PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I finally sold my PES 2019 today and bought the other game. I really hope they will fix the Pes gameplay, so maybe I will buy it again on Christmas sale.

Things that bothers me the most is the price of the game. I have a feeling that offline players are used for testing purposes and then when they fix the game, they will release Pes 2019 lite.

It looks that only those who want to play offline have to pay for the game. And offline modes are broken. Leagues are boring, as you can't be relegated from 95% leagues, ML is the same like previous year.

I love playing custom leagues and cups, but even custom cup is limited. I would like to create 4 tier league and cup, or nba style cup with 4 groups of 16 teams with first 8 from each group goes to ko stage. But I can't do that, because you can only use 4 teams in the group and only 32 teams in the cup.

For that reason I miss Pes 6.

Like I said, I hope they will fix the AI, and do something with ML.

I’m in the same boat, il gladly re buy pes IF I hear that the AI superstar players are performing dribbles/constant forward runs with the ball, if that happens as well as all the other problemetic areas are fixed as well will be looking forward to it again, till then I have zero interest, what is embarrassing they say we are all about focusing on gameplay which is why other modes have taken a back foot and they can’t get that fkn right, anyways they have lost me as fan till they get the above i mentioned right as a minimum.

I do agree with you both on the offline issues. However , after playing the other game, I realized just how much more realistic and light years ahead is this PES 2019 gameplay. The other game is a cheap imitation and nothing else. Very empty and souless. It should never be compared to this masterpiece of a game that is PES .

It saddens me to see that many of you desperate to get konami to listen, have wondered off to play that false representation of a futbol game.

Like the prodigal son, I hope you all return after konami fixes most of the offline issues.

We'll be waiting.

Pes has better mechanic of simulating the feel of football player dribbling, etc. It is hard to move to the other game because of this.. and the improved turf texture too.. especially in pc version where we could take it further :BYE:. Hope end of october patch address issues we all are aware of.

Yes, but pes only have gameplay. It is cool playing with your mates in the same room, drinking beer and having fun. But fun stops there. There is no content to play.

Online is crap, I am punished because my internet connection is better than other guy? Wtf with that.

I don't want to be negative, but other game is a full game, full of content. Fast menues, fast connection, lots of offline mods, real career mode. I am tired of paying the same stuff every year with this superior gameplay story. Ffs I don't have anyone to play this game anymore. All my mates stops few years ago. Apparently it is end for me too, it was a great ride, back from PES 3

I do agree with you both on the offline issues. However , after playing the other game, I realized just how much more realistic and light years ahead is this PES 2019 gameplay. The other game is a cheap imitation and nothing else. Very empty and souless. It should never be compared to this masterpiece of a game that is PES .

As Thespeedster84 said, PES clearly still has the better feel, the lovely smooth player handling and physics, but I disagree with your comments. I don't particularly like the feel of FIFA (still has that clunky feel) but there's a huge amount of detail in the FIFA gameplay compared with PES. The variation in deflections, ricochets, mis-controls, mis-kicks, good and bad touches, very fallible AI, physicality, variety of shots, including all sorts of mis-hit shots, etc are all superior to that in PES, which now feels about 10 years out of date.

All PES has is that lovely feel (and it still draws me back) - but take that away and there's virtually nothing - it's a pathetic package for a franchise that's been "developing" for 25 years. The one thing FIFA lacks is that lovely natural feel, add that and it's footballing heaven.

It saddens me to see that many of you desperate to get konami to listen, have wondered off to play that false representation of a futbol game.

Like the prodigal son, I hope you all return after konami fixes most of the offline issues.

We'll be waiting.
really good post! I agree with you, no matter what pes had it's magic and this years game do that by far better than previous years. I bought fifa also to enjoy other stuff that I can't with pes and vice versa. If Konami really fix this issues with ai we will have two great games no matter what reviews say, anyone who played pes 2019 know how good this game is. I said many times before, pes 2019 is so close to be perfect game on the pitch and in the same time very far from that becouse of ai issues. Hope end of October bring fixes we need but really they should take care of this stuff before release becouse it's game breaker not a bug. They never learn from their mistakes

Very promising news with the patch, however i notice they say AI issues will be fixed with a data pack rather than a patch, does this mean they will be tweaking team tactics and styles to fix the AI issues rather than fixing the code? I can't decide whether there are too many other issues deep rooted within the game that would stop me buying this even if they improved the AI. But it was AI and Master League issues that stopped me buying this game, and they made a half arsed attempt to fix the latter, if they do the same with the gameplay i may well be persuaded to pick it up, lets face it the game will probably be £20 in a months time anyway

We are stepping into off topic with the other game.
Let me just say, that a lot of our feelings come from the fact that we grew up on Pes. Initial shock is huge for some when they try the other one.

Its weird when it comes to these two.
We have to adjust our mindset when switching. Both ways.

With Pes we have gameplay out of the box but we have to work on everything else. Edit teams, edit leagues.. we are spending a lot of time outside of the pitch and when we are ready, the pitch is waiting with rewarding gameplay (mostly)

The other game has everything out of the box, apart of gameplay. We also have to spend time on editing. But editing gameplay. Sliders are beautiful thing. If you spend enough time on testing, you can adjust the gameplay to surprisingly rewarding experience.
And you have to give it time. There is a lot of hidden controls and I dare to say, that you can do more there, than in Pes. There is a lot of different ways to pass, shoot, dribble. It can be a very rewarding football simulation if you give enough time to learn it. But you shouldnt dismiss it just coz it doesnt feel like Pes out of the box.

I wish Pes had sliders. Imagine how good this game could be if we could adjust things like injury frequency, pass error, first touch error or shoot error...

Both of them are different and both require our input to make them rewarding. But we need to work on different aspects in each of them.
I feel sorry for people who dismiss one just coz when they hit play, it doesnt feel like the other one.
Sorry for slight off topic.

We are stepping into off topic with the other game.
Let me just say, that a lot of our feelings come from the fact that we grew up on Pes. Initial shock is huge for some when they try the other one.

Its weird when it comes to these two.
We have to adjust our mindset when switching. Both ways.

With Pes we have gameplay out of the box but we have to work on everything else. Edit teams, edit leagues.. we are spending a lot of time outside of the pitch and when we are ready, the pitch is waiting with rewarding gameplay (mostly)

The other game has everything out of the box, apart of gameplay. We also have to spend time on editing. But editing gameplay. Sliders are beautiful thing. If you spend enough time on testing, you can adjust the gameplay to surprisingly rewarding experience.
And you have to give it time. There is a lot of hidden controls and I dare to say, that you can do more there, than in Pes. There is a lot of different ways to pass, shoot, dribble. It can be a very rewarding football simulation if you give enough time to learn it. But you shouldnt dismiss it just coz it doesnt feel like Pes out of the box.

I wish Pes had sliders. Imagine how good this game could be if we could adjust things like injury frequency, pass error, first touch error or shoot error...

Both of them are different and both require our input to make them rewarding. But we need to work on different aspects in each of them.
I feel sorry for people who dismiss one just coz when they hit play, it doesnt feel like the other one.
Sorry for slight off topic.

I can only concur.

When PES clicks it feels like football should feel in an abstract sense.

When FIFA clicks it feels like actually watching EPL/Bundesliga/La Liga.

It's a different feeling that is generated by playing matches in these games. It really just depends on what you're looking for - aside from content etc.

I'm having lot's of fun with this game Online, there, I said it. The individuality in teams like Napoli, mon dieu it's good!
As me. Online is good as well. Napoli individuality looks superb. I played awesome match online. My City lost 3:1 against Napoli. My opponent play very skill match and show me how to play.

Last edited:
So it’s getting better...
meanwhile... I’m having fun with the competitor! ;)

This year, and I don’t like to say that, it’s a tough choice!!
Aha! That's why I haven't seen you in this thread lately!
Even your sig changed.
Good for you man!:)

I'm open minded and I tried FIFA 18 but just not for me. Before that, I've tried FIFA 15.
I'm in love with competitor's graphics, animation, replays, audio, presentation and celebrations.
That game looks so good to me, it hurt sometimes.... But I just can't feel a connection with the gameplay.

I'm not really a "football guy".
Winning Eleven 7 made me appreciate "football". I'm a PES gamer first before I became a football fan.
I've played FIFA a few times before I got my first PES, but FIFA didn't make me appreciate football.
:DD

Apart from the people I've inflicted it on at my house, I've met one person in my whole life that has played PES, it's a bit strange innit

Asked my 16 year old son who plays both games if any of his friends have tried PES. His reply "none of them have even heard of the game!" :SHOCK:

I'm playing as Milan on my ML
Even though I break down every third game because the cpu plays shit,there's something that I just quit with this game.

Controlling Calhanuglu,and shooting with him,or place little passes in to the box or pin point 40 m crosses with him,Its really amazing.
I don't think I've had this much freedom in any game before.
Yeah AI weird and bad at times,but it makes up for all those issues when you get those wow moments on the ball, especially in manual.
Not putting any PA guy down,but the difference is so big,and rewarding.
So bring on the Oct patch

MyClub is pretty fun provided if you don't take the W/L seriously. Unlike FIFA you don't need to spend real money to get the most out of the mode. They are giving free GP and pretty cool rewards daily. I wish there are more people playing on PC though

is there any word yet, or rather any hint towards at least an announcement of when we could possibly get upgraded kits, transfers and the 3 announced stadiums(celtic, rangers, monaco)?

Still have some amazing games now and then
My 1-0 loss away to Bologna in the 91 at minute was one of those.
I dominated ball possession 65-35 and were parked in their half all game long,but they were impossible to break down.
Blocking shots,heading away crosses being close to my danger men all game long.
Got beaten when being to high up and a long ball through the middle broke me.

First time in a long time I was smiling after a loss.
Wish every game was like this.
Parked firmly in 15th place after 6 games.

Still have some amazing games now and then
Yeah, me too. But had to switch back to pass assistance until they patch the game. Playing on manual is really exhausting for me.. And when i loose at the end from a low cross I just want to scream.
So I went PA1 but bumped it up to Superstar. As a result I have crazy intense matches and Im able to create some openings. Loosing a lot, but win on Superstar is so damn rewarding..
Once they fix it, it will be one of the best football games..ever.
On the ball it just feels amazing..

Yeah, me too. But had to switch back to pass assistance until they patch the game. Playing on manual is really exhausting for me.. And when i loose at the end from a low cross I just want to scream.
So I went PA1 but bumped it up to Superstar. As a result I have crazy intense matches and Im able to create some openings. Loosing a lot, but win on Superstar is so damn rewarding..
Once they fix it, it will be one of the best football games..ever.
On the ball it just feels amazing..
Sounds amazing mate,I got beaten left and right at the begining until I started using aggressive frontline pressure +gegenpress,my players are more alert that way

You can feel instantly if the game is good or not,if it's bad,I turn off,restart with different settings,from day fine weather to rain,usually plays different when switching.

Can't wait for a update though.
My manual passing feels just right in this game now that I'm having an ok TS.
Hope you get plenty more great games

Defending is exhausting in this game,I've learned to just be around attackers,ready to tackle etc,but if you start chasing them with the speed button,you're done,they start to ping and score quite easily

Back
Top Bottom