PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Put 9 in defence to try keep a clean sheet online. Game put lag into my clearences so that striker can nip in and score

Officially done with online. tomorrows local test is pes 19 last chance.
oh finally someone else is complaining about online.
I've been complaining since day one. The players feel like they run in mud, sometimes especially on defense when you want to clear the ball they get really slow and freeze up, by the time they decide to kick it to safety the offensive player steals it away and goes in alone vs the keeper. It's the most frustrating thing!!!! FIX IT KONAMI! U BUMS!

^^^^^^

for what its worth i been reading the forum for a few weeks now. seen some informative posts from PJR about the game

haven't taken offence from anything from PJR

i know sometimes I post stuff that might be a bit dodge but its all with good intention to generate a bit of humour to combat the frustrations and i hope you continue to see it that way.

keep up the good work, forum folks.

Cheers mate, I was taken aback by being called vile, as thats quite a harsh word and not really fitting to someone who has only stated a fact about a footy video game.
But anyway, we move on, sometimes messages are taken in the wrong way, cause they dont carry any tone or delivery as static text on a screen.

I'm not butthurt, its just a game after all, people will disagree, thats nature, and its what a forum is all about, being able to accept eachothers views and not take them as a personal matter is where the skill lies.

For all their incompetence, I do think that the PES development team deserves some credit for making a pretty darn good game on the pitch. I've been playing football games for 20+ years and this is as close to a true simulation (while still being fun) as we've gotten thus far in video games. That's where the praise ends though, the PES development team needs to test their fucking games (though I'm sure they weren't given proper time to complete by the August release date). The shitty, repetitive attacking AI pattern and other bugs should have been caught in quality control and testing.

I'm not a fanboy by any means, but given what the competition offers, if they were to not fix the AI at all I would probably still be able to play this game for the rest of the year.

*Disclaimer: I actually like a barebones master league, so I'm fine with them not adding any new features. What I don't like is nonsensical transfers and teams selling half their team.

For all their incompetence, I do think that the PES development team deserves some credit for making a pretty darn good game on the pitch. I've been playing football games for 20+ years and this is as close to a true simulation (while still being fun) as we've gotten thus far in video games. That's where the praise ends though, the PES development team needs to test their fucking games (though I'm sure they weren't given proper time to complete by the August release date). The shitty, repetitive attacking AI pattern and other bugs should have been caught in quality control and testing.

I'm not a fanboy by any means, but given what the competition offers, if they were to not fix the AI at all I would probably still be able to play this game for the rest of the year.

*Disclaimer: I actually like a barebones master league, so I'm fine with them not adding any new features. What I don't like is nonsensical transfers and teams selling half their team.

Thats a perfect sum up of everything I have to say about this years game.
I think this excessive bashing, that Konami is receiving this year is also the result of Pes19 being so damn close to a perfect simulation.
I dont know what sort of, pardon my french, muppets are testing this game. If they sent an early copy to random few from this forum they would have 10times better quality control than what they have now. And all the issues would be highlighted within a week.

As for the last bit of your post - I also agree. Its nice to have indepth, complicated career mode, but there is a point where too much is actually becoming too much. If you have to respond to emails, talk to your players, press etc.,after a while its just becoming pain in the hole.
All I want from ML is
- Divisions 2
- possibility to arrange frendlies with any team during season breaks
- better youth academy, where young players are different for every league/team
- realistic transfers
- more small stadiums
- (maybe) possibility to expand your stadium
- (maybe) different sponsor deals for your kits going from season to season
- crowd reacting to looses/wins (emptish/full stadium)
- more frequent in-game injuries
Id be more than happy if they did only that. They dont need to make Football Manager out of it.
And obviously - fix the bleeding AI.

still can't get the grip on R2 + Shot and Headers on manual... :( they are too minimal to think they are at a normal state. they need to get fixed

but I don't want to play with adv shooting bcs is too easy to score with it

I think this excessive bashing, that Konami is receiving this year is also the result of Pes19 being so damn close to a perfect simulation.
I dont know what sort of, pardon my french, muppets are testing this game. If they sent an early copy to random few from this forum they would have 10times better quality control than what they have now. And all the issues would be highlighted within a week.

As for the last bit of your post - I also agree. Its nice to have indepth, complicated career mode, but there is a point where too much is actually becoming too much. If you have to respond to emails, talk to your players, press etc.,after a while its just becoming pain in the hole.
All I want from ML is
- Divisions 2
- realistic transfers
- more small stadiums
Id be more than happy if they did only that. They dont need to make Football Manager out of it.
In my Aberdeen ML which I started first of all of my three test MLs,I had 5 straight losses,played the second worst team in their ground,and it was half full

In my Aberdeen ML which I started first of all of my three test MLs,I had 5 straight losses,played the second worst team in their ground,and it was half full
Was it?? Jesus I've never noticed that! And believe me - so far im really crap...:LOL:
Maybe i shouldnt skip every intro under the sun, haha!
Cheers!

Was it?? Jesus I've never noticed that! And believe me - so far im really crap...:LOL:
Cheers!
You could see the stands when the goalie had a kick.
And also that new stadium the got last year,looks like Stokes ground,they had a few guys up on the fence as well

All I want from ML is
- Divisions 2
- realistic transfers
- more small stadiums
Yeah your suggestions for additions would be most welcome. I would also prefer if players didn't reincarnate but rather create a new player with similar stats to a retired player.

Unfortunately it sounds like Konami is done adding stuff to ML and will only focus on the modes that bring in the cash.

Cheers!

Stadiums should empty during matches. 7-0 home defeat = jam packed stadium at the final whistle with no reaction

This is the main thing for me.....PES is do damn dated both on and off the pitch now.

The gameplay is still stiff, on rails and clunky. The menus stink....Master League is atrocious and no-one at Konami seems to care whatsoever about it anymore.

From what i've read on Twitter and on here, myClub is far too easy to build a super team now and that's Konami's cash cow so if they can't even get that right now, what's the point?

Every year, around May onwards we get:

"Come and watch our PES drones play 1v1 local matches, like it's still 2001!" "Look how amazing PES is again this year, its so realistic!" Yeah. Right.

"We won't show you any single player Master League footage because it's a broken pile of sh*t and we're too embarrassed by it. So, here's our two favourite PES addicts playing as Barcelona v Brazil Legends! You can order Brazil Legends DLC if you pre-order now for $150!! We'll even throw in a David Beckham keychain!"

The game really is a precicatable, dull mess these days. I've never known it to be in such bad shape....it doesn't help when the other product has come on leaps and bounds this year going from many people's posts, and that's the single player AI - something EA didn't really have to worry about seeing as it sells whatever happens.

I always say this....I like conspiracy theories so bear with me. I think Konami only have long term plans for PES Mobile. I predict we will get a press release/announcement next year telling us that they'll be no more PES on home consoles or PC and will be strictly mobile only.

It's why Bhatti has been shipped out to Japan.....to focus on PES Mobile.

IF this is the last PES on PlayStation, what a way to go out....with a pathetic whimper.

Last edited:
From what i've read on Twitter and on here, myClub is far too easy to build a super team now and that's Konami's cash cow.

It's easy if you are willing to throw in a load of cash. The way they have changed it so all non coin spins cost 25k gp means it is a slog again to get to do a spin, more so than last year. Contracts aren't longer or cheaper so you need to save up 25k plus fulfil contract payments just to have one non coin agent. Those who pump money in will just spin the black/gold ball players and teams of the week and have a top side in a matter of days. They have made it a worse slog this year for those of us unwilling to spend real cash and locked us out of the big player spins unless you manage to earn the coins through the challenges and daily rewards. It's a massive shame. Luckily I can just filter teams to my level and only play other 3 star sides but it should take most of the season to build a black ball side, not 2 weeks.. :(

It's easy if you are willing to throw in a load of cash. The way they have changed it so all non coin spins cost 25k gp means it is a slog again to get to do a spin, more so than last year. Contracts aren't longer or cheaper so you need to save up 25k plus fulfil contract payments just to have one non coin agent. Those who pump money in will just spin the black/gold ball players and teams of the week and have a top side in a matter of days. They have made it a worse slog this year for those of us unwilling to spend real cash and locked us out of the big player spins unless you manage to earn the coins through the challenges and daily rewards. It's a massive shame. Luckily I can just filter teams to my level and only play other 3 star sides but it should take most of the season to build a black ball side, not 2 weeks.. :(
I haven't spent anything, barely play MyClub but have a full black ball team except one CB who is gold (Stones). Did one spin yesterday and got 94 Hazard, one today and got 88 Pepe...

The featured players have completely broken any sense of progression there might have been.

Last edited:
This is the main thing for me.....PES is do damn dated both on and off the pitch now.

The gameplay is still stiff, on rails and clunky. The menus stink....Master League is atrocious and no-one at Konami seems to care whatsoever about it anymore.

From what i've read on Twitter and on here, myClub is far too easy to build a super team now and that's Konami's cash cow so if they can't even get that right now, what's the point?

Every year, around May onwards we get:

"Come and watch our PES drones play 1v1 local matches, like it's still 2001!" "Look how amazing PES is again this year, its so realistic!" Yeah. Right.

"We won't show you any single player Master League footage because it's a broken pile of sh*t and we're too embarrassed by it. So, here's our two favourite PES addicts playing as Barcelona v Brazil Legends! You can order Brazil Legends DLC if you pre-order now for $150!! We'll even throw in a David Beckham keychain!"

The game really is a precicatable, dull mess these days. I've never known it to be in such bad shape....it doesn't help when the other product has come on leaps and bounds this year going from many people's posts, and that's the single player AI - something EA didn't really have to worry about seeing as it sells whatever happens.

I always say this....I like conspiracy theories so bear with me. I think Konami only have long term plans for PES Mobile. I predict we will get a press release/announcement next year telling us that they'll be no more PES on home consoles or PC and will be strictly mobile only.

It's why Bhatti has been shipped out to Japan.....to focus on PES Mobile.

IF this is the last PES on PlayStation, what a way to go out....with a pathetic whimper.
Don’t agree with you. Pes with many issues is still good game. They have superb engine and the graphics engine, physics and animations is really good. This game looks better than competitor. A lot stuff are better in Pes than competitor. They have big problem with presentation and some AI issues but still they have huge potential to compete. This game kill PR and bad comunication between fans and dev team in Japan. If they listen community this game will be superb.

@Lons

"IF" Konami listen.....this is the issue. They don't listen and even when they have....they address one problem and break something else.

I don't agree with "superb" engine....games on older engines like PES 2013 are still more fun and deeper than PES 2019.

As for "Huge potential"....we've been hearing that for many years now. Fed up with it. I want a finished PES package NOW, not in 2 or 3 or 5 years.

You're making excuses for them like so many people still do.....and its why PES never improves that much, because Konami doesn't feel it has to.

@Lons

"IF" Konami listen.....this is the issue. They don't listen and even when they have....they address one problem and break something else.

I don't agree with "superb" engine....games on older engines like PES 2013 are still more fun and deeper than PES 2019.

As for "Huge potential"....we've been hearing that for many years now. Fed up with it. I want a finished PES package NOW, not in 2 or 3 or 5 years.

You're making excuses for them like so many people still do.....and its why PES never improves that much, because Konami doesn't feel it has to.

The man have some reason here. For a game of this gen, its pretty much filling a power bar. Theres is no context, or new mechanics, semi assisted passing or pace changing by how much you push the analog stick. Keepers are dated and shooting scripted to adapt to keepers restrictions.

PES always stood out for players individuality, challenging CPU AI, variated gameplay and Master League. Whats have left now?
I love this franchise as much as you guys do, I play PES 2018 every day when I get home from work but everything have its limits.

Last edited:
The man have some reason here. For a game of this gen, its pretty much filling a power bar. Theres is no context, or new mechanics, semi auto passing or pace changing by how much you press the analog stick. Keepers are dated and shooting scripted to adapt to keepers restrictions.
amazing how opinions differ around the game. I think it's a great representation of the game. I love it. I am easily satisfied i guess :)

Last edited:
The man have some reason here. For a game of this gen, its pretty much filling a power bar. Theres is no context, or new mechanics, semi assisted passing or pace changing by how much you push the analog stick. Keepers are dated and shooting scripted to adapt to keepers restrictions.

PES always stood out for players individuality, challenging CPU AI, variated gameplay and Master League. Whats have left now?
I love this franchise as much as you guys do, I play PES 2018 every day when I get home from work but everything have its limits.

I was really hyped by that early E3 stream that showed shots going miles wide, even in one case an Ox shot sliced so badly it went for a throw in. Seems they dumbed down the mechanics, like has it really changed much in terms of timing, body shape, balance etc. from 2018? Advanced shooting especially looks way too easy once you learn the mechanic. Timing of the shot doesn't seem to make a difference, I see people powering up shots an age before the ball arrives and it still results in a perfect strike near enough every time. Goalkeepers being rooted to the spot also badly reduces the amount of variation, one on ones seem to resemble those Twitch clips I posted 90% of the time.

Right, to put this to bed, if my pointing out of facts has offended somebody, then I apologise, but to be called 'vile' for stating a fact is a little disrespectful also.
Lets not turn this into an Asim blocking everyone who doesn't kiss his bhatti type scenario, its meant to be an open forum, for open discussion, and people need to be able to voice opinion without being 'threatened'.

With that being said, SuperLeeds, apologies if you took my comments (which I genuinely did not mean to offend) offensively, and Tom, I will word my frustrations and comments in a more civil way in future, and in return I'd hope the mods and everyone else respects my opinions and the fact that i'm just another frustrated fan trying to get soemthing out of a broken game.

:COAT:

What they’ve done really well is implementing stats into the manual passing. I had a winger with poor stats for lofted pass and I don’t think he got a single assist from a high cross. When I replaced him with someone with decent lofted pass stats, I was able to score from crosses. It seems that you still have full control with manual crosses, but the lofted pass stat will have more of an influence on how good the receiving players header will be on goal or whether they beat the opposition defender to the header. It works really well and means that the player still has full control over a cross without assistance.

Don’t agree with you. Pes with many issues is still good game. They have superb engine and the graphics engine, physics and animations is really good. This game looks better than competitor. A lot stuff are better in Pes than competitor. They have big problem with presentation and some AI issues but still they have huge potential to compete. This game kill PR and bad comunication between fans and dev team in Japan. If they listen community this game will be superb.

The engine is terrible IMO. It's totally wrong for a football game. We have loading screens everytime the play breaks up for goodness sake

The engine is terrible IMO. It's totally wrong for a football game. We have loading screens everytime the play breaks up for goodness sake
Those god damn loading/cut scenes grrrr

After playing so much of FIFA demo where you can just hit 'A' or 'X' and it skips every little cut scene with ease and then playing PES and having to sit through every tiny incident....dude

Who at Konami playtests this stuff and thinks its acceptable in the year 2018??

I hope it is ok to put this here. Pes getting a bashing in a Fifa review. It really is hard to believe, that having got the graphics/animations up to a pretty good standard, they would release a pes game with such poor offline ai. There is always something with this game these days that Konami kick us in the nads with - pure, blatant neglect towards their offline playing fan base. I am glad that they are getting so much flak regarding these issues. Treat all of your customers with respect next time, please - release a complete, finished game!

"It’s not just that PES has been found wanting when it comes to new modes, it also delivered a product this year with an (as yet unfixed) deeply problematic bug in the artificial intelligence, rendering offline play tedious and predictable."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/19/fifa...e-pitch-rewarding-off-it-7957302/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

I hope it is ok to put this here. Pes getting a bashing in a Fifa review. It really is hard to believe, that having got the graphics/animations up to a pretty good standard, they would release a pes game with such poor offline ai. There is always something with this game these days that Konami kick us in the nads with - pure, blatant neglect towards their offline playing fan base. I am glad that they are getting so much flak regarding these issues. Treat all of your customers with respect next time, please - release a complete, finished game!

"It’s not just that PES has been found wanting when it comes to new modes, it also delivered a product this year with an (as yet unfixed) deeply problematic bug in the artificial intelligence, rendering offline play tedious and predictable."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/19/fifa...e-pitch-rewarding-off-it-7957302/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Savage! The more the merrier!
Every single bashing is well deserved and long overdue. I just hope its not too late for them. Coz at this point they have lost every last bit of trust and loyalty people had towards them. Even if they come out with some spectacular Pes20, I will not be touching it with a long stick, if they dont fix the AI, and do it promptly, not in December.

The more review like this the merrier as far as I'm concerned, for far too long reviews were giving Konami false praise for the games since PS2 days. I like the fact some reviews are now spending time offline testing the game and seeing just how broken and unfinished the product really is.

Time for Konami to give us answers

Free kicks are far too easy... Scored these in the last couple of days;

The guy has 78 free kick taking but I've scored 2 out of 3 I've had in these types of positions, and the one that didn't go in hit the post...

Free kicks are far too easy... Scored these in the last couple of days;

The guy has 78 free kick taking but I've scored 2 out of 3 I've had in these types of positions, and the one that didn't go in hit the post...

you must be good, I haven't scored one yet using Pjanic, Dybala or CR7

Savage! The more the merrier!
Every single bashing is well deserved and long overdue. I just hope its not too late for them. Coz at this point they have lost every last bit of trust and loyalty people had towards them. Even if they come out with some spectacular Pes20, I will not be touching it with a long stick, if they dont fix the AI, and do it promptly, not in December.

sure but I played the FIFA19 demo, and when I went back to PES it felt like heaven compared to FIFA gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom