PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I will show you my examples because i saved it.
no point mate I've shared examples of things I haven't seen before and also last night majority of attacks were central ...but there has been no patch so no change..

its unquestionable to me it's changed because 3 days ago I couldn't play more than one game , two at most due to constant wing attack. Now I'm not saying it's 100% fixed it's just more varied now. Placebo effects wouldn't show in videos.
Main thing is if you enjoy it.

When was that when they presented adaptive AI?

2017 or 2018?
Could it be that?
Like it kicks in after a couple of weeks?
Should adaptive AI not adapt to a single match and the way you are playing at the moment?
Its not like they have meetings every Friday saying - yo, lads, enough of this low crosses. Lets go through the middle...:LOL:
I honestly think its down to people actually adapting to cover wings better. I still dont see any shots from distance or any skill moves done by AI.
If someone shows me a clip where Coutinho is leaving him behind after some awesome skill move (not just left stick dribble), or having a screamer from outside the box (not just occasional shot from the edge of the box) - then I will start wondering

I will show you my examples because i saved it.

The thing is isolated examples aren't proof of anything, if something had changed it would be obvious. I shouldn't find that the very first match I look at there's multiple on-one-ones where the keeper is still rooted. And I don't think in this case they would change the goalkeeper behavior without also looking at the accuracy of lobbed shots, so you would expect to see a change there as well. People need to remember that the easiest person to fool is yourself.

I tried going back to this last night but it feels so sluggish and unresponsive playing ML.

It's horrendous that a top team with stars galore cannot string a few passes together because someone has a down arrow. Moronic

I experienced changes in the way the game feels, the AI attacking, the goalkeepers even in the demo. There was no patch.

I start to think that the way has Konami to implement variety in the game is tweaking the AI relating to the number of games the user has played or maybe the number of days the user keeps playing the game. First days with the demo the gameplay felt different to the days just before the game was released.

For the Low cross issue I think is related to the Defensive style containtment area Wide. Teammates work together and force the opponent to attack down wide, by restricting space in the center of the field.

Personally i think its down to "load seeds" everytime i load up the game it feels different within a few styles.

Monday 3:34pm i load up and I'm able to play and feel individual speeds, win free kicks and build great plays whilst watching the AI attack through a variety of ways.

Monday 8pm I load up after me tea and now all of a sudden I'm getting OJ Simpson'd down the flanks 98% of the matches i play. My players couldn't string their trainers let alone two passes. Mo Salah has decided he will not run to his speed and will prefer to wear the same slate boots worn by the evergreen Per Mertersaker. I swear i will never play it again and turn it off until....

Wednesday 7pm I load up, Its now a mix of both of these things, plus annoyingly my forwards feel the need to constantly lunge forward and roll the ball back with their studs even when its not needed.

This game is madness, it reminds me of Premier Manager 97 on the Sega Mega Drive where every load was different.

Personally i think its down to "load seeds" everytime i load up the game it feels different within a few styles.

Monday 3:34pm i load up and I'm able to play and feel individual speeds, win free kicks and build great plays whilst watching the AI attack through a variety of ways.

Monday 8pm I load up after me tea and now all of a sudden I'm getting OJ Simpson'd down the flanks 98% of the matches i play. My players couldn't string their trainers let alone two passes. Mo Salah has decided he will not run to his speed and will prefer to wear the same slate boots worn by the evergreen Per Mertersaker. I swear i will never play it again and turn it off until....

Wednesday 7pm I load up, Its now a mix of both of these things, plus annoyingly my forwards feel the need to constantly lunge forward and roll the ball back with their studs even when its not needed.

This game is madness, it reminds me of Premier Manager 97 on the Sega Mega Drive where every load was different.
I'm quite sure my Xbox was having "that week of the month" last night,every football game was absolutely insane giving me horrible games,Pes 19/18/17, FIFA 18,all moody and non compliant

I feel different gameplay too. Keepers on one and one situation moving forward.

I was through on goal the other day and dribbled towards the keeper thinking he wouldn't come of his line, he then ran out to the penalty spot and closed me down and I missed! So they do come out sometimes. I don't have many 1-on-1 situations though so not really experienced much of the sticking to the line problem.

Actually really enjoying my ML career now. I'm in my 3rd season now having won the English Div 2 by 3 points in my second season. Getting team spirit up to over 80/90 has made a hug difference. My keeper can actually make saves now, i can score with headers from crosses. Just really enjoying building my team and it's still a challenge on Professional. Lost 3-0 to Arsenal, but beat Spurs 2-1, so difficulty is just right. 8 points from first 5 games in the Prem. Every match has been different to the one before. If ai could shoot from range and further out a bit more and also go for some low shots rather than trying to blast it into the top corner almost every time, then i would't have any complaints. And some dribbling past players from the ai would be welcome too!

Also, fair play to Konami on fixing fouls. They have just the right amount and have seen plenty of cards for the ai and sending offs.

Sure, I am being serious though, internal bruises are a thing. So I think you are stretching a bit with your complaint, I think the game has enough issues without us making ones that aren't really there.

My Complaint wasn't as much that it was a bruise that caused the injury, i'll take any injury in this game as there are rarely any, my comlaint was that suffering an injury caused by fatigue from over playing, as the game suggested, is ridiculous considering that was the players very first match, he hadn't played before that, so how can it be over-playing fatigue? And also the general language that is used in their notifications, its piss poor english, and often doesnt make any sense, just reeks of amateurism.

I'm sure when Italian users play the game, or french, or German, or Mexican, their menus are translated into proper appropriate languages for their country, so why do we have to keep putting up with this japanglish nonsense.

@Chris Davies Wheres all this aggression you speak of mate? I haven't seen any, maybe i just missed it.

There has been no game play patch, game play is the same, for the 134,456,656th time.

It all started going downhill after Your vile,bad attitude post.
Lucky Your still around here,albeit on the radar.

Hmm,I did edit my PL in to a Serie A and Championship in to a Serie B only to find out that English league (now Serie A) only allows 7 bench players.
Guess it's back to square one and having a go at L1&L2.
This D2 thing is really messing things up

Hmm,I did edit my PL in to a Serie A and Championship in to a Serie B only to find out that English league (now Serie A) only allows 7 bench players.
Guess it's back to square one and having a go at L1&L2.
This D2 thing is really messing things up
It is pain in the ass but you'll get used to it. Play around with game plan, stick your most frequent subs on top, throw GK out of there and then, before each match just do little tweaks based on players forms to have 7 strong subs. After a while you wont notice much difference

It is pain in the ass but you'll get used to it. Play around with game plan, stick your most frequent subs on top, throw GK out of there and then, before each match just do little tweaks based on players forms to have 7 strong subs. After a while you wont notice much difference
Yeah I'll probably stick to that.
Just played a game Vs Sassuolo and surprisingly good gameplay from the CPU,but my manual passing was off,felt wrong in this game, usually have around 72-78%,now I was 60%?
And it wasn't because they pressured me,passes just went wrong.
Very strange

Yeah I'll probably stick to that.
Just played a game Vs Sassuolo and surprisingly good gameplay from the CPU,but my manual passing was off,felt wrong in this game, usually have around 72-78%,now I was 60%?
And it wasn't because they pressured me,passes just went wrong.
Very strange
Yeah, you dont need full bench. 7 is enough. One CB (in case of injury), one SB, 3/4xMF's, 1/2xCF..
It's too much effort to swap all the leagues again..
You still on same settings? Top Player, -1 speed?
Some games just have worse passing overall..
Unless there was a patch! Dont mention patches!!! ;) :LOL:

Yeah, you dont need full bench. 7 is enough. One CB (in case of injury), one SB, 3/4xMF's, 1/2xCF..
It's too much effort to swap all the leagues again..
You still on same settings? Top Player, -1 speed?
Some games just have worse passing overall..
Unless there was a patch! Dont mention patches!!! ;) :LOL:
Yes sir.
Replaying the game again,or one half,gotta run soon,but it's a different feeling in this one as well.
Not complaining,better now than before

Its no patch, no placebo or anything else. Its beeing your own playing style, they way of defending or attacking in general, some play pressing the other more conservative, some like a smooth and slow built up, other's can not wait and want attack all the time without playing like its in real football game, some play a alot tiki taka, others like to plas tge ball around and back if there ist no good opportunities to attack and so on and on. This is not an excuse for konamis bad coding, but i can imagine thats the reason why many people have different opinions about the ai. I think cpu reacts very different with above named reasons. Moreover every little change in the tactics influence the whole game you play and you play against. The wheater, the matchtime, players form, players conditions and much more little things which end up with this discussion if they patch it without update, placebo or not.
Thtas my opinion on that topic.

It all started going downhill after Your vile,bad attitude post.
Lucky Your still around here,albeit on the radar.

LMAO :LMAO: Care to point me in the direction of my 'vile' post ? I'm confused here.

All I've done is repeatedly point out that there has been no game play patch, which is fact. Yet people seem to swear that the game has received some magical update that was delivered by invisible console fairies without the need for any kind of physical update or DLC or anything else.
I pointed out that seeing the LCS being rampant one session, and then reduced the next is not because of this magical invisible patch, but because its session to session variance which has been in PES since the beginning, again, a FACT.

You must have a strange interpretation of the term 'vile'
To me 'Vile' means a disgusting form of behaviour, morally bad, or wicked.

How is pointing out FACTS on a forum (by the way forum means: A medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.) vile?

The very definition of a forum is to express an opinion ( that the game play hasn't changed) openly and invite others to contribute to that opinion, which they have.

Vile? Seriously? wow.

Last edited:
Its no patch, no placebo or anything else. Its beeing your own playing style, they way of defending or attacking in general, some play pressing the other more conservative, some like a smooth and slow built up, other's can not wait and want attack all the time without playing like its in real football game, some play a alot tiki taka, others like to plas tge ball around and back if there ist no good opportunities to attack and so on and on. This is not an excuse for konamis bad coding, but i can imagine thats the reason why many people have different opinions about the ai. I think cpu reacts very different with above named reasons. Moreover every little change in the tactics influence the whole game you play and you play against. The wheater, the matchtime, players form, players conditions and much more little things which end up with this discussion if they patch it without update, placebo or not.
That explains pretty much everything but the low cross inferno that plagued us in the beginning,from every team ,no matter the circumstances.
Which is toned down a great deal now.
But for the rest of your post,spot on.
If I'm angry or inpatient when playing,just putting pressure every where,spamming run button etc,the CPU plays very different Vs me holding formation and not chase.
Good post

Reactions: Dom

anyone with sense can see from miles away that anybody who plays PES 2019 is playing themselves.

Edit : I just read that back ...it says "playing themselves" not "playing with themselves"....although....both statements could be accurate :ROCK:

That explains pretty much everything but the low cross inferno that plagued us in the beginning,from every team ,no matter the circumstances.
Which is toned down a great deal now.
But for the rest of your post,spot on.
If I'm angry or inpatient when playing,just putting pressure every where,spamming run button etc,the CPU plays very different Vs me holding formation and not chase.
Good post

Maybe its the circumstances change because of better defending and the intentions to stop this fu****** low crosses. Because of the knowledge that konami programming is very strange, maybe the can influence the gameplay with that weekly playerupdates without somebody notice it. I mean i think its not the case but i would match Konamis working method.

All I've done is repeatedly point out that there has been no game play patch, which is fact.

Pretty sure you could have done that without letting Satan himself take control over your body first.

Pmv3FpK.png

I would really like for you to keep your posts a tiny tad more civil especially if aimed at one of our mods. Neither of us is stupid, so there's no need for playing dumb and going LMAO all of a sudden. You've been told off, take it like a man and move on.

Maybe its the circumstances change because of better defending and the intentions to stop this fu****** low crosses. Because of the knowledge that konami programming is very strange, maybe the can influence the gameplay with that weekly playerupdates without somebody notice it. I mean i think its not the case but i would match Konamis working method.
Yeah I'm quite sure is something done via live updates,they don't shoot/dribble more,but the tiki taka low cross is toned down for sure
I hardly touched this game until a few days ago,and it played horrible then, perfectly ok now.
Wouldn't suprise merpif they snucked something in.
Nevertheless,I'm enjoying it more now for sure

this game is dying so fast
just realized the game was released not even a month ago!
myclub is full of super teams , konami thank you for the feature players
ml is broken and dull, ai is predictable and boring
just can't enjoy this game both online and offline

We dont know, but it would play in their hands for sure. Every year the changelog is not very clear, maybe they will not admit that all twitter stuff and the fact there are issues is the truth. For that they change something and see and await reaction. To officially patch the game for issues (low crosses, gk stay on line...) means that the dont test it enough and especially that they released an unfinished product. But thats anyone's guess

Pretty sure you could have done that without letting Satan himself take control over your body first.

Pmv3FpK.png

I would really like for you to keep your posts a tiny tad more civil especially if aimed at one of our mods. Neither of us is stupid, so there's no need for playing dumb and going LMAO all of a sudden. You've been told off, take it like a man and move on.

Right, to put this to bed, if my pointing out of facts has offended somebody, then I apologise, but to be called 'vile' for stating a fact is a little disrespectful also.
Lets not turn this into an Asim blocking everyone who doesn't kiss his butt type scenario, its meant to be an open forum, for open discussion, and people need to be able to voice opinion without being 'threatened'.

With that being said, SuperLeeds, apologies if you took my comments (which I genuinely did not mean to offend) offensively, and Tom, I will word my frustrations and comments in a more civil way in future, and in return I'd hope the mods and everyone else respects my opinions and the fact that i'm just another frustrated fan trying to get soemthing out of a broken game.

Right, to put this to bed, if my pointing out of facts has offended somebody, then I apologise, but to be called 'vile' for stating a fact is a little disrespectful also.
Lets not turn this into an Asim blocking everyone who doesn't kiss his butt type scenario, its meant to be an open forum, for open discussion, and people need to be able to voice opinion without being 'threatened'.

With that being said, SuperLeeds, apologies if you took my comments (which I genuinely did not mean to offend) offensively, and Tom, I will word my frustrations and comments in a more civil way in future, and in return I'd hope the mods and everyone else respects my opinions and the fact that i'm just another frustrated fan trying to get soemthing out of a broken game.

What a classy reply. Cheers, my good man!

^^^^^^

for what its worth i been reading the forum for a few weeks now. seen some informative posts from PJR about the game

haven't taken offence from anything from PJR

i know sometimes I post stuff that might be a bit dodge but its all with good intention to generate a bit of humour to combat the frustrations and i hope you continue to see it that way.

keep up the good work, forum folks.

Back
Top Bottom