PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

So the patch to fix the transfers issues will be out tomorrow. At least they are solving issues quickly.

Dare we hope for AI fixes in reasonable times too?

What does "lack of communication based on the game design" means?

So the patch to fix the transfers issues will be out tomorrow. At least they are solving issues quickly.

Dare we hope for AI fixes in reasonable times too?

What does "lack of communication based on the game design" means?

Are you sure?

Played three games last night on Pes 19,just to try some settings,all three games on ML Vs the same team.
Regular 20 Min manual
Way to easy, but less robotic AI crossing
Professional
Horrible mess,hum players are so watered down,and my manual passing felt like the first I played it.
It's like playing online on a shitty connection with massive button lag
Top player
Easily the best difficulty of them all
My passing were at least 10% better than the two previous difficulty.

One thing that stands out is all the smsll cheats from the CPU
Chasing a loose ball,and you suddenly stray off the slightest and miss it.
Passes just rolling past you,,not because your out of position,the just roll past you.
Or having an open passing lane and your weighted pass strays 10 meters off.
Same situation mid pitch with the same button input is a perfect pass.
Sometimes when recieving s pass outside the box with a chance to shoot or go past a Def,you suddenly take a very strange touch and go up the pitch by a meter instead in to the box

I know these "scripting' issues becomes better after a nr of games,but right now I haven't passed my third ML game yet,because it's so dull with the AI attacking

The truth is bitter. The seventh generation was the focus of the Developer Team on offline Modes . . But this generation has abandoned the offline section. Master of the League is disaster. AI Disaster, AI Like Machine. Ai script And has some basic issues. The offline section is dead and soulless. Offline Modes has been destroyed. This game went to the online game. The My Club and the Loot Box .It's really shameful.

(Developer Team Must Balance between offline and online But they deliberately do this. They want to force everyone online. Go to My Club Mode . And spend money. And pour money into the Konami pocket. It's really embarrassing.)

We must accept that PES is dead. We want to force this game alive. But the truth is, this game has long been a modest game. I am an old fan of this series. I am 35 years old. This game is rotten. I did not buy this game this year. The Master League is a disaster and AI is more disastrous.

Poor Commentator . losing champions league . Lack of stadiums .No new editors added to the game. Not adding the stadium Creator .In the end I have to say that the game is still incomplete. And No worth 60$

With the experience that I gained. The next year is the story. The offline section does not care again. And artificial intelligence is now abandoning itself. This game is no longer king. The kingdom whose empire collapsed. rest in pieces.

Look at this video. The importance of artificial intelligence AND Player Id means this. The team developed the trailer for artificial intelligence.

This makes we wanna boot up 2013 on the PC when i get home. Started playing it before 19 released and for a game that's over 6 years old, it's one of the finest PES & football games ever made!

This potentially great game is ruined by poor online stability (unfixed issue for many years) and terrible ai (low cross, wing, goalies don't move off line, every player and team plays the same way). What happened to player ID and the every game and player and team feel different of past PES?

Also, and this issue I really don't get. Been in the last 3 PES games. Playing a game offline against the ai and the game feels noticeably way more sluggish and unresponsive sometimes, almost like you're playing online and getting lag. It is a big difference from usual. People not experience this sometimes?

Just to weigh in on the LCS and repetitive AI issue .....

I played a Libertadores Cup offline comp with Cruzeiro, on professional, 10 min matches.
Across 6 group games and 4 KO games, The number of times the AI used the LCS was about 5 or 6 in total, hardly any.
There was varied attack, and any low crosses were in logical, realistic situations and not what I'd consider LCS.
They attacked through the middle, down the wings, dribbled, shot... it played beautifully.

Started a ML, immediately, first pre-season ICC match, LCS was in full abundance, teams are using the LCS about 8 times a match, every match, and always, always gravitate to wing attacks, if you close the wings down, mark runners, they will move the ball inside centrally, as soon as your marker strays an inch from the winger, the CPU will stop the central attack and move the ball to the wing immediately.
Every ML match is this way.

I exited ML and replayed a couple of ML fixtures using the exact same teams, same stadiums, same formations, same lineups, and the LCS was less than half as bad as it is within a ML, Master League definitely bumps up the use of LCS.

Also, as you see above, I am plagued by LCS and repetitive AI Wing play in my game, but a friend, who plays every single day, swears he didn't even know there was an issue as he doesn't see it in his game hardly ever at all, also playing a ML, he even recorded a full ML match, and I watched it back, the AI rarely ever used LCS, and most of the play was central.

It really is baffling how the LCS issue affects tons of people, but not others.

This potentially great game is ruined by poor online stability (unfixed issue for many years) and terrible ai (low cross, wing, goalies don't move off line, every player and team plays the same way). What happened to player ID and the every game and player and team feel different of past PES?

Also, and this issue I really don't get. Been in the last 3 PES games. Playing a game offline against the ai and the game feels noticeably way more sluggish and unresponsive sometimes, almost like you're playing online and getting lag. It is a big difference from usual. People not experience this sometimes?
If you'd read my post it's exactly what I wrote (offline)
It's probably scripting,I noticed it on professional,same on 15-16-17-18

My beef with this game is not only with CPU. Attacking is shallow and not demands creativity. There are two kinds of attacks that always work. One is to pass the ball to CF and wait the winger to passes by, all alone. The other one is, when you get to the sideline, stead to cross the ball you pass to near post then you quickly pass to another player inside the box and tap to the goal, yeah just as like the CPU does. It always work. You always find someone all alone inside the box. On PES 2018 this is not that easy. The CPU bunch in front a goal and most of time you hit a defender. So, the solution is attacking in other ways right? Heading i.e? Other ways that dont work properly. The basics of the sport are unbalanced on this game. The game forces you to play in a limited ways to score. This is like some 16bit gen game, and its a shame! I expend 8 months teaching myself to like PES 2018 till I try manual shot. I cant do this no more.

Last edited:
Fair play on the apology. Konami made Adam look stupid with the transfer issue after his tweet regarding the dodgy screenshot. I can only imagine his influence has got them to apologise there.

'based on the game design' makes me think they've acknowledged what a few of us thought, that it is indeed the minimum release clauses that cause the issue. what worries me is what are they going to decide to do to fix it? remove the minimum fee feature? have it so that the AI can't purchase using a minimum fee? the other annoying thing of course is that this bug was in last years game and was reported then and not acknowledged... so what's the difference now?

Do we actually know if there's any sort of patch tomorrow based on the apology?
I think it's optimistic to think so. And what is it likely to actually fix, really? Leicester might no longer sell their entire squad but will clubs stop selling their best players? Will they stop selling them to their rivals? Will transfer fees actually reflect real life?

Not having it.

Not much point fixing the transfers - and given they were meant to be 'fixed' already I'll file this under 'believe it when I see it' for now :LOL: - without fixing the retarded AI your stuck with playing against in ML.

The longer this goes on with the AI the more it looks like they are attempting to ride out the storm, complaints drop away as people dump the game... and everybody's happy in Konami happy clapper land, they've got away with it for another year.

I also replied to this on Twitter saying its not representative of game play, cause if it was Maradona would have stopped, cut back, moved out to the wing and played a low cross in.
Funnily enough, no reply, just hordes of likes and retweets.
:DD man, don't go to far, you might get blocked on twitter and your whole life gets off rails! ;)

edit: just checked. got some likes for my comment to. i need to fly under the radar...! :D oh boy! ;)

Back
Top Bottom