PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Disappointing they are not communicating with the people that bought the game to let em know what they are working on to improve gameplay, this is the quietest they have been after release, it’s like they don’t give a shit.
Or...
There is a big shit storm behind the closed door. Big heads from Konami are checking Twitter and all they see are negative comments and people raging.
So maybe, just maybe, they took all the responsible for Pes19 and gave them proper bashing. We might even see some heads rolling if situation wont change soon.
That would be nice.
Maybe not heads rolling, but a proper kick in the ass might be needed there.
After all its all about money, and myClub itself will not keep this series going (especially this years myClub, where after a month everyone has Marvel Superheroes teams and everyone is getting bored already.)

After all its all about money, and myClub itself will not keep this series going
It's the only thing keeping it going now. The career mode guys aren't happy. From what I can see, it's myClub and "Legends" filling the coffers (along with the mobile game).

I haven't played or bought PES for a while now but reading the comments it's such a sad state of affair. I always followed the release and the lead up to it. I played PES, was a hardcore fan boy, even refused to play the other game. I know this is the PES section of the forum but I do have to mention the other game.

I downloaded the FIFA 19 demo the other day, and I have to say EA has done good with the Champions League license. FIFA 14 was the last FIFA I bought, I didn't like it and haven't touched FIFA since. They have come a long way since then. Konami held the CL license for so many years but the way they executed was poor from a presentation point of view, they never improved on it, it never had the CL night feel. Every year it was just slapped on. It's simply not good enough from Konami anymore. The Pitch Is Ours - Based on the comments, I'm not even sure they can live by that motto. And why is it that every year there is some kind of issue with players and transfers in Master League?

PES have better player faces, better player models, better shirts but these should be the standard now in today's gaming terms. It's not good enough to boast about better faces, or how many real faces is being implemented because thats is what customers feel should be standard now. I too am critical of the other game in those areas I mentioned, they can do better with the faces and model as well but at the same time they offer so much more, the UI, the modes, presentation, and now gameplay is debatable.

I would hate to see the series die out. But at the same time if they carry on like this it's hard to feel sorry for them.

It's the only thing keeping it going now. The career mode guys aren't happy. From what I can see, it's myClub and "Legends" filling the coffers (along with the mobile game).
I know. But for how long? Online have lags, connection issues and very few modes to play. Besides, no one has to work hard to be rewarded (and no one has to pay much). Most people already have crazy teams, without spending any money. They made a balls not only from offline perspective, but online also. They made is too easy this year.

And once you achieve "max" level, then how long a game can keep you interested?
I know its a bit different, its a football game.
But even with that, people will loose interest soon enough.
When the other game comes out Pes will start noticing huge drop on the servers.
MyClub is poor.

And every day more offline players are turning away. They might not admit it, but they are in trouble.

I know. But for how long? Online have lags, connection issues and very few modes to play. Besides, no one has to work hard to be rewarded (and no one has to pay much). Most people already have crazy teams, without spending any money. They made a balls not only from offline perspective, but online also. They made is too easy this year.

And once you achieve "max" level, then how long a game can keep you interested?
I know its a bit different, its a football game.
But even with that, people will loose interest soon enough.
When the other game comes out Pes will start noticing huge drop on the servers.
MyClub is poor.

And every day more offline players are turning away. They might not admit it, but they are in trouble.

They are def in trouble the latest Myclub social post has a full set of negative replies and many frustrated users.

I know. But for how long? Online have lags, connection issues and very few modes to play.
I've never known PES be different in this regard. At what point do people give up and say "I'm not buying the game now"? Do they ever? We haven't!

Besides, no one has to work hard to be rewarded (and no one has to pay much). Most people already have crazy teams, without spending any money.
I think this is a big part of their strategy and it has been for years; give the superstars as standard, get them hooked, and then introduce the classic players (the kids think they're cool, the old-school PES players actually know who they are) - and they're some of the most highly-rated players.

"Hey guys, come and get all your favourite players, right now! Oh wow look, you got Messi on your first spin, well done! Have a Ronaldo free to go with him! Look, here's a classic Beckham for you! That's special! Aren't you lucky?! You're world-beaters and you barely switched the console on! You're so amazing at this game!"

"Who's your favourite team? Liverpool? Look, classic Owen! You've already got an amazing team - you're amazing by the way - but I bet you want him! Struggling to win? Because everyone else has got a team as good as yours? Maybe this Owen will help you! Not enough GP? How about a few £££s? That's all it costs!"

"Did you win now you have Owen? No? Wait, you probably need Fowler to go alongside him! Just a bit more £££ and he can be yours! You've bought Owen, you have to get Fowler to go with him, really! Give it a spin! Oh no, you got Bjørnebye? He's good! But you wanted Fowler didn't you... Spin again?"

They're not the only ones doing this - obviously. But Konami as a company are mobile-focused and gamble-focused. Pachinko machines, mobile games with loot boxes, PES (and PES Mobile) with IAPs.

They've released financial figures before, and the money they make through in-app purchases is insane. Same with the other game - sales of the game itself are dwarfed by in-app purchases.

I think it's less about "Konami are in trouble" and more "Konami are swimming in the pool of cash while it lasts" - with as little running costs for all their ventures as possible in the meantime (there are a lot of articles about working conditions over there).

Zero. Sony are infamous for not giving refunds. Even when your account gets hacked.
Just as I thought :(

I've had a refund for PES 2018 on Xbox One last year because it was shambolic and I had only played it for an hour. I did wonder if Playstation might honour me just this once.

I'm the sucker for buying it digital though. NEVER buy PES digital.

I think it's funny how the "Legend Edition" costs £20 more and the only real difference is that you get one random "Legend" in MyClub... Most of which aren't even the best player in their positions any more with these featured players you can get for free every week...

Look how much worse Owen is compared to featured G. Simeone...

https://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2019/compare/?id=817,1109270

Ronaldinho is arguably worse than featured Ziyech;

https://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2019/compare/?id=1631,1095578

Figo v Featured Hazard;

https://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2019/compare/?id=840,14717062

There's loads more as well - featured Pepe is a better CB than Maldini, featured Rodinei as good as Cafu etc... Some of the lower end "Legends" like McManaman or Zamorano might as well be binned straight away, and people paid £20 for this one "spin" for a legend player.

No criticism to you guys who play mainly offline (I get your frustration, it's really relevant) but should we have separate threads for offline/online perhaps?

I have many happy memories of playing PES right from Iss pro on the PlayStation 1 so I'm sorry to see its decline. I didn't buy 18 or 19 after playing the demos.
This weekend I played PES17 on my PlayStation Pro and I've had a blast with it. IMO apart from graphics and animation its way better than 18 or 19 Konami are going backwards instead of forwards. Maybe the poor sales will wake them up to the fact that customers have far better options and will not settle for a 2nd rate game no matter how good the gameplay was years ago.

I've never known PES be different in this regard. At what point do people give up and say "I'm not buying the game now"? Do they ever? We haven't!

I think this is a big part of their strategy and it has been for years. The superstars are standard. The classic players are the money (especially with the older players).

"Hey guys, come and get all your favourite players, right now! Oh wow look, you got Messi on your first spin, well done! Have a Ronaldo free to go with him! Look, here's a classic Beckham for you! That's special! Aren't you lucky?! You're world-beaters and you barely switched the console on! You're so amazing at this game!"

"Who's your favourite team? Liverpool? Look, classic Owen! You've already got an amazing team - you're amazing by the way - but I bet you want him! Struggling to win? Because everyone else has got a team as good as yours? Maybe this Owen will help you! Not enough GP? How about a few £££s? That's all it costs!"

"Did you win now you have Owen? No? Wait, you probably need Fowler to go alongside him! Just a bit more £££ and he can be yours! You've bought Owen, you have to get Fowler to go with him, really! Give it a spin! Oh no, you got Stig Inge Bjornebye? He's still good! But you wanted Fowler didn't you... Spin again?"

They're not the only ones doing this - obviously. But Konami as a company are mobile-focused and gamble-focused. Pachinko machines, mobile games with loot boxes, PES (and PES Mobile) with its in-app purchases.

They've released financial figures before, and the money they make through in-app purchases is insane. Same with the other game - sales of the game itself are dwarfed by in-app purchases.

I think it's less about "Konami are in trouble" and more "Konami are swimming in the pool of cash while it lasts" - with as little running costs for all their ventures as possible in the meantime (there are a lot of articles about working conditions over there).
You could be right.
They might just milk it while they can and pull the plug eventually.

I only know that I've never seen so much negativity around any of the previous PES games.

I was frustrated with few things here and there in the past, but I never thought about giving up on PES.

This year its not really about a fact that game is unfinished and need fixes (we had it every year). For me personally its their approach and attitude towards people.

I will keep 2019. Not planning on selling it. I'll keep it out of sentiment I have towards this series. Been a nice 25 years.
It would be great if they fixed it, but if they dont I wont be crying. Dont really care at this point.
I will keep bashing them on Twitter, coz they deserve it. And because I hate ignorance and arrogance.

You made an interesting point there, Chris.

"At what point do people give up and say "I'm not buying the game now"? Do they ever? We haven't"

Well I can tell you now - they finally reached my breaking point after all those years.
Am I sad? Frustrated? Annoyed? Not really. I was. Now Im just indifferent.
This is my last PES. Next year I will not be lurking from the bushes, reading reviews, or anything like it. Im just not interested in this company and their product anymore.
And I honestly think that there is a lot of people who feel exactly the same now.

Last edited:
I still dont believe that they will leave it this way. Surely someone as looked at what they have done to the PC version via mods and will think, if we just implement that, then the game is good enough to get away with. Thats all they need to do, it dosent need a massive overhaul, just a few changes and the game itself will be easily the best they have made.

Its a shame that the consoles suffer from this, in my eyes its still the home of the game... but if you have a decent PC then it makes no sense to not get the game on that platform.

Is any one who still likes the game still around in this forum? it's getting so dramatic in here :)...

I like it. Very much. But I know it's because I play vs humans offline. Yes I played against the AI. And it's boring and they spam the wings with low crosses. I even played at regular because I hate the way the AI plays. They don't spam the wing at regular, but they don't defend either. So it's too easy. I never played the AI lower then topplayer for 20 years. But this game made me do it, because I get into a rage of almost no return when I play topplayer or higher.

I play against humans offline for 95%. The game is truly amazing then. It shines offline vs humans, really it does. It's not perfect, don't get me wrong. But I dare to say it's on of the best PES games.

But online or against the AI, I dare to say it's the worst soccergame I have ever played. If I didn't play with friends so much, I would probably burned my copy.

The first year i don't buy Pes is the first year AI is totally broken. I would have totally wasted my money buying it, that is one more reason offline for me is unplayable this year, i am happy i didn't fall for the first few days hype.

And what about Myclub that is already dead because they gave black balls so easily there is no more excitement to build the team and what about the usual lag that is there every year after the first few days...

It's quite astonishing that even totally focusing on online and Myclub they still managed to fail.

P.s. Now i'm starting to feel a bit Fifa hype though. :JAY:

Last edited:
@Cyrax77
Agree. Hum Vs Hum offline is about the only mode where pes19 shines. And it is one of the best ones they had.
If I had a son, I could probably squeeze another 25 years from PES, same way my old man was playing ISS with me.
But I have a 4 year old girl, so might have to switch to Farmville at some stage...:LOL:

aftter couple of games i have a quiestion, why we support a game that:

- keepers stuck on line
- keeper make same dive ever and ever again
- on full manuell headers are broken
- shot varianty still a mess
- AI is a shame
- CPU dont make any fouls
- penaltys none ecxist
- PES moments arte gone like in the good old days
- every year full game is fucked up compare to Demo / Beta
- dynamic weather is just joke

and the same faults year for year ??? and Konami give a fuck maybe some gameplay tweak in the next couplpe of months ???

dont get it anymore...

@rojofa those players are "featured players of the week", with a big increase on many attributes only for myclub:

G. Simeone > "Featured Player" (let's says FP)
https://www.pesmaster.com/g-simeone/pes-2019/player/1109270/

G. Simeone > the real one:
https://www.pesmaster.com/g-simeone/pes-2019/player/60694/

It's like an improvement of Myclub for having more variety of players who's very good matches, with increased attributes. So they could compete with high level players, but i don't think you could keep them forever.

You can't compare them to Legends because they aren't playing anymore.
There's a FP version for Hazard as you said, Messi ect. making them total beast (even with Messi FP version have practically similar stats as Maradona, but faster)

aftter couple of games i have a quiestion, why we support a game that:

- keepers stuck on line
- keeper make same dive ever and ever again
- on full manuell headers are broken
- shot varianty still a mess
- AI is a shame
- CPU dont make any fouls
- penaltys none ecxist
- PES moments arte gone like in the good old days
- every year full game is fucked up compare to Demo / Beta
- dynamic weather is just joke

and the same faults year for year ??? and Konami give a fuck maybe some gameplay tweak in the next couplpe of months ???

dont get it anymore...

Too much passion for Pes. So much passion, while there is not even an inch of passion left in Konami. They are even worse than EA while developing Pes. At least EA tries to improve it to attract people, while Konami only tried to attract people the first month before Fifa release for that early sales. They don't care at all if the game releases as totally unfinished, as i said they have no passion for their product.

@Cyrax77
Agree. Hum Vs Hum offline is about the only mode where pes19 shines. And it is one of the best ones they had.
If I had a son, I could probably squeeze another 25 years from PES, same way my old man was playing ISS with me.
But I have a 4 year old girl, so might have to switch to Farmville at some stage...:LOL:

I have 2 daughters too, so I also play on the Switch. It's a hard life being a dad. I must game to keep the kids happy. The wife understands... Sometimes... but I am not allowed to play PES 2019 against the AI. Dad is not in a good mood then. Every sound they make whilst playing PES is to loud. It's their fault if I loose.

Is any one who still likes the game still around in this forum? it's getting so dramatic in here :)...

It's ok.
Thing is it's ruined by dumb AI.
I can forgive the master league and lack of everything if the game play from AI was not broke. But it is and it takes the sense of anything can happen to I know what's gonna happen here cos you've seen it so much.
If AI was fixed this would be a great game cos player models, likeness, passing and crossing shits all over Fifa19.

I'd like to say it's been a pleasure but I'm done. I've just listed mine on eBay. I have no faith left in Konami or the clowns who front marketing and customer relations. I'm done with the series until there's an actual evolution or the series implodes under its blinkered ego. Roll on Red Dead.

I like it. Very much. But I know it's because I play vs humans offline. Yes I played against the AI. And it's boring and they spam the wings with low crosses. I even played at regular because I hate the way the AI plays. They don't spam the wing at regular, but they don't defend either. So it's too easy. I never played the AI lower then topplayer for 20 years. But this game made me do it, because I get into a rage of almost no return when I play topplayer or higher.

I play against humans offline for 95%. The game is truly amazing then. It shines offline vs humans, really it does. It's not perfect, don't get me wrong. But I dare to say it's on of the best PES games.

But online or against the AI, I dare to say it's the worst soccergame I have ever played. If I didn't play with friends so much, I would probably burned my copy.

The game could be amazing on human vs human but vs AI is not as bad as it's described either. Playing regular and professional difficulties the game is very balanced and I just don't understand the wing spam issue, it's just doesn't happen as described in my experience. it could be coming from playing top players/super star levels or something? I'd give Konami some credit for this year's game. And yes there're things to fix (including an overhaul of ML).

The game could be amazing on human vs human but vs AI is not as bad as it's described either. Playing regular and professional difficulties the game is very balanced and I just don't understand the wing spam issue, it's just doesn't happen as described in my experience. it could be coming from playing top players/super star levels or something? I'd give Konami some credit for this year's game. And yes there're things to fix (including an overhaul of ML).

I can't agree with you. The wing spam issue is there and it ruins the game against AI for my. I can't play on regular because it's way to easy. On professional it spams the wings less then on top or superstar but far to much for keeping it fun to play.

@rojofa those players are "featured players of the week", with a big increase on many attributes only for myclub:

G. Simeone > "Featured Player" (let's says FP)
https://www.pesmaster.com/g-simeone/pes-2019/player/1109270/

G. Simeone > the real one:
https://www.pesmaster.com/g-simeone/pes-2019/player/60694/

It's like an improvement of Myclub for having more variety of players who's very good matches, with increased attributes. So they could compete with high level players, but i don't think you could keep them forever.

You can't compare them to Legends because they aren't playing anymore.
There's a FP version for Hazard as you said, Messi ect. making them total beast (even with Messi FP version have practically similar stats as Maradona, but faster)
You do keep them forever though, which makes the legend players completely pointless. Most of them are already weaker than a FP, and with 40+ more weeks worth of FPs, none of the "legends" would even make it onto the bench of anyone's team except for maybe Maradona.

Back
Top Bottom