PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Exactly but they should know that next year is comming soon as usually and?

I don't know, they don't have a longtime vision strategy, they go on annual basis. Also, there will still be enough people that will still buy Pes even with this year issues.

Since taking a few hours yesterday and setting up tactics for the whole Series A and starting a ML I'm having really fun playing this game now.
It's a bit sluggish when on low TS,but it's also part of the challenge.

One thing being weird,and I think it's been like that at least since Pes 16,its when you play EL/CL in your ML,the game plays very different,if often get beaten,having no chance Vs low ranked team,real ping pong parties.
Weird and unplayable

Since taking a few hours yesterday and setting up tactics for the whole Series A and starting a ML I'm having really fun playing this game now
Thats one of my hopes. Once pesuniverse updates bundesliga with proper players appearances ill download it and start ML. Hopefully with a whole league created from scratch teams will play more random and interesting football.

Morning guys, good weekends I hope.

Managed a fair few games of PES 19 over the weekend, and in all honesty, I’m very nearly done with the game.
Out of the 12 or so games I played, 10 of them I hated. Pure frustrating, one dimensional garbage.

Its not just the LCS annoying me now, most of it is, every single team plays the exact same passage of play, over and over, every match.
AI Dispossess you as easily as nudging a 2 year old off their very first bike riding attempt, counter, play back to the wing, usually via a lofted pass, low cross into box, either first time shot, or first time backheel to waiting player, who you can get nowhere near even if you proactively track players and runs, for a first timer smash goal.

Theres no dribbling taking players on from the AI, no long shots, no slowing down play and controlling the game by keeping possession, just pure one dimensional counter attack, low cross spam BS. Every team.

AI also have surgical accuracy in front of goal, every goal is a first time smasher, into the top corner, doesn’t have to be Messi, Suarez, Kane or Salah, Calum Jones at Brentford, or Mike Smith at Rotherham will do.

AI slide tackles – 100% perfect every single team, no fouls, no ball bobbling away, just clean perfect sliding tackles taking possession, every time.

Stupid animations – play the ball back to your keeper with a gentle header and he wil dive through the air and catch it as if it was a rocket shot, just stand there and catch the f***ing ball like any normal keeper does FFS.

Passes going astray for no reason, a short sideways pass in midfield will randomly fire off to to a winger 40 yards away.

Beyond abysmal commentary – Taking a pot shout from 40 yards that flew over the cross bar, and commentator shrieks out that it was a poor miss and he should have hit the net. Commentary getting the score wrong claiming the score is 2-0, when its 1-0. ‘He’ll have a digggggg’ every damn shot !!! etc etc

Your players being magically moved out of the way, beyond your control, so that the AI gets a chance….

The pressing L or R of the D-Pad to move your defensive line up doesn’t even work, the idea of it is to push your back line forward so that you can play higher up the pitch, but when you do push your back 4 forward, a second later the CPU forwards push forward and your defense that you have just pushed up, instead of staying where you placed them, and catching the CPU offside, just moves back in line with the AI fwds. Pointless.

Every single physical interaction results in loss of possession, no jostling, no ability to have an impact on if you keep the ball or not, just instant dispossession.

Headers don’t exist – your players do not even seem to attempt to jump for the ball.

ML is hollow, stale and fundamentally broken, transfers are broken, release fees pointless as so low and no AI team EVER triggers a release fee anyway, injuries barely exist, no penalties, wages are totally disproportionate, almost impossible to sign any better players with the budget available.

Absolutely no care has been put into this game at all, there was clearly no testing, of anything, Konami just made a game that looks nice with decent animations and said ‘f*ck it, let them all play eachother online and make us millions from MyClub, we dont need to worry about AI or offline play’.
Because everything is broken, or extremely poor.

Konami can’t fix the transfer issue, so you’ll have to restart ML and waste the last months worth of time and effort just to get transfers that aren’t broken, they have never even acknowledged an AI patch, despite furore all over twitter about it, I have even complimented the team, and game, and politely, respectfully asked if they are aware of the AI issues on Twitter and plan to do anything about it, and never once got any sort of reply, ever.

Yet Saturday night, some guy tweeted @officialPES screenshots from FIFA of the refs spraycan on his belt, and said ‘We need this in PES, its so unrealistic not to have it’ and @officialPES tweeted right back saying they’d pass it on to the dev team.

Seriously? Spray cans on a refs belt, over a working AI?
Man i already know this even before you experience it, you should see pes 2018 with those lofted through balls and no passing error from cpu on superstar....i am done with the modern pes, back to pes 13

We need announce about big DLC and patch but they announce legens and faces. Don't get it what they are doing.
They don t care about us man, i told you, they just do marketing: come buy our fantastic game, big adboards on epl matches, the pitch is ours, fix your darn issues with gameplay before you go full on marketing....fix it..

Thats one of my hopes. Once pesuniverse updates bundesliga with proper players appearances ill download it and start ML. Hopefully with a whole league created from scratch teams will play more random and interesting football.
Still pissed of they took away D2,right now it's the biggest flaw for me,I can live with the CPU AI and other things,but making it harder to enjoy offline is really annoying

I also always think my first girlfriend was very hot. But when I looked her up at FB, she is not so fine present day.
ofc, she could be looking good on fb, maybe u should have chosen more carefully ;), maybe u wouldn t be so sad she was with u and not another one

@Cyrax77: Then you see her in real-life and you're shocked; turns out she lost a few pounds since that FB picture she took, got a few plastic surgeries and is now an instagram model, spends her travelling the world and has dated sheiks.
And now you're stuck with a girlfriend who doesn't even give two sh*ts about your offline gaming preferences.

:D First part..... could be. Second part. ...You're damn right. She doesn't give a sh*t.

Can't shake the feeling that Pes19's only goal was to get as many hands on the game before fifa's release.

Pes18 must've had a small bump in sales being out a few weeks before fifa came out. So this year extend that pre-release gap, free copies to all youtubers, and insane myclub super teams before playing even 1 match.
They know the games short comings.
They know that people will get bored playing with the best players pretty quickly.
I fail to see any longevity at all.

Last few years have felt a bit like a short sighted scam. This year definitely has.
Am I the only one thinking this strategy the Pes series is using is completely the opposite to what would make it great again?

Asim has posted the clearest indication that the issues lie with what is going on in Japan, or certainly the lead producer or developer of the game has decided.

I know people throw rubbish Asim's way - but as someone who works in communications, don't shoot the messenger is the best way to explain this. Certain things which i don't agree with the place i work for have happened, decisions taken above my head which have concerned me, but there is a clear heirachy and these people will do things their way or the highway and avoid the advice of experts, but what i'd never do is share this publically like Asim has, i'd be surprised if he'll still be working for Konami next year after this, he's basically pushed the front line issues away from himself and onto the developers. That'll if noticed will cause issues, as he's basically had enough.

He's clearly looking for a way out of Konami (hence posting about other games constantly) I give Adam and Asim a year and they'll be moving on, and it'll be a different PR strategy, and dare i say it one that is worse than what is in place.

The simple fact is Japan and the bosses there won't accept change, or be influenced by those "pushing for quick open communication" - it is a different culture, and one where people in the front line who don't toe their line will soon find life very difficult, or be pushed out. Fair play to Asim for doing this, i reckon he may delete these.

1. sim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    Replying to @david_witty @officialpes
    Also, some updates have already been provided and fixes have been put in place. What you don't see is how much me/my team have pushed for such things to happen (quick, open communication). That said, that's all we can do. We don't head up a global business. Just part of it.

2 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    I get people want updates, but what you and many others (I see me being bashed on evo-web every day) need to get is what is said and when isn't the decision of me/the social media team. We do the best we can. Feed back ALL issues. What happens after, not down to us/me.

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

3. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    Replying to @AsimTanvir @david_witty @officialpes
    Also, while we've fed back issues and other parties are doing what they need to or deciding, we still have a job to do based on direction give to us. Announcements and new myClub content. So please make informed call next time before putting all blame on me/my team. Thanks. (3/3)

0 replies0 retweets3 likes

4. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    We feedback ALL issues to the relevant parties. Pushing as hard as we can. Comms strategy or what is said after that, not decided by the social media team. This notion that it all falls on me/us is nonsense. Global business here, not just me/us running or deciding matters. (2/3)

2 replies0 retweets3 likes

5. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    Replying to @david_witty
    Right, going to clear something up here once and for all. I look after @officialpes with very limited resources. Don't have huge budgets, you see. We/they respond to as much as they can within that. Impossible to respond to everyone and keep them happy. (1/3)

2 replies0 retweets2 likes

6. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 12h12 hours ago
    Replying to @titoelportillo
    This tweet is from my personal account and has nothing to do with PES. Confused as to why you’d reply to this? Makes no logical sense. If you have any feedback, tweet the official PES account please. Thanks.
  1. sim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    Also, some updates have already been provided and fixes have been put in place. What you don't see is how much me/my team have pushed for such things to happen (quick, open communication). That said, that's all we can do. We don't head up a global business. Just part of it.

2 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    I get people want updates, but what you and many others (I see me being bashed on evo-web every day) need to get is what is said and when isn't the decision of me/the social media team. We do the best we can. Feed back ALL issues. What happens after, not down to us/me.

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

3. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    Also, while we've fed back issues and other parties are doing what they need to or deciding, we still have a job to do based on direction give to us. Announcements and new myClub content. So please make informed call next time before putting all blame on me/my team. Thanks. (3/3)

0 replies0 retweets3 likes

4. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    We feedback ALL issues to the relevant parties. Pushing as hard as we can. Comms strategy or what is said after that, not decided by the social media team. This notion that it all falls on me/us is nonsense. Global business here, not just me/us running or deciding matters. (2/3)

2 replies0 retweets3 likes

5. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 11h11 hours ago
    Replying to @david_witty
    Right, going to clear something up here once and for all. I look after @officialpes with very limited resources. Don't have huge budgets, you see. We/they respond to as much as they can within that. Impossible to respond to everyone and keep them happy. (1/3)

2 replies0 retweets2 likes

6. Asim Tanvir‏ @AsimTanvir 12h12 hours ago
    Replying to @titoelportillo
    This tweet is from my personal account and has nothing to do with PES. Confused as to why you’d reply to this? Makes no logical sense. If you have any feedback, tweet the official PES account please. Thanks.

Thats fair enough. I understand he has a job. I understand that there are decisions made above him and there is sweet fuck all he can do about it. I work in a huge corporation myself and have to deal with shit i dont agree myself.

What he need tho, is a bit of sensibility. For the moment he is just annoying people by not responding to any issues, while responding to stupid posts, like spray can for the referees.
All he has to do is to put up a post every now and again that development team was informed about the issues. That they are working on them. That they didnt forget about offline players and their issues. He doesnt have to bash Konami or disagree with his employers. But for fuck sake - have a little bit of respect towards people. Dont just post stupid shit and respond to stupid things, while ignoring important ones.

Who gives a chillie bean fart about spray can for referees, are these people just blindly play the game.
Fix the ai
Make keepers come out of their goal.
More fouls.
And it will be the best game there is

The problem, as always, must be the language barrier between English and Japanese.

I got an email back from Tony at konami when I was enquiring about squad slot limits in 2016.

Tony suggested I write again in English.

Could be hard to work with.

sack him
and adam and replace them with people who are going to get the job done, simple as that

Sack all the guys that preorder fake news, too.

He talks crap. He openly lied about PES pre release, he posted pictures of ML which were photoshopped after posting the actual screenshot. He deserves the criticism he is now getting, he might not control the outcome of the game but he shovels the lies Konami feed us every single year.

Asim has become like Adam.

Adam used to talk it up on his personal twitter account but once he received the legit criticism, then he responded to people that there were rude and etc..even banning over legit questions..But if you praised the game and asked a question, he would respond..............then he throws up this is my personal twitter account after using it to praise, advertise and etc... the game.

Asim did the very same recently.......after using his personal twitter account to praise, advertise and etc... the game, once he received legit criticism and no praises about the game -- he throws up this is my personal twitter account.

Yea, both of them clearly got caught lying about ML with the replaced fake photoshopped photo.

Guess Daniel Henry is just trying to follow in both Adam and Asim's footsteps and get a job at Konami --- Last year's #MonsterPatch and this year's BS.

Back
Top Bottom