PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Broadcasting now until wife comes home 10 mins ish

It says a lot to me that this gameplay is supposed to be improved. I watched most of it and I saw you get one on one with their keeper (who is still glued to the line) twice in quick succession because the AI defenders were oblivious to your attackers, I then saw you concede to a horrible backheel in the box goal, and finally saw a couple of low passes into the box from the byline when it would have made more sense to high cross.

So as @hitmanuk advised, I booted the game. Went straight to exhibition match. Pressed R3 to activate the OF. I choose the same teams as him, Arsenal vs. Manchester United. I choose the stadium and sunny daytime conditions. I did not go into gameplan. I switched professional difficulty to top player for the first time in PES2019. 20 min matches as always. Random form player. Some nike ball.
I got slaughtered but who cares. I can play a little better but LeBron James is a beast.
These are the highlights:
And now, you guys tell me!! :)

Edit: the colours will look shXX because of HDR. But just for showing purposes don’t mind them please.

So as @hitmanuk advised, I booted the game. Went straight to exhibition match. Pressed R3 to activate the OF. I choose the same teams as him, Arsenal vs. Manchester United. I choose the stadium and sunny daytime conditions. I did not go into gameplan. I switched professional difficulty to top player for the first time in PES2019. 20 min matches as always. Random form player. Some nike ball.
I got slaughtered but who cares. I can play a little better but LeBron James is a beast.

Edit: the colours will look shXX because of HDR. But just for showing purposes don’t mind them please.

Hmmm... Looks good to me... Perhaps the issue was fixed already in the latest patch for Top Player difficulty...

So you are playing on top player, with pass assist set to 'o' and the game now plays better? I am seeing players shoot from outside the box. WTF?!

Has anyone seen the keeper save a shot where you pass to a player in the box with their back to goal, spin round and shoot? In my experience the shot on the turn seems to be unstoppable and a guaranteed goal every time which would be something to add to the list of game breaking bugs.

Did you see how Roma conceded their 2nd goal on the weekend? 3-4 defenders let a guy turn and bobble a shot past the keeper lol.

Respect to you guys who play with broadcast camera.

It looks great for the viewer but playing in that mode is far too quick for me...it gives me a headache!

Agreed. Looks good for a bit then the motion becomes a bit much.
I play on custom 7-3-5 and it's a nice balance between seeing some of the pitch and being closer in to the players.

Played the 2019 demo after a game of the retail 2018 version - is it mainly pitch textures that have improved from a visuals perspective?

Hmmm... Looks good to me... Perhaps the issue was fixed already in the latest patch for Top Player difficulty...
I tried every difficulty after the patch, didn't resemble this. I've just had a quick go again st rangers ..they were all over me , won 2-0 ..i couldn't string passes together due to pressing..enjoyed though first goal they went through one on one..no hesitation ..bang

It says a lot to me that this gameplay is supposed to be improved. I watched most of it and I saw you get one on one with their keeper (who is still glued to the line) twice in quick succession because the AI defenders were oblivious to your attackers, I then saw you concede to a horrible backheel in the box goal, and finally saw a couple of low passes into the box from the byline when it would have made more sense to high cross.
yeah the backheel was a cheap one but it's only happened once now on 6 games not twice a game. You need to try yourself with more teams mate see of you like it , if you don't I'd just move on. The improvement meets my needs.

Last night I played 5 matches in CL mode. 15min, Top Player, manual passes, advanced shots. Won one, drew one, lost 3.
Played with Leverkusen against Porto, Galatasarai and Sparta Prague.

Havent seen one shot from outside the box done by AI. Approx 80% of goals conceived were from the sneaky pass from the wing.

When I was blocking them, AI was almost stopping the whole action, waiting for the wing to be available.

To me - nothing changed.

On a positive note - nice goal from distance. Done by me, obviously.

i dont what that was last night, but i had the best match in 2019 for now.
you all have seen the replay highligts. i have the whole match video on disk.
why was it that different (trust me, i know my PES)? what has changed?

it was so varied it was crazy. MANunited did not spam cross from the wings!!! i swear! see those lukaku blasts from pen box or outside. see R2 shots from 8 meter into far upper goal side... FROM AI!!

had another go, same settings on professional (like always) and the wing cross was back, even if not that
frequently!
i then started my last match, wich was a new uefa cup sesson. i choose ROMA and the first match in the group stage (set it to top player) was great. varied from the AI, but as it was a lower rated team not that hard to conquer!

i'm really not buying into placebo. and i'm holding my horses... but like @hitmanuk said: i'll go back to the console with a very good feeling tonight! :)

i really dont knwo what it is guys! just want to be honest like always. should i do a stream tonight!?
edit: i won't be commenting much more on this video right now. need to play more to see whats really up. make your own opinion. ;)
@Matt10 (and everyone else interessted) can you have a look at the highlights please!? would it be helpfull to upload the whole match for analysis!? whats your opinion?

Last edited:
i really dont knwo what it is guys! just want to be honest like always
I have no idea what is going on myself. Im not saying that you guys are lying. I believe you. And Im also being honest.

I thought that, maybe, like transfer patch note says - it will not affect old saves and you have to start fresh. So I did. Fresh CL.
Same thing. Played on Top Player like you guys
(btw. Thanks, @rockstrongo - HUM passing on Top Player do seems better and (when Im on the ball its really enjoyable)

Oh and remaining 20% of goals i conceives was CPU destroying top corner of the goal from 6 yards. Not a single low shot either.

No idea whats happening..

I have no idea what is going on myself. Im not saying that you guys are lying. I believe you. And Im also being honest.

I thought that, maybe, like transfer patch note says - it will not affect old saves and you have to start fresh. So I did. Fresh CL.
(btw. Thanks, @rockstrongo - HUM passing on Top Player do seems better and (when Im on the ball its really enjoyable)

Oh and remaining 20% of goals i conceives was CPU destroying top corner of the goal from 6 yards. Not a single low shot either.

No patch comes out today yet

it was so varied it was crazy. MANunited did not spam cross from the wings!!! i swear! see those lukaku blasts from pen box or outside. see R2 shots from 8 meter into far upper goal side... FROM AI!!

had another go, same settings on professional (like always) and the wing cross was back, even if not that
frequently!
i then started my last match, wich was a new uefa cup sesson. i choose ROMA and the first match in the group stage (set it to top player) was great. varied from the AI, but as it was a lower rated team not that hard to conquer!

i'm really not buying into placebo. and i'm holding my horses... but like @hitmanuk said: i'll go back to the console with a very good feeling tonight! :)

i really dont knwo what it is guys! just want to be honest like always. should i do a stream tonight!?
edit: i won't be commenting much more on this video right now. need to play more to see whats really up. make your own opinion. ;)
@Matt10 (and everyone else interessted) can you have a look at the highlights please!? would it be helpfull to upload the whole match for analysis!? whats your opinion?

Same for me. Just played vs mode vs Juventus as Barce on superstar. I even saw Dybala do a skill move. Not 1 pass into the box. Great game. They were spraying the ball around in midfield, less hectic. More testing when home. Very strange, as I was in the camp that agree the low cross was a msssive issue.

frequently!

Were the keepers still glued to there line?

yeah Em, i know. its difficult. i dont know if i have a reputation here or something (to put at risk) but i never lied!!
i will set up a stream tonight to show. will do the same match from last night before. if it works out like last night, i will be online with the stream of truth! :D

Game is a bit of a joke online. Too many games you cannot keep the ball for even a micro second before disposseded by pressure and defence go awol to allow goals in.

Will give it one last chance local multiplayer on weekend and if does not impress will return it.

I play on top player from the beggining and I swear CPU was spamming low crosses before this .2 came out, after that I see low crosses but really rare, maybe I learned to defend better against CPU but I not see them frequently. Also CPU shoots a lot more, even scored some screamers against me. I believe they fixed some things quietly without any notice...

yeah Em, i know. its difficult. i dont know if i have a reputation here or something (to put at risk) but i never lied!!
Its ridiculous what this game is doing to us. You are afraid that you will have reputation of blind fanboy, Im afraid that I will have reputation of blind hater...
:LOL:

I'll try different modes. I'll try exhibition and start new ML soon. I really hope you guys are right and it was just down to mode or teams i played against last night.

I play on top player from the beggining and I swear CPU was spamming low crosses before this .2 came out, after that I see low crosses but really rare, maybe I learned to defend better against CPU but I not see them frequently. Also CPU shoots a lot more, even scored some screamers against me. I believe they fixed some things quietly without any notice...
see, i did not change my playstyle either. i wasnt better at defending last night... i lost 4:1 so i was actually bad at it.
i did not do anything different.

Folks tell me this but I think the answer is No.

Say for example we put Harry Kane as CB (just an extreme example, bear with me), in the formation page, his overall rating will drop significantly because CB is not his natural role and position. Perfect so far!

Then we start the game.

Will he accelerate slower?
Will his header be less?
Will his top speed be less?
Yes his defensive attributes will stay low but his attacking attributes also stay as high.

So technically, when his overall rating drop in the formation page, is he really?

see, i did not change my playstyle either. i wasnt better at defending last night... i lost 4:1 so i was actually bad at it.
i did not do anything different.
Look, some teams really spam the wings in real life either so I don`t have problems with that, real plus is that low crosses are greatly reduced. Definately there are positive changes, also I notice slightly more passing error from cpu. I wait for master league fix and to start enjoying this game more :)

Look, some teams really spam the wings in real life either so I don`t have problems with that, real plus is that low crosses are greatly reduced. Definately there are positive changes, also I notice slightly more passing error from cpu. I wait for master league fix and to start enjoying this game more :)
i know. but i played a lot of different teams in PES2019, be it in regular league, cup or exhibition matches! and they all had a tendency for LCS! thats why i was so surprised last night!!! whole different story with AI, attacking wise.
i just dont get it! no clue why that was happening. and the difference was there! i felt it and i saw it!! :CONF:
i have no tools to create these moments (like trailers are made). so this is all ingame and for real.

maybe its just Lukaku. or Man united. or this set up: arsenal vs man united at jose alvalade, daytime sunny, 20 min, fuma at top player... I DONT KNOW! :D

I've seen loads of shots by AI last night and this morning that i haven't seen. And trust me i have slaughtered officalpes on twitter for the AI attack. This morning my centre back had it and the Rangers forward was on me and took it off him 1 on 1 with keeper. Absolutely no hesitation, no looking to knock it sideways slotted it home. It was ruthless. Man U we 90% down the middle and maybe 10% out wide but it made sense to go out wide when they did.

Here is a 15 min clip from last night that i forgot i did - 2 Italian teams - with the match clock look at 22 mins and watch the winger dribble - never used to happen. At around 30 mins long ball into box ..the second goal for them is on 53 mins match time --centre attack shot from 18 yards outside of area ..after that last 3 mins of the video real time it switches to Arsenal (me) v inter ..look how they attack - majority down the middle but watch from 8 mins match time they get the ball wide area and attempt a low shot from just inside the area ....This is the complete video i wanted to share last night --didnt realise it had uploaded 15 mins worth :)

By the way i am not claiming keepers have been fixed one on one - its very rare to get to that situation for me - but there is no doubt about it for me the AI has changed

Game is a bit of a joke online. Too many games you cannot keep the ball for even a micro second before disposseded by pressure and defence go awol to allow goals in.

Will give it one last chance local multiplayer on weekend and if does not impress will return it.

Spent last Friday doing random exhibition matches with my mate and a few drinks. Offline PvP is where pes games always shine and this one isn't any different. As soon as you take away the play to win online attitude that causes all the exploiters to come out, you can have some glorious matches. Me and my mate literally played til about 3am and it was fantastic, some great goals and play and with the ai set to superstar it is a joy to behold against friends.

If only offline ml could get to this point as well this year!

I have no problem with wing play myself. Like you said - some teams prefer wing play.

Problem starts when
1. Every team plays the same, predictable football (which is still happening to me)
2. They pass to the wing when its idiotic to do so or when they are through on goal (have to say - i did not see this yesterday)
3. When I block wings they seems to run out of ideas and almost stopping the attack to wait for the wing (which happend to me good few times last night)

Am I right in saying that every Thursday they are bringing some small update? If so, Im hoping they will be tweaking the gameplay bit by bit until every one of us can confirm 100% that AI plays a nice football.

Back
Top Bottom