PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Well on the Steam store, the standard edition is £44.99 and the Legend Edition £64.99, but on PC it's easy enough to get the Legend edition content for free... :WHISTLE:

okay - that brings ultimate edition down to £25 then. that's a no brainer....except i am struggling with which format (which is one of the reasons i get PES on all formats)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can't agree with you. The wing spam issue is there and it ruins the game against AI for my. I can't play on regular because it's way to easy. On professional it spams the wings less then on top or superstar but far to much for keeping it fun to play.
here is where I am just being lucky.. playing full manual on regular /professional is more than enough challenge for me! Have you ever tried regular for a whole mode, cup or league? Many may think that regular is walk in the park but it's still as challenging as professional when playing manual controls. To me to leverage this game with what they have to offer now is the right balance of controls, difficulty levels and even camera settings.

i play regular with full manual too, yes its challanging but i get frustratet by the keepers, stuck on line, catch every shoot and even rebounds from players 4 meters in front they catch... Keepers are so static and the situations are so predictable... headers are even a mess on full manual.

the problem, konami will not fix the whole keepers, they need much more animations and much less reaction time in some situations.

i play regular with full manual too, yes its challanging but i get frustratet by the keepers, stuck on line, catch every shoot and even rebounds from players 4 meters in front they catch... Keepers are so static and the situations are so predictable... headers are even a mess on full manual.

the problem, konami will not fix the whole keepers, they need much more animations and much less reaction time in some situations.
yes they can definitely tweak the keepers a I agree

Is any one who still likes the game still around in this forum? it's getting so dramatic in here :)...

I like the game, play it every day, have a couple of master league saves, one of my own and another with a friend that we play over shareplay, BUT I will happily complain about everything that I feel is wrong. I have endured every pes up to this point and have found fun (maybe 'tolerated' is more apt) in literally every version but perhaps this is a problem of mine - when I'm playing offline co-op with my long term pes buddy we marvel at pes most of the time and when we see horrendous/shocking/frustrating bugs (you choose!) we end up laughing and say, 'that's just classic PES!'. I can't imagine something being bad enough to stop me playing it. The constant wing-play is a shame, but I do occasionally see variation in that. The lack of a killer instinct from the CPU really upsets me and the static goalies too but as I say, it's not enough to stop me playing. It doesn't mean I don't want it to be improved though.

My final thought is that, I think the thing that's makes people angry or complain more is the dismissive response from Konami's social media. It would probably be better for everyone if they had no twitter presence as at least people wouldn't be being ignored or dismissed. I can't speak for every company because I haven't looked at too many others but for the few that I am interested in, there has always been an official forum where a relatively impassive mod will occasionally address the community with respect and consideration and will (on the outside at least) happily have a discussion about a game's problems. The closest we get to that is a copy and pasted "thank you for your feedback, we'll pass it on to the team", whilst associated accounts are complaining about all the cry babies.

Jesus, this has turned into a bit of a rant but I'll finally say this and I know I'm not the first but it is unbelievably amateurish to have allowed first Adam and then Asim to use their personal twitter accounts in their roles as official community managers. I really can't fathom it. It proved unequivocally that either their roles were/are unimportant or that konami are clueless. I almost feel a bit of pity for the two of them although they should have known what to expect; I mean, in their forum days they were both critics of the state of the game and yet now they sit there and belittle the very platforms that got them where they are today. Unbelievable! It seems like Konami, as a serious games developer is fizzling out and, despite such great memories, I guess we just have to accept that. I'm not going to let them go quietly though!

So, a bit weird and I can't say for sure it's like this but I found that my players react better/more when I use high through balls for crossing or :l2: + :circle: when I play manual.

Booted up last night and had two great games , not one wing attack..absolute madness
I booted up as well. 3 exhibition matches. Superstar, 15mins.
I swear to god that next bit is absolute truth:

All 3 games - really enjoyable in first half.
All 3 games - i scored first goal (at random moments of the match)
All 3 games - COM is scoring two goals after 80th minute of the match.
5/6 goals are low cross.
Those 5 goals are unstopable.
Edit:
Oh, i forgot thd best bit.
Last match, last goal.
AI is passing high through ball into the wing. Their winger chase the ball, as its bit too strong. Im chasing their winger. As he gets to the ball, it goes out of play. Im letting go of all the controls thinking its a goal kick. Referee doesnt whistle. Their winger turns around with the ball, do low cross - goal.
Im not messing, i put a proper replay on, set camera angle, zoomed in - he received the ball outside of the pitch.
I wanted to record it to show you guys, but somehow my fingers landed on "turn off ps4 button"..

Hard not to grab the disc and throw it out of the window.

Last edited:
I had 3 games yesterday and really enjoyed them but Konami make it hard for me to love this game but are oh so close.
Sort out the low cross , keepers glued to line, forwards going away from goal and if be over the moon with pes but I don't think they will.
With Fifa coming out this week these AI issues that 99% of people are seeing should've been sorted weeks ago.

Is any one who still likes the game still around in this forum? it's getting so dramatic in here :)...

Yes me^^.

I really enjoy it, but also am able to criticise and I know that this is not a perfect game.

The thing is....to enjoy PES I know that I have to keep my expectations low and have to adjust myself, like using the right settings (full manual, 15 - 20 mins, professional, cam tool, gameplay patch etc etc).

I´ll probably sell my PS4 version though and stick to the PC version with all those mods.

About those keeper stick to the line and lcs issues:
It doesn´t bug me, as I hardly ever get to a one on one situation and if I do, then with a throughball, where we all know that in that case the keeper does rush out.

LCS...never really bugged me as I use the gameplay patch now and before I did, I was almost always manmarking the wing attackers. It never happened that extreme that it bugged me.
Maybe it´s the fact that I never played anything else than professional (turned to beginner for a few matches as I really got bashed by the AI quite often on full manual), I don´t know.

With all the flaws and everything...all in all I´m quite fine with the game and as a fine CL patch came out, I finally can start an ML.

Yesterday I noticed strange thing, I put game speed on -1 and use the same settings (full manual, top player). Maybe it`s placebo or maybe one of those days when game plays completly different but game become very different, not noticeable slower, more physical and most important thing, ai plays completly different. Really don`t know what is the case, maybe I play better defensive becouse I have more time to set my defence but ai try one or two low crosses and after that they explore more and more the middle to attack and shoot. I don`t say that game don`t need patching but I say we can better defend and force ai to explore the pitch more and make more mistakes which makes the game more enjoyable. If anyone can test this also will be good to share his findings :)

The most complaints are for facts that where present in older games and been removed or broken as the years advance.For example cursor change and positioning was not a problem until pes2011.Or the AI being one dimensional became so obvious after pes 2015.Each year something different from the previous achievements becomes undone.The CPU AI since 2015 gets worse every year. In 2017 they achieved a fair CPU although many complaints that was toothless or too easy.But after that in 18 and 19 until now it became worse and worse.It does not matter if you play against Barcelona or Pro Verceli it is just you playing against TopPlayer/Superstar with the same play style which is far from simulation experience and reality immersion.

@darkoj2007 - i play on -1 game speed from the start...:LOL:
Like i said in one of the previous posts - recently its not really about low cross spam anymore, it more about the feeling AI is cheating more than ever. Some goals are just unstopable. Someone might say - yeah, around 80th mins fatigue kicks in and players are ehxausted. But what about AI? They shouldnt be getting super powers by the end of the matches.
The 3 games i played were against Bayern, Lazio and the worst team from scotish league. And even they got some magical boost at the end and won.

@darkoj2007 - i play on -1 game speed from the start...:LOL:
Like i said in one of the previous posts - recently its not really about low cross spam anymore, it more about the feeling AI is cheating more than ever. Some goals are just unstopable. Someone might say - yeah, around 80th mins fatigue kicks in and players are ehxausted. But what about AI? They shouldnt be getting super powers by the end of the matches.
The 3 games i played were against Bayern, Lazio and the worst team from scotish league. And even they got some magical boost at the end and won.
Don`t know what to say, the game have flaws and they need patch for sure! I play only exithion matches until now and I find game enjoyable. I plan to start League mode today to see how AI play in the modes becouse modes always play different than exibithion matches. Maybe along with master league patch they change something without info and normal patch notes. Most annoying thing is their silence for this issue. People bashing them on tweeter for this but they don`t respond at all

I only play offline, on professional, -1 game speed and I think the game is absolutely fine. Yeah, the AI goes for low crossing as much as possible, but they don't score from them very often (at least not against me anyway). This is the best looking PES by far, the graphics this year are amazing. And, to be honest, I got way more bored of PES 2018 and the constant tiki-taka football played by every team than anything the AI does in this version. Can't wait for some updates and DLC now!

Thanks to @klashman69 and his Serie A tactics,it doesn't fix bugs but makes the teams play very tough and varied against you,no way I can keep the same tactic from start to finish.

Thanks. This is the aim.

Providing variety and most of the difficulty comes from having to change tactics and setup every game.

Of course it will not fix the errors but i have had a great time playing a Newcastle master league with these despite the bugs and issues.

Now if Konami could bring out that patch

Unlike a lot of you poor sods (jk'n) im still loving this game, and think pes2019 is the best football game to date. But like most of you, I see the same flaws that exist and hoping Konami address these issues asap (ai keeper needs to be more aggressive in coming off line when one v one, attacking ai needs more variations, eg. dribblers need to dribble and take us on.. more long rangers etc.). Itll make a good game that much better. Just hoping konami can hurry the fk up and release some news on upcoming dlc/patching... that's the only reason im search this thread atm.
So yeah, unlike a lot, I (as an offline player) can look past the flaws to enjoy this game.

Btw, I have a great gaming laptop, and although it has the patches etc, I have to say I definitely enjoy the ps4 version of pes19 to the pc version... just seems the ps4 version is slower.. better paced, but also more reactive. Also seems like there is more variations in player animations, physical battles, and ball physics... not sure why.. but yeah, keeps me stuck on the ps4 version. Im currently fixated on playing an epl league, full manual, went down from superstar to topplayer to make things just abit less stressful when playing, and am using the awesome tactics from klashman. Love it!!! Oh .. also love playing using the Bundesliga OF/teams which I downloaded from pes World... awesome stuff :)

I see PES just put out a tweet saying "great news......our deal with Arsenal has been extended and to celebrate soon you can play with Pires etc
Every reply says FIX THE AI!!!
But Konami are just ignoring it. Games out, people bought it - they dont care now.
Fifas out this week so whats the point in fixing a game (most) will leave FIFA for?

Shame as PES19 has great potential but this is Konami since PES9 - Poor.

Saw the first long range goal from the AI last night. I have seen a couple of attempts before, hardly more though. And this was a last minute corner kick rebound to win the game so of course the bloody thing went in

I see PES just put out a tweet saying "great news......our deal with Arsenal has been extended and to celebrate soon you can play with Pires etc
Every reply says FIX THE AI!!!
But Konami are just ignoring it. Games out, people bought it - they dont care now.
Fifas out this week so whats the point in fixing a game (most) will leave FIFA for?

Shame as PES19 has great potential but this is Konami since PES9 - Poor.

They took the money of a month of sales before Fifa release, do you think they care now? I bet they are thinking " go to Fifa if you want, you bought our game though, idiots"

They will maybe eventually acknowledge and fix some of these issues, but it would be with their extremely slow times.

They took the money of a month of sales before Fifa release, do you think they care now? I bet they are thinking " go to Fifa if you want, you bought our game though, idiots"

They will maybe eventually acknowledge and fix some of these issues, but it would be with their extremely slow times.

Exactly but they should know that next year is comming soon as usually and?

Back
Top Bottom