PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

This from the first half of the first match I played since seeing this post (Legend AI)...

I dont really have issues with fouls. I think its much better than what we used to have last few years.

What begins to annoy me more and more recently, is unresponsiveness from my players on the pitch. Im not even talking about button delay when you want to shoot/pass/clear the ball. Im talking about player reactions to what is happening on the pitch.
Jockeying is useless (apart of the wings sometimes, where you can block low cross). Even if you do secondary press with one of your players, while jockeying to cover passing lanes, 90% of the time pass from AI is unstoppable and surgicaly precise. Its very unrealistic and annoying, when COM intercepts the ball on their half and fires up rocket ground pass through the whole pitch, which is landing exactly at the feet of their players. Im playing top player/superstar, so I understand its supposed to be harder, but not like this. There is no build up from AI. Just laser guided passes. In some situations (way too often) im loosing a goal and have a feeling that there was absolutely no way of stopping it.
Plus the sniper shots from AI into top corners every time. Its just unrealistic.

Morning guys, good weekends I hope.

Managed a fair few games of PES 19 over the weekend, and in all honesty, I’m very nearly done with the game.
Out of the 12 or so games I played, 10 of them I hated. Pure frustrating, one dimensional garbage.

Its not just the LCS annoying me now, most of it is, every single team plays the exact same passage of play, over and over, every match.
AI Dispossess you as easily as nudging a 2 year old off their very first bike riding attempt, counter, play back to the wing, usually via a lofted pass, low cross into box, either first time shot, or first time backheel to waiting player, who you can get nowhere near even if you proactively track players and runs, for a first timer smash goal.

Theres no dribbling taking players on from the AI, no long shots, no slowing down play and controlling the game by keeping possession, just pure one dimensional counter attack, low cross spam BS. Every team.

AI also have surgical accuracy in front of goal, every goal is a first time smasher, into the top corner, doesn’t have to be Messi, Suarez, Kane or Salah, Calum Jones at Brentford, or Mike Smith at Rotherham will do.

AI slide tackles – 100% perfect every single team, no fouls, no ball bobbling away, just clean perfect sliding tackles taking possession, every time.

Stupid animations – play the ball back to your keeper with a gentle header and he wil dive through the air and catch it as if it was a rocket shot, just stand there and catch the f***ing ball like any normal keeper does FFS.

Passes going astray for no reason, a short sideways pass in midfield will randomly fire off to to a winger 40 yards away.

Beyond abysmal commentary – Taking a pot shout from 40 yards that flew over the cross bar, and commentator shrieks out that it was a poor miss and he should have hit the net. Commentary getting the score wrong claiming the score is 2-0, when its 1-0. ‘He’ll have a digggggg’ every damn shot !!! etc etc

Your players being magically moved out of the way, beyond your control, so that the AI gets a chance….

The pressing L or R of the D-Pad to move your defensive line up doesn’t even work, the idea of it is to push your back line forward so that you can play higher up the pitch, but when you do push your back 4 forward, a second later the CPU forwards push forward and your defense that you have just pushed up, instead of staying where you placed them, and catching the CPU offside, just moves back in line with the AI fwds. Pointless.

Every single physical interaction results in loss of possession, no jostling, no ability to have an impact on if you keep the ball or not, just instant dispossession.

Headers don’t exist – your players do not even seem to attempt to jump for the ball.

ML is hollow, stale and fundamentally broken, transfers are broken, release fees pointless as so low and no AI team EVER triggers a release fee anyway, injuries barely exist, no penalties, wages are totally disproportionate, almost impossible to sign any better players with the budget available.

Absolutely no care has been put into this game at all, there was clearly no testing, of anything, Konami just made a game that looks nice with decent animations and said ‘f*ck it, let them all play eachother online and make us millions from MyClub, we dont need to worry about AI or offline play’.
Because everything is broken, or extremely poor.

Konami can’t fix the transfer issue, so you’ll have to restart ML and waste the last months worth of time and effort just to get transfers that aren’t broken, they have never even acknowledged an AI patch, despite furore all over twitter about it, I have even complimented the team, and game, and politely, respectfully asked if they are aware of the AI issues on Twitter and plan to do anything about it, and never once got any sort of reply, ever.

Yet Saturday night, some guy tweeted @officialPES screenshots from FIFA of the refs spraycan on his belt, and said ‘We need this in PES, its so unrealistic not to have it’ and @officialPES tweeted right back saying they’d pass it on to the dev team.

Seriously? Spray cans on a refs belt, over a working AI?

“Hey @officialpes a dog ran on the pitch at the weekend and urinated in the goal mouth. Any chance you could implement random incidents like this in a future patch?”

“@simoncowellsundies We will pass this on to the team, thanks for the feedback”

This from the first half of the first match I played since seeing this post (Legend AI)...

I don't get your point, what you showed was a slide in tackle from the player which was a foul.
What I mentioned was sliding tackles that take the ball by the AI.

Watch any real match, and you will see plenty of slide tackles but 90% of them slide in and knock the ball away from the opponent, or the ball falls loose for a second phase of play, rarely does the player ever slide in, hook his leg around the player, take take the ball and dribble away with it, all in one movement, in PES 19 this happens every single time a COm makes a slide tackle that doesn't result in a foul. No variation, no realism.

And I agree @Emroth - Actual fouls are much improved this year. Still get a lot of blatant fouls that aren't given, and penalties are non existent, but its improved over last year.

I don't get your point, what you showed was a slide in tackle from the player which was a foul.
What I mentioned was sliding tackles that take the ball by the AI.
What you said didn't suggest that was what you meant at all... "100% perfect every single team, no fouls".

Been playing a bit of myclub against the com which was okay.

What I enjoy more though is, continuing my international cup with Belgium.
Specially after watching a CL match on TV, firing up this game (cup or league mode)....love it!

Last year I thought the chipped through ball spam was a bit cheap from the AI with it's extreme accuracy and consistency, but at least they were actually successful and punished your defensive lapses. You had to be concentrating the whole match to keep a clean sheet on the higher difficulties.

Now, with the low cross spam... They're just shite; it's not even effective. They play the ball low into the box whether it's on or not. I can just leave them alone on the wing, position a defender goal side and just in front of their nearest attacker, then super cancel towards the ball and mash the shoot/clear button. They pretty much pass the ball straight to you... They only score when I'm outnumbered at the back on a counter attack, if I defend deep then they are useless.

Seems like mine is for some reason... Booted it up today to just see who the new "featured" players were. Did one spin and got the 94 rated Hazard...

So without spending a penny on it, it's given me the very top player out of each set of featured players - 96 Neymar, 97 Messi (100 in AMF) and 94 Hazard. Here is a pic of a team containing all of the highest rated players it's given me;

565lwZ4.jpg

That is just ridiculous after 3 weeks, and having barely even played the mode.

That truly is way too fast to get players like that.
I haven´t spent a dime either and got 4 black balls (Coutinho, Varane and forgot the names of the other ones),
but I guess some players have been more lucky than me ;) .

On the other hand: Keep playing with a team like that and the contract costs are gonna kill you.
That´s why I put on more teams, one with white ball players and one with silver ball players only.
I use those when playing the COM challenges to save up my GP´s.

In FUT it´s easier to pay the star team, but here it forces you to put a few of your star players on the bench or make people buy coins, so they can pay the contracts. Actually a smart move by KONAMI...present the users with star players but make it difficult to keep to the budget^^.

Just look At It . It's Joke . Ai pes 6 is better than version 2019:OH::LOL:. What is the point of the pes of the eighth generation. ؟؟ :MAD:unbelievable . I'm downloading the pes 6 version And I want to play And I'm no longer angry . I also sold the PES 2019 .:LOL:

AI pes218 and especially pes 2019. The worst artificial intelligence is the eighth generation :SICK:. And perhaps the worst of history. Catastrophe :SICK:

The animations and modeling of players in the PES 6 even better than FIFA 19 :LOL::LMAO:

Each to their own and respect to all those retro gamers.

Personally to me...that game was great, no doubt! But it was great back then.
Now I couldn´t touch it no more, only if this was available as a mobile game maybe.

It´s just outdatet and feels too robotic to me.

Actual fouls are much improved this year. Still get a lot of blatant fouls that aren't given, and penalties are non existent, but its improved over last year
100%. I havent had a single penalty since I started playing. If I get a free kick, its always just outside the box, even tho replay is quesionable.
On the other side - every time AI gets a similar foul - most of the time penalty is given.
Its really hard not to feel cheated this year, when you play it. From fouls, AI passing, AI shots, low crosses, tackles, last minute goals, up to your team players moving avay from the ball.
Im constantly having a feeling that AI is cheating. Dont remember having this feeling so often in any other versions. There were ocassional scripted matches, where AI was having ticki-tacky-back heely circus show, but this year a lot of elements in this game smell fishy...

One month after game launch and any news about patch + DLC.....Not good.

I believe they are not gonna bother fixing the offline issues, they have made it clear pes is now purely an online game, they said it themselves that we should go play fifa cos they don’t see any issues with the game.

My guess is that they have tried to adjust the AI but haven't been able to, likely some even bigger issues turning up in the process. We like to joke about Konami not testing their games but guess what: They test their games. They couldn't fix the AI before the demo so the made it short and focused on a longer online demo that would hide the issues.
Then there is a the full game which they get out there to gauge the reception. Enough positives/MyClub online participation, and who knows, they might be tempted to just leave the game as is. Someone is crunching the numbers on that right now, I'm sure of it.

That truly is way too fast to get players like that.
I haven´t spent a dime either and got 4 black balls (Coutinho, Varane and forgot the names of the other ones),
but I guess some players have been more lucky than me ;) .

On the other hand: Keep playing with a team like that and the contract costs are gonna kill you.
That´s why I put on more teams, one with white ball players and one with silver ball players only.
I use those when playing the COM challenges to save up my GP´s.

In FUT it´s easier to pay the star team, but here it forces you to put a few of your star players on the bench or make people buy coins, so they can pay the contracts. Actually a smart move by KONAMI...present the users with star players but make it difficult to keep to the budget^^.
I just boot up the game, claim the daily login bonus and play one single player game with a crap team for the "first win" bonus then move on to the other modes... Don't even know why I keep doing that to be honest.

These seem to be the choices for how to play this mode;

1. Play one or two online matches per day in the cup modes with your best team, which might just about break even.
2. Tediously farm GP with white/bronze teams in SIM or vs COM modes (with that broken AI) for hours and hours to fund your black ball team that runs at a loss (especially if you lose).
3. Use a mostly silver/gold team that is more affordable, but will get you slaughtered online against a decent (or even a shitty) player using a full black ball team with 95+ rated players.
4. Spend $$$ on coins.

Not had a pen since 2017, where l had 3-4 in total. So easy to fix, too, just call the same fouls as on the rest of the pitch.
Pes fouls system is not great by design. In 2018, for example, there were very few fouls in general. But you could somewhat "force" fouls by doing few skill moves or close dribbling. AI was going for a tackle and usually it resulted in fouls.

My guess is - they've decided not to call 99% of fouls inside the box. If referees treated every foul the same on the pitch, they are afraid people wouod be "forcing" fouls inside the box getting easy penalties from AI.

Again - I think its a lazy way of designing things.

AI is not designed to make a decisions.
Its not capable to decide whether its wise to tackle, or is it risky. Should I be careful, or should I stop him by any means necessary.

As a result - easier way was to simply "switch" penalties off (or at least limit then by 98%)

AI is important online like offline. They have to patch issues.

Disappointing they are not communicating with the people that bought the game to let em know what they are working on to improve gameplay, this is the quietest they have been after release, it’s like they don’t give a shit.

Disappointing they are not communicating with the people that bought the game to let em know what they are working on to improve gameplay, this is the quietest they have been after release, it’s like they don’t give a shit.

They have juuuuust enough room to ignore the problems, as soon as they acknowledge them they will be forced to actually do something about them. I bet even Daniel is under direct orders to not admit anything being broken. Is he required in his contract to be a dick about it though? Of that I am doubtful.

Agree with all the points made on the previous page about what's wrong with this game, as well as the bit about how horribly unresponsive it is.

As a purely offline player, nothing about this is enjoyable any more.

My guess is that they have tried to adjust the AI but haven't been able to, likely some even bigger issues turning up in the process. We like to joke about Konami not testing their games but guess what: They test their games. They couldn't fix the AI before the demo so the made it short and focused on a longer online demo that would hide the issues.
Then there is a the full game which they get out there to gauge the reception. Enough positives/MyClub online participation, and who knows, they might be tempted to just leave the game as is. Someone is crunching the numbers on that right now, I'm sure of it.

Guys c'on

We are in 2018...technologies are such good

You can cooking with your watch

Your Tv doing coffee as well

And they are not capable to fix a bug and give some variety at the gameplay that already was fixed by community?

This is just laziness from Konami no others words

Its very unrealistic and annoying, when COM intercepts the ball on their half and fires up rocket ground pass through the whole pitch, which is landing exactly at the feet of their players. Im playing top player/superstar, so I understand its supposed to be harder, but not like this. There is no build up from AI. Just laser guided passes.

And this is why the AI can get away with spending most of the match with 10 men behind the ball (even when losing). The flow of the game is completely wrong.

Yeah
I miss time when John Murphy was in Pes team. Now all these guys like Adam, Asim and the rest live in their own twitter world with people who only love Pes. Rest not exist for them. Shame.
yeah you wouldn’t see John Murphy blocking thousands of accounts cos of people explaining to him about the games faults.

Twitch viewer stats for PES 2019 are telling:

Ra96bWD.png

Already back to pre-launch levels, seems a lot of people checked out the game but the interest wasn't maintained.

Maybe that window of increased publicity was worth it in terms of microtransaction income, otherwise this could be the beginning of the end for PES. The damage to the brand this year will be significant.

Back
Top Bottom