PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

there is a "one file for all" option for non-subscribers (bronze)!? thought this is exclusive to users that pay for silver and gold/platin!? hm...
as i said, i like to mix the leagues. i like to pick what exactly i want in PES and in what kind of quality (1024/2048).
Bronze are getting same content, just a bit later. V1 option file came out on release date for paid members. It was moved to free-for-all recently. V2 with full Bundesliga (apparently bullet proof, so it wont have to be patched later) will be out today or in the next few days.
V2 then, after a while will be available for everyone.

Yeah that is for sure, you must put all files in WEPES folder. I mean it as a package with EDIT.BIN file.
Pesworld release leagues which you upload it, pesuniverse release OF as a package with edits, so you won`t bother with downloading leagues separately

If i just pick and choose .ted files can i make peu league into a misc league? so i mean have

Bayern
Dortmund
Seattle Sounders
Toronto F.C
LA Galaxy
Atlanta Utd
DC Utd
Vissel Kobe
Urawa Reds
FC Tokyo
Guangzhou Evergrande

etc?

Okay something happened last night, I was playing as Juve in exhibition mode against couple of random teams like Villarreal and athletico on regular, pass assist 0. The AI did not even use that low cross tactics even ones in 4-5 matches which I played! I could not save any of the videos so I apologise. Did anything change? In fact the AI was using high crosses from all over the pitch and it felt so random and fantastic. I did not play the game for 4 days. Did they push any code changes?

Touchy......did I name you specifically?

There is nothing wrong with people feeding back genuine concerns or problems, but I feel some exaggerate far more than they need to for reasons that aren't helpful to improving the game.
Did I say that you mentioned me?
Your post was so condescending,calling out a whole fucking community as bunch of cry babies.
Would love to see your "non low cross game" though
How about showing us some of it

Its about as dynamic as its gonna get with Konami, lets be real.
But yeah, small fry compared to the AI attacking issues.

In some weird turn of fate, I completely wiped my PS4, of all PES 2019 files, deleted all OF images, save data, edit data, system data etc and 'started afresh.

Used PESWorld kit and team packs, and played a handful of friendlies, and a Libertadores Cup mode offline, so played about 15 matches in total, and the LCS (Low Cross Spamming) is vastly reduced.
I didn't tinker with formations, tactics or anything, and i've seen the AI run to the wing outside the box and put a low cross in about 5 or 6 times, across all 15 matches, before the 'wipe clean' it was about 10-12 times per match!!

I'm not suggesting wiping the PS4 clean of PES19 and starting over is a fix, I'm just saying doing this has vastly reduced the LCS.
I know others that also see the AI LCS a hell of alot, and others that are using the same option files etc, that hardly ever see it at all, its a very strange one.

I'm due to start a brand new ML tonight, so will see if ML Mode itself causes the AI LCS to bump up, i seriously hope not.
first this...
Okay something happened last night, I was playing as Juve in exhibition mode against couple of random teams like Villarreal and athletico on regular, pass assist 0. The AI did not even use that low cross tactics even ones in 4-5 matches which I played! I could not save any of the videos so I apologise. Did anything change? In fact the AI was using high crosses from all over the pitch and it felt so random and fantastic. I did not play the game for 4 days. Did they push any code changes?
now this...

i'm not falling for it... (yet) :D
i want to see less wing low cross bs for sure! but i dont believe in placebo. come on konami.... fix this, polish it, town it down, whatever...

If i just pick and choose .ted files can i make peu league into a misc league? so i mean have

Bayern
Dortmund
Seattle Sounders
Toronto F.C
LA Galaxy
Atlanta Utd
DC Utd
Vissel Kobe
Urawa Reds
FC Tokyo
Guangzhou Evergrande

etc?
I am really not familiar with this stuff, using pesuniverse v1 and never looked back or experimented but for sure someone can help here :)

first this...

now this...

i'm not falling for it... (yet) :D
i want to see less wing low cross bs for sure! but i dont believe in placebo. come on konami.... fix this, polish it, town it down, whatever...
I will play more tonight after work and confirm. Maybe its the way team plays on Regular difficulty?

The defensive AI is actually pretty good it’s the attacking AI that is the big problem. It’s very repetitive sometimes I don’t even bother playing cuz the problems is just out there. I will wait until they fix it.

I will play more tonight after work and confirm. Maybe its the way team plays on Regular difficulty?

Yes. I have experienced the same. I think the way AI attacks on Regular difficulty is good, no AI low crosses, more varied. In Professional and Top Player difficulties AI is obsessed with low crosses. Defensive AI is great in Professional and above but in Regular it's to easy to steal the ball from defenders.

The perfect AI would be Professional defending and Regular attacking.

Yes. I have experienced the same. I think the way AI attacks on Regular difficulty is good, no AI low crosses, more varied. In Professional and Top Player difficulties AI is obsessed with low crosses. Defensive AI is great in Professional and above but in Regular it's to easy to steal the ball from defenders.

The perfect AI would be Professional defending and Regular attacking.
so, regular difficulty for less wing lc spam but easier opponent AI in defense vs. wing lc spam like before and a bit better defensive AI!? hm... hard to choose from 2 buckets of shXX! ;)

i'll give regular a try for testing purposes only! want to see if this really changes attacking behavier. and if it does... i have even more faith in a patch beeing able to solve this somehow. not saying i have faith in konami releasing a patch! ;)

I have played 3-4 exhibition games since last update and the low cross was minimal. Few shots from outside the box, or edge of box. Lot of high crossing, central play. I did mention it at the time but as there was no code change it must have been placebo

Also can people who say they are not experiencing the LCS please define what they consider a low cross?

I get the idea that people think LC is only triple tap square, but I say it can be that or the dreaded X pass from out wide.

Also can people who say they are not experiencing the LCS please define what they consider a low cross?

I get the idea that people think LC is only triple tap square, but I say it can be that or the dreaded X pass from out wide.

Yes, I'm saying the AI get the ball go wide and then pass it into the box then shoot or pass on again and easier tap in type goal EVERY match. I have seen one shot from outside the box and no central play from the AI.

After a while on 19 you just get so used to how the AI attacks that you think it's ok!
But firing up Pes 18 a few days a go made me realise how broken CPU attack is on 19.
This is how it needs to play,this is a game I played on my ML,played it twice since I wanted to see how it plays under two different circumstances (rainy/sunny)
How hard is it to implement this on to 19?
Everything else is great on 19 except attack.
Imagine what a breath of fresh air CPU attacking is on 18 Vs 19

Did I say that you mentioned me?
Your post was so condescending,calling out a whole fucking community as bunch of cry babies.
Would love to see your "non low cross game" though
How about showing us some of it

It just sounds like you've taken it completely the wrong way with your response, you might want to have a glass of water.

i play top player and superstar and AI does the wing attack all the time, you can somewhat defend it quite easy but any chance it gets it goes wide. The bigger issue for me is when there is a clear run on goal or scoring opportunity and it will still go wide then cross. There are tons of videos on this. The only time it will shoot from distance is if there is 100% chance it will score.

Try this ..dibble out of the goal with your keeper to about 40 yards or so then give it to an attacker - it will shoot - and score - i believe its all about some probability calculation set too high which is why if its not a 98% chance it will score it will always try and find that probability which is wing - 6 yard box

i play top player and superstar and AI does the wing attack all the time, you can somewhat defend it quite easy but any chance it gets it goes wide. The bigger issue for me is when there is a clear run on goal or scoring opportunity and it will still go wide then cross. There are tons of videos on this. The only time it will shoot from distance is if there is 100% chance it will score.

Try this ..dibble out of the goal with your keeper to about 40 yards or so then give it to an attacker - it will shoot - and score - i believe its all about some probability calculation set too high which is why if its not a 98% chance it will score it will always try and find that probability which is wing - 6 yard box

ok, so that is exactly how i would describe it and its still happening after the patch.

HOWEVER, i said this about last years game too... when a new patch comes out start a new ML and test it then as i found that patches do not seem save compatible.

Yes. I have experienced the same. I think the way AI attacks on Regular difficulty is good, no AI low crosses, more varied.

So unless the people who think the problem doesn't exist or is "absolute bollocks" show some evidence it would suggest they are playing on regular difficulty and telling porkies about it. :WOOT:

So unless the people who think the problem doesn't exist or is "absolute bollocks" show some evidence it would suggest they are playing on regular difficulty and telling porkies about it. :WOOT:
Its exactly the same from professional difficulty up to superstar. Ive been playing all 3 of them. Prof on manual, Top and Superstar on PS1.
Every team plays the same, regardless of team status or league (played in Holland, Spain, Italy and England)
AI is predictable AF. For the moment, anyway.
You can limit it by changing formations, marking their wingers (preferably with your side MF's), deep defensive line and full back tactics. But there is no denying that AI goes to the wing and passes low into 6 yards box for an easy goals most of the time.
They dont do anything which is risky. They dont dribble, they dont shoot from distance.

It can be related to probability of scoring the goal, could be related to AI set up to go mostly from wings, i dont know.
But these are facts.
Cant believe we are still discusing it at this point. There is more than enough clips out there. Only blind person would deny it.

Im not saying the game cant be enjoyable, but offensive AI definetely needs adjustments.

The limited attacking AI wouldn't bother me so much if I could play an expansive game of my own going forward. I can't.

Dribbling or trying to dribble is a complete waste of time yet again. None of the tricks work and neither does the fake shot or pass. The 'auto shield' kicks in about 10% of the time it should, the rest of the time my attackers are perfectly happy to be brushed off the ball in half a second.

Long range shots are boring, limited and pre-determined to land in one of about 6 spots. Finesse shots are futile and useless again.

No time or space to ever do anything creative due to the opposition's obsession with 6 defensive midfielders regardless of game context. Konami either need to make the pitch bigger or stop setting every team to all out defend for 90% of the match, because it's as boring as fuck at the moment.

Personally I find attacking play a fun and mostly rewarding experience, although I do agree: PES still feels a bit too much like a passing simulator, in that the game prioritizes and rewards that aspect of play more than anything else. I have a hunch that that's also why the CPU can be so one-dimensional in its attacking play.

Don't agree that it's an issue with space however. For me, if anything there's too much space, especially in midfield, and while I agree dribbling is not near as rewarding as passing, because of the amount of space I usually can dribble half the length of the pitch once or twice in a match.

That's the downside coming in here and calling everyone a bunch of sheeps dude,especially when not providing any substance or evidence that proves us wrong.
Put up a video ?

If you were worth the effort I would. And who called everyone a bunch of sheep, I said some are, so if you feel that includes you then that's your problem.

Anyway, back on topic.

Last edited:

I play on Top Player and have decent varied matches against the AI, but I suppose you won't believe it.

I would like to see more long shots from the AI though.

I play on Top Player and have decent varied matches against the AI, but I suppose you won't believe it.

I would like to see more long shots from the AI though.
I have stayed quiet when reading your posts but I must get involved....

How come , there are 100s of posts on here and on Reddit, all moaning about the terrible, awful AI in PES 2019?

How come everytime official PES tweet, there are 100s of replies with people moaning about how the AI attacks in the same manner nearly every time?

Do you have a different version of the game to the rest of us? Because it certainly appears so.

Back
Top Bottom