PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

That is fine, but we are talking about broken a.i. I agree pes 2019 feels beautiful in motion, but it doesn't detract from the former.
I don't know man but to me the Ai plays variety in my experience. Yes there are some repetitive patterns of attacking play but it doesn't happens frequently at all. I have seen ai score all sorts of goals from headers to shots from outside. May be it's down to difficulty and modes one plays

KONAMI: STOP putting those digital adboards in the epl matches and fix the darn AI, because no on will buy ur product in the current format, fix the darn Ai and stop putting those adboards...and lower the price of ur unfinished product

Konami remind me of PSG. They care so much about marketing and getting their product/company out there that they forget the actual product itself is underwhelming.

I played a game earlier, first for a week, and there was some variety in the cpu play. Actually enjoyed it - Liverpool vs PSG. But I still saw that pattern of play, when the cpu persist on passing the ball out to wider positions when more obvious, better options are available. It needs tweaking. Like I said, when in possession the game feels beaufiul.

I don't know man but to me the Ai plays variety in my experience. Yes there are some repetitive patterns of attacking play but it doesn't happens frequently at all. I have seen ai score all sorts of goals from headers to shots from outside. May be it's down to difficulty and modes one plays

I think in real life lots of goal scored from wing play and cut-back position. I am more concerned about GK always taking long goal kick.

yeah but they don't try it on every attack is the point were trying to make. The attacking AI is terrible, GK taking too long maybe an issue but surely the attacking AI is more of a priority? As the Metro review stated it's mundane and chore offline.

I took some time learning advanced through ball and advance shooting in training and custom cup (yes I at 41 and naively think AI will be sorted). It's finally clicked . The secret is to power up first and then direction ..its just awesome when it comes off and seeing animations you hardly see on manual.
Btw this is not my normal sat night ..misses is on her hen party and I'm baby sitting :) so I took the opportunity to link the ps4 on the projector and give it a whirl

Surprising how no one has mentioned that many preset formations are actually terribly represented in the game. This has been going on for years now and is part of the CPU AI problems.

It's not acceptable that in PES 2019 the 4-2-3-1 formation still plays nothing like the real life system does. It resembles more a rigid 4-5-1 when in reality it is a very dynamic system that offers a great balance between attack and defense.

The 4-3-3 formation still has the wingers way upfront on defense.

The side positions needs sorting out. SMF's behave like Wing Backs instead of Side Midfielders. WF's behave like Side Strikers instead of Wingers (and they eventually always end up central).

I took some time learning advanced through ball and advance shooting in training and custom cup (yes I at 41 and naively think AI will be sorted). It's finally clicked . The secret is to power up first and then direction ..its just awesome when it comes off and seeing animations you hardly see on manual.
Btw this is not my normal sat night ..misses is on her hen party and I'm baby sitting :) so I took the opportunity to link the ps4 on the projector and give it a whirl
You don’t go back once you’ve started with advanced through balls

What people mean when they say there are see animation in advanced or assisted which they never see in manual?

I didnt play it like that for year

What people mean when they say there are see animation in advanced or assisted which they never see in manual?

I didnt play it like that for year
things like diving headers , different types of volleys and shots . .the way I see it in simple terms..you power up and select direction and the player does the most appropriate animation to execute the command depending where the ball is ..its not like manual - I find manual I have minimal control where the ball ends up and headers are nerfed. Just need to put in 30 mins to get grasp of it

You don’t go back once you’ve started with advanced through balls

Lol! I've just gone back! Couldn't do the quick short passes that I enjoy with just manual through ball. Found it too difficult generally to judge the power although I do miss the occasional curly ones. I found though, as I play fixed cursor, that my AI teammates couldn't really get to grips with my advanced passes and would just watch them bounce past them!

Ok, when you mean something like animations like tge video above then no missing animation in manual. I did it 2 or 3 time with manual.

Are connection (or rather failure to connect) problems common on PS4? I feel like when i boot up the game, i'm sat there for a good 5mins because it's struggling to connect to the server only to give me an error. It's definitely not my internet connection.

I've decided to sell it. I wasn't really seeing the issues other members had mentioned when having the odd exhibition game. Decided to start a master league with Reading. What a joke, 4 games in and every goal by the AI was low cross and I caught a few on the Radar where they seemed to have had a speed boost right through the middle to get into position for it. That and with online being a shambles for me, I'm gonna hope the the other footy game is worth it, as it seems to be getting decent reviews. Think this year is my last for a long time with Pro. Sad, as every year I convince my mate it's going to be good this year, like the good old day and it never is. When I step back and look at what it is and what it offers, it is very very poor.

I've decided to sell it. I wasn't really seeing the issues other members had mentioned when having the odd exhibition game. Decided to start a master league with Reading. What a joke, 4 games in and every goal by the AI was low cross and I caught a few on the Radar where they seemed to have had a speed boost right through the middle to get into position for it. That and with online being a shambles for me, I'm gonna hope the the other footy game is worth it, as it seems to be getting decent reviews. Think this year is my last for a long time with Pro. Sad, as every year I convince my mate it's going to be good this year, like the good old day and it never is. When I step back and look at what it is and what it offers, it is very very poor.

I don’t blame you. I bought the digital version like a goddamn fool but this is my last PES though. 2000-2019 I’m done with the franchise.

I always look like a fool too trying to convince my fifa friends but with shit AI and things like ML being a joke due to konami’s laziness, it’s hard to. I’m still trying to figure out why they hired Adam and Asim and what exactly they bring to the table because this is a joke.

I always find it hilarious when I see Asim post “busy day at the office”...lmao DOING WHAT? Playing Spider-Man and posting some more myclub shit on Twitter?

yesterday scored one with Dembele and ball actually bounce down before enter the net. they are difficult to perform on manual, but problem is they are not consistent

Online? My players just don't react regardless of when I try to press the button. Should I use super cancel?

Saw the dumb AI for first time yesterday. AI put in cross. Was half cleared and the ball fell to Ronaldo on 6 yard box. Rather than smash it in he took a touch, and another and another while drifting from 6 yard box to by line.
2 mins later AI get a throw and after 2 laser guided back heels it falls to feet of Dybala who can get shot off....but no he turns the other way and lays it off to someone behind him.
AI is definitely not fixed.

Bought the game second-hand off eBay, last week, couldn't resist. Thought I had to give the full game a go.

Three days of applying option files / editing and three months of an ML season afterwards, it's going back on.

I have no confidence that the AI stuff will be looked at, given that they've not acknowledged the complaints about it, and given that (if you were Konami) you could argue it's a subjective thing and that some people love the AI (but nobody loves broken transfers, for example - that's a factual, non-opinion-based issue).

It's a good PES, I think. But not a good football game.

I play online devisions. Game is fantastic for me in particular on licensed stadia with licensed teams. Day/night matches looks awesome. I need much better content via DLC. I’m waiting for Ibrox, Celtic Park, Stade Louis II and maybe Spartak or Zenit stadia. Physics ball looks superb, players models too,licensed stadia too. Big potencial and needed BIG CONTENT to make better package.

Daniel Henry still insisting on twitter that there are no AI issues with PES 2019.

I despair.

You get fanboys with everything. The Xbox fanboys. Playstation fanboys. FIFA fanboys.

But the worst fanboys I've come across in my 25+ years of gaming are the PES fanboys. They simply will never accept any issues with the game. "Go and play FIFA then!" is what I see thrown around on Reddit and Twitter a lot. It's not the fix is it? A lot of people here are diehard PES players from the past (myself included). Why can't they see these issues, it's just weird.

Back
Top Bottom