PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Pes 2018 after patches was much better. I quess the same situation with Pes 2019. What is good that Konami not destroy game after the patches but improved gameplay opposite than EA which after the patches game are worst much worst. We will see what happen on the 2 months.

I've always wondered and this is a great place to ask.

PES seems hugely popular in other countries, but not so much here (in the US) and in UK (where I'm from.) Why is this? PES players always seem to be from Asia and Latin America, countries like Brazil etc.

Yet in UK and US, FIFA outsells it massively.

Is it marketed more aggressively over in them countries?

PES seems hugely popular in other countries, but not so much here (in the US) and in the UK. Why is this? PES players always seem to be far flung corners of the earth (or in this case Brazil etc). Is it marketed more aggressively over in them countries?

Where is popular? In Tailand,Japan and Brasil? In Europe this game is dead.

PES seems hugely popular in other countries, but not so much here (in the US) and in the UK. Why is this? PES players always seem to be far flung corners of the earth (or in this case Brazil etc). Is it marketed more aggressively over in them countries?

I find that here in Canada and the US that PES players today are the ones that have picked it up during the Winning Eleven 9 era and just stuck with it. Little to no marketing of PES over here.

No it's not.....I spent a lot of money on the game and it was full of bugs yet again. And the lack of communcation and Asim BLOCKING me when I was perfectly polite is enough to annoy people.

How can people still make excuses for this company and the PES team?

How is it acceptable that maybe by October the game will be fixed? Because I say MAYBE....they will fix one thing and break something else.

Konami need all the bad press and negativity that comes their way.....you dont treat loyal customers like this

October is what, 3 months from release?

I take it you play Football Manager? Comes out what November? Final patch normally drops March and still to this day has game breaking bugs in the match engine, transfer system... everything.

You can write a list of games that get support from release onwards and upwards of 1 year of its life cycle.

No one is saying that Konami shouldnt get criticism, but what they are doing is fixing problems and that is all you can ask.

Would I want the game to be perfect on release? Of course, BUT if its not, then the best I can hope for is the developers to listen, communicate and then put in a fix.

Konami should just revert back to an annual October release for PES. Finish the game instead of using your fans as beta testers for 2 months.

The August release was supposed to pinch a few extra sales before the other game came out but it's done the opposite. It was rushed & untested which in turn has led to a huge backlash, fewer sales & people giving up on the game before it's fixed.

PES seems hugely popular in other countries, but not so much here (in the US) and in UK (where I'm from.) Why is this? PES players always seem to be from Asia and Latin America, countries like Brazil etc.

US,UK,Germany,Spain. Here you have answer why EA has exclusivity because in this coutries they sell milions copies. They know it and dont’ want give chance another company like Konami. They are smart.

Last edited:
Konami should just revert back to an annual October release for PES. Finish the game instead of using your fans as beta testers for 2 months.
I don't think they would consider our complaints as issues over in Japan. I don't think they really see the AI as an issue, really - it's more a case of "a lot of people are saying this, so we have to do this".

Otherwise, issues like the transfer thing wouldn't happen year after year. Clearly they don't notice it.

The August release was supposed to pinch a few extra sales before the other game came out but it's done the opposite. It was rushed & untested which in turn has led to a huge backlash, fewer sales & people giving up on the game before it's fixed.

Granted its annoying, but if Konami need those extra sales to keep the game alive, do you care?

Would you rather PES die and be left with FIFA?

There is no excuse for any game to be released with issues, but the fact is they will always do so. All we can hope for is that the company listen out for problems, communicate that they understand and want to fix them and then hopefully fix them.

Go back over this thread, people moan that there are problems and that nothing will get done.... then its, they dont communicate we report it but nothing happens... then Konami communicate and eventually fix the ML bug.... thats not good enough and the AI should have been fixed they are ignoring us.... Konami communicate that they are looking to push a fix with their DLC.... it wont be fixed people say, October isnt good enough...

I guarantee no matter what the fix there will be posts hammering that something isnt exactly as they demand.

Corruption

yeh, happens worldwide but some places is more covert and some places an just a part of daily life.

[aargh. my last post was meant to be my last post here. what have you done?!]

Encouraging to hear they will patch some of the AI (keepers hopefully). They patched '18 much later and knowing Konami I thought they wouldnt even touch '19 at all. I really hope the game improves as last year it did. The thing is I think the game is very close to being an amazing game gameplay-wise. I hope they dont break something in the process.

I hated '18, now I've been enjoying '19 very much. C'mon Konami, don't screw this up

Apart from the people I've inflicted it on at my house, I've met one person in my whole life that has played PES, it's a bit strange innit

We're still looking for PS4 players to play in our full manual team that will be competing in the largest full manual 10v10 League community. Pesfm.org ,we already have some great players.
We try to train together whenever we can against other teams from the league between the times of 20:00 and 23:00 British standard time

If interested please contact me on here,twitter @dillinjadale ,
Or psn Dillinjadale.thanks...
PES is bland online though, always has been always will be. Again, what is the point in just playing match after match with nothing to work towards?

I have always been a master league/career mode player. I like starting with a small club and building them into a powerhouse.

I don't want to play Online Divisions matches against people who choose FC Barcelona every single match to get their Messi fix and because they hate losing.
PES is bland online though, always has been always will be. Again, what is the point in just playing match after match with nothing to work towards?

I have always been a master league/career mode player. I like starting with a small club and building them into a powerhouse.

I don't want to play Online Divisions matches against people who choose FC Barcelona every single match to get their Messi fix and because they hate losing.
This is the reason why I keep posting on here, I nearly gave up on pes altogether and then I heard about a 10v10 full manual online league,so thought what have I got to loose and signed up,within hours I got an invite to try out for a team and straight away I could feel the freedom in everything I was doing on the pitch,I soon forgot about all the annoying irregularities that plague this game in ML and also playing this game on any of the pass supports and basic shooting.
Because everyone is using full manual you soon realise you can't just rush your football.you have to actually think about your next pass and practice your shooting because it really is unforgiving but so rewarding when you pull it off.and isn't that what everyone is wanting out of this game "realism" and honestly you won't get any closer to playing a true sim football game than playing in a full manual league against other full manual players.
That's why we're looking for players to play in our team,to compete in this league.

It's hard to play any other modern Pes game despite a one dimensional AI,even though klashmans tactics has made the game better right now.
15-16-17-18 feels so rigid and on rails.
Yes I know it's AI issues,but when on the ball you'll feel completely free,that's why I can't play any other modern Pes game,and I'm stuck with this and really hope it's patched properly.

Don't care if the transactions and prices are correct,it's all a fantasy league anyway.
So fingers crossed for a patch that's really good.
Need to have a good football game (on the pitch) this year,last year was horrible (for both games) even though patches made Pes 18 "ok",I still consider a football game without freekicks and fouls game breaking for me.

Having grown up in South America, I can tell you PES 10-15 years ago was pretty much the biggest there. But with the improvements in FIFA gameplay + internet (FUT and online matches) being more easily accessible and affordable, FIFA is now I would say more popular. In terms of advertisements, PES is still advertised much more there than in the US (example Falcao and Liga Aguila posters in the shops)

Im playing PES 2018. Only have Fifa 12 on PS3 that actually its not mine and 11 on PC that I was hyped by the first next gen fifa on PC. Played a lot PES 6 with patches.

So it’s getting better...
meanwhile... I’m having fun with the competitor! ;)

This year, and I don’t like to say that, it’s a tough choice!!

Same opinion here. The other game have done a good job and they go in the right direction and thats good to see. I mean when i put in the pes disc and play it after a couple of hour fifa then i even know that pes plays smoother and feel more like football but the whole package its now a good thing to play.

Same opinion here. The other game have done a good job and they go in the right direction and thats good to see. I mean when i put in the pes disc and play it after a couple of hour fifa then i even know that pes plays smoother and feel more like football but the whole package its now a good thing to play.
I know and I’m with you. Thing is: i just can’t stand that freaking repetitive AI!! That’s my main gripe. If that changes, I give it another try. Meanwhile... you know where to find me. ;)

Restarted my ML yesterday (because of transfer bug)
Man it's hard this year when on a low TS,I started at 66 for a 3-5-2 setup and 69 with a 4-4-2,and I've grinded out two draws and a loss Vs middle/bottom teams.

Since I'm so coded to defend the wings,3/5 goals have been through balls down the middle,go figure?

Last edited:
effing finally!

Dear lord...could Konami have chosen a worse moment for this announcement? FIFA was released today, anything related to PES is completely lost in the storm of hype and buzz FIFA 19 is generating.
They really should have made this announcement a week ago to prevent people from jumping ship.

I, too, bought FIFA today after giving up on PES 2019.

Alas, at least they are going to do something about it, still doesn't excuse that the game was released in such a state though.

It is not just about the game being released with unfinished offline ai etc. It was the way they went about doing it using some very underhand tactics. Not a good move from Konami/Pes team and their hangers-on.

Check out this snip-it of amazing 3v3 action.

Great build play.
Precise player control.
Total freedom for creativity.
Fantastic refereeing.
Zero scripting.
All finished off with the most perfectly timed 'dive'.
This is the best Pes EVER!!!

Apologies, must've been reading too many of those Officialpes twitter posts over the last few pages.

What I meant to say was:

3v1 dude with 2 COM.

Shite on-rails, super assisted, cluster fucked build up play.
Cpu intervening with everything you try to do. It's out of control atm imo.
Zero freedom.
Refs - I have no words tbh.
This is one of the worst online experiences to be had - and this was a smooth connection too. Shambles.

I just got an injury to Coutinho in a match, after a bad tackle by N'Zonzi in the first quarter of the match, for the first time in how don't know how long in MyClub.
Is this due to the patch that just came out?
slllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom