PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Hey cowboy, nobody got time for this! ;)

If it’s released 25th it’s too late for me. I will be on the back of my horse... :)

Will give it a huuuge try for sure! Fingers crossed it delivers!!
I don't mind waiting a few more weeks as long as it's good.
But knowing Konami, I have lowered my expectations so that I don't get very disappointed.

I don't mind waiting a few more weeks as long as it's good.
But knowing Konami, I have lowered my expectations so that I don't get very disappointed.
yes, same for me! i'm pretty good entertained football wise so far (even if not perfect)... ;)
i dont hang my hopes to high either. if its good, i take it with a huge grin. if its konami style, i dont mind to much (what have i become!? :LOL: )! there is another game and RDR2! ;)

ill keep it anyway as i like to play my mates at home! thats when "the bad stuff" isnt that apparent!

Last edited:
To summarize; I'm gonna score a fudging manual header online tonight! Pray for me!
:LOL:

yes, same for me! i'm pretty good entertained football wise so far (even if not perfect)... ;)
i dont hang my hopes to high either. if its good, i take it. if its konami style, i dont mind to much (what have i become!? :LOL: )! there is another game and RDR2! ;)

ill keep it anyway as i like to play my mates at home! thats when "the bad stuff" isnt that apparent!
I'm not really a gamer, just a PES gamer so I'm sticking with this game. Last game I played was PUBG(20hours) and CSGO(More than 70 hours in 2 weeks:DD) while waiting for the Pes19 demo release. I'm too excited for Pes19's demo release that I need a distraction.
I'm not much of gamer that I'm not even aware of RDR2 if I haven't accidentally watched it on youtube the other day.:DD
I forgot, tried Fifa 19 demo for few games but just not for me.

I'm still having fun with PES19. I'm very aware of the gameplay/AI issues but this game still gives me more joy than any other game I know. Not a Hardcore PES gamer either, I only play exhibition offline and Friendly online. Tried Co-op, damn it was fun but don't have a teammate.
If I haven't switched to Fuma this year, I'm not sure if I'm still be playing this game by now.
Fuma made me still excited to play and improve each game.

Last edited:
:LOL:

I'm not really a gamer, just a PES gamer so I'm sticking with this game. Last game I played was PUBG(20hours) and CSGO(More than 70 hours in 2 weeks:DD) while waiting for the Pes19 demo release. I'm too excited for Pes19's demo release that I need a distraction.
I'm not much of gamer that I'm not even aware of RDR2 if I haven't accidentally watched it on youtube the other day.:DD
I forgot, tried Fifa 19 demo for few games but just not for me.

I'm still having fun with PES19. I'm very aware of the gameplay/AI issues but this game still gives me more joy than any other game I know. Not a Hardcore PES gamer either, I only play exhibition offline and Friendly online. Tried Co-op, damn it was fun but don't have a teammate.
If I haven't switched to Fuma this year, I'm not sure if I'm still be playing this game by now.
Fuma made me still excited to play and improve each game.
im not gaming that much as i used to like 2 years ago. so these days its just my footie fix i need and some outstanding games (like RDR2 or CP2077). when i was on vacation in brazil last year, that trip gave me "the rest"! it was that final kick in the balls i needed to set my private, work and life priorities new! i wanted more from life and i felt playing video games for hours held me back.
so these days i only play some PES and some FIFA and the "exclusive pearls"! :D when i do i dive in deep (when time lets me). not so many different games but the few i play to the fullest!

ps: sometimes i wish i could share my ps4 and stuff for a wife and kids! ;) the grass on the other side of the fence always seems more green! ;) :D

in myclub, i have a team with 98 TS. some good players in between some regular ones. i have a lot of player in my club house! now i want to get a new manager! how do i compare the players that are not in my team right now but in the club, to the new style of play my manager will bring to the club!?
i was keeping all of my players in thinking i might need them later when the new manager arrives. i cant be sure all my good player right now in the team will be the same (TS wise) when the new manager arrives.

how do i manage that situation best!? any help is appreciated! i made screener of the manager available and compared them to my actual manager. but i dont know what the players TS numbers will do when i hire a new one. i dont want to hire 3 or 4 or more managers just to be able to compare.
i hope you get me dilemma. :)

edit: whats up in here on a saturday!? :) not much i guess...
evocfd59.jpg
...just couldnt find anything to say about tattoos! :LOL:

#boredatwork ;)

Last edited:
don`t know why but I keep coming back to play pes. even with it`s flaws it plays better game on the pitch. other game has it`s flaws also, ping pong passing and first time shooting become annoying even on professional level. I hope patch fix at least some stuff from the ai so we can enjoy the game more

Sorry mate, but i think its your own fault and maybe you are not willing to learn it. But than the other game is the best choice for you, because in fifa you can push square anytime without take care of your timing. Its a cool game too for sure. But to say the pes timing thing is bs, show that many people dont want to deal with the complexity of a videogame. Nothing personally mate, but cant let this hanging in the air

PES and complexity doesn’t go well with each other. There is no complexity in crossing, there is clearly a problem with headers, they are weak. Maybe manual is different but I don’t like playing with manual. There is no 50/50 challenge with the AI, sometimes they don’t jump properly or AI is just there all the time, good timing or not. Crossing is just dull. That’s not my problem, there are also times when the box is empty and it still goes wide, either with a kick or a header. I see it with AI too, when they miss clear shots in front of the goal. The game is programmed that way. Also pressing triple circle is worthless. I use triangle or a pass and it’s still more reliable than crossing.

With humans it’s much better, there are errors and it has exciting moments. But AI is just difficult to enjoy.

PES and complexity doesn’t go well with each other. There is no complexity in crossing, there is clearly a problem with headers, they are weak. Maybe manual is different but I don’t like playing with manual. There is no 50/50 challenge with the AI, sometimes they don’t jump properly or AI is just there all the time, good timing or not. Crossing is just dull. That’s not my problem, there are also times when the box is empty and it still goes wide, either with a kick or a header. I see it with AI too, when they miss clear shots in front of the goal. The game is programmed that way. Also pressing triple circle is worthless. I use triangle or a pass and it’s still more reliable than crossing.

With humans it’s much better, there are errors and it has exciting moments. But AI is just difficult to enjoy.

One more time i think there are probably different versions in circulation.

What i understand you play with pass support and your crosses usually never reached your attacking players?
I dont trust this shit, sorry. I can handle my crosses wherever i want to. First post, second post, in the middle of the box, high, low and with spin, without spin. For all these variations you only had to use r2 and l1, circle, double tap circle, triple tap circle, l1 with r2 and circle, l1 with r2 double tap circle, l1 with r2 triple tap circle, r2 circle, r2 double tap circle, r2 triple tap circle, l1 circle, l1 double tap circle, l1 triple tap circle. Ok you are right there is no complexity!

Edit.
Sorry mate i forgot to say i play manual, but it doesn't matter you can use these things even with pass support.

I think online is the future,and not necessarily the way konami and EA wants it.
But the the way we want it.
Should be a small task setting up a online league with rules etc
I've done tournament modes with mates online,great fun.
So rumours has a patch on the 25th then?

Off topic or not,the so called loot boxes(Myclub/FUT/my player/ are getting massive critisism in the US regarding to tons of YouTubers,so much stick that 2k is trying to defend it in statements
With a bit of luck we'll see the end of greedy scams from konami/EA/2k in the future.
Unless people want to pay extra for a game they already paid for...

First post, second post, in the middle of the box, high, low and with spin, without spin. For all these variations you only had to use r2 and l1, circle, double tap circle, triple tap circle, l1 with r2 and circle, l1 with r2 double tap circle, l1 with r2 triple tap circle, r2 circle, r2 double tap circle, r2 triple tap circle, l1 circle, l1 double tap circle, l1 triple tap circle.

Just curious, what does l1+r2 do to a cross? I'm puzzled as I would think they'd cancel each other out - one being a straight/hard high pass and the other being a soft and tall pass.

Also a question for people using advanced shooting: any tips on how to do a hard and high shot? For me most high shots are soft and "baloony", but so far I've mostly used a Danish middle tier team so maybe it's just my crappy players?

Last edited:
Just curious, what does l1 and r2 do to a cross? I'm puzzled as I would think that they'd cancel each other out - one being a straight/hard high pass and the other being a soft and tall pass.
From in game command list
:l1:+:circle:= early cross
:r2:+:circle:=high cross
:l1:+:r2:+:circle:= high early cross
Now to be honest I am not sure what early cross does near the box as it centers in the penalty are by default.Despite this I use it most of times as it placebo or not,seems that you can exploit some space between GK and defense line.Behind the box in any spot of the attacking third of the field , if you use early cross it auto centers in the penalty area or wherever your CF is,95% of time around the penalty area.
For the rest variables 2x:circle: does a low cross.The 3x:circle: doesn’t do anything further since pes 2015,so I don’t know what the user above mean.As far as I know hitting a 3xcross just registers a low cross since you have already hit the 2xcross so the third time is unnecessary unless it is something “new” that was reintroduced this year.
As for the headers even in basic shooting + PA1 ,they seem also broken this year from my personal experience playing the game.The most times players don’t even try to jump,when they do it is a “balloon” most commonly and when I try to get better positioning with super cancel I get a medium low kick try life Zagnief did in Street Fighter II ,while the cpu is clearing the cross with a header.

Last edited:
I don't really understand headers but feel like my accuracy is improving. There's probably a 'sweet spot' for releasing the button and case of working out the timing.

Crossing is effective though, especially the L1 early one. Again, all in the timing in the relation where the striker is.

Reactions: Dom
Hello all,
first message here, but l've been playing PES and Winning Eleven since the PS1 times (although have skipped a couple of generations)
I find the 2019 version pretty good, in fact I felt so much in love with the demo (played on Xbox) that have decided to buy a PS4 on release date, just for being able to apply game patches.
I've played the game almost every day for a couple of weeks, started a league with Juventus (my team IRL) and enjoyed most of the time...until a couple of weeks ago. I started loosing interest, found the AI playing in the same way all the time, and struggled to get points even playing on Regular level (I play full manual).
This morning I tried playing the same match (Juventus Inter) at least 4 times, and always ended up loosing by 4 or 5 goals.
Then I decided to switch level to Top Player and played the same match: 0-0!!!
I couldn't believe how different the gameplay was: my players were more reactive, quicker and passed the ball much better. The 4 defenders were aggressive and kept the line much better. The CPU players were also playing in a very different way: a couple of bad tackles led to yellow cards and an injury to Bernardeschi. Never seen anything like that playing a Regular level.
It really doesn't make much sense: playing at Top Player was easier than Regular!! How is that even possible?
I'm obviously not complaining: it felt like playing the game for the first time, but I'm wondering if the difficult level affect my teammates, as well as the opponents.
Sorry for the long post, but I really wanted to share this with some experts :-)
Im not an expert by any means but i can give you my personal opinion on the matter.
This is first Pes ever that I couldnt (still cant) get into. Started on Top Player, PA1, something was off. Changed to Professional, full manual and after a while something was off. Switched to Top Player, manual, same thing. Went to Superstar, PA1 and slowly getting tired again.
Thing is - Pes19 plays differently on all difficulties. Its not just the matter of AI pressure or errors. The game, your passes, AI, everything just plays differently on all the difficulties.
Unfortunately this is only a short term feeling of something fresh. You think you discovered a sweet spot but after few games you realise, that AI just plays the same way over and over again. Different from the previous Difficulty level, but repetitive and boring to bits.
When initial feeling of joy is slowly wearing off, its being replaced by boredom and frustration.
The most various games im finding on Superstar so far. Unfortunately Im loosing most of the games due to OP low crosses and laser guided passes from CPU, especially when they are loosing.
Waiting for patch and really hoping that they will make AI more various and interesting and the matches will become less predictable.

The CPU attacks in this are actually pathetic. There is no more sticking up for the game from me, I’ve tried and tried to be patient and enjoy this but no more.

Just played 4 master league matches. Out of the 5 goals scored in the 4 games against me (Superstar level), 4 of them were...get ball on wing, low cross, CPU striker scores. It all looks so robotic and rigid, so unrealistic. And for the first time ever, the ball in Fifa feels heavier and more unpredictable, like anything could happen in a match.

In pes 2019, everything still feels so stiff and on rails, like you can only run in 8 directions, shoot in a few different straight lines and there’s no variety at all.

I go from Fifa, to pes, back to Fifa...but I need to just stick with one and master it.

There is nothing to master in pes anymore. I feel like I’ve learned how the cpu attacks already. I too feel myself weaving the same move every attack - because it works everytime so why wouldn’t I?

I know I’ve said I enjoy this and I do at times. But I try to like it - that’s the problem. And I am done trying. The CPU is absolutely turgid and it feels like a game from 2008, not 2018.

I don't really understand headers but feel like my accuracy is improving. There's probably a 'sweet spot' for releasing the button and case of working out the timing.

Crossing is effective though, especially the L1 early one. Again, all in the timing in the relation where the striker is.

Thank you!

Sometimes its like some guys are not except that pes is one of few games with depth. its not like starting the game and be perfect after 2 month after release. I can clearly say my skill gets better and better. I wont harm you guys, only tell you thats more in this game like you think.

The CPU attacks in this are actually pathetic. There is no more sticking up for the game from me, I’ve tried and tried to be patient and enjoy this but no more.

Just played 4 master league matches. Out of the 5 goals scored in the 4 games against me (Superstar level), 4 of them were...get ball on wing, low cross, CPU striker scores. It all looks so robotic and rigid, so unrealistic. And for the first time ever, the ball in Fifa feels heavier and more unpredictable, like anything could happen in a match.

In pes 2019, everything still feels so stiff and on rails, like you can only run in 8 directions, shoot in a few different straight lines and there’s no variety at all.

I go from Fifa, to pes, back to Fifa...but I need to just stick with one and master it.

There is nothing to master in pes anymore. I feel like I’ve learned how the cpu attacks already. I too feel myself weaving the same move every attack - because it works everytime so why wouldn’t I?

I know I’ve said I enjoy this and I do at times. But I try to like it - that’s the problem. And I am done trying. The CPU is absolutely turgid and it feels like a game from 2008, not 2018.

I play only online Pes 2019. The same Fifa 19. After the patch Fifa 19 play very good online. Ball physics is heavier than Pes 2019 but feel good. Game feels more simultion than Pes 2019. Pes 2019 still online is good but glued keepers make game breaker for me. I wait for patch.

I’m not sure why anyone is still playing this until it’s patched.

I’m not sure why anyone is still playing this until it’s patched.
My biggest problem is that im switching between the two so often. And I dont give myself enough time to get used to ball physics on the other. Lack of free kicks is absolutely head wrecking. Additionally, the weight of the ball and slow passes (like the ball was going through mud) are putting me off. So Im switching back to Pes after few games, just to be annoyed even more by repetitive AI. So Im in the limbo of football misery... :LOL:

Im not an expert by any means but i can give you my personal opinion on the matter.
This is first Pes ever that I couldnt (still cant) get into. Started on Top Player, PA1, something was off. Changed to Professional, full manual and after a while something was off. Switched to Top Player, manual, same thing. Went to Superstar, PA1 and slowly getting tired again.
Thing is - Pes19 plays differently on all difficulties. Its not just the matter of AI pressure or errors. The game, your passes, AI, everything just plays differently on all the difficulties.
Unfortunately this is only a short term feeling of something fresh. You think you discovered a sweet spot but after few games you realise, that AI just plays the same way over and over again. Different from the previous Difficulty level, but repetitive and boring to bits.
When initial feeling of joy is slowly wearing off, its being replaced by boredom and frustration.
The most various games im finding on Superstar so far. Unfortunately Im loosing most of the games due to OP low crosses and laser guided passes from CPU, especially when they are loosing.
Waiting for patch and really hoping that they will make AI more various and interesting and the matches will become less predictable.

It doesn't feel fresh because, if you've been playing FIFA/PES the last few years, both are actually 3-4 yr old games (going by engine).

What players like you and I need is a step-up which will probably come with next gen. At least, I'm fairly confident I can give both FIFA and PES a miss next year.

It all looks so robotic and rigid, so unrealistic. And for the first time ever, the ball in Fifa feels heavier and more unpredictable, like anything could happen in a match.

Just going off on the point about ball physics, I cannot see how people think FIFAs is better. Thats not saying you/they are wrong and im right, but the way the ball moves in FIFA looks and feels horrible to me. In PES it has its own life as such, spinning, likeable elevation, it feels seperate to the players and the pitch.

FIFA on the other hand has the ball stitched to it like a carpet on the ground and its high ball trajectory is akin to a rugby up and under. Thats before you start on the scripted skill animations... im sick of seeing players flick the ball up and doing a flying scissors kick from 40 yards into the same top corner each time.

Look this isnt PES v FIFA, Konami v EA... both have my money and both play a role in my household. I just find it interesting how people can have such different views on the subject of the ball and physics.

Hopefully Konami get their patch right, as console owners deserve a better AI thats for sure.

It doesn't feel fresh because, if you've been playing FIFA/PES the last few years, both are actually 3-4 yr old games (going by engine).

What players like you and I need is a step-up which will probably come with next gen. At least, I'm fairly confident I can give both FIFA and PES a miss next year.
By fresh I only meant that AI plays differently once you change difficulty. So you think you have discovered a way to enjoy the game, just to get a slap after few games, when you realise, that its the same poo in different colour wrapper. :LOL:

My biggest problem is that im switching between the two so often. And I dont give myself enough time to get used to ball physics on the other. Lack of free kicks is absolutely head wrecking. Additionally, the weight of the ball and slow passes (like the ball was going through mud) are putting me off. So Im switching back to Pes after few games, just to be annoyed even more by repetitive AI. So Im in the limbo of football misery... :LOL:

I’m trying not to touch pes now until patched. But I do enjoy a lot of it.
I’ll be playing other game but not enjoying that as much as others seem to be.

One thing I did think I noticed - is the Low Cross thing only programmed to the top teams?
After my 4-0 mauling by Utd as Leicester I played as Leeds v Borough and there wasn’t one back heel or low cross.
Now, I don’t mind a low cross as that’s part of football but when it’s every attack that you know you can’t stop it due to AI cheating to score is different, but I didn’t see one in the Leeds game.

Back
Top Bottom