PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I play on Top Player and have decent varied matches against the AI, but I suppose you won't believe it.

I would like to see more long shots from the AI though.
I can also say I play on top player and have decent varied matches. I also agree there are not enough long shots from the AI.
What I would like you to confirm though is whether you agree that the AI continually plays to the wings and spams the driven low cross and also that when through on goal refuses to accept a clear scoring chance.
A simple yes or no will suffice.

I have stayed quiet when reading your posts but I must get involved....

How come , there are 100s of posts on here and on Reddit, all moaning about the terrible, awful AI in PES 2019?

How come everytime official PES tweet, there are 100s of replies with people moaning about how the AI attacks in the same manner nearly every time?

Do you have a different version of the game to the rest of us? Because it certainly appears so.
Would really like to see that game

I can also say I play on top player and have decent varied matches. I also agree there are not enough long shots from the AI.
What I would like you to confirm though is whether you agree that the AI continually plays to the wings and spams the driven low cross and also that when through on goal refuses to accept a clear scoring chance.
A simple yes or no will suffice.

No in regards to the low driven cross being spammed but the AI does favour the wing more.

No to refusing to score because there are times when they have punished me, but there are times when they should be more ruthless I agree. I had a match this morning and Griezmann (AI) was played through and smashed it in the top corner from the penalty area.

I would love to see the AI try a 20-30 yarder at times but both games suffer from that every year.

I haven’t recorded much AI issues on Pes 19,so i nicked this from a mates YT channel,it’s from the demo though,but I’ve seen behaviours like this on the full game as well

I haven’t recorded much AI issues on Pes 19,so i nicked this from a mates YT channel,it’s from the demo though,but I’ve seen behaviours like this on the full game as well

Sums up 2 of the worst elements of the game
- garbage AI that heads to the wing when through on goal
- referee completely biased in favour of cpu, penalty wrongly awarded for cpu when there's zero possibility it would have even been a free-kick if the cpu commited that same foul against human.

not to mention the weak, floaty looking penalty kick.

Sums up 2 of the worst elements of the game
- garbage AI that heads to the wing when through on goal
- referee completely biased in favour of cpu, penalty wrongly awarded for cpu when there's zero possibility it would have even been a free-kick if the cpu commited that same foul against human.

not to mention the weak, floaty looking penalty kick.
Attacking AI is horrible,defensive AI felt good I think.
And penalties,the ones that I've had,have all been very sketchy,almost always on the line,or suspiciously close to be outside the box

Somebody said earlier, that he thinks AI wing spamming and lack of shots from distance, might be coming from AI calculating probability of scoring, so it goes down the wing and pass into the box for a certain goal
(another issue - AI in the box most of the time shoots into top corners, regardless of player abilities. but thats another story)

I was thinking about it. And even tho at the beginning I thought it makes perfect sense, the more I think of it, the more doubts I have.
If it was AI just calculating probability and not wanting to take any risk, it would explain lack of shots from distance, lack of dribbling and wing spam.
What it wouldnt explain is COM turning around in 1on1 situations and passing to the wing, or not taking shots, when its idiotic not to do so.

Which brings me to the conclusion, that there is some issue with the AI coding and that they are programmed to go to the wing whenever its possible. Even if you block the wings and they go through the middle, if they get a chance to "tick the wing box" - theyll take it.

it was me who said it and the test i said is that if you dribble out with keeper and give it to the AI 40 yards out it will shoot and most probably score which is why i suggested it was based on some probability calc - i'm not a programmer by the way. if it was hardcoded to go to the wings it would do with an open net, except it doesn't.

It should be easy to try on the training if the CPU is programmed a certain way
Play a game 2 v 11 an let the CPU have free access to the middle at all times

it was me who said it and the test i said is that if you dribble out with keeper and give it to the AI 40 yards out it will shoot and most probably score which is why i suggested it was based on some probability calc - i'm not a programmer by the way. if it was hardcoded to go to the wings it would do with an open net, except it doesn't.
Sorry, pal. There is a lot of people here. Didnt remember it was you.
Maybe its a bit of both. Im not programmer myself. Its all wild guessing here.

Edit:
There is one example, where probability theory doesnt really apply:

Last edited:
this server issue is annoying. Game play is so slow and with no life, players feel like they'r running in mud and even get stuck at times and don't move. Last week for a day it worked well and was smooth, now it's back to this....

that video..how they can release the game in that state is beyond me im so glad I stuck with 2018 no way im buying it in that state offline

for comparison 2018 AI superstar when I push the DF high up how have they gone so backwards in 12 months?

ezgif-5-59e601d3bc.gif

if PES was really good this forum would be buzzing with discussion about the players, their skill, vids of fantastic goals, match ups and banter.

and if I was truly truly enjoying PES, I would be posting up quality threads. Look at the "MyClub gems" thread....you could hear a pin drop.

if PES was really good this forum would be buzzing with discussion about the players, their skill, vids of fantastic goals, match ups and banter.

and if I was truly truly enjoying PES, I would be posting up quality threads. Look at the "MyClub gems" thread....you could hear a pin drop.

yea exactly I still remember the old days when you would find a 100+ ML thread or a hints and tips corner for hidden tricks ect none of that now the new gen games lack serious depth

yea exactly I still remember the old days when you would find a 100+ ML thread or a hints and tips corner for hidden tricks ect none of that now the new gen games lack serious depth
dude do you play FUMA - i will play you on PS4 PES 2018 MyCLub divs right now

...............so no dice...anybody else? i will shut off within 10mins

so i've shut down now....let me tell you something --- the WORST thing about PES is this BS unable to find opponent BS that I've been tolerating for a year. I remove the manual filter and then I get some BS uneven game.

Alx1234 vs Unable to find opponent. It begins (tomorrow - bedtime now).

Last edited:
Or maybe we've all gotten older and don't have all the time in the world to play PES. Back in the day I spent a whole fucking day on PES 6 making the Arsenal logo with the pixel editor on PS2. I don't know how I had the patience for that back then.

Or maybe we've all gotten older and don't have all the time in the world to play PES. Back in the day I spent a whole fucking day on PES 6 making the Arsenal logo with the pixel editor on PS2. I don't know how I had the patience for that back then.
Responsibilities and priorities were different mate. Now our brains are clogged with a million other more important things. Even when we finally rest, our brains might not be in the mood for anything. Just complete relaxation. And that might only be for an hour or two at night, which ends up with us uncontrollably slipping into slumber.

The truth is bitter. The seventh generation was the focus of the Developer Team on offline Modes . . But this generation has abandoned the offline section. Master of the League is disaster. AI Disaster, AI Like Machine. Ai script And has some basic issues. The offline section is dead and soulless. Offline Modes has been destroyed. This game went to the online game. The My Club and the Loot Box .It's really shameful.

(Developer Team Must Balance between offline and online But they deliberately do this. They want to force everyone online. Go to My Club Mode . And spend money. And pour money into the Konami pocket. It's really embarrassing.)

We must accept that PES is dead. We want to force this game alive. But the truth is, this game has long been a modest game. I am an old fan of this series. I am 35 years old. This game is rotten. I did not buy this game this year. The Master League is a disaster and AI is more disastrous.

Poor Commentator . losing champions league . Lack of stadiums .No new editors added to the game. Not adding the stadium Creator .In the end I have to say that the game is still incomplete. And No worth 60$

With the experience that I gained. The next year is the story. The offline section does not care again. And artificial intelligence is now abandoning itself. This game is no longer king. The kingdom whose empire collapsed. rest in pieces.

Look at this video. The importance of artificial intelligence AND Player Id means this. The team developed the trailer for artificial intelligence.

Last edited:
the good thing about PES as a game, is the passing, the way you build up, but when u come close to goal, everything starts to fall flat because of the darn design issues on this engine they are using, the other game will never come close to how pes feels when u start passing the ball around, but on superstar difficulty its just not realistic how the AI plays, every team become a barcelona, i just wish they would some day, some day, fix this AI to make it more down to earth, i guess the older games had a much better way of representing superstar difficulty, especially since PES 2017, you would never feel that when u are 1 on 1 with the keeper that u can round him and score, this is just jarring, to say the least, football, when u are 1 on 1 you need to feel that the keeper can come out and that you can round him and score, there is so much repetitiveness when the AI or you, are encouraged to shoot the ball from the edge of the area into top corner, and never to let keeper come out so that you can round him or pass to someone who s clear on goal.
plus the fouls, i m not talking about pes 2019, at least in pes 2018, only 1 foul in a game of 11 min.... just jarring!!!!

I have stayed quiet when reading your posts but I must get involved....

How come , there are 100s of posts on here and on Reddit, all moaning about the terrible, awful AI in PES 2019?

How come everytime official PES tweet, there are 100s of replies with people moaning about how the AI attacks in the same manner nearly every time?

Do you have a different version of the game to the rest of us? Because it certainly appears so.
This guy malcom9 sorry but he s just a blinded fanboy who can t see the jarring issues most other people here see, i just can t be blinded when i have a half a***d game released for 60 bucks

good point but if you had the free time would you seriously invest it in this game? you had reason to on ps2 versions the matches would have random moments happen it wasn't a repetitive experience like current gen

While I do Think you are right here in many ways I also think people who are happy with the game tend not to write as many posts about it. I'am quite happy with PES 2019 since I only play online and although the game has it problems it plays fantastic human vs human imo (with manual passing) but I know that I mostly post about negative things I find with the game, which is weird I guess when I think about it...

I think this is quite common in general when it comes to the internet and forums like these, the people who are disappointed with things appear to be a lot more vocal than the ones who are satisfied.

dude do you play FUMA - i will play you on PS4 PES 2018 MyCLub divs right now

...............so no dice...anybody else? i will shut off within 10mins

so i've shut down now....let me tell you something --- the WORST thing about PES is this BS unable to find opponent BS that I've been tolerating for a year. I remove the manual filter and then I get some BS uneven game.

Alx1234 vs Unable to find opponent. It begins (tomorrow - bedtime now).

Actually on PES 2019 I had a few manual (also full manual) myclub matches (PS4).
Never had that in PES 2017 or 2018, only online divisions, but not myclub.

Never had to wait really long to get paired with someone with PA0. Depends also on the time and day.
This year though, it seems there are more manual players even on myclub and those games are quite cool.

On a side note, people playing FuMa on myclub mostly have quite a decent team instead of those Messi, Coutinho, Ronaldo players.

While I do Think you are right here in many ways I also think people who are happy with the game tend not to write as many posts about it. I'am quite happy with PES 2019 since I only play online and although the game has it problems it plays fantastic human vs human imo (with manual passing) but I know that I mostly post about negative things I find with the game, which is weird I guess when I think about it...

I think this is quite common in general when it comes to the internet and forums like these, the people who are disappointed with things appear to be a lot more vocal than the ones who are satisfied.

Absolutely.
I´m fine with this game. On PC I´m playing a CL cup (Juventus) at the moment with PTE Patch, Cam Tweaker and Inca´s gameplay patch V1_1_1 and really really enjoy it.
Playing FuMa on professional, 15 mins, game speed 0.

AI is pulling off long shots and plays quite well. I hope KONAMI is going to bring a patch for AI attacks.
FuMa vs AI on professional is really tough this year!
Had to get back to regular to make it to the finals and lost 1:2 against Real Madrid.

Great matches really....specific players stand out like Douglas Costa! I love playing with that guy and act like Robben on the right wing, going to the inside, so he can lay the ball on his strong left foot to shoot.
An absolute joy!

Just waiting for some nice CL scoreboards for more immersion to finally start an ML.

Dattis77, said ALL as it is at post #3503.i just couldn't agree more.This is exactly as i feel.I believe that the company want to make a turn,leave the Offline behind,make it not so fun and rewarding to play.They just care about On line (which is defenately not bad) but...PES was Allways about gameplay first & then the rest.And when we talk gameplay for video games & especially sports, we all know that except human vs human, we all think how gameplay is vs CPU AI.And PES almost always had the best.sometimes it was like you felt that you play against human! Latest years this gap from the other game has been minimized (and since last year i dare to say that PES was behind). And now we have this year versions.
The game is great,plays great (except the sound but ...ok) and when you play more OFFLINE, especially ML which i believe is the ultimate and classic Pes offline mode...Then you just feel off.As the game is now, you feel that this magic has been gone.You feell that you play a very well techically made game that has terrible AI, scripted, coded, it like the most "robotic" vs Cpu AI i can remember from Pes. I dont believe that konami suddenly forgot to make the AI like they did in the past, having in mind that every year they have more tools and ideas,so normaly the AI should be even better.It is clear that they thei interest is clearly the on line (more money), they seem they made a "turn" and now Offline players who buy every year this product in order to have fun for a few hours per day or week, are just complaining and have "fights" each other in forums instead of just play the game and have fun.We try to like the game even if we dont...

Back
Top Bottom