PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I also hope they tweak headers and crossing. It’s not very fun, there aren’t any 50/50 challenges near box, it always goes where the AI wants, and when it doesn’t, the headers are still weak. PES 2014 was great in terms of ball physics (crossing, passing and shooting) looked and played really nice.

Master League is fine for what it does.
How is the Master League 'fine'?

I went back and played this again earlier after FIFA. This game still plays a better game of football in a lot of areas.

BUT I just can't see me playing Master League all year round, compared to FIFA's Career Mode it just feels so lacking. I am glad they're fixing the AI because it gives me hope...like @rockstrongo I will start a Serie A save because thats where this game shines. But will probably wait for the update.

How is the Master League 'fine'?

I went back and played this again earlier after FIFA. This game still plays a better game of football in a lot of areas.

BUT I just can't see me playing Master League all year round, compared to FIFA's Career Mode it just feels so lacking. I am glad they're fixing the AI because it gives me hope...like @rockstrongo I will start a Serie A save because thats where this game shines. But will probably wait for the update.

It is for what it is.

You are never going to get FM levels of detail in a game like this, even FIFAs mode lacks in many areas.

Master League lets you do the basic management stuff, sign and sell players, train, tactics, have a mini world of leagues all active, little bits like team of the month... stat tracking, some financial aspects. Of course its basic, but thats all these modes are. FIFAs is no better, it looks fancy, but at the end of the day, they are shallow in real terms and essentially it boils down to your imagination to get the most from it.

If you go into Master League comparing it to what it hasnt got, or just thinking its crap from the off, then you will never enjoy it. You have to enjoy it for what it is. It was shit in the PES glory years but thats still the holy grail of life for some on here.

It is for what it is.

You are never going to get FM levels of detail in a game like this, even FIFAs mode lacks in many areas.

Master League lets you do the basic management stuff, sign and sell players, train, tactics, have a mini world of leagues all active, little bits like team of the month... stat tracking, some financial aspects. Of course its basic, but thats all these modes are. FIFAs is no better, it looks fancy, but at the end of the day, they are shallow in real terms and essentially it boils down to your imagination to get the most from it.

If you go into Master League comparing it to what it hasnt got, or just thinking its crap from the off, then you will never enjoy it. You have to enjoy it for what it is. It was shit in the PES glory years but thats still the holy grail of life for some on here.
I have to agree with @Mikhail there.
I dont need ML to be FM, but its way too basic..

Id like to see friendly matches, not some ICC cup, where second divisions team meets PSG, Milan and Boca Juniors.
Id like to see young players being mostly from the country that you play in.
Id like to see D2 in every league..
Id like to see a lot of small stadiums since they have so many "smaller" leagues now.
There is a lot of little things that they could add. Especially that some of those things they already had in the past.

Id like to keep it simple, but not that simple..

Did yo notice that Adam commented on twitter only after the officialpes account gave the update about the AI fixes?

He is definitely not allowed to comment or (give hints as he did in the past) before the team officially tells him so. It's quite easy to understand he is there just to read and collect and never respond to the questions we make him.

To me it's honestly better like this since when he had much more freedom to answer he made lots of disaster blocking people, being rude to fans, acting like a child.

FIFAs is no better, it looks fancy, but at the end of the day, they are shallow in real terms and essentially it boils down to your imagination to get the most from it.

That is indeed true. People playing Fifa are complaining the mode is essentially the same since years, with some Champions League cutscenes added.

The real difference this year seems that it's more fun to play against AI in Fifa than in Pes, something that i would have never predicted. Konami managed to destroy even one of this strongest points.

Yeah ML has become quite stale due to lack of changes but is still helping me get what I can out of this game. Maybe because I skipped it entirely last year it seems alright to me now.

Last edited:
I think ML has become even more basic and boring (layout mainly) with Pes 18&19.
I prefer the layout they had on 17.

Things needed,and I don't know why the don't implement them.

When a player scores,I want to know how many he has scored this season.
"Players to watch" screens before kickoff.
Transfers and rumours before kick off.
How hard is that to implement?

Players taken off the pitch when injured
League tables before kickoff.
Konami has had pretty much the same match day "experience" since day one.

I mean in other konami games,like MGS they are very good at telling stories,but not here.
Why?

Do you guys use fluid formation? I'm thinking of playing with 3 at the back switching to 5 without the ball. Or perhaps it is better to turn on Wingback instruction instead?

Isn't there a FIFA vs PES- thread already...?
Did yo notice that Adam commented on twitter only after the officialpes account gave the update about the AI fixes?

He is definitely not allowed to comment or (give hints as he did in the past) before the team officially tells him so. It's quite easy to understand he is there just to read and collect and never respond to the questions we make him.

To me it's honestly better like this since when he had much more freedom to answer he made lots of disaster blocking people, being rude to fans, acting like a child.

That is indeed true. People playing Fifa are complaining the mode is essentially the same since years, with some Champions League cutscenes added.

The real difference this year seems that it's more fun to play against AI in Fifa than in Pes, something that i would have never predicted. Konami managed to destroy even one of this strongest points.

Maybe with offline you have right that Fifa is better this year but online Pes 2019 is different story. Its very good with people who want play football in particular Seria A teams.

Do you guys use fluid formation? I'm thinking of playing with 3 at the back switching to 5 without the ball. Or perhaps it is better to turn on Wingback instruction instead?
I play 3-5-2 with Milan,not using wing backs though.
Then off the ball my lmf becomes Lb and one of my CB becomes RB to make a 4-4-2.
I don't want to play a 5-3-2 because I want to use the wings when recovering the ball,plus it's tough finding wingers that are good both defensively and up front.
Have a look at klashmans tactics in tactics thread and you'll find a great tactics setup

Yeah ML is fine

But after you see

City sell De Bruyne for 46M €

Players changing 3 teams in 2 years at the same price

I tested ML just with results

Goretzka left Bayern and goes at Real Madrid for 25M € and then in 2019 he left Real and goes to Juve at the same price

Draxler left Psg and goes to Atletico for 31M € and in 2019 left Atletico to join Juventus for 32 M €

Players money value is broken

And if you want to get the players you shall pay the release clause,when for 90% of players that doesn't exists in reality...i meaning just in Spain and a few more players around Europe

A Players with 87 Overall and 34-35 years old get more value than a young player with 83 younger and with great potential

So how you can say that ML is fine?

I feel very sorry for PES. I can't see how they can go another year with the same platform, same engine, same everything.
They need a change as soon as possible and start over, trying to take only the best bits from the current game and start over.

I don't know whether the rumors about them working on an exclusive engine for PES for 2021 are true or not, they never confirmed it, but I hope they are true. In fact, I hope they are so far in its development that they maybe PES 2020 could see this change come to light. Otherwise I don't know how they can push it for 2 more years.

I feel very sorry for PES. I can't see how they can go another year with the same platform, same engine, same everything.
They need a change as soon as possible and start over, trying to take only the best bits from the current game and start over.

I don't know whether the rumors about them working on an exclusive engine for PES for 2021 are true or not, they never confirmed it, but I hope they are true. In fact, I hope they are so far in its development that they maybe PES 2020 could see this change come to light. Otherwise I don't know how they can push it for 2 more years.
New engine? Are you kidding? Graphics looks superb, animations and collision fluid as well. Faces scaning superb. Lighting the best in sports games. They don’t need new engine in this moment. They need use this engine much better. Imagine this engine with proper AI and atmosphere, commentary,chants supporters and whole licenses like in FIFA 19.

How many times we said Pes was dead? In 2010 when Fifa exploded with FUT people declared Pes to die in a couple of years. Ten years later we are still here and the game even sold something around 5 mln copies last year. It's far, far, far from dead, even if this year it sells just a couple of millions copies. Also based on how much they spend in development and license they know what they have to do to keep it alive and how much they can do to keep their cash cow (Myclub) alive together with Pes.

The problem is not is Pes will still be around or not, the problem is if Pes will still be the unfinished game that is now since years.

Anyway, they are adopting Unreal Engine 4 for Pes 2019 mobile and some say that Pes on next gen consoles will use Unreal Engine too. I don't know if it's true but there is this rumour.

Also, they are hiring for several new positions into the Pes team since May, so they definitely have plans to keep the series going for a while.

Let's not feel sorry for Pes because everything will happen they had lots of time to adapt and take decisions. The time when Pes ceases to be sold is the time i won't be interested in football games anymore expect the random Fifa once every few years.

Yeah ML is fine

But after you see

City sell De Bruyne for 46M €

Players changing 3 teams in 2 years at the same price

I tested ML just with results

Goretzka left Bayern and goes at Real Madrid for 25M € and then in 2019 he left Real and goes to Juve at the same price

Draxler left Psg and goes to Atletico for 31M € and in 2019 left Atletico to join Juventus for 32 M €

Players money value is broken

And if you want to get the players you shall pay the release clause,when for 90% of players that doesn't exists in reality...i meaning just in Spain and a few more players around Europe

A Players with 87 Overall and 34-35 years old get more value than a young player with 83 younger and with great potential

So how you can say that ML is fine?

It does a job, its not perfect but it replicates its own little world fine.

You can pick out examples of that from FIFA, Football Manager... any management sim ever made of transfers and finances not being 'realistic' and thats where you have to use your imagination.

League games Vs EL/CL games in master league is so much better,I find euro games unplayable and I've started to sim the lot.
Playing a shitty 65 ovr Scottish team and get tiki takad out with 3-0 and them having a super defence while my strikers are acting like a bunch of "special needs" guys in slippers is unbearable.

Wonder what breaks first,the disc,my controller or my mind!

New engine? Are you kidding? Graphics looks superb, animations and collision fluid as well. Faces scaning superb. Lighting the best in sports games. They don’t need new engine in this moment. They need use this engine much better. Imagine this engine with proper AI and atmosphere, commentary,chants supporters and whole licenses like in FIFA 19.

Yep couldnt agree more. For me, when u look at all the POSITIVE advancements ( most of what u mentioned here) made this year, its unquestionably the best pes to date. For me the advancements (konami did listen and progress many major talked about issues like fouls, player models/shorts, stadiums n lighting etc from previous yrs) demonstrates they do have pride in their product and willing to listen and further improve. Why would konami start from scratch (unless they can replicate what they currently already have with a superior more efficient engine) when they have an awesome core atm...for me they need to focus on ai n variations in animations tactics n errors. Oh..n communication with its fans. And weve also seen a slight improvement in this.

Last edited:
League games Vs EL/CL games in master league is so much better,I find euro games unplayable and I've started to sim the lot.
Playing a shitty 65 ovr Scottish team and get tiki takad out with 3-0 and them having a super defence while my strikers are acting like a bunch of "special needs" guys in slippers is unbearable.

Wonder what breaks first,the disc,my controller or my mind!

This shit has to go asap.

When the cpu is actively hindering your players, or overriding your inputs. It's abundant online & offline.
Three of the biggest issues with this right now imo are:
1. The cpu turning your receiver into an oncoming tackler. Far too many times I'm seeing my controller input ignored and overridden, so instead of turning away from danger my player turns straight into. Result: I get tackled before the receive pass animation even finishes.
Input control override also includes passing & shooting. eg. fully charged up shoot results in weak side foot attempt, or a fully charged cross that travels 10m, or a tap on the pass button that sends the ball past 2 player 90 degrees from were you aimed.
My worst & most blatant example of this was when my CB jumped out of the line to intercept a thruball, I held the stick so he'd keep moving up the pitch. The striker had bombed on, 15m in behind my defence. My input was ignored and my CB turned 180 while intercepting the ball, and sprinted straight into the striker. I was unable to control anything.
2. Fighting your own players movement. Forget my opponent in some matches, I have to fight tooth and nail with my own guys just to have them do the simple things, like track a run, or stop charging out and leaving gaps.
3. When the AI doesn't know where the ball is. Balls bouncing off faces instead of heading the thing. Passes bouncing off shins. Defenders just standing still in a hypnotic trance like state with no clue what's going on around them.

It's not glitches. This crap is programmed into the game, amongst countless other things of the same nature.
What gets me is that scripting or momentum or whatever, surely it's a lot harder to programme this behaviour rather than let someones skill carry them through a game.
If I've got a 1-0 lead with 30mins to go, whether against the AI, or a guy online who start piling on the pressure why does there have to be a 3rd party influencing the outcome? If I can't hold my nerve or my opponent's not good enough, is that not a reasonable skill gap to hope for?

My PS4 makes noise like a VaccumCleaner when I play this game. Its very quite when I used to play Overwatch, Battelfied 5 beta and Uncharted etc
Is it the same for you guys too?
Bought Dyabala for 37 million just few hours ago. Amazing realism:DOH:

Back
Top Bottom