PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

If they fix the obvious flaws we've all said 6 billion times it's a proper good game,there's no denying that,I'd settle for more mixed game play and goalies coming out (which they havent since Pes 13)

I'm having fun playing it though,after setting up tactics and also not baiting on the cpu shortpassing and acctually learning how to play patient defending.

One thing they do well is fatigue
It's a joy subbing in a pacey winger/striker at the end to beat their tired defenders
Also a nightmare having tired defenders at the end Vs fresh CPU players.
That's well done
It's not all shit right?

Last edited:
Thats fair enough. I understand he has a job. I understand that there are decisions made above him and there is sweet fuck all he can do about it. I work in a huge corporation myself and have to deal with shit i dont agree myself.

What he need tho, is a bit of sensibility. For the moment he is just annoying people by not responding to any issues, while responding to stupid posts, like spray can for the referees.
All he has to do is to put up a post every now and again that development team was informed about the issues. That they are working on them. That they didnt forget about offline players and their issues. He doesnt have to bash Konami or disagree with his employers. But for fuck sake - have a little bit of respect towards people. Dont just post stupid shit and respond to stupid things, while ignoring important ones.
Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks.

I understand he's only human and can only respond as humanly possible, and all we ask is recognize everyone. It's their exaggerated approval of the silliest things on Twitter while completely ignoring the more important gameplay feedback is what infuriates us, in addition to their manner of course.

aftter couple of games i have a quiestion, why we support a game that:

- keepers stuck on line
- keeper make same dive ever and ever again
- on full manuell headers are broken
- shot varianty still a mess
- AI is a shame
- CPU dont make any fouls
- penaltys none ecxist
- PES moments arte gone like in the good old days
- every year full game is fucked up compare to Demo / Beta
- dynamic weather is just joke

and the same faults year for year ??? and Konami give a fuck maybe some gameplay tweak in the next couplpe of months ???

dont get it anymore...

Because unfortunately there is not a better alternative.

Makes sense that PES19 keepers stay glued to the goal line. As nowadays the game relies mostly on online gaming for its survival, we wouldn't want OFFLINE keepers on our game, would we?

I was so ecstatic at the release day and now, I haven't touched the game for over a week.

The last patch I did was Bundesliga ... This is bad, so bad.

Been reading twitter here and there but there isn't any worthy update from Konami whatsoever from what I can see from my quick skim.

@officialPES and those community managers haven't even acknowledge bug with AI wingplay and LCS (Low Cross Spam) so the likelihood of those bug get fixed in this year version is close to ZERO.

@officialPES does is push and push for myClub .. have you played myClub today? .....

I'm so fed up .... so so fed up ... forgive me, but I've tried.

I'm honesty fuming with how Konami' s reps talk to people on Twitter (when they can be bothered). I'm 41 and have a decent job so 40 quid is not the end of the world (and I could sell it) . But for others who have saved £40 is a lot of money. Especially if youre stuck with digital. Adam is mostly silent and Asim is stating "this is my personal account" rubbsih. The same account used to promote the game and persuade people to part with their money ..give me a break mate you are as responsible as the dev team

It's BS that problem is communication, culture and language beetwen Europe and Japan. When Murphy with Seabass were in dev team they listen. In Pes 2011 was stadium creator and another good stuff in edi mode. They showed gameplay specific on videos and how it works. All stuff in game they improved and Pes 2013 was really good game with poor engine. It was communication. Adam?Asim? Where are they? I miss you John.........

Last edited:
It may seem like an overstatement but this feels like the beginning of the end for PES (at least as title developed by Konami).

This year they've finally managed to alienate a lot of longstanding fans of the series. I've literally bought every single PES up to 2018. This year I decided to wait for community feedback after last year's AI issues made the game unplayable for me after a short period of time. Have to say I'm happy I waited as they announced the lack of D2 (which is huge for a Serie A ML player) and the community feedback showed some astounding issues with AI and lack of any progress in other game modes.
From what I read on here, a lot of longtimers have decided not to buy the game this year.
Negative feedback feedback is pretty much universal and people feel burned by Konami.
Either they fix all of the issues with game for 2020 (highly unlikely) or their business strategy of blending customers with hype generated buy guys like Asim, Adam, Daniel and various YouTubers as people have caught up this year. Losing the UCL license is also a bigger blow than I expected to be honest. FIFA has done more with the license in a year than Konami in many years. Featured Players are making MyClub even more stupid. When most players can get Superstar teams that quickly there is no grind, no reason for playing this for a long time.

The damage to the brand 'Pro Evolution Soccer' is real. For videogamers those are bad news as FIFA isn't exactly reinventing the wheel gameplaywise and with no serious competition it will only get worse, but Konami managed to screw this up all by themselves. Game modes and editing features have been stripped down when compared to games like PES 2013(!) (remember the stadium editor? Remember adding chant mp3 files to have lifelike chants for all teams?), the AI is worse than on PS2 (is there no QA at all?), licenses have not been utilized to the fullest (why didn't Konami implement loads of french stadia, french broadcast packages etc? Same for Eredivisie and Serie A). How can they expect to compete?
Heck, the presentation is deathly boring, I remember back on PES 2013 how awesome it was to have teams with original goal & entrance music, real chants etc. That made such a huge difference when playing ML....it's all gone. no more chants, nothing. No stadium editor. Nada.

What you exactly want saying „fix AI”?

The tactical rigidness which cause the cpu to perform wing attack and low cross all the time with any team with any player.

Its suppress all the attacking tactics in the final third, not to mention the player cards, com play styles.

All teams and all players feel the same from cpu side. Just the good ones are faster and pass, shoot more accurately.

Which is ironic since the base the gameplay is spot on. Just imagine cpu Messi constantly doing close control and dribbling on your slow defenders.

Last edited:
It's BS that problem is communication, culture and language beetwen Europe and Japan.
It is. Thats one excuse I will never accept.
Especially when you have people sending them videos left right and centre, with all the issues clearly visible.
Regardless of your culture, language, gender, or whether you eat meat or veggies, when you see a clip of a player 1on1 with a keeper, turning away to pass to the wing - you see that something is not right there.
You dont even have to be a football fan at all to see these things, for god sakes..

Last edited:
The price on Amazon Germany has dropped to a whopping 43 € already. That's just insanely quick for a videogame price to drop that low.
What? It could be preordered for less than 30€ for PC (from reliable sources, not from shadycdkeysyoudontwanttohearabout.com mind you), and as far as I know many retailers here had it on offer for 45€ or such for XB1 and PS4 if pre-ordered.

I don't really see the price dropping, it's more or less always been the same. The real problem is... Why a game that is expected to cost 60€ is being sold between 30€ and 45€, even before hitting the shelves?

It is. Thats one excuse I will never accept.
Especially when you have people sending them videos left right and centre, with all the issues clearly visible.
Regardless of your culture, language, gender, or whether you eat meet or veggies, when you see a clip of a player 1on1 with a keeper, turning away to pass to the wing - you see that something is not right there.
You dont even have to be a football fan at all to see these things, for god sakes..

In Pes team only Seabass understand football but now he is 3 devison team on Pes.

I play only online devisions. I didn't noticed this kind of problems. Keepers stay on the line but sometimes not. It deepend of situation but yes its problem what i see. All of you talking about offline problems and issues of CPU. Online looks different.
Thats what Konami wants. For everyone to play online and spend extra money on it.
But guess what - there is a lot of players who play mainly offline and for the moment, playing against COM (or with COM, when you play BAL) is unplayable.

Good morning :D

In this moment online problems are keepers too often stay on the line and some issues with defensive line on counterattack. That's all. Game without lags feel superior on licensed stadia with licensed teams as well. Camera setting 0 zoom and 0 heigh.

The damage to the brand 'Pro Evolution Soccer' is real. For videogamers those are bad news as FIFA isn't exactly reinventing the wheel gameplaywise and with no serious competition it will only get worse, but Konami managed to screw this up all by themselves. Game modes and editing features have been stripped down when compared to games like PES 2013(!) (remember the stadium editor? Remember adding chant mp3 files to have lifelike chants for all teams?), the AI is worse than on PS2 (is there no QA at all?), licenses have not been utilized to the fullest (why didn't Konami implement loads of french stadia, french broadcast packages etc? Same for Eredivisie and Serie A). How can they expect to compete?
Heck, the presentation is deathly boring, I remember back on PES 2013 how awesome it was to have teams with original goal & entrance music, real chants etc. That made such a huge difference when playing ML....it's all gone. no more chants, nothing. No stadium editor. Nada.

Agreed!

That´s exactly the problem.
I mean...kudos to KONAMI, they still stand against a big competitor, but they could have such a better standing if all those strange decisions wouldn´t have been taken.
They´ve switched to fox engine, yes. But is it really so hard to keep D2 leagues? To keep ML features the way they have been before fox engine? The fact to keep a stadium editor?
There are so many things to name. They have stripped down so many features and we don´t know the reason behind it.

Just imagine that wouldn´t have happened. Imagine how much better they could compete and have us long time fans on their back to support them.
Keep myclub, work on it, make it attractive...that´s all good. Make your money...no problem.
But don´t take out modes, delete features...just don´t spit offline gamers in their faces.

They cant control or contain the overwhelming negativity, so now they are playing the 'upset and hurt' card.
Dont let them fool you.
Their job is to be a link between people and developers. And it should be working both ways. They are not spies, planted there just to send info to developers. They are also there to send infos the other way. Prioritise and push for changes if issues are important. This looking for compassion is ridiculous. Where is the compassion for people who spent money on a broken game?
People have every right to demand answers and updates on a situation. I dont need a fix tomorrow, but I need to know that they are working on it. That there is some plan put in place.

At one point i think we must stop talking about Adam and Asim.

The unfinished state of Pes 2019 at release has nothing to do with them, the fact they can't talk about any upcoming fixes or patch unless Konami tells them to is the real reason why they are so quiet on Twitter.
Yes, they were so active pre-release. But guess what, they were promoting their game, so it's understandable they are now quiet because if Konami told them they can talk about eventual fixes and patches they would gladly announce it on Twitter, but they just can't. I think if you want to vent your frustration just vent to Konami as a whole and their idea of communication.

Bringing people and hiring people to bridge the gap between the team and the fans is useless if most of the infos are kept secret by Konami themselves. I bet even Adam that is there in Tokyo doesn't know if and what they are doing about patches and fixes.

I mean, today they annouced the remaster of two new Castlevanias. Should be big news,fans were waiting for those games but look at the trailer they put out

Just 15 seconds with zoomed in footage and nothing explaining or showing what is new in this remaster. They have a real issue with communication and no Adam or Asim will fix that if KONAMI keeps marketing their games the way they are doing it now.

They cant control or contain the overwhelming negativity, so now they are playing the 'upset and hurt' card.
Dont let them fool you.
Their job is to be a link between people and developers. And it should be working both ways. They are not spies, planted there just to send info to developers. They are also there to send infos the other way. Prioritise and push for changes if issues are important. This looking for compassion is ridiculous. Where is the compassion for people who spent money on a broken game?
People have every right to demand answers and updates on a situation. I dont need a fix tomorrow, but I need to know that they are working on it. That there is some plan put in place.
Snowflakes is what they are.
I don't condone any abuse they receive but the way some Konami employees cry on social media at times reminds me of over emotional teenage girls.
It's unprofessional, you need thicker skin to be in that line of work and an ability not to bite or vent after criticism.
Acknowledge issues are known and move on in a professional manner, just that alone would go a long way with the community.

At one point i think we must stop talking about Adam and Asim.

The unfinished state of Pes 2019 at release has nothing to do with them, the fact they can't talk about any upcoming fixes or patch unless Konami tells them to is the real reason why they are so quiet on Twitter.
Yes, they were so active pre-release. But guess what, they were promoting their game, so it's understandable they are now quiet because if Konami told them they can talk about eventual fixes and patches they would gladly announce it on Twitter, but they just can't. I think if you want to vent your frustration just vent to Konami as a whole and their idea of communication.

Bringing people and hiring people to bridge the gap between the team and the fans is useless if most of the infos are kept secret by Konami themselves. I bet even Adam that is there in Tokyo doesn't know if and what they are doing about patches and fixes.

I mean, today they annouced the remaster of two new Castlevanias. Should be big news,fans were waiting for those games but look at the trailer they put out

Just 15 seconds with zoomed in footage and nothing explaining or showing what is new in this remaster. They have a real issue with communication and no Adam or Asim will fix that if KONAMI keeps marketing their games the way they are doing it now.
I, personally, have never sent any insults or posts directed at Adam or Asim or whoever else. Unless it was a comment to his own post, from his personal account. But then It's them, who are mixing personal accounts with work.
My posts and my "demands" go to official Pes page. I dont know and I dont care who is on the other side. Is it Adam running this page, Asim, Daniel or Bob. Couldnt care less. This is the only way to communicate my issues with the game to Konami, so thats what Im doing. And I shall continue to do so until I get an official announcement of the patch fixing AI.
Its simple. I paid, Im not happy, product that I paid for requires fixes. Its not my personal opinion. There are proofs of it.
Yes, I could sell it. But I dont want to. As a customer I paid and want satisfying product.
They are there to provide support and communicate with people. If they cant take the pressure or are not able to deal with difficult questions, then maybe they are not the right people for the job.
And I dont accept silence from Konami. Game clearly has issues and as a custoner I want to know when and how they are planning to fix them.

Acknowledge issues are known and move on, just that alone would go a long way with the community.

No, it won't. People would complain about how long they take to fix things. Don't forget that transfer issues in ML has been claimed as being worked on one week ago and people still complain that they didn't give infos about that. Truth is they are slow to fix things and many other issues they don't even know when and if they will be fixed so they can't give Asim or Adam or officialpes some infos about that. This is also why we have lack of communication or updates.

Slow, inadequate, close minded, amateurs. Choose one adjective, those are all directed to Konami as a company, and we shouldn't not single out some guys just because they have the worst job of community manager acting as a shield for Konami.

I’ve worked for two huge companies and it’s like pissing in a pool trying to make a difference or your getting voice heard. They all ask for feedback then ignore it and do it their way anyway.

It’s clear Asim is the face of pes but has no say in anything game related. He’s employed to promote and sell the game which he is good at. Unfortunately for him all the backlash comes his way when the games out and AI is broke.

And I dont accept silence from Konami. Game clearly has issues and as a custoner I want to know when and how they are planning to fix them.

But they can't give infos when they have no infos coming from the dev team. That's the point. Lack of communication between the dev team and marketing team is the real issue here.

Remember Jon Murphy? He was bashed as some useless guy on twitter many times. Guess what? Sports Interactive hired him and now he is working on Football Manager. That means SI understood Murphy has quality to work with them. Yet people continued to treat him like an idiot when he was working for Pes because there were months when he didn't tweet a thing, didn't give infos, etc.
I repeat that the issue comes from the higher ups, Konami Japan managers that decide how and when infos should be passed from the dev team to the marketing team or community managers.

Remember Pes 2016 (I think) and the gk's not being able to deal with low shooting? It was never fixed. Konami will tweak the game, but I would not hold out much hope for big ai changes. I am still glad that I did not buy the game like I used to at release every other year. This franchise is just about dead as a single player game.

Back
Top Bottom