PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

:DD man, don't go to far, you might get blocked on twitter and your whole life gets off rails! ;)

edit: just checked. got some likes for my comment to. i need to fly under the radar...! :D oh boy! ;)
I want to get involved too :LOL:

Who is man in your avatars??

I know you get more likes and its cooler to slag Konami off, but ill give them credit for keeping people up to date with what they are hoping to do.

Games are never released perfect and ill call Konami out on their mistakes, BUT like everyone, if you make a mistake you try and rectify it. This is at least an effort in that direction and with added regular communication.

It proves that they have some interest and want to support the game.

@xPJRx / @PRO_TOO - im battling right beside you, boys! :LOL:
This Twitter is great craic, haha!
i'm not fighting or batteling! ;)
i just want to make valid statement to wake them up a little/give them help on these things. this and a little mockery here and there... but always polite. thats my way.
i'm not into 'likes" or whatever online "fame system"! :)
doing this only in hope of change for the better!

@Mikhail you really dont know!? shame on you! ;)
its Douglas Heffernan... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Heffernan

Last edited:
I know you get more likes and its cooler to slag Konami off, but ill give them credit for keeping people up to date with what they are hoping to do.

Games are never released perfect and ill call Konami out on their mistakes, BUT like everyone, if you make a mistake you try and rectify it. This is at least an effort in that direction and with added regular communication.

It proves that they have some interest and want to support the game.

you are too forgiving. pes 2017 was a beta for 18 and 18 for 19 and they still messed up.

there are too many incompetencies over the years.

whatever team too it forward from 15 were dumb. they had a good idea and messed up.

remember that they have no PS3/360 version of PES 2019 - you would think thatd give more time to concentrate on releasing a perfect game.

don't keep having the konami wool pulled over your eyes. its been there since 2014.

Fair play on the apology. Konami made Adam look stupid with the transfer issue after his tweet regarding the dodgy screenshot. I can only imagine his influence has got them to apologise there.

'based on the game design' makes me think they've acknowledged what a few of us thought, that it is indeed the minimum release clauses that cause the issue. what worries me is what are they going to decide to do to fix it? remove the minimum fee feature? have it so that the AI can't purchase using a minimum fee? the other annoying thing of course is that this bug was in last years game and was reported then and not acknowledged... so what's the difference now?
I would guess, and i mean complete guess that AI to AI transfers will just get nerfed. And some teams may get hardcoded to not sell more than X amount of players per window

When did they acknowledge the crippling AI issues? I must have missed that.
not to long ago: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-118#post-3314535

does anyone in here like to play a CL match before or after its on TV that night!? it became a habit of mine doing this. always play one or more of the matches that are happening that night.
its even more fun when friends are around, some drinks, you try to beat them in the game and they want revenge by the real team on tv later! :D

What is sickening is that this game has nearly been out for a month already and it’s nowhere near finished or ready...:

Konami, Bhatti, Asim, Strange Daniel Fan Man Guy....whoever. If you are reading this....release your game later next year, playtest it longer for god sake. Year after year you embarrass yourselves.

you are too forgiving. pes 2017 was a beta for 18 and 18 for 19 and they still messed up.

there are too many incompetencies over the years.

whatever team too it forward from 15 were dumb. they had a good idea and messed up.

remember that they have no PS3/360 version of PES 2019 - you would think thatd give more time to concentrate on releasing a perfect game.

don't keep having the konami wool pulled over your eyes. its been there since 2014.

Exactly. They have rinsed the "poor old Konami" excuse dry over the years.

What is sickening is that this game has nearly been out for a month already and it’s nowhere near finished or ready...:

Konami, Bhatti, Asim, Strange Daniel Fan Man Guy....whoever. If you are reading this....release your game later next year, playtest it longer for god sake. Year after year you embarrass yourselves.
They spent most of the time playing each other. I remember when pes19 matches started to appear on youtube. I couldnt find a single one against AI. And I really tried. The only few games against AI started to emerge during E3. I honestly dont think they properly tested this game. They had a lot of complaints that defense was crap in pes18 and players positioning was crap, so they worked a bit on defense without checking what effects it will have on offense.

They spent most of the time playing each other. I remember when pes19 matches started to appear on youtube. I couldnt find a single one against AI. And I really tried. The only few games against AI started to emerge during E3. I honestly dont think they properly tested this game. They had a lot of complaints that defense was crap in pes18 and players positioning was crap, so they worked a bit on defense without checking what effects it will have on offense.
Exactly....they all play with their pes caps and t shirts on....telling each other how amazing it is and refined compared to previous PES

And they do this every single year.

You never see them showcase the master league or any single player modes because they know how bad and lacking the modes are

Pes is a no more than a party game for when a few mates visit on a Saturday night now

There is NOTHING to keep the single player playing for longer than a few weeks

Someone tell me I'm going insane but I've just booted this up played 4 games top player manual and the AI is really mixing it up..forwards shooting not hesitating etc ..going out wide but not automatically every time ..all goals I've conceded, 4 of, through the centre. No agenda here but it feels very different and I know there's been no official patch..tried Italian teams and v man u and westham

Someone tell me I'm going insane but I've just booted this up played 4 games top player manual and the AI is really mixing it up..forwards shooting not hesitating etc ..going out wide but not automatically every time ..all goals I've conceded, 4 of, through the centre. No agenda here but it feels very different and I know there's been no official patch..tried Italian teams and v man u and westham
Another thing which annoys me.
(Sorry, im after long flight and im grumpy...:LOL:)
We all know they know about AI issues but dont want to admit it. So they will, at some point, sneak in few tweaks and fix it. But they'll never say anything. And people will be there, baffled, wondering are they going crazy or something changed.
Perfect tactics to make fools out of people giving them feedback, isnt it? :LOL:

More like 7:50 min. ;)
I saw one nice long pass followed by a shot over the bar from outside the box Ive never seen before. What. What version you got?! :)
just latest one ..didnt play yesterday ..it's so strange..ive seen loads of centre attack , strikers hitting ball first time ..few dribbles too ..thought people would say placebo but there's things in that broadcast and games before I've deffo not seen untill today

Another thing which annoys me.
(Sorry, im after long flight and im grumpy...:LOL:)
We all know they know about AI issues but dont want to admit it. So they will, at some point, sneak in few tweaks and fix it. But they'll never say anything. And people will be there, baffled, wondering are they going crazy or something changed.
Perfect tactics to make fools out of people giving them feedback, isnt it? :LOL:
1 release unfinished product
2 sneak in a patch that makes game good
3 we get happy
4 grumpy "it's placebo" guys post like crazy
Every year

just latest one ..didnt play yesterday ..it's so strange..ive seen loads of centre attack , strikers hitting ball first time ..few dribbles too ..thought people would say placebo but there's things in that broadcast and games before I've deffo not seen untill today
0 gamespeed and PA1 right?
Looked good mate

Has anyone seen the keeper save a shot where you pass to a player in the box with their back to goal, spin round and shoot? In my experience the shot on the turn seems to be unstoppable and a guaranteed goal every time which would be something to add to the list of game breaking bugs.

Finally got around to downloading the latest update tonight (combination of rubbish internet, laziness and being busy) and the game feels a hell of a lot different. The AI seems sharper and souped up to the point where it feels it's more scripted than ever (playing on Top player). Just played an exhibition match with Lyon against Guingamp and it was ridiculous, the AI made up a frankly ludicrous amount of ground to beat me to loose balls, every pass was pinpoint, dribbling was completely ineffective as they would catch up with me and shut down the space instantly, every tackle on me was inch perfect, and with every AI attack it felt like it was even more robotic than before. Eurgh. What makes it even more peculiar is that I played a game with the same teams last night (pre-update) and had a fairly enjoyable (as enjoyable as you can get with this broken mess of a game) match with the same settings which I won 3-1.

When was such blatant scripting/cheating brought into PES? I can't remember this on the games of yesteryear - when offline gaming was entertaining and felt rewarding. Konami are just utterly, utterly hopeless.

Always watch the power bar. Green means PA1 and up. Yellow is PA0!

I will see after the CL matches.

@hitmanuk Was that exhibition game? Anything else to set up?!
just top player full manual. No tactics touched..and I didn't feel any unfair scripting at all..if you want to beat a player you've just got to time the sprint and movement. If it stays like this next time I boot up I'm much happier with the game

just top player full manual. No tactics touched..and I didn't feel any unfair scripting at all..if you want to beat a player you've just got to time the sprint and movement. If it stays like this next time I boot up I'm much happier with the game
Ok. I did as you said. :)
I am uploading the highlights...

Back
Top Bottom