PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

After having payed a fortune for Project Cars 2 at the launch and then notice that offline modes are empty, Im not buying this game. I work hard to earn my money. Perhaps Konami should do the same.

One thing that really gets me is passing on Pes 19.
I'm watching Juventus v Sassuolo right now,and the passing is very even (game's not)
I get out passed on Pes 19 by at least 50-75% every game,no matter which team.
Played celtic on my Roma save,won 2-0 but only had 170 passes to their 240.
It's a bit unrealistic how much they pass,never stopping with the ball etc

agree mate

IMAGINE PES 2019 with a brand new Master League....completely revamped, from top to bottom

All little details like manager's name being correct for licensed teams

10-20 more generic stadiums to play at....anyone played the Danish league yet? I dipped in, you play at the same two stadiums every game

Make FA Cup games at a home or away ground for god sake....not a neutral ground

give us some more crowd chants....they dont have to be official but lets have more than the 2 generic ones you get for English, Scottish etc clubs......there's no atmosphere when playing PES, its flat as a pancake

Add stuff like a live CL or FA Cup draw.....talking to the press and having to select answers to media questions

Fatigue to carry into the next match if the player has played a lot of games....PES STILL doesn't have this right

Make team names look right:- Capital letter and lowercase i.e. Liverpool and not LIVERPOOL. Again....this is amatuerish. who at Konami says "Yeah lets keep the teams with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS because it looks so good right?"

Wrong!

For the love of everything godly, PLEASE let us skip cut scenes with the PASS button....I hate having to reach for the awkward OPTIONS BUTTON every damn time

And WHY do we need a cut scene for every tiny little foul?? Again, you dont see this on real football match on tv.

I've got loads more issues to list but I cant be bothered....there's no point because things will never change.

Konami + PES team = Amateurs
Strongly agree with you mate

Just wanted to share this video of highlights from the gameplay of a 5 year old game, which has an AI that is so varied, a variation that i fail to see and is missing from the modern day pes....
Watch and enjoy this classico friendly on superstar with basic shooting and 2 bar normal assistance passing...that reaction save from valdes says it all...

Just wanted to share this video of highlights from the gameplay of a 5 year old game, which has an AI that is so varied, a variation that i fail to see and is missing from the modern day pes....
Watch and enjoy this classico friendly on superstar with basic shooting and 2 bar normal assistance passing...that reaction save from valdes says it all...

And, the goals size looks bigger! Its just me that thinks that goals are too small on this last PES games? To me, thats the way they found to make keepers "better" but way less authentic IMO. Well, I think I already said that...it seems nobody cares :THINK:..

Finally gave in and bough the UK version so I can play co - op with my mate back home. hope the My Club stuff can be filtered out for online. I can't for the life of me get the game to look good. It honesty looks graphically poor to me which is weird, because lots of people are saying it looks great. I'm on a 50" Vizio ( made by Sony ) 4k, standard PS4.
If anyone has any tips. I would appreciate it. Thanks

My 4K tv is set accordingly to play games. However, the grass in pes19 does not look good. It looks very poor in terms of realism . Especially the night lighting when playing online. Why is it so hard for this company to get the grass textures to look as good as other footy games. The other game has excellent looking grass. But konami still struggles to with this.

My 4K tv is set accordingly to play games. However, the grass in pes19 does not look good. It looks very poor in terms of realism . Especially the night lighting when playing online. Why is it so hard for this company to get the grass textures to look as good as other footy games. The other game has excellent looking grass. But konami still struggles to with this.

I reckon your settings are off. To me, this years grass in general is the most realisitic and best looking of any football videogame to date. It the first year ive been satisfied to the point i dont mind which stadium im at. I do have my preferences of course, but in 18 17 16 15 etc id limit it 2 or 3 of my faves. They are much better now..its this part of the game, ie visuals and lighting that have taken a big step this year. Btw...initially the turf appeared a little too bright for me this year..so now i have it on 60 contrast n 20 brightness. Huge game changer..the colours of the grass...the kits..it really pops out..n looks a little more saturated colour ...love it. The fifa19 demo i tried a few days pales in comparison although it only has night games to compare...and i didnt bother with it long enough to play with the settings. But the default was not as good as what konami have done. Just wish they had 10 or so more stadiums/turf variations...cannot wait for the dlc's but with so much demand on improved ai etc...im not that optimistic many stadiums will come via a dlc this year..fingers crossed they do.

Finally gave in and bough the UK version so I can play co - op with my mate back home. hope the My Club stuff can be filtered out for online. I can't for the life of me get the game to look good. It honesty looks graphically poor to me which is weird, because lots of people are saying it looks great. I'm on a 50" Vizio ( made by Sony ) 4k, standard PS4.

I had the same issue with my 50 inch, 4K TV. The grass looked just horrible and grainy. I went in and tried all the picture settings but nothing seemed to help. This had never been a problem with other games, so I presumed it was meant to look like that. I was at the point of nearly trading it in, when I discovered that the HDMI settings for each port had been set to Regular. In here was an option to change these to Enhanced. When I did so this changed the look of the pitch completely and am enjoying the game much more. I think this is a problem with new TV's as the factory default settings don't offer the best experience.

It maybe something similar with your TV so I just thought I would share this.

I know people claim manual headers isn't broken and that might very well be true but it is almost impossible online because of the slightest button lag that always is present even if you have a good connection.

Turn down the brightness setting in options. I had mine set as per the instructions so that both the colours matched, game looked awful, way to bright. I decided to ignore their advice and turned it down to 60 and grass looks much better.

After reading through the last few pages it certainly sounds like league mode is worth a go. I always thought it was just straight league and nothing else, I didn't realise that it included cups and European competitions too.

I have a few questions though, hopefully somebody can answer them.

Is there promotion and relegation? If I start with a D2 team can I get promoted into the top league?

Are the rosters set once I start the league like they are in ML? Basically if I start a league and later on apply a live update that changes the rosters somehow such as releases, transfers etc, would that then be reflected in my league roster? Or would the roster remain as before ie the changes not reflected when continuing league mode?

Lastly, presumably players get older if you play multiple seasons? But I'm guessing they don't retire etc?

Thanks in advance

Russ

*Edit - typos galore. On phone on way to work!

Last edited:
I thought league mode was just a one season and done job.

So there is no continuity, you would just start a new league mode with the exact same setup again?

Haven't played full league season in a long time, but from my memory:
1. Live updates have no effect on saved LM, ML or BAL files. There's no market either. Players don't age.
2. You do get full season with domestic and international cups.
3. Once the season is over, you can carry on to another season (with limitations mentioned at 1.)
4. I believe that relegations/promotions still take place - if a mid-table team ends within top N places, it qualifies for champs/europa league next season

Re- point 4. ... I've played couple of matches with Arsenal in League mode and currently I'm scarily close to the bottom of the table (yeah, I suck ...). Interestingly, last 3 spots on the table are marked with downward-pointing red arrows ... smells like relegation zone :)

Haven't played full league season in a long time, but from my memory:
1. Live updates have no effect on saved LM, ML or BAL files. There's no market either. Players don't age.
2. You do get full season with domestic and international cups.
3. Once the season is over, you can carry on to another season (with limitations mentioned at 1.)
4. I believe that relegations/promotions still take place - if a mid-table team ends within top N places, it qualifies for champs/europa league next season

Re- point 4. ... I've played couple of matches with Arsenal in League mode and currently I'm scarily close to the bottom of the table (yeah, I suck ...). Interestingly, last 3 spots on the table are marked with downward-pointing red arrows ... smells like relegation zone :)

Ah ok, that make sense.
Sounds like both ML & League have pro's and cons.
From what I hear league mode is a bit more free with less scripting which is a huge bonus.
While I didn't expect to be able to make transfers and stuff with league mode, if no changes to rosters after updates are applied either then I'm not sure I will want to be stuck with the exact same squad for multiple years (I am not Tottenham after all :LOL:)
I might give it a go anyway as I am interested to see how it plays vs ML.

Thanks for your help

Morning Guys, Hope you all had a good weekend.
Seems after our discussion last week,m Daniel Henry of WENB fame is lurking in here, either that or he has a tell tale little friend reporting back to him, as I awoke Saturday Morning to find a Private Message in my Twitter inbox from Daniel Henry telling me he has had reports of me bad mouthing him on Evo-Web, and to 'keep his name out of my mouth'.

I obviously had to set him straight by informing him that his name came up in discussion on here, and that I added comments to the fact that he was a liar and just a Konami PR puppet, to which he claimed that he has never lied, only passed on information about the game given to him, which we all know, is a lie, again.
Anyway, enough of the playground stuff but just found it amusing.

Ok i bought the game and real mixed feelings

The passing is more on rails than demo
Also offline games can feel like online games! with pressure sometimes being ridiculously effective and also its a fight to control your players, they try to run opposite direction to the ball

online i have won 9 d1 l2 but you can tell it is scripted as some games you have to fight to keep ball for longer than a split second and make 2 or 3 chance son goal whilst being riding luck in defence, and some games you feel in complete control and win ball back without even trying and score 6 or 7

In 2 minds whether to return it or not right now, not sure it is going to be fun enough human vs human local if the game feels more on rails than pes 18 was

LOL what is that!? the speed and the animations look kinda off, arent they!?
compared to 2019 i can see a clear difference. like my 2019 animations! :D

Back
Top Bottom