PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

This shit has to go asap.

When the cpu is actively hindering your players, or overriding your inputs. It's abundant online & offline.
Three of the biggest issues with this right now imo are:
1. The cpu turning your receiver into an oncoming tackler. Far too many times I'm seeing my controller input ignored and overridden, so instead of turning away from danger my player turns straight into. Result: I get tackled before the receive pass animation even finishes.
Input control override also includes passing & shooting. eg. fully charged up shoot results in weak side foot attempt, or a fully charged cross that travels 10m, or a tap on the pass button that sends the ball past 2 player 90 degrees from were you aimed.
My worst & most blatant example of this was when my CB jumped out of the line to intercept a thruball, I held the stick so he'd keep moving up the pitch. The striker had bombed on, 15m in behind my defence. My input was ignored and my CB turned 180 while intercepting the ball, and sprinted straight into the striker. I was unable to control anything.
2. Fighting your own players movement. Forget my opponent in some matches, I have to fight tooth and nail with my own guys just to have them do the simple things, like track a run, or stop charging out and leaving gaps.
3. When the AI doesn't know where the ball is. Balls bouncing off faces instead of heading the thing. Passes bouncing off shins. Defenders just standing still in a hypnotic trance like state with no clue what's going on around them.

Yeah these are all vile but have been going on for years. It's not bad programming or scripting in my opinion, it's the Fox engine being unable to handle players acting like sensible, responsive and aware human beings

Yeah these are all vile but have been going on for years. It's not bad programming or scripting in my opinion, it's the Fox engine being unable to handle players acting like sensible, responsive and aware human beings

AI attention and awareness are surely not a problem of the FOX engine itself. To me, the most buggy AI is to be found in PES2013. I remember players standing and watching passes go past them which would have been incredible easy to intercept.

PES2019 is far from perfect and really demands for a patch, but regarding this is still more or less v1.0 of gameplay, it is one of the most playable and solid PES games of all times.

AI attention and awareness are surely not a problem of the FOX engine itself. To me, the most buggy AI is to be found in PES2013. I remember players standing and watching passes go past them which would have been incredible easy to intercept.

Not how I remember it personally Phil'. Doubtless all PES have had their moments I just think they are far greater and more obvious since PES 14.

Example. Remember the hook animation players would make in an attempt to keep the ball in, if you pressed pass near the touchline. This is now gone and I can't believe it wouldn't be in the game if it could be. Player would be more likely to run it out of play now and then keep running. Fox looks good but is flawed and limited.

Could it be that AI is limited since Pes 2014 because they had to redo everything from scratch?
I mean, i don't think it's Fox Engine issue with the AI, but the fact that Pes Team never really adjusted it enough but just kept tweaking here and there instead of really creating a new one.

By comparison the previous engine was based on Ps2 one and was decades old, so they already had established a more functional AI since many years.

It is for what it is.

You are never going to get FM levels of detail in a game like this, even FIFAs mode lacks in many areas.

Master League lets you do the basic management stuff, sign and sell players, train, tactics, have a mini world of leagues all active, little bits like team of the month... stat tracking, some financial aspects. Of course its basic, but thats all these modes are. FIFAs is no better, it looks fancy, but at the end of the day, they are shallow in real terms and essentially it boils down to your imagination to get the most from it.

If you go into Master League comparing it to what it hasnt got, or just thinking its crap from the off, then you will never enjoy it. You have to enjoy it for what it is. It was shit in the PES glory years but thats still the holy grail of life for some on here.

I agree!
It probably comes down to how you play your ML or what you expect.
If I´d choose a big team like Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventus or any of these, it would bore me quite soon, I guess.

What I do is, pick a 2nd division team from any league, a weak one and build it up step by step.
Trying to get to the first division, somehow try to be not too good to get to the EL league first and then to the CL and so on.
There are many achievements to be done.
Of course, this year there are not many choices for D2 leagues....we didn´t see that coming.
But at least, fatigue finally seems to come better into play and injuries either.
I wanna see how several players fit into the team and how some don´t.

That´s very basic, yes and there could be so many things implemented and it could be much much better, but I wouldn´t say that ML is an absolute mess.

I feel very sorry for PES. I can't see how they can go another year with the same platform, same engine, same everything.
They need a change as soon as possible and start over, trying to take only the best bits from the current game and start over.

I don't know whether the rumors about them working on an exclusive engine for PES for 2021 are true or not, they never confirmed it, but I hope they are true. In fact, I hope they are so far in its development that they maybe PES 2020 could see this change come to light. Otherwise I don't know how they can push it for 2 more years.

Hell no. I wouldn´t want a new engine....no way!
It took them year after year to get the gameplay slightly better on this engine.
Starting with a new one already...I mean we all know KONAMI...we might have a second PES 2014 (speaking of the flaws the engine and bad programming brought with it).

The engine is good. It just needs to be ironed out a little more and beside that, it´s about time to work on bells and whistles and stuff outside of the pitch.

The game is a joke online, i saw celtc players out muscle and outpace man city players all over the field lol

They can say patch will addres online issues but it is not a lag or server issue, People are just waking up to momentum scripting. But will these guys remove it?!

The game is a joke online, i saw celtc players out muscle and outpace man city players all over the field lol

They can say patch will addres online issues but it is not a lag or server issue, People are just waking up to momentum scripting. But will these guys remove it?!

I don't want to be rude but you really are obsessed with repeating that online is scripted. I play Online Divisions with manual settings and never feel that it is scripted. But i can't say it doesn't exist, just that I never feel cheated.

Do you have videos etc of scripting?

A2419534-9C0A-4E97-95A3-8C71B47DD805.jpeg AFC63997-EE96-4A63-878A-6195858014CE.jpeg What a great football sim. Online devisions looks awesome. Superb fluid and looks superb too. Keepers are very good. My scores above. Day matches looks the best in any sports games. After the patch online is awesome. Love it.

If you want better and realistic AI behavior in your ML career you must change the CPU difficulty with every team you encounter. For example if you are playing at home against West Ham you can lower the difficulty let's say to top player, with Liverpool at superstar, with Brighton professional, with Barcelona legend etc. Otherwise you will get easily frustrated with the AI. And when you will get used to your squad and your team spirit go high you can change the difficulty to a higher value for more challenging gameplay. So the point is to not stick with a fix difficulty for all teams in your ML career.

One of the biggest problems with the masterleague is any team you play against has a 99 team spirit. I'd say it's why the lower teams can pass it around so good. Before the ML patch every team also has positive form arrows and perfect condition. I've only checked in one or two game post the patch but while form still seems mostly positive, condition wasn't 100% for some players which lead to injuries for the AI team, cant remember if this was after internationals

Do people really want to just stick with the half dead Fox Engine forever? How much longer can they realistically continue using it with the PS5/Xbox??? likely 2 years max away? There's no way they can still be using an engine first used on PS3 generation - PES2014 - on a new generation consoles, there's also no way they can afford to skip the first year of those consoles like they did back on PS4/X1. They need to be switching now in preparation.

Yes the lighting is good on PES2019 but that's not Fox Engine, it's Enlighten, a third party app... one that they couldn't apparently get working properly with Fox Engine hence static lighting in stadiums... there's a hint there folks! Btw it works fine with UE4! :P They lost Havok when MS bought it so we're stuck with basic collisions, limited 1v1 duels for aerial balls, masses of clipping and objects passing through each other.

Fox will not be getting a fraction of the upgrades and support Frostbite or UE4 gets. Time to move on if you want to see any progress in PES.

My PS4 makes noise like a VaccumCleaner when I play this game. Its very quite when I used to play Overwatch, Battelfied 5 beta and Uncharted etc
Is it the same for you guys too?
Bought Dyabala for 37 million just few hours ago. Amazing realism:DOH:
My PS4 Pro was so loud it woke the neighbours :LOL:

Seriously though, it’s a common issue with the Pro. It’s because of the fan ramping up when outputting in 4K. I had to get rid of mine it was so loud and I was worried it was going to die.

One of the biggest problems with the masterleague is any team you play against has a 99 team spirit. I'd say it's why the lower teams can pass it around so good. Before the ML patch every team also has positive form arrows and perfect condition. I've only checked in one or two game post the patch but while form still seems mostly positive, condition wasn't 100% for some players which lead to injuries for the AI team, cant remember if this was after internationals
One funny anecdote about team spirit. If you read the manual of pes5 (link available in the retro pes thread), it is stated by seabass that team spirit was a dream at that time to implement into pes. He precisely says that according to the way he conceived how it should work, lower rated team with a high team spirit should be able to beat better teams but with a lower team spirit. It is in the stats explanation section, in the paragraph dedicated to team teamwork.

Last edited:
@papinho81: Fast forward to 2018, and the game doesn't even have Mentality or Teamwork player stats anymore...
It seems to have been replaced by the rather esoretic notion of "Team Spirit".
Esoteric01.jpg

Allign all of your team's chakras and you'll achieve Pro Evolution Soccer Nirvana!

they fixed the servers, now the game flows so good online, especially if you filter out the bad connections. Very happy, have been having some great games this weekend.

One thing, on 3v3, why do they let ppl play if they are alone? These solo acts from Brazil lag so much and are so annoying, is there a way to block them out?

View attachment 7059 View attachment 7058 What a great football sim. Online devisions looks awesome. Superb fluid and looks superb too. Keepers are very good. My scores above. Day matches looks the best in any sports games. After the patch online is awesome. Love it.
totally agree with you on this. Im very hard on Konami, I only play online with friends and on online divisions. Since the patch it's really good!

@miguelfcp Yeah, he actually thought that team spirit would better portrait alchemy between players than the sum of the individual teamwork stats. I think it work really better the other way around. But I can see why he wanted this to be may be more dynamic.

Has the Master League patch dropped yet?
If so any differences being seen??

Yes it has and yes there is.

Firstly the few Premier League teams intent on self destruct, dont self destruct. So no team will have a decimated squad, which is the main fix.

Transfers between teams, well of course there will be a few that you dont agree within terms of who moved, where and for what. I havent seen teams change their squads too much, so you still get the stars at their club in the main... but I think that can change save by save.

PC Modding's gonna die as soon as they switch to Unreal Engine. They use Denuvo's DRM which will shut the game down as soon as it detects any changes in the game files. You can enable mods in the engine, but you can't hide from Denuvo and there's no way Konami are gonna release it without Denuvo.

Do people really want to just stick with the half dead Fox Engine forever? How much longer can they realistically continue using it with the PS5/Xbox??? likely 2 years max away? There's no way they can still be using an engine first used on PS3 generation - PES2014 - on a new generation consoles, there's also no way they can afford to skip the first year of those consoles like they did back on PS4/X1. They need to be switching now in preparation.

Yes the lighting is good on PES2019 but that's not Fox Engine, it's Enlighten, a third party app... one that they couldn't apparently get working properly with Fox Engine hence static lighting in stadiums... there's a hint there folks! Btw it works fine with UE4! :P They lost Havok when MS bought it so we're stuck with basic collisions, limited 1v1 duels for aerial balls, masses of clipping and objects passing through each other.

Fox will not be getting a fraction of the upgrades and support Frostbite or UE4 gets. Time to move on if you want to see any progress in PES.
Totally disagree with you. FOX ENGINE in Pes 2019 show very big potencial in whole department. Seriously i dont know what are you talking about. Game looks superb. The lighting is awesome. Grass textures looks awsome. Nets physics are awesome. Ball physics looks awesome. Players model looks fantastic. Scaning faces and faces without scaning are top notch. Animations? Are the best in any sports games i have seen before. Superb fluid. Collision? Looks very good in Pes 2019 too in particular when players juping to the ball and detecting each other. This engine looks much better than Forsbite. Licensed stadia and some fake one looks really good. Emirtes, Anfield, San Siro, Cam Nou and more. Matches on witer looks ice.

Yes it has and yes there is.

Firstly the few Premier League teams intent on self destruct, dont self destruct. So no team will have a decimated squad, which is the main fix.

Transfers between teams, well of course there will be a few that you dont agree within terms of who moved, where and for what. I havent seen teams change their squads too much, so you still get the stars at their club in the main... but I think that can change save by save.
I not sure if it is due to patch or this years version with bigger European market,more European leagues,but I noticed yesterday in ML many transfers from euro clubs to Brazilian teams for example Gremio signing Celtics scotish LB etc.The previous years Latin America teams used to focus on these misleading signs only with free agents or regens at most.

Game feels better after the last small update.
AI on superstar is quite enjoyable until around 80th minute, when they tend to turn into Super Sayans. It anyone else having that problem or is it just me getting tired at the end. 8/10 matches, even when im winning and dominating, last 10 minutes Im loosing few goals and the match as a result.
Either there is something fishy going on, or my subconscious is expecting few goals from AI and I panic.
Ps. Newest cracker

Game feels better after the last small update.
AI on superstar is quite enjoyable until around 80th minute, when they tend to turn into Super Sayans. It anyone else having that problem or is it just me getting tired at the end. 8/10 matches, even when im winning and dominating, last 10 minutes Im loosing few goals and the match as a result.
Either there is something fishy going on, or my subconscious is expecting few goals from AI and I panic.
Ps. Newest cracker
I usually try to milk the clock,make subs,change tactics,and try to keep as much possession as possible.
Sounds easy,but when you're on the ropes it's tough.
But try to change it up a bit,and go full defense.
We all know stops every other 30 sec makes them get out of rhythm.
Plus,take as many free kcks as possible,as long as it's not shooting chances,I'm no stranger to play dirty in this game,the worst that happens is a yellow card

This shit has to go asap.

When the cpu is actively hindering your players, or overriding your inputs. It's abundant online & offline.

It's not glitches. This crap is programmed into the game, amongst countless other things of the same nature.
What gets me is that scripting or momentum or whatever, surely it's a lot harder to programme this behaviour rather than let someones skill carry them through a game.

This has been my growing feeling over the last couple of years. They put so much programming effort into hindering your team - it's such a negative approach to take and it makes playing it a horrible and anger inducing experience rather than a fun challenge. Imagine if they put that same amount of effort instead into programming a superior AI that can present a realistic challenge without having to resort to a sack full of cheats.

When the cpu is losing, the Konami approach to make them fight back is to effectively give the cpu team a huge boost so that everything they do is perfect and at 99 speed, completely over-riding what the player stats and stamina guage suggest they should be able to do. At the same time, it makes your guys play like they're on Beginner AI level. They basically tilt the gravitational pull of every element of the game in favour of the cpu. But this has always been the PES way.

Wouldn't it be nice if they put their efforts into writing an AI that would attempt to come back by legitmate means such as intelligent and appropriate altering of tactics and formations, pushing more men forward into the box, making attacking substutions, targeting weak areas in your team, but still play to their stats.

I'd resorted to playing Fixed Cursor over the past couple of years because I'd become so tired of the constant battle with the controller. With Fixed Cursor, you're AI team-mates weren't nearly as handicapped as when you controlled them so it was actually fun to play as player-manager. Unfortunately, with PES2019, they've made your AI team-mates so shit in Fixed Cursor mode that it is unplayable - your team-mates are basically a bunch of retards that refuse to shoot when clean through, refuse to tackle the cpu, refuse to collect loose balls that roll right by their foot, refuse to make obvious passes or jump for headers, and your goalkeeper may as well not be on the pitch as they save virtually nothing. Yet the opposition AI of course are not ever afflicted in this way - they play this perfect ping-pong laser guided, high-speed drivel, no matter their stats. Just more Konami cheap, cheaty rubbish designed to hinder your team as a substitute for a hard but genuinely intelligent and fair AI. Such a negative approach to AI programming - it's little wonder that it's not evolved at all in over 10 years.

I’m glad I bought this digital because I go back to it for a quick game here and there.

I put the speed down to -1 and the game feels much more weighty, ball feels heavier too.

I have such a love/hate relationship with PES 2019. It does some things so...SO well.

After a frustrating couple of hours with FIFA trying to get the ball to act like PES I then had a great couple of Italian games on PES..hardly any low crosses (1 goal but it was my fault and left a massive space) I had two direct free kicks one just wide and one clipped the crossbar ..i lost 3-0 in the end bit could if easily been 2-2 ..really exciting game ...and it looks stunning in HDR

How you can see TS of team you play against bro?

Needed to go down to professional for a game.
CPU were scoring on pretty every low cross.
If I had 10 shots on goal and they two,both were goals
But I had an ok game on professional,only downside is that it's way to easy,even on manual.
They really need to fix this game and make it playable for real

Back
Top Bottom