PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

amazing how opinions differ around the game. I think it's a great representation of the game. I love it. I am easily satisfied i guess :)

Im not saying that PES 2019 is a bad game. Not at all. Perhaps Ive raised my expectations too much.

Nice weekend to you all.

sure but I played the FIFA19 demo, and when I went back to PES it felt like heaven compared to FIFA gameplay.
Opposite for me, I can't finish a game on PES without switching it off. Feels dated and the AI even more so.

Only bought it because of the SPL and the partnerships with Celtic and Rangers...they haven't even bothered to update the official partner teams weeks after launch. It's as if they can't be arsed

Yeah, this was a $60 lesson for me. This is the last PES I'm buying until they sort their shit out. Attacking AI is the worst thing I've ever seen. Slow ass reaction times costing me games online and bs scripting. They need to get rid of Adam, Asim (social media manager LOL) and those clowns that waste our time. All they post is about myshit.

F this bullshit.

They barely post at all. I don't think getting rid of them makes a difference.

Are you playing manual shooting? How do you do these type of headers?

Advanced I think. I score those headers too. And I use advanced shooting. I know people don't belidve it, but at first all my headers floated over the goal. For some reason, lately I score them. I'm getting better I suppose? Or.... just maybe... Nah... I must be getting better.

Here is a pic of a team containing all of the highest rated players it's given me;

565lwZ4.jpg

That is just ridiculous after 3 weeks, and having barely even played the mode.

i think this idea is correct :
you will have a high return rate at game start
your high returns will be nerfed when in-forms come through - probably when free to play comes in to attract the new F2P market.

i think that konami are actually ON SCHEDULE i.e. the plan is to have PES fully up and running by the date free-to-play comes out i.e. F2P MyClub is the core of PES 2019.

and what you are effectively playing at the moment is a MyClub beta

Sorry, pal. There is a lot of people here. Didnt remember it was you.
Maybe its a bit of both. Im not programmer myself. Its all wild guessing here.

Edit:
There is one example, where probability theory doesnt really apply:

Being a programmer, can confirm.

Since cranking it up to superstar i have been having much more fun playing on PA1, Adv Shooting. I tried Adv through ball but hated it, just feels wrong.

AI strikers seem more lethal, there is still over used wing play by the AI but it seems now my players that im not controlling move a tad better. My strikers still dont make the intelligent runs the 70 attack AI opposition striker makes but at least they seem to move better than the way they did on TP.

Advanced I think. I score those headers too. And I use advanced shooting. I know people don't belidve it, but at first all my headers floated over the goal. For some reason, lately I score them. I'm getting better I suppose? Or.... just maybe... Nah... I must be getting better.

If you're playing ML, then it's the team spirit increasing that's resulting in you scoring more headers. If not, then you must just be getting better!

I've played quite a lot of online co-op games now and I seem to be the only PA0 player in this mode. Such a shame as the games can be a lot of fun, but the assistance for the other players is ridiculous. Very little skill required and so many hit and hope passes that make it perfectly to a teamate.

If you're playing ML, then it's the team spirit increasing that's resulting in you scoring more headers. If not, then you must just be getting better!

I don't play ML :D

But it is very odd. Aftee 40 games I still couldn't score a decent header. Then suddenly on a sunday morning, I score headers like crazy and it never stopped after that day. Really nice headers too. If the AI of the cpu and distance shots would have a higher success ratio, it would be a better game. And the GK runnig forward every now and then ofcourse.

Yes, it would be great. To many little annoying things holds this game back from what it could, no, should have been. It's only great playing offline vs human.

Unbelievable, really. No other words.

I hope it is ok to put this here. Pes getting a bashing in a Fifa review. It really is hard to believe, that having got the graphics/animations up to a pretty good standard, they would release a pes game with such poor offline ai. There is always something with this game these days that Konami kick us in the nads with - pure, blatant neglect towards their offline playing fan base. I am glad that they are getting so much flak regarding these issues. Treat all of your customers with respect next time, please - release a complete, finished game!

"It’s not just that PES has been found wanting when it comes to new modes, it also delivered a product this year with an (as yet unfixed) deeply problematic bug in the artificial intelligence, rendering offline play tedious and predictable."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/19/fifa...e-pitch-rewarding-off-it-7957302/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Afraid it felt like back to how it was last night played Scotland and they must have done 8 or 9 wing attacks ..felt totally different to the other day

It’s called placebo effect...you were all looking for something that isn’t there.
I genuinely believe it's down to the team you're playing against and who you're playing as and how your team is set up. There's been a lot of variety in approach play from all different teams and I've played around 120 ML matches now on Professional. A good balance between playing down the wing and down the centre, long balls, short passes, high crosses, ambitious shots from different angles in the penalty area etc. There's not really been a dominant pattern of play, nothing that obvious anyway.

In the demo I didn't need to use the super cancel much at all while defending. If I had a player charging to a loose ball, and it was clear he wasn't going to get there 1st, I'd just aim away from it with the LS and he'd stop.

This doesn't happen in the full game.

Defenders are programed to attack the ball very quickly, and the user can't stop their initial charge towards the ball carrier. Doesn't matter what defensive tactic you have either, they always charge.
Another piece of evidence that the AI are lacking intelligence, or any decent programming awareness when they just walk away from opposition player, leaving the user to fight just as hard against his own players than the opposition.
One of the reasons why defending 1-2s is a pain in the arse. The main reason is that they are so assisted, and easy to pull of even a baby can spam them all game.

The more they 'tighten' gameplay elements the more linear, restrictive, and less free the game becomes.

KONAMI: STOP putting those digital adboards in the epl matches and fix the darn AI, because no on will buy ur product in the current format, fix the darn Ai and stop putting those adboards...and lower the price of ur unfinished product

Back
Top Bottom