PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Loosing all my energy and interest slowly.
Think im just gonna step into the shadows for a while.
We cant really argue or discuss with people who cant understand simple things like respect, loyalty and constructive critics. And who throw their toys out of their pram anytime they are asked difficult question.
I'll try to play BAL for a while, or some other things that I overlooked through last few years. In the meantime we might get some patch on gameplay. If not, so be it.
Enjoy your weekend guys!
You too mate.
Might get on the #bottle tmw.
Being all alone with a wife in Paris til Monday it's go time #bottle #xbox #rinserepeat #thuglife #guitarveryloud

Worst thing is I'm almost half a season in on my ML,and I need to restart it after the transfer fix,since I swopped English/Italian league which means in ML Fiorentina had pretty much sold every player

Stopped playing offline, it’s rinse and repeat AI, nothing is variable in the gameplay, other than your own control.

Online is good fun but for those looking for a great offline experience, forget it. Such a shame, how the code is tested and given the nod as an authentic footballing experience suggests the testers had passed away when the decision was made.

Online is good but these keepers on the line kill satisfaction scoring a goals. One stupid stuff destroy the game online. What the hell is problem to move keepers forward to the line by small patch. Its too much for me to understand.

It will get quiet here I presume. Help me remember that I won't buy PES 2020 on day one. So I can buy it from one of the members here for way less :))

On occasion I think a brief status of apathy is the way to go if a person feels bewildered or has lost patience with a franchise they hold dear. It’s difficult because you only want the best for it but these days in particular with social media , passion and constructive criticism can be twisted by those who are benefiting from its current status or are just plain ignorant or like to troll whilst they smear themselves in badgers vomit.

Konami is a business and like others, they won’t come out and say it directly, there are those who take fans money for granted. They laugh because for all the words or videos or tweets, money rolls in particularly in what I believe to be a horrible time in video games with micro transactions. They are awful imo and leaves a question to how will it end with the price of a game itself not being enough for some publishers. Gloating about someone spending three thousand pounds on a progression/unlock system is absurd to me.

“I can’t wait to get my credit card out for Cruyff”

Daniel Henry, WENB forums ,2018

On occasion I think a brief status of apathy is the way to go if a person feels bewildered or has lost patience with a franchise they hold dear. It’s difficult because you only want the best for it but these days in particular with social media , passion and constructive criticism can be twisted by those who are benefiting from its current status or are just plain ignorant or like to troll whilst they smear themselves in badgers vomit.

Konami is a business and like others, they won’t come out and say it directly, there are those who take fans money for granted. They laugh because for all the words or videos or tweets, money rolls in particularly in what I believe to be a horrible time in video games with micro transactions. They are awful imo and leaves a question to how will it end with the price of a game itself not being enough for some publishers. Gloating about someone spending three thousand pounds on a progression/unlock system is absurd to me.

“I can’t wait to get my credit card out for Cruyff”

Daniel Henry, WENB forums ,2018
I don’t think so they laugh at this moment because Pes 2008 sold 8 mln copies and Pes compete in that time with Fifa on sales. Pes 2018 sold 1,5 mln copies. Its dramatic situation and show how the brand what they had couple years ago was destroyed for their stupid strategy.

You too mate.
Might get on the #bottle tmw.
Being all alone with a wife in Paris til Monday it's go time #bottle #xbox #rinserepeat #thuglife #guitarveryloud

Worst thing is I'm almost half a season in on my ML,and I need to restart it after the transfer fix,since I swopped English/Italian league which means in ML Fiorentina had pretty much sold every player
Fiorentina outselled?So the problem was on EPL spots and not in English teams digitalDNA?
By the way ended some testing and it seems the EPL teams slaughter has been fixed despite sometimes teams still sell key players like city giving KDB or Liverpool selling constantly N.Keita but all teams have more than 20 players so I assume as fixed.
P.S. : @rockstrongo Oh dude you must be in paradise.Wife leaving far away,buying you pes2019,not moaning for playing retro pes and buying multiple consoles.Come on dude you live in paradise!! :D Remind me to choose a woman from Scandinavia next time I will get married!!! :P :P

Last edited:
Fiorentina outselled?So the problem was on EPL spots and not in English teams digitalDNA?
By the way ended some testing and it seems the EPL teams slaughter has been fixed despite sometimes teams still sell key players like city giving KDB or Liverpool selling constantly N.Keita but all teams have more than 20 players so I assume as fixed.
P.S. : @rockstrongo Oh dude you must be in paradise.Wife leaving far away,buying you pes2019,not moaning for playing retro pes and buying multiple consoles.Come on dude you live in paradise!! :D Remember me to choose a woman from Scandinavia next time I will get married!!! :P :P
Ha ha thanks @slamsoze
Yeah she's off for a few days,kinda nice,mainly for her I guess,she's a keeper man:)

Yeah it must be the slots,not the teams,I haven't checked the English teams in my Italian slots yet.
But Fiorentina had 16 players,plus 4 GK,same issue West ham etc had before right

You too dude...

I will say...FIFA release everywhere tomorrow. A LOT of players will trade PES towards it this year, if they havent already.

At the end of the day, there will always be a football game in some capacity. And there will always be dancing.
You got this type of opinion on FIFA message board and YT channels as well but the game still sold millions year by year. In the end people will stick with whatever games they prefer.

Ai next patch then? We'll see .....
Have they aknowledged that the cpuAI is bugged?I mean the official Konami? Because about the transfers bug it was known since last year release ,they admitted in Spring that it is a bug and it took them a lie,a fake promise and a promotion period+ a retail month to fix it at last.

So with FIFA dropping tonight I'm wondering if this'll be a final post for me on the PES thread. I'd like to recap my journey with PES to try and make it a better game :
- reporting cheaters back in 2013 and being optimistic about something being done
- realising nothing was being done so joined pesfan in 2015
- got to "know" the forum - took me a year or more of pointless arguments and banter to get a prospective cheater thread going
- same lag cheating continues ; no acknowledgment of this problem and just more pushing of legends etc

i could see a lot of fan support, effort and good ideas on the forum yet these were being ignored. To add salt to the wounds there were guys like curdstar and daniel appearing on the forum praising the game despite all the negativity.

A lot of gamers don't have the time to make concerted efforts to help make a game better. I used to say that I reduced my real-life work to play MyClub back in 2015 - I'm sure it came across as a joke but it was true - so hopeful was I for a truly competitive football video game.

I was unhappy when PES 2016 Anniversary Edition was advertised to have 5 permanent contracts - it was only available on PS4 and this persuaded me to buy a PS4.

For me, PES (online) has felt like it was associated with a crookedness and did not seek to correct this. A football game can reach a lot of people and children yet it fails to promote good gamesmanship and tackle cheats. This is the wrong message to send out.

Add to this the toxicity of MyClub - spending nights losing sleep playing to acquire GP to clear weighted ball spins.

I like to learn something or skill up in my games yet if have so much difficulty matchmaking with fellow players who have chosen to learn skill such as full manual then what is the point?

And then the leaderboards always with cheaters at the top.

I feel I can say I tried my best only to be largely ignored.

Thanks for the lesson, PES team.

Took out about 5 years of my life but hey, its been a good lesson for me and made me wise enough to avoid 2019.

Good luck. Cheaters never prosper.

I'm only keeping PES to satisfy my modding needs.
I do love editing, creating, trying stuff. And that's so damn limited in FIFA since FrostBite.

So that's the only reason I won't sell PES 2019. Pretty weak, eh?.
Same here, I enjoy editing more than actually playing the game; daft really.
Sorry for comparing, but if FIFA offered the Creation Centre again now I'd be 100% done with PES.

..anyone noticed any gameplay changes with the new patch on ps4? Ive had 2 games postpatch...vs man city and vs fullham. I was crystal palace. I had aguero shooting from a yard outside the box on 2 occasions (15 min on superstar with klashman tactics) and he was pretty direct having quite a few shots on goal even when previously he would pass sideways to a guy in a worse attacking position. Also had an attacking ai player on goal from about 20yrds out who kept going towards goal followed by shot...normally ud expect a free player in goal to hold up n pass to a player in a worse position , ie ai not direct at all. Fullham constantly did long ball crosses into box not one low croas. This could be one of those rare coincidences right after a patch or placebo..but yeah wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in attacking ai??? Im gonna have a good 2hours tonight to test things out...again probably placebo. Cheer up guys :)

Made 5 games, superstar and legend : slower game, the less obsessive AI, many more events in the match (penalty to the AI after clear simulation. In the midfield ackle, foul and player stopped for almost 5 minutes).

The players get up more slowly after the falls and there are new animations in the reactions. After a cross Dzeko threw himself on the ground and crouched down a lot of time.

After a foul immediately Nzonzi fell with an animation never seen before.

New animations of goalkeepers and more credible movements of the teams on corners and free-kicks.

The AI disengages on the goalkeeper more often.

^
Interesting, if anyone else is reporting a change. Currently at work, so ill get to check gameplay more tonight, but that's the other thing I noticed post patch.. seems gameplay was slower from my two games I had yesterday. Anyways.. tbc

So I had 4 matches online last in Divisions and it might be down to good luck/placebo but I clearly felt a difference in player reaction at least.

Scored such a lovely volley with Rivers Pratto btw, if I wasn't old as hell I would try to figure out who I could upload it and show off here...

Another thing, someone said Divisions was unplayable due to the fact that everyone just picks PSG etc but that is far from the truth when you play manual passing and similar settings. My 4 matches last night were against, Cruzeiro, Man City (ok fine...), Zenit and Sevilla.

..anyone noticed any gameplay changes with the new patch on ps4?
I'm on PC here, but I also saw something.
For example, yesterday I saw some animations I think I hadn't seen before, but some of them didn't really look OK. See this for example:

I had never noticed a player adjusting the ball that way before the update (new animation maybe? Or just something tweaked so they now do this more often?) but before the update I had never noticed so much skating either.
See in the close-up replay what I mean: I can't unsee how he slides onto the grass to "adjust" to the position he should have to hit the ball. :CONF:

Myclub is such a stupid slow shitty grind. Was hoping to build up a decent bronze team to farm gp. Tested out fielding an entire bronze with 4 black subs 4 star team on sim matches and profitability was low, typical wages for a good lvl 30 bronze player is abt 1k gp on average, so after 10 games assuming that all matches are lost, the profit is a stupid 400 gp which is pathetic. And assuming ur manager doesnt meet the renewal condition then its a net loss of gp. It just ridiculous.

so in the end i have to constantly use those shitty stuck in the mud white players to play sim matches. Its like being stuck with them on sim unless u pay to play.

Im not a fan of white players, they remind me of ML original players - slow, unresponsive and weak.

Last edited:
It's diffcu

?:CONF:

NaiveFormalAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

That 'Callenge' typo just about sums up Konami as a whole. a Joke. Pushing out half-assed products for full price.
Does anyone else also see the weird wobbly font used in menus and screens in PES 19, like the kerning is off, some characters are higher than others. Again just another quality issue.

Back
Top Bottom