PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

So, anyway... :LOL:
I switched it on to play one game, since we have such a weird experiences today.
Top player, 20mins, manual passes, adv.shots, the usual.

Picked Man.Utd against Barcelona.
Didnt change formations, just played around with attack/defense tactics.

They had few low crosses, nothing major.
They also had good few tiki-taka back heels, but I suppose its Barcelona after all.

Game finished 2-2.

I can say one thing - I will not consider this game patched or fixed as long as I dont see any dribbling or long shots from AI. Especially, when I play against Barcelona. They should be dancing around me and fire at me from each and every angle.
I think we just got better in defending and I think we, subconciously, are securing wings at the back, so AI dont have space to pass the ball.

On a positive note, here's another nice Advanced Shot from distance. Again - done by me, obviously.

Peace to all. No point getting angry over Konami.

I don't think it's placebo, last week i didn't see a high cross for love or money then i get 3-4 in the same game, over around five or six games.
At the end of the day the developers and Adam operate on a different level, i don't think they'll feel the need to communicate gameplay changes. They NEVER have, other than "a variety to modes etc and gameplay expierence" occasionally.
It's clear they are on a different page to Adam, the job he'll need to do to change what PES requires much more than some English bloke working in the same city. It's a culture change, they have their vision and their too stubborn most of the time to say if there's issues or if there's a gameplay patch and what that contains.

EA/Sports Interactive are far better at this, they have detailed patch notes etc, which is why i feel Konami change the game quietly - balancing it out, and eventually they'll say there's an update. The update may well contain gameplay changes but i suspect they're doing the balancing currently and they're putting "fixes" in place that solve some issues but not all - however these fixes are going live without any communication.

They have had to communicate the ML issue because the fix requires restarting ML! unbelievable really, i don't think they would have done that if they didn't realise this.. pretty awful for those who have invested time in the mode already.

regarding the so-called 'scripting' discussion:

yes, i do believe scripting exists in PES. but certainly not to such an extent that you are completely chanceless throughout the whole game. i rather think there are phases during a match which try to reflect some sort of 'powerplay' or whatever.

but sometimes there are indeed games where i am just not able to do ANYTHING properly, i'm sure everyone who played pes online knows exactly what i mean. you lose every 1on1 situation, every second ball goes to the opponent, you can't score the clearest chances etc... so i tried figuring out what could cause this.

i noticed that such strange behaviour happens mostly against people with rather poor internet connections and therefore during laggy games. it is known konami uses some sort of 'lag compensation' in order to adjust/align both connections. so let's say player1 has a ping of 30ms and player2 90ms:

player2 would have a huge disadvantage because of the delay gap, and that's quite unfair of course.

you might remember the pes5 online era without any lag compensation where the game's host switched during halftime. during the half hosted by the opponent you pretty much had no chance to score a goal because of the delay. (the host didn't have any artificial delay back then)

so lag compensation in general is a good idea, unfortunately it is implemented very poorly. bottom of line: the player with worse connection has a huge advantage. yes, that is actually the case.

why do i think that? because recently i had a few matches like that and then did the following after halftime:

i went to uploaded.com and uploaded some large file with full upload bandwith so my ping went up to like 200-300ms. (usually i have 8-10ms)

i turned the tables so that now i had the inferior connection. in halftime two lag compensation was restricting not mine but the opponent's connection in order to balance the latency gap between us.

et voila: i suddenly dominated the rest of the game easily and the opponent couldn't do anything about it. it was exactly the other way round now. i won pretty much every 50/50 situation, my AI players were super apparent, always ahead of their opponents and i scored one goal after another.

verdict: lag compensation is a great idea but implemented very poorly so the one with better internet gets a massive disadvantage. sounds crazy, but we all know konami...

for now this is just my theory but i'm pretty sure this will be confirmed by others, too.

feel free to try it and let me know what happens.

Also one thing noticed,not really in the"changed game play" but something related to games it self.
Not enough intensity.
There's a massive step down from Pes 17-18.
Could be me on -1 game speed,but I'm also using it on 17-18

Elaborate on that. What exactly do you mean? Some examples?
Ps. Im curious, thats all. Not starting anything here...;) :LOL:
Ha ha,all good,you know CPU bombarding you with crosses/shots, loads of scrambles in front of goal etc
It feels more "laid back" than 17-18
At least to me.
How do you feel the game in that department?
I saw @hitmanuk stream last night,that had tons of intensity,but he's on 0 game speed.

Ha ha,all good,you know CPU bombarding you with crosses/shots, loads of scrambles in front of goal etc
At least to me.
I saw @hitmanuk stream last night,that had tons of intensity,but he's on 0 game speed.

Using Klashman's tactics and the ai mod by incas I've had I had a game on legend where City bombarded me with 19 shots in a game. I only had 3 lol (Playing as Wolves). Kind've embarrassing that a modders done this in two weeks.

Using Klashman's tactics and the ai mod by incas I've had I had a game on legend where City bombarded me with 19 shots in a game. I only had 3 lol (Playing as Wolves). Kind've embarrassing that a modders done this in two weeks.
I'm on console so the patch is a no go.
But as soon as @klashman69 sets up Serie A tactics I'll get them,they're usually very good.
Still only Pl tactics made right?
Thx for the advice though, appreciated mate.
I had my backs to the wall when starting to play this game, could've been the team I played vs

At least to me.
I have mixed feelings about it.

For me, personally, intensity from Pes18 was one of the reasons I didnt like this game. It felt unnatural and artificially pumped up. Everything was fast, even on -1 speed.
It was arcady.

Pes19 toned it down and made it more realistic, so from that perspective I really like it.
There are some cons to it tho. Slowing the game and bringing a lot of different animations had also lowered responsiveness.

I'll give you example. Last night COM had a high through ball into my penalty box. I used Super Cancel to get in front of the attacker. When the ball was about to touch my player I pressed circle to clear it (probably should have used square, but anyway).. My defender took the ball on his chest, then started adjusting his body, and it was so, god damn, long, that their attacker simply took the ball from me and scored. There was nothing i could do there. Power bar was up, but long animation caused me a goal.
Situations like this are very annoying. But I suppose - realism has its price.

I think that when (if) AI will start to dribble and having long shots on goal it will also bring intensity and drama up, and it will be perfect.
For the moment, defenses were moved deeper, players are positioning themselves better, and as a result we are getting slower build ups most of the time.

Here is only one half from the match I played before I leave. Spain vs Croatia (me). To player, full manual. Don't judge my skills becouse I just played to record the game and show that AI definately play different. I played against Spain pre patch and they bombarded me with low crosses. Take few minutes and look how Spain play, with only one or two exceptions from ai decisions I can't find anything wrong. Game ended 2-0 with second goal from Silva who was one on one with my keeper and keeper leave the goal line by himself but Silva scored. Second goal was not recorded becouse I already started to upload the video but that goal from Costa is breath of fresh air...

I have mixed feelings about it.

For me, personally, intensity from Pes18 was one of the reasons I didnt like this game. It felt unnatural and artificially pumped up. Everything was fast, even on -1 speed.
It was arcady.

Pes19 toned it down and made it more realistic, so from that perspective I really like it.
There are some cons to it tho. Slowing the game and bringing a lot of different animations had also lowered responsiveness.

I'll give you example. Last night COM had a high through ball into my penalty box. I used Super Cancel to get in front of the attacker. When the ball was about to touch my player I pressed circle to clear it (probably should have used square, but anyway).. My defender took the ball on his chest, then started adjusting his body, and it was so, god damn, long, that their attacker simply took the ball from me and scored. There was nothing i could do there. Power bar was up, but long animation caused me a goal.
Situations like this are very annoying. But I suppose - realism has its price.

I think that when (if) AI will start to dribble and having long shots on goal it will also bring intensity and drama up, and it will be perfect.
For the moment, defenses were moved deeper, players are positioning themselves better, and as a result we are getting slower build ups most of the time.
Yes,I think if and when shots and dribbling is there it gets more intense.
And Vs 18 the realism in controlling the players it's really good,I've scored some really great goals.
So I think the realism is there,but as long as the shots etc aren't,it's missing out on intensity

I played one to test it, and there do seem to be some differences. I don't remember the AI doing this before (Legend difficulty);

Low cross spam was still there, but they seemed to be more willing to shoot...

I played one to test it, and there do seem to be some differences. I don't remember the AI doing this before (Legend difficulty);

Low cross spam was still there, but they seemed to be more willing to shoot...
The CPU definitly would have pot shots since Day 1....its still very rare though and the CPU 90% of the time will try the low cross spam....

Please guys....there is NO gameplay patch. As @Chris Davies said above....if Konami read these forums and everyone is saying that Konami have fixed the game or that you're happy with it now, they're never going to fix it!!

Its placebo...one person says a patch is released. Then another says "This feels different now!"

then before we know it these placebo effect rumours spread and we all think we've got a new game!!

There is no gameplay patch as of yet....it still plays the same.

Knowing that the upcoming PES 2019 mobile will use Unreal Engine 4...

I fully expect PES 2020 to switch to UE4 too. There were rumors about an engine change next year right?

I suppose Konami doesn’t want to spend resources and time on an in-house engine again.

A few of the celebrations/ML screens come across as being very... "Japanese"...

wlli5ca1fkj11.jpg

I think if you listen to this while you play PES you will enjoy it more :

What scouts you need to get Ross?

Sure, I am being serious though, internal bruises are a thing. So I think you are stretching a bit with your complaint, I think the game has enough issues without us making ones that aren't really there.
It is there though. The point is it's terribly written and incredibly amateur. A bit like "LIVERPOOL have signed X. SHAQIRI from STOKE CITY!" or "R. FIRMINO is a fan favourite. They are calling his El Capitan!"

Shite.

EDIT: Just seen @Chris Davies post; sorry if the aggression was related to this topic and I've brought it up again. Only saw post afterwards.

It is there though. The point is it's terribly written and incredibly amateur. A bit like "LIVERPOOL have signed X. SHAQIRI from STOKE CITY!" or "R. FIRMINO is a fan favourite. They are calling his El Capitan!"

Shite.

EDIT: Just seen @Chris Davies post; sorry if the aggression was related to this topic and I've brought it up again. Only saw post afterwards.
The entire game is like it was made by bunch of teenagers. From menus, through screenshots (this picture above is just embarassing), ML notes, all through commentary.
The more I listen to Jim Beglin the more I hate him.
Last night I had an absolute cannon shot (as we know they are quite rare in pes19), I hit the post, keeper didnt even blink...
You know what they said?
- "high class goalkeeping to back up his high class wage..." :LOL:

Today i had some strange things...

Keeper rushed out.
CPU tried long balls and even a long shot and some dribbles
High crosses (R2 ones into the box by CPU)
Superstar felt natural rather than "cheaty" - something has changed in the gameplay. I think they're tweaking it with the updates, it's not perfect at all, but certainly feels different and more varied than before.
I suspect they don't want to admit they fudged up the AI so badly, the low cross issue will be solved before the keepers i think.

Nothing has changed trust me

The CPU definitly would have pot shots since Day 1....its still very rare though and the CPU 90% of the time will try the low cross spam....

Please guys....there is NO gameplay patch. As @Chris Davies said above....if Konami read these forums and everyone is saying that Konami have fixed the game or that you're happy with it now, they're never going to fix it!!

Its placebo...one person says a patch is released. Then another says "This feels different now!"

then before we know it these placebo effect rumours spread and we all think we've got a new game!!

There is no gameplay patch as of yet....it still plays the same.
I'm 99% sure you're right, however the gameplay mod by incas36 edits the dt18_x64.cpk file which is just 13.1MB. It doesn't seem too far-fetched that they could slip something in with a Live Update, or at the same time it downloads the information for the "online information" when you boot the game rather than through an official patch with a changelog... Of all companies to do something like that, Konami would surprise me the least.

The more likely situation is that it's placebo effect, I accept that. I just hadn't seen the CPU do that kind of shot in my gif for a long time (if ever) and it happened in the first game after seeing the discussion going on here.

I'm on console so the patch is a no go.
But as soon as @klashman69 sets up Serie A tactics I'll get them,they're usually very good.
Still only Pl tactics made right?
Thx for the advice though, appreciated mate.
I had my backs to the wall when starting to play this game, could've been the team I played vs

Where u came from?

I mean where are you from,cause i read that you playing with italian team...it would be just a simple question :)
Ha ha,sorry I thought you were starting something.
Sorry man :PP
Sweden,but I've always been a fan of Serie A,which is the league I follow except my own.
Supporting Roma.
Ive always thought that playing Serie A/B is great on Pes,well except this year with no Serie B.
You as Italian do you play Serie A?

Back
Top Bottom