PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I kind of get where admin are coming from because if you feel no soul since 2011 - why you keep buying it? (perhaps i know the answer : the hope for a perfect game)

For me, PES has has more soul than Fifa since maybe 2007 (although Fifa 2010 World Cup was pretty good)...I switched back to PES about 2010

Also if you are suggesting EA's FIFA has more soul - you must be crazy. FUT will cost some people £1000+ tto bag Messi/CR7.

The problem we are faced with is that PES is becoming SOUL-less - particularly this year - and a stand needs to be made

That's exactly it. Because every year you think this is the one and it's become a yearly cycle of disappointment.

The really frustrating thing is that this year gets so much right.

Luckily I don't venture into my club or ultimate team. They will hopefully be classed as the gambling that they are soon.

It will kill me to buy FIFA. Because I have how ea does there business with the micro transactions and loot boxes. I won't even download a mobile game that they release.

But I feel if I stay offline. Then it's the lesser of two evils.

I remember on 13 that it was near impossible to score a header. They patched it really late in the year.

Also the keepers had a really wierd animation for 1 on one's. It looked really wrong
Not questioning your experience of the game,sorry if I came across that way.
I'm almost done with my 2nd ML season on it,and my perception on it is different.
I think GK are great in that one,perhaps looks weird,haven't thought about it,but it feels very refreshing playing it Vs modern games,both Pes and FIFA,and it's 6 years old,still hold up as one of the really good games.

Shooting is very good in it imo
I don't really have an issue with headers.
I do,or did at least on 19 until I started playing TP (manual) instead of professional,which dumbs your players down a bit.

That's how I see Pes 13

Not questioning your experience of the game,sorry if I came across that way.
I'm almost done with my 2nd ML season on it,and my perception on it is different.
I think GK are great in that one,perhaps looks weird,haven't thought about it,but it feels very refreshing playing it Vs modern games,both Pes and FIFA,and it's 6 years old,still hold up as one of the really good games.

Shooting is very good in it imo
I don't really have an issue with headers.
I do,or did at least on 19 until I started playing TP (manual) instead of professional,which dumbs your players down a bit.

That's how I see Pes 13

No you are not. 100 percent.

I remember at the time just finding the goalkeepers animations kinda strange. I liked the shooting, but I found to not have enough variety for me.

As for the headers I definitely remember that you would rarely ever get one, because they would try to volley instead. But I think they patched that at some stage.

I think that pes 13, well 11 to 13 actually had the best master league and Bal ever. They were excellent. Much better that today's modes. And that stadium creator too. The stuff of dreams.

Whatever game you are enjoying that's your own tastes and likes. Fully respect that.

Daniel Henry still insisting on twitter that there are no AI issues with PES 2019.

I despair.

You get fanboys with everything. The Xbox fanboys. Playstation fanboys. FIFA fanboys.

But the worst fanboys I've come across in my 25+ years of gaming are the PES fanboys. They simply will never accept any issues with the game. "Go and play FIFA then!" is what I see thrown around on Reddit and Twitter a lot. It's not the fix is it? A lot of people here are diehard PES players from the past (myself included). Why can't they see these issues, it's just weird.

Hundreds of users and public reviews say it is and they all claim the same issues, Daniel Henry says it isnt. I wonder who is more likely to be wrong? Hmm... let me think

I dont want to throw accusations around really because I dont know the guy, but i would suspect he is just trying to stay on Konami's good side and not shit on his own doorstep when it comes to freebies etc. It is broken. Not possibly, not maybe, it just is. end of.

It needs patching and tweaking. No more to be said, so to try and defend it and claim its not broken is almost hilarious in itself

I understand what you are saying. I was just sharing my thoughts and having played the game for years I felt like I wanted to share my frustrations with the game.

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot

No problem I don't think You did.

No you are not. 100 percent.

I remember at the time just finding the goalkeepers animations kinda strange. I liked the shooting, but I found to not have enough variety for me.

As for the headers I definitely remember that you would rarely ever get one, because they would try to volley instead. But I think they patched that at some stage.

I think that pes 13, well 11 to 13 actually had the best master league and Bal ever. They were excellent. Much better that today's modes. And that stadium creator too. The stuff of dreams.

Whatever game you are enjoying that's your own tastes and likes. Fully respect that.
I got hooked a few months a go and bought Pes 10/11/12/13/14 on my PS3.
Game play wise,I've enjoyed 13 a lot (could be a more patient CPU though) and I think besides a weird shooting Pes 12 is a gem,great ML,or play as a boss,just run stuff in and around the club.
I wish we had that feature in modern games,just train and be a coach,or just be on the business side of things,or both.

Gives me a break from the FUT/Myclub orientated games that gets released now,even though I've learned to appriciate both Pes 18/19 and FIFA 16/17 for their good sides,and enjoy them.

i think this week is key - if no fix by the end of it i think a lot of PES gamers will swing to Fifa...and if that becomes the footy game they play then less care about PES

only problem is less care means less complaints and when the complaints dry up the konami guys will think the players are now satisfied. hopefully they will look at user numbers and do something.

I got hooked a few months a go and bought Pes 10/11/12/13/14 on my PS3.
Game play wise,I've enjoyed 13 a lot (could be a more patient CPU though) and I think besides a weird shooting Pes 12 is a gem,great ML,or play as a boss,just run stuff in and around the club.
I wish we had that feature in modern games,just train and be a coach,or just be on the business side of things,or both.

Gives me a break from the FUT/Myclub orientated games that gets released now,even though I've learned to appriciate both Pes 18/19 and FIFA 16/17 for their good sides,and enjoy them.

I really liked them modes back then. When they changed to the new engine in 14, they make became so empty.

I remember in 2011. I played Bal for about 13 seasons. It was brilliant. Didn't get bored at all.

Loved that boss mode too. They were trying new things and then they just dissapear.
Because like you said. They really want to push my club for the money. Same as the ultimate team

In Denmark I'm seeing a lot of people trying to sell the game without them being able to it.. What a bet.

For me personally the price was so cheap that I'm keeping it. My hopes was high. Some elements of the game is the best ever... But really considering just let it be in the closet and just focusing on a game that works - FIFA 19.

"The AI is not broken..." he says

- AI wing and low cross obsession
- AI randomly R2 dribbling off the pitch as if they can't 'see' the lines
- AI refusing to shoot in clear goal scoring positions
- AI turning back and passing when there's a clear opportunity to run towards goal
- AI not shooting from range
- AI not sprint dribbling in possession
- AI not using skills/tricks or dribbling in 1v1 scenarios
- AI keeper glued to line in 1v1's

All perfectly normal and acceptable apparently.

Flat. Earth. Society.

The irony is these defend PES at all costs demented fanboys will be the ones that kill the game, not people who spent money and aren't satisfied with the product.

Strangely, when I tweeted Daniel with evidence of some of the broken AI he didn't respond!

Hundreds of users and public reviews say it is and they all claim the same issues, Daniel Henry says it isnt. I wonder who is more likely to be wrong? Hmm... let me think

I dont want to throw accusations around really because I dont know the guy, but i would suspect he is just trying to stay on Konami's good side and not shit on his own doorstep when it comes to freebies etc. It is broken. Not possibly, not maybe, it just is. end of.

It needs patching and tweaking. No more to be said, so to try and defend it and claim its not broken is almost hilarious in itself

It’s how you go about things though and what you said there about not shitting on your doorstep says a lot about the environment he is in and how he’s gone about things. I can’t stand “influencers” “ publisher friendly streamers” “shills” or anything like that, particularly those who are disingenuous in making negative blanket statements regarding people who simply don’t think the product in question is faultless. “The haters” “haters gonna hate” and garbage like that. It’s a detriment to the good of a brand/product in the long run. I’m seeing something similar going on with some Xbox executives on social media, love to get the ego massaged from sycophants when despite some improvements to the platform, the most important aspect, their first party games, remains somewhat of an issue. Speak up about it and the sycophants come running.

Personally I think Daniel is a sly individual from what I’ve read particularly after his antics on WENB. He tactfully goaded people on there and unfortunately some fell for it.

I don’t blame you. I bought the digital version like a goddamn fool but this is my last PES though. 2000-2019 I’m done with the franchise.

I always look like a fool too trying to convince my fifa friends but with shit AI and things like ML being a joke due to konami’s laziness, it’s hard to. I’m still trying to figure out why they hired Adam and Asim and what exactly they bring to the table because this is a joke.

I always find it hilarious when I see Asim post “busy day at the office”...lmao DOING WHAT? Playing Spider-Man and posting some more myclub shit on Twitter?

Same here. It's got to the point this year where we have lost a decent amount of money selling it on after 2 weeks. I think Adam and Asim's employment makes sense when you look at the history of Pro and Konami. They lost seabass and were only left with the core of what he implemented. It's this the core he left behind that is the only glimmer of joy for me left in the modern gameplay and the rest is Konami trying to find a way to expand upon it but haphazardly. Taking things out, reintroducing things because they lack the skill and more importantly the over all vision Seabass had. He was building the game from its fundamentals upwards towards a vision of the game he had. They now just add stuff ad hoc and like wise employ people like Adam and Asim (Which is a job for the boys ) because they haven't got a plan in place and clearly don't have a clue on what to do and where to take it. This is extremely pretentious but when I have heard them in the past talk about actual football, I could cringe and it makes sense the way the game is from how they see football in reality. They're more the dabbing, social network types and a lot of us are teletext, subbuteo, Saint and Greavesy survivors. We don't want any bullshit, just a good old footy game. how hard van it be? Plus all the lies from a lot of people involved with Konami leaves a sour taste. I'll probably be leaving it behind like my mates did a long time ago. It's only through they eyes of nostalgia that keeps Pro alive I think, because if it came out this year as a brand new game from a new company, it would probably be a $20 PSN Game. Luckily this year there seems to be at least a decent alternative but time will tell. I'm not gonna clog the forum moaning though. I hope they fix the A.I and everyone can enjoy it. It just needs more than that fixing for me.

In Daniels case it's because he lied about the game on here and another forum's, he isn't going to suddenly accept he was lying to us thus he keeps ignoring the very real issues the game has.

It's sad but these guys have egos that will never allow them to go backline their word
He should accept his issues first before recognizing the game's. He should understand feedback is encouraged everywhere for a company's or product's improvement. He, and others, should understand we are grown ups talking about a business product, not immature kids getting defensive over our favorite toys.

Just look At It . It's Joke . Ai pes 6 is better than version 2019:OH::LOL:. What is the point of the pes of the eighth generation. ؟؟ :MAD:unbelievable . I'm downloading the pes 6 version And I want to play And I'm no longer angry . I also sold the PES 2019 .:LOL:

AI pes218 and especially pes 2019. The worst artificial intelligence is the eighth generation :SICK:. And perhaps the worst of history. Catastrophe :SICK:

The animations and modeling of players in the PES 6 even better than FIFA 19 :LOL::LMAO:

I read people already selling their game, that's their choice, i respect that.

But personnaly i was prepared for having a "beta" version due to the very early release.
There will be a big DLC + patch (gameplay and the rest) coming obviously. They could at least gives us a date, or even a month release.

Last year the game was out the 12 september without any new leagues added, and i think the team have been focused full on this before release.
They probably tried to avoid many big AAA games coming out this october, but not whitout consequences.

I won't defend any PR lying or whoever else, but i "understand" in a certain way why this year is particularly difficult for the real team in Japan, trying to save game sales (or the future of PES and their future too) at any cost.

Last edited:
offline. search few pages back when I explained how I perform them on manual. but thet are not consistent. even easy headers sometimes fly over the bar. they need patching definately

I see, well then I think it's a far worse scenario for us online- people because of button delay/minor lag.

I'm sure that for 2 moths everything will change. Pes release patch and game will be much better( like last years) and Fifa release patch too and game will be much worst with fast pace(experiance for couple years).

I'm sure that for 2 moths everything will change. Pes release patch and game will be much better( like last years) and Fifa release patch too and game will be much worst with fast pace(experiance for couple years).
It would have been nice of Konami to tell me that I was paying top dollar for a BETA though.

"Buy our game, its bestest ever. It won't be finished until 2019 though, this is why its called PES 2019."

I cant that believe people still actually accept this.

fool me once, fool me twice... but konami fool the loyal fanbase since years... :SHAKE:

it dosent care if bhatti moved to tokyo, it dosent care that asim and co. hype the game out of space...

Konami did this year for year, yes maybe in januar 2019 we have a decend patched game but i doubt it.

and take me first, i wll copy this text for september 2019 :BRICK:

Had a fun local multiplayer session on weekend, will probably keep game just for those

HOWEVER scripting is also in place for local human vs human. in a session i won 5 games to 2. i had one game where i was psg and mustered 0 shots! i couldnt not keep possession longer than a split second and even my opponent thought something was up. every other game i was 10 shots plus and with many weaker teams.

Joke konami

Really I don`t have idea how difficult is to produce modern football game like pes or fifa but if I know from what my product is suffering I will find a way to change that. I won`t invite community members and give them pizza, coca cola, beer maybe etc. to test the game for 4-5 hours. You won`t get honest opinion with that attitude about your product becouse these guests feel privileged to play the game before others and not to actually test the game. I am sure that if they give beta of the game to around 20-30 randomly chosen aplicants to test the game for one week they will have better data and will know what is wrong. Put some timeline when the beta become unplayable to protect yourself from mess afterthat and leaking infos. Do this around May so in September you have fixed product ready to challenge other games on the market.
Despite all flaws pes gives better football experience on pitch than fifa. No matter if people say fifa ai isn`t broken I agree with that but there are many unresonable and non football decesions from ai also and not to mention ball physics which is a joke and hectic moves from ai before they suddenly shoot.

Konami should fix these 4 things and pes 2019 will be best football game ever:
1.Spamming wings and low crosess
2. Manual headers
3.Defensive awareness from my players in 50-50 situations so I can make tackle to win the ball
4.Keepers glued to the line

Fix this and I don`t need new football game for next 3-4 years

Yes, this stuff applies to the game developer. KONAMI obviously won't do that.

Funnily enough, the same discussion is taking place for Assetto Corsa Competizione right now, which also uses Unreal Engine 4, where everybody had hoped that modding would be possible, but as it turns out it's not.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/modders-so-is-it-open-for-modding.159378/

Had a fun local multiplayer session on weekend, will probably keep game just for those

HOWEVER scripting is also in place for local human vs human. in a session i won 5 games to 2. i had one game where i was psg and mustered 0 shots! i couldnt not keep possession longer than a split second and even my opponent thought something was up. every other game i was 10 shots plus and with many weaker teams.

Joke konami
I only play online and i can confirm the bullshit scripting exists on there too.

I've also noticed the problems with having a gaping midfield no matter how many DMF's you assign, you're always gonna get slaughtered on a counter because you're fullbacks always seem to press high even when turning off attacking fullbacks and you're center half's either end up covering out wide or come out to cover for where a DMF should be

Morning guys, good weekends I hope.

Managed a fair few games of PES 19 over the weekend, and in all honesty, I’m very nearly done with the game.
Out of the 12 or so games I played, 10 of them I hated. Pure frustrating, one dimensional garbage.

Its not just the LCS annoying me now, most of it is, every single team plays the exact same passage of play, over and over, every match.
AI Dispossess you as easily as nudging a 2 year old off their very first bike riding attempt, counter, play back to the wing, usually via a lofted pass, low cross into box, either first time shot, or first time backheel to waiting player, who you can get nowhere near even if you proactively track players and runs, for a first timer smash goal.

Theres no dribbling taking players on from the AI, no long shots, no slowing down play and controlling the game by keeping possession, just pure one dimensional counter attack, low cross spam BS. Every team.

AI also have surgical accuracy in front of goal, every goal is a first time smasher, into the top corner, doesn’t have to be Messi, Suarez, Kane or Salah, Calum Jones at Brentford, or Mike Smith at Rotherham will do.

AI slide tackles – 100% perfect every single team, no fouls, no ball bobbling away, just clean perfect sliding tackles taking possession, every time.

Stupid animations – play the ball back to your keeper with a gentle header and he wil dive through the air and catch it as if it was a rocket shot, just stand there and catch the f***ing ball like any normal keeper does FFS.

Passes going astray for no reason, a short sideways pass in midfield will randomly fire off to to a winger 40 yards away.

Beyond abysmal commentary – Taking a pot shout from 40 yards that flew over the cross bar, and commentator shrieks out that it was a poor miss and he should have hit the net. Commentary getting the score wrong claiming the score is 2-0, when its 1-0. ‘He’ll have a digggggg’ every damn shot !!! etc etc

Your players being magically moved out of the way, beyond your control, so that the AI gets a chance….

The pressing L or R of the D-Pad to move your defensive line up doesn’t even work, the idea of it is to push your back line forward so that you can play higher up the pitch, but when you do push your back 4 forward, a second later the CPU forwards push forward and your defense that you have just pushed up, instead of staying where you placed them, and catching the CPU offside, just moves back in line with the AI fwds. Pointless.

Every single physical interaction results in loss of possession, no jostling, no ability to have an impact on if you keep the ball or not, just instant dispossession.

Headers don’t exist – your players do not even seem to attempt to jump for the ball.

ML is hollow, stale and fundamentally broken, transfers are broken, release fees pointless as so low and no AI team EVER triggers a release fee anyway, injuries barely exist, no penalties, wages are totally disproportionate, almost impossible to sign any better players with the budget available.

Absolutely no care has been put into this game at all, there was clearly no testing, of anything, Konami just made a game that looks nice with decent animations and said ‘f*ck it, let them all play eachother online and make us millions from MyClub, we dont need to worry about AI or offline play’.
Because everything is broken, or extremely poor.

Konami can’t fix the transfer issue, so you’ll have to restart ML and waste the last months worth of time and effort just to get transfers that aren’t broken, they have never even acknowledged an AI patch, despite furore all over twitter about it, I have even complimented the team, and game, and politely, respectfully asked if they are aware of the AI issues on Twitter and plan to do anything about it, and never once got any sort of reply, ever.

Yet Saturday night, some guy tweeted @officialPES screenshots from FIFA of the refs spraycan on his belt, and said ‘We need this in PES, its so unrealistic not to have it’ and @officialPES tweeted right back saying they’d pass it on to the dev team.

Seriously? Spray cans on a refs belt, over a working AI?

Back
Top Bottom