PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Daniel Henry still insisting on twitter that there are no AI issues with PES 2019.

I despair.

You get fanboys with everything. The Xbox fanboys. Playstation fanboys. FIFA fanboys.

But the worst fanboys I've come across in my 25+ years of gaming are the PES fanboys. They simply will never accept any issues with the game. "Go and play FIFA then!" is what I see thrown around on Reddit and Twitter a lot. It's not the fix is it? A lot of people here are diehard PES players from the past (myself included). Why can't they see these issues, it's just weird.
In Daniels case it's because he lied about the game on here and another forum's, he isn't going to suddenly accept he was lying to us thus he keeps ignoring the very real issues the game has.

It's sad but these guys have egos that will never allow them to go backline their word

(but nobody loves broken transfers, for example - that's a factual, non-opinion-based issue).

I do think the broken transfer thing is greatly exaggerated. Ive done a load of sims using the default game data and an option file. It does need fixing, but it only cripples 2 or 3 of the EPL teams for one transfer window. Come January they fix themselves.

Of course thats bad, but its not game breaking. I also dont see any studs moving club to club either. Definitely not on a regular every save basis anyway. Its much better than previous PES markets.

Thats not a pop at you btw, just wanted to add that in as an opinion on the transfer market itself. IF Konami fix the 2/3 suicide teams, then id be quite happy with how the market works.

Daniel Henry still insisting on twitter that there are no AI issues with PES 2019.

I despair.

You get fanboys with everything. The Xbox fanboys. Playstation fanboys. FIFA fanboys.

But the worst fanboys I've come across in my 25+ years of gaming are the PES fanboys. They simply will never accept any issues with the game. "Go and play FIFA then!" is what I see thrown around on Reddit and Twitter a lot. It's not the fix is it? A lot of people here are diehard PES players from the past (myself included). Why can't they see these issues, it's just weird.

I used to have Daniel Henry on my friends list on my PS4, and he used to message me saying the problems in Pes 18 will get fixed by a monster patch, when then patch came out and I had a match, they ai was still backheeling alot of their passes and the first thing he messaged me was didnt you notice the ai don't back heel anymore.

After that I deleted him and never believed a word he said anymore

PES takes the serious mickey.

I spent umpteen hours/days trying to perfect PES/remove stutter/get option files to better a game that is presented without these things.

This year they sell what sounds like a broken AI.

My days of compromise are over. They need to wake up, get rid of bots like daniel and curd, and do their own thing.

if you can't get licenses, innovate with what you have. You have the gameplay yet you're too chicken too do anything else but try to be like Fifa with special players and legend and the such like.

When folks I know used to say they played FIFA I used to tell them that sucks and PES is much better.

I'm no longer proud to be affiliated with PES nor guys like daniel who gain my revenue ad time from fake news so I stopped supporting/buying.

I despair.

He's not a fanboy, he's a paid employee.

Its a shame, because with a simple tweak the PC game is great to play. Honestly you wouldnt have many if any complaints. Had some absolute crackers, it goes to show that there is a game underneath all the tripe

I did, I had to. Sometimes they are fast like a rocket when I press the button only oh so slightly. Makes me furious.
Couldnt get my head around them myself. But I highly recommend L2+circle for lofted ones. Works great. (Again - thanks to whoever told me to try it)

Reactions: Tom
To me FIFA's player signing are terrible. You can buy virtually anybody no matter whatever clubs you played as long as you have the money. Also, the so-called interactive scene are cringeworthy, totally sucking up to younger generation of bedroom manager. Pointless addition, not immersive at all.

You could try going into transfer rules for each player and set each one to "refuse all",and see what happens,if You have not already done that.
I played Vs RomaRoma yesterday and Jamie "chit chat get banged" Vardy was playing for them.
Jamie doesn't feel continental in my opinion:)
Think he'll have a hard time adapting in Bella Roma.

That's acctually a good idea to go over some teams and set "refuse all" to star players in Leicester and WHU especially

Last edited:
Doesn't the manual passing feel very loose?
Ball passing between both your closest team mates when passing in that direction.
Not a complain,I acctually think it's one of the best manual passing Pes games,minus crosses,which somehow feels a bit predestined/scripted.
Some games you'll hit them all,some none

You could try going into transfer rules for each player and set each one to "refuse all",and see what happens,if You have not already done that.
How do you do this for CPU's players in PS4? Through ML?Edit mode?
NOTE: Not for our squad, for CPU controlled team roster.In case i am not lost in translation, there is a misunderstanding here i think. :?

Last edited:

I despair.

"The AI is not broken..." he says

- AI wing and low cross obsession
- AI randomly R2 dribbling off the pitch as if they can't 'see' the lines
- AI refusing to shoot in clear goal scoring positions
- AI turning back and passing when there's a clear opportunity to run towards goal
- AI not shooting from range
- AI not sprint dribbling in possession
- AI not using skills/tricks or dribbling in 1v1 scenarios
- AI keeper glued to line in 1v1's

All perfectly normal and acceptable apparently.

Flat. Earth. Society.

The irony is these defend PES at all costs demented fanboys will be the ones that kill the game, not people who spent money and aren't satisfied with the product.

I do think the broken transfer thing is greatly exaggerated. Ive done a load of sims using the default game data and an option file. It does need fixing, but it only cripples 2 or 3 of the EPL teams for one transfer window. Come January they fix themselves.

Of course thats bad, but its not game breaking. I also dont see any studs moving club to club either. Definitely not on a regular every save basis anyway. Its much better than previous PES markets.

Thats not a pop at you btw, just wanted to add that in as an opinion on the transfer market itself. IF Konami fix the 2/3 suicide teams, then id be quite happy with how the market works.

Immediately on a ML I start after this, the AI goes bananas :D Everton have 14 players left, 4 keepers in that!

First time ive seen the AI blitz that bad, I mean teams sold up, but still had 16 players and viable subs in that.

Sweet lord, the AI in this game is horrible! How can the PS2 titles from 3000000 years ago be more advanced than this atrocity? I seriously don't understand. Do they need to fire the whole team and start again?
I guess they do,but they would still slap you that 60 usd price and those big arse adboards in epl,fix ur darn ai first

He's not a fanboy, he's a paid employee.

What's always frustrated me the most about Daniel is that unfortunately because he's not the sharpest tool in the box he is able to delude himself into believing his own lies, so he probably truly believes there are no problems and fully believes he has the moral high ground. You just can't reason with someone like that.

Hi. Im a long term lurker. Felt like I had to log in to share my thoughts.

I've been a long term massive fan of pro going back to the SNES. Every year I'd buy it with excitement. As I did again this year.

The problems are well documented already. Poor attacking ai. Goalkeepers not coming of their lines is a real immersion breaker.

I'm at the point where Im done with the game an pretty much the whole series and Konami.

The last somewhat good one for me was pretty 11 and that had problems.

Coming up from then we had:

Pes 12: shots down the center cos keepers couldn't make saves.

Pes 13: couldn't score headers. Poor keepers in 1 on 1s. Basic shooting system.

Pes 14: a complete mess of a game. Like a demo.

Pes 15: keepers and shooting again too basic and not enough animations or variety.

Pes 16: arcade shooting bullet shots.frantic gameplay too.

Pes 18: balls over the top by the ai. Still a poor an arcade shooting.

And now we have 19. Which has th the ai problems and keepers too. Also for me the individuality is good when you are in control of the player. But when you play the ai the individuality is zero cos the way team's play

I'm an offline player. So with all of these problems every year, coupled with a ever worsening of the master league and Bal, I feel like I'm done with it.

Konami have got so much money off me over the years.

I'm going to by FIFA this year and be done with pro. A lot of people say FIFA has no soul. The last time pro had some for me was maybe 2011 and before that the ps2 days.

Milan v Atalanta right now,2-1 Milan,all three goals on crosses.
2/3 on low crosses,both just tapped in.
If the CPU just took some shoots,it would acctually reflect real football,at least the Milan v Atalanta game I'm watching right now.
And no not really defending Konami AI,just stating how a game that I'm watching is played

Patch/update must come soon right?
They usually have all kits right late September don't they.

That's a bit harsh, In my opinion. I came on to give thoughts on a game. I wasn't in an argumetative tone or directed at anyone.

No harsh intent Mate,You shared Your thoughts, stated Your preferences .Perhaps You will share Your findings in the FIFA thread now?

You clearly have not enjoyed last 6 or 7 issues of the game, so does this thread hold any attraction for You?

.....A lot of people say FIFA has no soul. The last time pro had some for me was maybe 2011 and before that the ps2 days.

I kind of get where admin are coming from because if you feel no soul since 2011 - why you keep buying it? (perhaps i know the answer : the hope for a perfect game)

For me, PES has has more soul than Fifa since maybe 2007 (although Fifa 2010 World Cup was pretty good)...I switched back to PES about 2010

Also if you are suggesting EA's FIFA has more soul - you must be crazy. FUT will cost some people £1000+ tto bag Messi/CR7.

The problem we are faced with is that PES is becoming SOUL-less - particularly this year - and a stand needs to be made

Last edited:
No harsh intent Mate,You shared Your thoughts, stated Your preferences .Perhaps You will share Your findings in the FIFA thread now?

You clearly have not enjoyed last 6 or 7 issues of the game, so does this thread hold any attraction for You?

I understand what you are saying. I was just sharing my thoughts and having played the game for years I felt like I wanted to share my frustrations with the game.

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot

I understand what you are saying. I was just sharing my thoughts and having played the game for years I felt like I wanted to share my frustrations with the game.

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot

Don't worry, just because you didn't like a lot about the recent games doesn't mean your opinion doesn't matter. At least you specified what you didn't like about each game (which many others have done in this thread). Bit of an over reaction to your first post tbh, hope you stick around. :)

Back
Top Bottom