PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

PC Modding's gonna die as soon as they switch to Unreal Engine. They use Denuvo's DRM which will shut the game down as soon as it detects any changes in the game files. You can enable mods in the engine, but you can't hide from Denuvo and there's no way Konami are gonna release it without Denuvo.

No way man.
Konami know they DEPEND on the Community to keep PES alive on PC. Unless they remove the unlicensed teams from the game and keep a 100% licensed game which is not going to happen
Otherwise, they might as well get rid of the PC version altogether.

Last edited:
Haven't checked in here for a while. For me the game plays great online after the update. Softer pass power (can't just launch cross field long ball missiles whenever u want), more body-to-body fights (actual body strength push-pull situations, not a single collision of 2 objects like before). Shines especially in 10v10 mode. Stamina seems to have more impact as well. Going in the right direction.

Catch-up is still there tho. I can't break free from a defender on a foot race with Mbappe. I think it's a game balancing issue they need to reconsider. I understand they don't want players to just burn pace whenever they have the ball and leave defenders behind, but part of this problem comes from how easy and totally in control the max speed dribbling is in PES. Ball always has an invisible string tied to the feet (what I mean is if you take a big long stride touch, you can let go of the controller, and your player will automatically find the next touch on his own). It'll probably benefit the game to have no catch-up bug, but instead, make high speed dribbling more challenging and stat-based.

Coz honestly it isn't any easier to dribble fast with Mbappe, or just some random fast guy from the lower leagues. They feel the same in open space, until you meet a defender trying to contain you, your stats don't matter one bit.

I'd like to see a dribbling system that requires you to time your touches correctly for each touch, but to some, that might be too much work.

Anyway, to me it feels stupid to dribble in these games, at top speed it's just like driving a car with no errors at all.

No way man.
Konami know they DEPEND on the Community to keep PES alive on PC. Unless they remove the unlicensed teams from the game and keep a 100% licensed game which is not going to happen
Otherwise, they might as well get rid of the PC version altogether.
Yeah, I just checked the 2019 beta for the mobile game which uses Unreal Engine 4. Still has CPKs, so we're safe.

PC Modding's gonna die as soon as they switch to Unreal Engine. They use Denuvo's DRM which will shut the game down as soon as it detects any changes in the game files. You can enable mods in the engine, but you can't hide from Denuvo and there's no way Konami are gonna release it without Denuvo.

They are using denuvo 4.9 now..

That wasn't hyperbole :)

I had some good games on this yesterday though...I'm enjoying both games again at the moment, I've told myself to stop taking it all so seriously and treat it like what it is:- a game.

I think thats good advice.
They are games at the end of the day. If you like them play and enjoy or dont.

Sorry for me being lazy.. What is the state of the game?

Late October is the patch, but people seeing real changes in AI behavior - or?
The low cross seems to be toned down. Is it because we got better in defending and securing them better?
Dont know. But matches are more enjoyable. Especially on Superstar COM seems to play more "humanly".

There is still no dribbling from AI nor there are any long shots. Goalkeepers still tend to stay on the line.

So the game definetely needs patching.
Having said that - it feels somehow more enjoyable now.

Id still wait with ML for the patch tho. We waited that long. Might as well wait another 2/3 weeks.

Legitimate question - has their ever been a football game with decent AI?

Think it's just one of those things that is insanely hard to code. All modern games suffer from this, it was just easier to disguise back when the mechanics were much more limited.
It is hard but the AI in the circle/period 2015-2016-2017 decent or not was much better than 2018 and 2019 obviously,which (19) until now has the worst cpu AI in the ps4era.
The older years except for the limitations it was also fact that most game were developed for offline play and without the DLC add-on possibilities.So the development was better focus and in decent disguise of the cons.
Nowadays there is no need of effort and investment in CPU AI as most games are road to online pvp esports and ranking matches

That wasn't hyperbole :)

I had some good games on this yesterday though...I'm enjoying both games again at the moment, I've told myself to stop taking it all so seriously and treat it like what it is:- a game.

After the patch i had a lot of good games. I wait for new one until the end of october. I have good feeling about it. I see people come back to Pes 2019 after playing FIFA 19 ;)

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me but I've given up on this game until the end of October patch, I've put Master League and everything else on hold. Not sure why it's taking them so long to do the AI fix. In hindsight Konami should've released PES the same time as FIFA...

I really hope the brazilian teams get squad updates in the dlc/patch. Love those teams but they are so outdated atm.

Quick question regarding MyClub.

I haven't spent any money on the mode and have just been grinding G.P & login coins etc since release. Had my 3rd spin (since Thursday) at the collector's box this morning using 25000 GP and unpacked Del Piero.

Have I been extremely lucky here or is is quite standard after 3 spins to unpack a legend?
This is my first year playing the mode so I'm not sure how it all works with the probabilities.

I really hope the brazilian teams get squad updates in the dlc/patch. Love those teams but they are so outdated atm.
I not sure especially after late years issues.The brasileiro update is always a mess with the licensing issues Brazilian teams and players have at the moment.The updates whenever take place only cause troubles with duplicates of players causing situations where the original one with scanned face being in the free agents and his fake duplicate in a “problematic” team etc.Or we have again the Santos issue, where half the roster is missing, licensed or fake.
I know the online players are affected only from official updates but for the offline people it would be better if they don’t update anything in Brazilian clubs the whole year and just let us the community do the updates all season.

I don't want to be rude but you really are obsessed with repeating that online is scripted. I play Online Divisions with manual settings and never feel that it is scripted. But i can't say it doesn't exist, just that I never feel cheated.

Do you have videos etc of scripting?
You are not rude, just deluded

Stop pushing your manual agenda, its not real PES. Niche at best.

Agree @fregen

After the patch online in Pes 2019 looks top notch. Superb balanced and fluid. Love it. I play very exciting matches like in Pes 6. The best online experiance for years. After the launch i played 150 matches on division. I want more......On Pes 6 i played 2000 online matches.

Agree @fregen

After the patch online in Pes 2019 looks top notch. Superb balanced and fluid. Love it. I play very exciting matches like in Pes 6. The best online experiance for years.
When did the patch release? Because last i played online divisions was sunday night and it was still horrendus. Momentum/button lag etc. Firminho speed burst past 3 defenders and held them off same time before scoring in the..............you guessed it 91st minute.

Also does anyone know if offline rosters are up to date yet? Or is live update still required to see summer transfers?

Back
Top Bottom