4 behind locked doors and even thinks "real" PES was engineered this way.

You are not rude, just deluded

Stop pushing your manual agenda, its not real PES. Niche at best.

Then why not just give up? You have'nt posted a single text without saying online is scripted, talk about pushing an agenda.

And dude, stop telling people whats "real" Pes and whats not. Opinions and all that.

Also does anyone know if offline rosters are up to date yet? Or is live update still required to see summer transfers?
AFAIK offline rosters (not sure what do you mean by that) are out of date (thats the retail game in my book). You need to apply Live update in order to get the latest squads. The latest you apply the recent squads you get (including youngsters from second squads etc.)

I not sure especially after late years issues.The brasileiro update is always a mess with the licensing issues Brazilian teams and players have at the moment.The updates whenever take place only cause troubles with duplicates of players causing situations where the original one with scanned face being in the free agents and his fake duplicate in a “problematic” team etc.Or we have again the Santos issue, where half the roster is missing, licensed or fake.
I know the online players are affected only from official updates but for the offline people it would be better if they don’t update anything in Brazilian clubs the whole year and just let us the community do the updates all season.

Yeah I totally get that. It's crappy either way...

I thought Master League had been patched last week??
Transfers were fixed. Gameplay is still a bit off.. I just dont want to go through the season until they polish gameplay.
But nothing is stopping you from starting it now. Its just me and my OCD.

@chiefrocka4real - i held it south west ↙️ as per intructions. I think they are depending hugely on player momentum and pass. Once you can set your player up nicely they can be really devastating. I cant see myself ever going back to basic shooting. And manual is too hard for me. Especially from that distance, when I cant see the goal. I was basically aiming blindly and I couldnt stand it.

People are talking about how they play the game. Which is fine.

Your tone and the "deluded" insult you made earlier, isn't fine.

You're on thin ice. Play nice.
He is telling me to shut up about scripting when he mentions manual every post. Double standards? Also first time you ever had to mod me and i am already on thin ice? Alrighty then

As for squads if you do not have an internet connection you do not have summer transfers like mahrez to man city?! that is terrible. I want to play local multiplayer without the form arrows etc, this means i have to update all transfers manually? WOW konami WOW

P.S philla i play PA1 like most people. But do not let facts get in way of a post asking for likes :)

He is telling me to shut up about scripting when he mentions manual every post. Double standards? Also first time you ever had to mod me and i am already on thin ice? Alrighty then

As for squads if you do not have an internet connection you do not have summer transfers like mahrez to man city?! that is terrible. I want to play local multiplayer without the form arrows etc, this means i have to update all transfers manually? WOW konami WOW

P.S philla i play PA1 like most people. But do not let facts get in way of a post asking for likes :)

As i didn´t mention anyone exclusively i was referring to the worst case scenario. So just stick to what´s on the screen and not in your imagination.

I couldnt care less about what you or someone else use for passing setting.

But I'll stop now. Please feel free to continue to making us aware about the scripting. Have fun!

Next person to carry on this pointless bitching gets banned, guys. No excuses. You're clogging up the thread with it now.

Back on-topic.

I couldnt care less about what you or someone else use for passing setting.

But I'll stop now. Please feel free to continue to making us aware about the scripting. Have fun!
You have just admitted you should not have told me to stop talking about momentum whilst being offended i asked you to stop talking about manual.

I accept your apology though, lets move on, we all want a good PES after all.

Chris-only seen your message after posted. I will not post about this again.

You have just admitted you should not have told me to stop talking about momentum whilst being offended i asked you to stop talking about manual.

I accept your apology though, lets move on, we all want a good PES after all.

Chris-only seen your message after posted. I will not post about this again.

Wasnt offended, like I wrote don't care if you play manual or not. I would love something in between pa1 and manual myself.

I really just wanted you to give some examples of scripting since you seem to be very passionate about it.

But lets drop it. Like you said, we just want a good PES . :)

Last edited:
Haven't played PES 19 for 2 weeks. Saved it after the end of the first ML season, cannot play it anymore whilst the offline AI is in this state.

Was fed up of dominating matches, more shots, more on target shots, more passes, more tackles, more corners, more possession, the CPU has 2 shots, 2 goals,m both first time inside the box from a low cross, every single game. Its horrible.

Been playing a the 'other' game for a bit, until we see if Konami can actually fix the Ai.

I am still shocked you need an internet connection to play with summer transfers. They usually released a Data Pack few weeks after release.

Haven't played PES 19 for 2 weeks. Saved it after the end of the first ML season, cannot play it anymore whilst the offline AI is in this state.

Was fed up of dominating matches, more shots, more on target shots, more passes, more tackles, more corners, more possession, the CPU has 2 shots, 2 goals,m both first time inside the box from a low cross, every single game. Its horrible.

Been playing a the 'other' game for a bit, until we see if Konami can actually fix the Ai.

Have you checked out legendary difficulty level? (MOD EDIT: IN PES!) To me it is much more playable (due to a good amount of CPU errors) than last year and it is the first AI in a football game ever that made me feel the need to send to wide balls into the opponent half to get some breath and structure.

It is the first football game ever that made me send long balls into the CPU´s half to get some breath and structure while retaining a halfway "humanized" CPU playstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked out legendary difficulty level? (MOD EDIT: IN PES!) To me it is much more playable (due to a good amount of CPU errors) than last year and it is the first AI in a football game ever that made me feel the need to send to wide balls into the opponent half to get some breath and structure.

It is the first football game ever that made me send long balls into the CPU´s half to get some breath and structure while retaining a halfway "humanized" CPU playstyle.

Hey Philla, No i haven't unlocked Legendary, as been playing ML on Top Player.
Even on Top Player, the CPU's finishing, even with low rated CF's is ultra clinical, first time back heels, first time shots, rockets into top corner every time, so moving up to Superstar or Legendary put me off as I assumed it would just be even more overpowered and unrealistic.

Even on Top Player, the CPU's finishing, even with low rated CF's is ultra clinical, first time back heels, first time shots, rockets into top corner every time, so moving up to Superstar or Legendary put me off as I assumed it would just be even more overpowered and unrealistic.
I thought that to. But I recommend trying Superstar. COM, for some strange reason, plays more humanly on Superstar. They are not as limited as on Top Player. I havent noticed more back heels or ping pong passes. There are also some AI errors on Superstar. There is just more pressure from COM. I havent unlocked Legendary yet. I think I have 3 or 4 wins so far. The only thing annoying on Superstar is the last 10 mins, where COM just goes into rage mode. But overall, as a whole match - i find Superstar really enjoyable.
Just need to try this advice I got here earlier, to kill time in last 10 minutes and be very defensive. I was playing as usual and loosing goals by the end.

I am still shocked you need an internet connection to play with summer transfers. They usually released a Data Pack few weeks after release.

Wouldn't you need an internet connection to get the data pack? All you do is go to options and hit apply live update to edit mode or something, takes about a minute.

I thought that to. But I recommend trying Superstar. COM, for some strange reason, plays more humanly on Superstar. They are not as limited as on Top Player. I havent noticed more back heels or ping pong passes. There are also some AI errors on Superstar. There is just more pressure from COM. I havent unlocked Legendary yet. I think I have 3 or 4 wins so far. The only thing annoying on Superstar is the last 10 mins, where COM just goes into rage mode. But overall, as a whole match - i find Superstar really enjoyable.
Just need to try this advice I got here earlier, to kill time in last 10 minutes and be very defensive. I was playing as usual and loosing goals by the end.
attack is best defence! I play like that and don't have problems :D

I'm in the same camp as far as difficulty assumptions go but it just occurred to me - if I remember correctly - that on pes 17 top player was shit and superstar played a very nice game. For that reason I skipped top player after a few games in ML and went straight for superstar. Could be something to it regarding superstar versus legendary this year... Am definitely remembering this to try out later on.

It's on PC, with sider you can select sides in game and see it set up the other team tactics. Played a few games last night. You can't effect the team Chem by changing formation or subs it's just every team always 99. Also their players rarely get negative form arrows. As both PC and console are the same it would be an issue on console as well

So everytime we are playing against CPU in Master they have TS at 99 and form arrow almost quite good in every match?

Are you able to make some pictures?i'm just courious :)

Back
Top Bottom