PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I have to share something with you, guys.
So I came here short while ago. Just to discuss few things, get a little insight, listen to opinions and all.
I thought it was a forum of 'normal' joe soaps, like me. It turned out you know much more than I thought you do. And know many 'important' people in Konami.
As a result I got much deeper insight than I thought I will get. I re-activated my tweeter out of curiosity to start digging a bit deeper.

And to be honest with you guys - the more I dig, the less I like what Im finding. Some people that I was following, that I thought were all independent and 'professional'... its all BS.
They are all in one little happy Konami family, like a god damn Mafia.
Brown nosing, praising each other, attacking or blocking any other views or opinions, getting freebies (bribes!?) from Konami.
Everything is much more fucked up than I ever imagined.
I know I havent discovered America. I know its nothing new to you guys. But it is to me. And normal joe soaps like me.
This forum seems to be one of the very few independent fortresses left out there. Full of people that just want to bring this game back on right track. You are all seen as negative and moaners, but all you want is to PES be PES again. No wonder some people in here are so frustrated and full of hatred towards Konami. As long as this "Mafia" exists, it will be very difficult to bring PES back to its glory days.. its actually sad.

I feel like Neo when he learned about Matrix and wasnt sure if he took the right pill... :LOL:

I don’t like them old Roma kits, they’re ugly and loud in my opinion.

This is the best Roma kit of all time I think:

4e4c8-asroma14-15homekit1.jpg

I do like in PES 2019 how player models and kits look.
Everything went down the toilet when Nike took over,they really don't have one single good looking kit.
Same with Milan and Puma.
Italian teams should have Kappa and Macron

I have to share something with you, guys.
So I came here short while ago. Just to discuss few things, get a little insight, listen to opinions and all.
I thought it was a forum of 'normal' joe soaps, like me. It turned out you know much more than I thought you do. And know many 'important' people in Konami.
As a result I got much deeper insight than I thought I will get. I re-activated my tweeter out of curiosity to start digging a bit deeper.

And to be honest with you guys - the more I dig, the less I like what Im finding. Some people that I was following, that I thought were all independent and 'professional'... its all BS.
They are all in one little happy Konami family, like a god damn Mafia.
Brown nosing, praising each other, attacking or blocking any other views or opinions, getting freebies (bribes!?) from Konami.
Everything is much more fucked up than I ever imagined.
I know I havent discovered America. I know its nothing new to you guys. But it is to me. And normal joe soaps like me.
This forum seems to be one of the very few independent fortresses left out there. Full of people that just want to bring this game back on right track. You are all seen as negative and moaners, but all you want is to PES be PES again. No wonder some people in here are so frustrated and full of hatred towards Konami. As long as this "Mafia" exists, it will be very difficult to bring PES back to its glory days.. its actually sad.

I feel like Neo when he learned about Matrix and wasnt sure if he took the right pill... :LOL:
This is such a good post and it’s exactly something I have discovered over time.

I want a ‘PES Mafia’ t shirt :LOL:

True, that's why i know when this forum will be happy about the new pes it means that game will be a masterpiece. Unfortunately that is not happening anytime soon, or never happening.

Except for the usual suspects i wouldn't call other people Pes Mafia, there are plenty of people who like Pes as it is right now, because the game does a lot right in gameplay even with its huge flaws.

The situation is like this: there are people who don't care about the past or the future of Pes and just want to enjoy the annual Pes game and don't expect more than this and there are people like us that are really worried about the future of the Pes series and never happy because we see past the superficial enjoyable gameplay that Pes offers right now. We see so much potential in Pes squandered every year, we punish ourselves hoping every year will be the year the King will be back, but it's absolutely clear at this point that it's never coming back, not until Konami drastically changes the way it considers its games, they need to respect Pes.

That is what frustrates most us here. The game could be so much better if only Konami respected Pes instead of reducing it to a money grabbing annual game.

Had the best match until now in pes 2019, Chile (me) vs Uruguay, lost 1-3 but the game was stunning! I never saw ai to play this varied in any pes until now. Suarez scored with ouside of the boot in one on one with my keeper, set the second goal who was scored with volley, I don't feel cheated becouse they looked soo realistic and were from my mistakes. I am sure that this version of the patch with .2 had changed something about how ai play, they literally use all space of the pitch to play which was not the case pre patch, some will say placebo but I don't think so.
For patching the ai, I know all things were related one to another but I think low crosses are not the issue, they were there becouse ai is not clinical enough, take a closer look how they choose to pass the ball to the wing and not run to defender and dribble in one on one with them, if they start to do these stuff there is no need to play with the wings. I definately see improvement, maybe it's me how I defend but there are only 2-3 low crosses during the matches. Maybe that's why Adam said that these are not easy fix as we think. No matter what I enjoy this pes the most after ps2 days, all that randomness is unparalelled to any other game, the goals I score, player movements and that final passes are stunning!
Can someone who play Master league or regular leagues tell me if after 2-3 games ai play different and more varied than on exibtihion games?
Can't wait for pesuniverse v2 to start League :)

Last edited:
Except for the usual suspects i wouldn't call other people Pes Mafia, there are plenty of people who like Pes as it is right now, because the game does a lot right in gameplay even with its huge flaws
Yes, absolutely. Dont get me wrong. Im not saying everyone who enjoys PES is PES Mafia. There is few people in here who are quite happy with the game but in the same time they are not blind and can admit flaws.
Im enjoying PES19 myself to a point. More than PES18 anyway.
I was talking mainly about usual suspects. And some of the people I was following (not all of them) who turned out to be Konami minions. And they turned out to be all connected to each other in some ways.

Yes, absolutely. Dont get me wrong. Im not saying everyone who enjoys PES is PES Mafia. There is few people in here who are quite happy with the game but in the same time they are not blind and can admit flaws.
Im enjoying PES19 myself to a point. More than PES18 anyway.
I was talking mainly about usual suspects. And some of the people I was following (not all of them) who turned out to be Konami minions. And they turned out to be all connected to each other in some ways.

I unfollowed many of the usual Konami Yes Men on twitter, can't stand their will to minimize issues even when facing undeniably huge problems within the game.

First account i unfollowed is officialpes, besides gifs and useless Myclub promotions it gives me no useful infos about Pes.

guys is the game worth getting to play myclub?
i m only interested in online as online i don t have to worry about AI issues, i saw vid of someone playing as independiente medellin and have a stadium somewhere from south america, it felt really good to play on a rainy day, i ll post the vid, made me wanna get this game just for myclub
Don't buy it, they will probably release the free-to-play myClub version soon anyway.

To me this is the best PES has been since the PS2 days, even the FIFA 19 demo hasn't swayed me from PES 2019.

I don't see the AI issues to be honest and even so it'll never be perfect. I'm playing Juventus v Real Madrid (Com) right now on Top Player and it's a fantastic match which I'm currently losing 1-0.

The Com put together some nice moves in midfield then played a high cross for Bale to head home.

The more you play and lurk around Pes 19 the more you'll see unfinished things
1 Ai (no explanation needed right?)

2 Managers,so many not being correct or just fake ones,I understand the fake teams etc,or non licenced,but isn't Milan a partner club?
Yet Gennaro Gattuso Isn't listed as manager.

3 kits,they rather fix an update so they can implement Barca's third kit than fix others so they're up to date.
Probably half of Serie A kits are outdated or wrong.

4 a company that releases stadiums on DLC (date unknown,big suprise) which is ok,but they really need to be there at the start right?

5 The ML transfer issue,which they promised to fix according to Konami.
Yet we all knew this was an issue when the infamous "Photoshop" pictures landed,that was a long time ago.

It's really baffling that anyone can release a product this half finished,and yet have a social media department just posting happy "what's you're Myclub team like?" (100% sure that Daniel runs that shit.

Most games comes with bugs,no issue for me really,but most gaming company fixes the bugs,because their livelihood and rep depends on it!
Konami?
Not so much
I'd probably write up what I think they've done right with 19 too.
Someday

The more you play and lurk around Pes 19 the more you'll see unfinished things
1 Ai (no explanation needed right?)

2 Managers,so many not being correct or just fake ones,I understand the fake teams etc,or non licenced,but isn't Milan a partner club?
Yet Gennaro Gattuso Isn't listed as manager.

3 kits,they rather fix an update so they can implement Barca's third kit than fix others so they're up to date.
Probably half of Serie A kits are outdated or wrong.

4 a company that releases stadiums on DLC (date unknown,big suprise) which is ok,but they really need to be there at the start right?

5 The ML transfer issue,which they promised to fix according to Konami.
Yet we all knew this was an issue when the infamous "Photoshop" pictures landed,that was a long time ago.

It's really baffling that anyone can release a product this half finished,and yet have a social media department just posting happy "what's you're Myclub team like?" (100% sure that Daniel runs that shit.

Most games comes with bugs,no issue for me really,but most gaming company fixes the bugs,because their livelihood and rep depends on it!
Konami?
Not so much
I'd probably write up what I think they've done right with 19 too.
Someday
this is the thing for me...whenevr I play modern PES games, it all feels so amaterish.

I spent good money on something that yet again isn't finished and is littered with bugs and mistakes

Konami dont deserve us fans

this is the thing for me...whenevr I play modern PES games, it all feels so amaterish.

I spent good money on something that yet again isn't finished and is littered with bugs and mistakes

Konami dont deserve us fans
True mate,I wouldn't get upset if things were in order,but it's half finished.
Imagine this game with sorted issues.
But it's just half finished and rushed

Started up my Pes 18 just to compare with 19,since I haven't played that in ages.
The chipped through ball etc that were game breakers last year isn't even close to be as annoying as the low cross on 19.
And they shoot and dribble.
One thing stands out,the pace,so frantic on 18 Vs 19.
Must say that pace and ball handling is superb on 19
And obviously the fouls,perhaps the best since the old gsmes

True mate,I wouldn't get upset if things were in order,but it's half finished.
Imagine this game with sorted issues.
But it's just half finished and rushed
agree mate

IMAGINE PES 2019 with a brand new Master League....completely revamped, from top to bottom

All little details like manager's name being correct for licensed teams

10-20 more generic stadiums to play at....anyone played the Danish league yet? I dipped in, you play at the same two stadiums every game

Make FA Cup games at a home or away ground for god sake....not a neutral ground

give us some more crowd chants....they dont have to be official but lets have more than the 2 generic ones you get for English, Scottish etc clubs......there's no atmosphere when playing PES, its flat as a pancake

Add stuff like a live CL or FA Cup draw.....talking to the press and having to select answers to media questions

Fatigue to carry into the next match if the player has played a lot of games....PES STILL doesn't have this right

Make team names look right:- Capital letter and lowercase i.e. Liverpool and not LIVERPOOL. Again....this is amatuerish. who at Konami says "Yeah lets keep the teams with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS because it looks so good right?"

Wrong!

For the love of everything godly, PLEASE let us skip cut scenes with the PASS button....I hate having to reach for the awkward OPTIONS BUTTON every damn time

And WHY do we need a cut scene for every tiny little foul?? Again, you dont see this on real football match on tv.

I've got loads more issues to list but I cant be bothered....there's no point because things will never change.

Konami + PES team = Amateurs

agree mate

IMAGINE PES 2019 with a brand new Master League....completely revamped, from top to bottom

All little details like manager's name being correct for licensed teams

10-20 more generic stadiums to play at....anyone played the Danish league yet? I dipped in, you play at the same two stadiums every game

Make FA Cup games at a home or away ground for god sake....not a neutral ground

give us some more crowd chants....they dont have to be official but lets have more than the 2 generic ones you get for English, Scottish etc clubs......there's no atmosphere when playing PES, its flat as a pancake

Add stuff like a live CL or FA Cup draw.....talking to the press and having to select answers to media questions

Fatigue to carry into the next match if the player has played a lot of games....PES STILL doesn't have this right

Make team names look right:- Capital letter and lowercase i.e. Liverpool and not LIVERPOOL. Again....this is amatuerish. who at Konami says "Yeah lets keep the teams with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS because it looks so good right?"

Wrong!

For the love of everything godly, PLEASE let us skip cut scenes with the PASS button....I hate having to reach for the awkward OPTIONS BUTTON every damn time

And WHY do we need a cut scene for every tiny little foul?? Again, you dont see this on real football match on tv.

I've got loads more issues to list but I cant be bothered....there's no point because things will never change.

Konami + PES team = Amateurs
Very nice ideas.
Remember Pes 15/16?
Where the CL draw were two teams,then two more etc,not very good but better and more exciting than now

Cutscenes needs to be minimised,to many now

More stadiums needed,more small stadiums.
And yes the capital lettering is insane.
There's so many things that could be better,and wouldn't cost them much either

Started up my Pes 18 just to compare with 19,since I haven't played that in ages.
The chipped through ball etc that were game breakers last year isn't even close to be as annoying as the low cross on 19.
And they shoot and dribble.
One thing stands out,the pace,so frantic on 18 Vs 19.
Must say that pace and ball handling is superb on 19
And obviously the fouls,perhaps the best since the old gsmes

30-50 pounds for those positive changes though?

i know some think "its the best pes" but the more praise it received, the more this harms the product as a whole and future pes.

for all the moaning and grief on pesfan forums, that place felt like it was frank and honest. it feels like when the conarmy goons realised it was going to affect 2019 sales they set about influencing its shutdown.

to the guy who was asking about myclub - check the post in my sig for details. if you play myclub while taking drugs or drinking beer you will enjoy it.

30-50 pounds for those positive changes though?

i know some think "its the best pes" but the more praise it received, the more this harms the product as a whole and future pes.

for all the moaning and grief on pesfan forums, that place felt like it was frank and honest. it feels like when the conarmy goons realised it was going to affect 2019 sales they set about influencing its shutdown.

to the guy who was asking about myclub - check the post in my sig for details. if you play myclub while taking drugs or drinking beer you will enjoy it.
Yeah I get you man
But sometimes you got to highlight what's been done in a good way, the rest is kinda poor.

If they patch it,it might be really good,right now,minus what they've done with fouls and on the ball,it's not

To actually give Konami a tiny bit of a break, they aren't exactly the first company to release an unfinished game.
Of course, most other developers eventually fix their games, this is yet to be seen for PES 2019.

I don't see the AI issues to be honest and even so it'll never be perfect. I'm playing Juventus v Real Madrid (Com) right now on Top Player and it's a fantastic match which I'm currently losing 1-0.

The Com put together some nice moves in midfield then played a high cross for Bale to head home.

You called the low cross issue "absolute bollocks" or something to that effect. It's hard for any neutral observer to take that seriously when so many people report it as an issue.

You called the low cross issue "absolute bollocks" or something to that effect. It's hard for any neutral observer to take that seriously when so many people report it as an issue.
All we have to do is start up some other Pes game,good or bad,to see how gsmebreaking it is to see the CPU ONLY pass from the wings,or do the low cross in,never ever as shoot,or even worse never dribble.
I've even given the CPU lanes in the middle to go straight at goal,and they go to the wing instead.
Worst attacking AI ever

You have to say the shutdown of WENB and PESfan's mysterious disappearance (GDPR... really?) has been very convenient for Konami as they rush out a fatally flawed game for offline players...
And then send their drones here to cause trouble. Admin stomped that out quickly though, so fair play to them.

What happened to pes fan then?
They've been offline since June time due to issues with the new GDPR rules, allegedly. As many have pointed out, it's highly convenient considering WENB was nuked too, although they hung their hat off a bogus racism claim made by Curdstar/PES Casual as their reason.

Seems Konami want to shut down any opportunity for them to be criticised. As I said before, well played to the admin here. This is pretty much the only place left where critical thoughts can be brought to the table without being shouted down by Konami drones or being labelled as rude and getting blocked.

Back
Top Bottom