PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I had the same issue with my 50 inch, 4K TV. The grass looked just horrible and grainy. I went in and tried all the picture settings but nothing seemed to help. This had never been a problem with other games, so I presumed it was meant to look like that. I was at the point of nearly trading it in, when I discovered that the HDMI settings for each port had been set to Regular. In here was an option to change these to Enhanced. When I did so this changed the look of the pitch completely and am enjoying the game much more. I think this is a problem with new TV's as the factory default settings don't offer the best experience.

It maybe something similar with your TV so I just thought I would share this.
Cheers pal. I had a look but I must have a budget 4K tv ha. There seems to be no advance settings and despite changing the contrast and colour settings as someone else mentioned. It is still pretty poor. Fifa looks great which is weird as everyone else is saying the opposite. It is mainly the grass for me. It is like they have tried to do individual blades but they have no dimension to them, so is it ends up looking like a load of pixels in different gradients of green. Thanks for the help though

Last edited:
I am going to try a master league soon. Really liking the odd game I have played on Exhibition etc. online is a pain again. Co-op is a bit of a joke, getting lined up against my club teams when we are Ajax and they have Mbappe and Messi upfront. They need to have a filter so you don't play them. Also playing against one person and the AI is no fun either. To be honest, I'm disappointed in it as a package. Having to buy the UK one too in order to play in the same clan is absolutely ridiculous and to add on top of these issues, no online league system, just an update every so often telling you if you've been promoted. The more I think about it, the more I'm getting annoyed by the stack of fundamental issues like that. Hopefully it will be a good offline experience, as the core gameplay is great and having two little ones now means it may be enough to create longevity.

Last edited:
We who have played Pes a long time,and prefer it to FIFA despite its quirky and sometimes odd/bad issues,we don't really like being called haters for calling out an issue that every one here feels is a big issue.
And a sheep mentality mob on forums "like this"?
Tone down your shit.
If you don't have an issue,good for you pal.
But you know what,until you prove us and the rest of us sheep's in here wrong we will complain about this bug as much as we want,it exists!

Care to load up a video of the CPU dribbling outside the box,and takes shots.
Or break their constant pattern of just passing back and forth on the wing and then cross.
Feel free to put up a livestream for instance?
I'd suggest you do that instead,if it's just in our "sheep" brains,that would be fantastic.

Touchy......did I name you specifically?

There is nothing wrong with people feeding back genuine concerns or problems, but I feel some exaggerate far more than they need to for reasons that aren't helpful to improving the game.

@TheGoodOldDays
I like the game myself my friend.i play a lot when i have the time.I initialy was playing on sstar & now i enjoy Top player better. BUT...
" low cross a problem " is 60-70% of Cpu way of attacking...
Another 20-30% way of cpu attack is Chiped through balls no matter where the attackers are on the pitch.
And if you block all of the above they might try to play about 10% penetration passes to enter the box and score.It is really so predictable, so frastrating, there is no "random" play .Especialy the low cross is like there is some code that is telling the players they MUST cross even when you have your defenders in the box waiting for the ball.They still do the low cross.I play pes since forever and i beleive this year is the worst attacking cpu AI in pes history

There is nothing wrong with people feeding back genuine concerns or problems, but I feel some exaggerate far more than they need to for reasons that aren't helpful to improving the game.
What also doesn't help is people downplaying genuine issues as people just wanting to criticise Konami, we saw enough of that in other forums that are now dead.

I personally haven't noticed the low cross thing against me but that doesn't mean it's not an issue. An "I'm alroght, Jack" attitude helps no-one.

.Especialy the low cross is like there is some code that is telling the players they MUST cross even when you have your defenders in the box waiting for the ball.They still do the low cross.I play pes since forever and i beleive this year is the worst attacking cpu AI in pes history
That's what's annoying, AI is forcing the low cross even in situations that it's the worst possible pass/play to make.

Small little annoyance. I don't like the fact you can't pin your most played modes on the home screen like before. Now it just has crap about myclub. I don't play myclub.

It'd be nice to have BAL on the home screen for convenience sake.

The limited attacking AI wouldn't bother me so much if I could play an expansive game of my own going forward. I can't.

Dribbling or trying to dribble is a complete waste of time yet again. None of the tricks work and neither does the fake shot or pass. The 'auto shield' kicks in about 10% of the time it should, the rest of the time my attackers are perfectly happy to be brushed off the ball in half a second.

Long range shots are boring, limited and pre-determined to land in one of about 6 spots. Finesse shots are futile and useless again.

No time or space to ever do anything creative due to the opposition's obsession with 6 defensive midfielders regardless of game context. Konami either need to make the pitch bigger or stop setting every team to all out defend for 90% of the match, because it's as boring as fuck at the moment.

Cheers pal. I had a look but I must have a budget 4K tv ha. There seems to be no advance settings and despite changing the contrast and colour settings as someone else mentioned. It is still pretty poor. Fifa looks great which is weird as everyone else is saying the opposite. It is mainly the grass for me. It is like they have tried to do individual blades but they have no dimension to them, so is it ends up looking like a load of pixels in different gradients of green. Thanks for the help though

I have just had a look at the manual for your TV. Do you have a setting called 'CEC' when you are on the menu screen. This looks like what I performed. In here change the HDMI setting to 'Enable'. Other than that I am not sure.

Playing in the ICC against Atletico and I notice that Alaba now plays for Atletico.

This type of behavior a patch isn't going to fix. They need to fundamentally rework transfers.

It's nice that they're to fix the issue where teams, like Leicester, sell all their players but until completely redo their transfer system, it's gonna be wonky as hell.

Or they need to just give us the ability to limit transfer activity like they did a decade ago.

Edit: Atletico also have Reus and Mané

The limited attacking AI wouldn't bother me so much if I could play an expansive game of my own going forward. I can't.

Dribbling or trying to dribble is a complete waste of time yet again. None of the tricks work and neither does the fake shot or pass. The 'auto shield' kicks in about 10% of the time it should, the rest of the time my attackers are perfectly happy to be brushed off the ball in half a second.

Long range shots are boring, limited and pre-determined to land in one of about 6 spots. Finesse shots are futile and useless again.

No time or space to ever do anything creative due to the opposition's obsession with 6 defensive midfielders regardless of game context. Konami either need to make the pitch bigger or stop setting every team to all out defend for 90% of the match, because it's as boring as fuck at the moment.

Nail - - - > Head.

Adding onto that, the fact goalkeepers stay rooted to their line regardless of context means that one on ones are annoyingly repetitive.

Hi Guys, sorry if the place to find this is obvious...

Does anyone know how to get the pesworld option file as one download that I can save on to a usb? When I visit their site, it lists individual downloads for different links but not a single link to a master file as remember they used to (haven't downloaded in a couple years).

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone know how to get the pesworld option file as one download that I can save on to a usb? When I visit their site, it lists individual downloads for different links but not a single link to a master file as remember they used to (haven't downloaded in a couple years).

Thank you in advance.
Not possible mate. Only pesuinverse work that way now and maybe other option files like wehk but I am not sure

Thank you in advance.

You need to download them separate and then cut and put in a new file called WEPES

I've played so many games on Top Player and I haven't found the low cross a problem at all. The problem on forums like these is that you'll get a sheep mentality mob or people who like the other game and try to hate on PES.

I don't really care either way because I enjoy PES 2019. Is it perfect? Not at all, but it plays a decent game of football for me.

It's 100% there, I play on superstar or legend and it's the only way the AI scores, they barely shoot and certainly never shoot from outside the box.

On to my 2nd season of master league with Celtic. Last season I gave Lewis Morgan one game and he scored 2 goals but he managed to make it into the team of the season. Started my 2nd season last night and he's only gone and won EuropesE best player, daft things like this that kill the master league

Malcolm9.Notice that you say in this that you have no problem with it. Mmm! I also play Top Player and while I agree you can defend against it that is not the point. I take it you accept it is a problem and not something you believe is realistic? On another note. Do any of these so called special skills actually work in game when applied to computer teams. Did an experiment yesterday by giving all of a teams forwards and midfield players the shooting from range ability. Left plenty of space for them by backing off and letting them have sight of goal. Not one long ranger in the whole game. Really?

I've played so many games on Top Player and I haven't found the low cross a problem at all. The problem on forums like these is that you'll get a sheep mentality mob or people who like the other game and try to hate on PES.

I don't really care either way because I enjoy PES 2019. Is it perfect? Not at all, but it plays a decent game of football for me.
Thats a very weird thing to say and offensive in a way.
If you look anywhere, youtube, tweeter, forums, game reviews, most of people seeing same issues and there is plenty of videos to back it up. Even people who enjoy the game can see that offensive AI is broken this year.
On the other side of the fence is you, with absolutely no evidence to back up what you're saying and calling people sheep.

I would like to see the last 10 goals that you conceived and I could bet, that at least 6/7 of them were from low crosses or attacks initiated this way.
Also, I would like to see COM shooting from distance and performing skill moves against you.

If it wasnt for this forum I wouldnt play PES anymore. For me AI is predictable and broken.

It was guys on this forum, who gave me advices and tips how to minimize low cross spam. Its not eliminating the issue, AI is still broken, and we are only firefighting, but at least Im still playing.
It was also guys on this forum who convinced me to try no pass support and gave me a lot of tips how to make the most out of this game in a state that it is.

When the likes of you come and call them sheep, it makes me wanna ask the obvious question - Daniel, is that you?

Thank you in advance.
I just take the contents from each individual download(the files inside the wepes folder) and put them all in one big wepes folder

Then you can run option file in one go*

*Might be worth only importing 20 teams at once though in case crashes.

I just take the contents from each individual download(the files inside the wepes folder) and put them all in one big wepes folder

Then you can run option file in one go*

*Might be worth only importing 20 teams at once though in case crashes.

I done it all at once - didnt crash. Thats not to say it might not though!

sure its possible! as @P34SEMM just said, put all files in one WEPES folder! easy as pie!
the reason why they put it out seperatly is because some users just want some leagues. i like it that way.
Yeah that is for sure, you must put all files in WEPES folder. I mean it as a package with EDIT.BIN file.
Pesworld release leagues which you upload it, pesuniverse release OF as a package with edits, so you won`t bother with downloading leagues separately

Not touchy, Your post was inflamatory.
After Your sheep analogy You seem to have adopted the black sheep role.

Yeah that is for sure, you must put all files in WEPES folder. I mean it as a package with EDIT.BIN file.
Pesworld release leagues which you upload it, pesuniverse release OF as a package with edits, so you won`t bother with downloading leagues separately
there is a "one file for all" option for non-subscribers (bronze)!? thought this is exclusive to users that pay for silver and gold/platin!? hm...
as i said, i like to mix the leagues. i like to pick what exactly i want in PES and in what kind of quality (1024/2048).

Thanks for the responses guys, I've followed your advice and put them all in a wepes folder.

Looking forward to playing soon...

It's only just struck me today how frustrating pes must be for those not inclined to do the option file thing. There are so few licensed teams without prem, la liga and bundesliga. I normally download an option file on release. I do enjoy playing the less glamorous leagues but it's been an interesting experience trying to get by playing with the few top end licensed teams. It can begin to feel like a demo after a while...(this isn't meant to be provocative in any way, just reflecting...)

Back
Top Bottom