PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

from where i'm reading I think they took the balancing to another level

y'know how some MyClub accounts are blessed (or maybe you don't), I think same applies with the actual game you get.

feels like a big experiment.

e.g. what % of the user base do we need to optimise the game for to better last years revenue (the less the better financially)

pesfan forum was rife with complaints about script and that's why i think it got taken down.

an example of what i'm saying is if I can work out who posts regularly here and deliver them the good version of the game then rep goes up (at the same time you are leaving others to wallow). if you catch my drift.

giphy.gif

The battering @OfficialPES and Bhatti are getting everytime they tweet is quite something. Even the myClub drones are ripping into them. I’ve never known backlash quite like this when it comes to PES.

The shit has hit the proverbial fan.

I actually can’t think of a company or service, in any field, which is as incompetent, unprofessional and living in the dark ages as much as Konami...I actually can’t think of one company.

My own position is that session variance is most likely responsible for this morning's positive ...it's just quite remarkable how good the ai have been

I certainly wouldn't want konami thinking all is well, so I hereby retract all positive statements made today!

Does anyone have the creeping feeling of sameness to their attacks?
I'm talking less about team id and more about the range of attacks the game permits full stop.
I cannot remember a single good team goal I've scored, of the type Barca and man city etc score regularly.
Or the type we could put together with some learning in pes 3,4,5 especially and pes 13, 15 and hell even in the dark days of pes 09.

I feel like retreating defences is the problem. Since they ruined pes 2017 with the mid year patch that intro'd it, it feels like the game is canned in some way.

They don't listen community. I sent them a lot of feedback but thet don't answer me. What is a problem to create option in EDIT MODE to put jpg/png files for own banners? like a kits? What is a problem to make all editable baners in game? Don't get their mentality.

Well.. I'm tired of getting disappointed. Actually I think the fundament for a great game is the biggest in several years. But I'm tired of getting disappointed. Tired of seeing a game get released in July but not working until May.

I decided to buy the game because my price was 13 euro, I did it. But my first feeling was right, and it would be the last time.

They don't listen community. I sent them a lot of feedback but thet don't answer me. What is a problem to create option in EDIT MODE to put jpg/png files for own banners? like a kits? What is a problem to make all editable baners in game? Don't get their mentality.
its not their mentality....they're simply inept

they are a company with communication issues....they dont know how to relate to their customer base and they think that people want pointless licenses for leagues in countries like Colombia and Denmark etc [no disrespect to Colombia and Denmark just using example]

What we really want is fixed gameplay, a stadium editor and a brand new master league with lots of new features

If only the community would protest online human vs human scripting like they do an abundance of low crosses in a one player game.

Man that's crazy.

you are set up.

i'm still here dabbling on whether to get PES 19/Fifa or skip both but this just makes me think I missed the boat with 19 (if they fix the game - if the don't then meh).

if they fix the game/myclub you'll be laughing when I'll be busting a gut just to spin one black ball

The issue with low end leagues is that pes often handles low end games poorly in my experience.

It simply slows them down as if lower league players are all weaker and significantly slower than premier league players for instance.
There may be a small speed difference but not as much as konami seem to think

Because stats don't impact passing and shooting enough, the lower skill level is poorly recreated. And because the physics engine is limited, the hustle and bustle of those leagues is missing.

I've tried the Swiss and Danish leagues and I really want to like them but I felt quite bored playing them.

Pes now seems to thrive for me in the mid range teams. It's makes many of the league additions redundant for me.

hey you cannot edit banners??? oh well...my solution that i was referring to in my sig was getting everyone to edit their banners/team names to "PES AI is BS" or "bhatti out" or something like that so that it gets more attention..

Back to the drawing board.

Does anyone have the creeping feeling of sameness to their attacks?
I'm talking less about team id and more about the range of attacks the game permits full stop.
I cannot remember a single good team goal I've scored, of the type Barca and man city etc score regularly.
Or the type we could put together with some learning in pes 3,4,5 especially and pes 13, 15 and hell even in the dark days of pes 09.

I feel like retreating defences is the problem. Since they ruined pes 2017 with the mid year patch that intro'd it, it feels like the game is canned in some way.

Agree. Full of tap ins, rebounds, and feeding off AI mistakes. For me this started last year with PES 18 when they seemed to reduce player responsiveness among other things.

Also had a good laugh on Tuesday night when Lucas Moura took out two Internazionale players and left them for dead. This is now thoroughly impossible on PES.

hey you cannot edit banners??? oh well...my solution that i was referring to in my sig was getting everyone to edit their banners/team names to "PES AI is BS" or "bhatti out" or something like that so that it gets more attention..

Back to the drawing board.

You can edit like 6 years ago.Edit banners manually writting for example MANCHESTER UNITED x5 etc. but you can't edit existing banners like Attack,attack,belive,together,love etc. I want put jpg files with my own banners. I don't want see this kind of banners like attack, love. It's looks horrible! KONAMI don't give us proper banners and KONAMI don't give us option to change existing banners.

I have missed the point. Was the update/fix for ML AI transfer today or not? :CONF:
There has been no official word from Konami at all that a patch was coming today, none.

The bottom line is that Japan just do not 'get' real football, there is a huge cultural difference and they simply do not understand the intricacies that surround the sport.
There is also a barrier between the devs and anyone else, Adam can move to Tokyo and sit in the same office as the devs, but ultimately he has zero influence, Japan will do what they want to do regardless of Adam, or any community input.

You only have to look at the language used within the game being 'japanglish' to see this.
See below:

"The diagnosis is bruise" WTF?

Secondly, it was the 6th game of the season, and the first time this player has ever played, so over fatigue is rubbish, and when do you ever suffer a bruise from being tired?

28utmdj.png

There has been no official word from Konami at all that a patch was coming today, none.

The bottom line is that Japan just do not 'get' real football, there is a huge cultural difference and they simply do not understand the intricacies that surround the sport.
There is also a barrier between the devs and anyone else, Adam can move to Tokyo and sit in the same office as the devs, but ultimately he has zero influence, Japan will do what they want to do regardless of Adam, or any community input.

You only have to look at the language used within the game being 'japanglish' to see this.
See below:

Secondly, it was the 6th game of the season, and the first time this player has ever played, so over fatigue is rubbish, and when do you ever suffer a bruise from being tired?

28utmdj.png

That is the queen's english.

Queen Mamatunde of Botswana.

U Seiffert hurt.
Diagnosis bruise.
Sideline until December.
Fatigue cause.

Yo! Join my CLub. Its called SNTMEIPARLCCS (see my sig for details).

my plan for today: going home, eat, drink, start console, play same match like last night, play it again with video stream at youtube! link will be provided later! maaaaaybe i'll even talk to you in chat! ;)
and damn me... if it aint like last night! :D

edit: ...und feierabend (end of working day)! :)

See below:

A few of the celebrations/ML screens come across as being very... "Japanese"...

wlli5ca1fkj11.jpg

Agree. Full of tap ins, rebounds, and feeding off AI mistakes. For me this started last year with PES 18 when they seemed to reduce player responsiveness among other things.

Also had a good laugh on Tuesday night when Lucas Moura took out two Internazionale players and left them for dead. This is now thoroughly impossible on PES.

Glad it's not just me. No matter how hard I try, or how I set up my team, those either sweeping longer or shorter intricate moves just don't play out. And the defences are like a block so your own offensive players have nowhere to go. It feels like a cheap way of keeping scores down.

I saw that with Moira and thought similarly. Also in Liverpool vs psg, the few times psg front three clicked and moved through liverpooks midfield and defences with quick interchanges where they all kept moving forward...you can't do that now, because you can't take midfielder and defenders out of the game. They're either out of position or in a fixed block shuffling away from you. (I remember pes 2015 on ps3 which was a brilliant game. The patterns of play you could weave with ibra/cavani and Moura, BBC at real, Bayern quartet, they would have your heart pounding and you out of your seat).
I recall the pes lead developer or even seabass saying that until 2014, they developed pes from the pov of who you were controlling. Everything chained from there (which is why we could improvise constantly on the ball, for me this was the unique strength of pes). Then they moved to developing from a team/11 players point of view, the collective. As they've moved further in this direction, it feels as if the game has lost its intensity, it's visceral edge, it's blood and guts.

Two days ago I played my ML game between Milan and Frosinone 3 Times,different difficulty each time,same 20 manual on all though
Today I replayed it once more,TP 20 Min manual.
Did the game play differently?
It did.

Still low crosses,but not the ones where the CPU tiki taka on a wing then cross.
They still crossed low,more naturally though,down the wings and then hard low cross in.

They did cross directly to their team mates feet a few times who then turn around and takes a shoot,still there.
But before they did it 10-15 times a game,now 2-3 times top.

More high crosses,I hardly saw that before,no shots outside the box.
One thing that stood out,and it's connected to the "tiki taka then cross" is the passing stats.
I wrote a while back that the CPU out passes me by 25-50% each game.
If I have 180,they have 250+.
Today 189 v 196
So,not jumping to conclusions,but felt different from before,and stats are in for it as well.

Btw,the low crosses in to feet,I could defend those quite easily,couldn't do that before.
I enjoyed it.
Might play a few more.

If,and a big if,if they changed something which me and a few others seen,how?
Is it via live update?

Today i had some strange things...

Keeper rushed out.
CPU tried long balls and even a long shot and some dribbles
High crosses (R2 ones into the box by CPU)
Superstar felt natural rather than "cheaty" - something has changed in the gameplay. I think they're tweaking it with the updates, it's not perfect at all, but certainly feels different and more varied than before.
I suspect they don't want to admit they fudged up the AI so badly, the low cross issue will be solved before the keepers i think.

My pes 2019 is fully up to date on PS4.

Just played a match in master league. Superstar difficulty. 12 min matches.

First thing that happens....CPU (Millwall) gets the ball to the wing, low cross on floor, my defender freezes and their striker scores.

I rage....turn off PS4 and go back to Fifa demo.

Back
Top Bottom