PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

For those interested, ive simmed the opening transfer window of a Master League.
PC Version (apologies but it is relevant to all), only change is that Data CPK added to change the gameplay.

Transfers:
Nothing silly in terms of big players moving en masse... Alderweireld went to United and I think the biggest fee I saw was Benatia to Man City and Bellerin to Schalke from Arsenal.

None of the big names moved, no big club sold its soul as such.. Liverpool had their front 3 and the Spanish clubs remained in tact.

However there were 2 clubs who ended up with 16 players, 3 of which keepers... Leicester and West Ham. Both teams shifted out as much as they could for some reason. They are the only 2 teams in the whole of the 'game' who did this, plenty of teams had 24, 25 even 30+ players on their books.

Thats using the default in game squad file.

Thats 1 sim, take it for what it is. Ill do more as im interested in finding patterns, but dosent look hideous to me bar Leicester and West Ham.

For those interested, ive simmed the opening transfer window of a Master League.
PC Version (apologies but it is relevant to all), only change is that Data CPK added to change the gameplay.

Transfers:
Nothing silly in terms of big players moving en masse... Alderweireld went to United and I think the biggest fee I saw was Benatia to Man City and Bellerin to Schalke from Arsenal.

None of the big names moved, no big club sold its soul as such.. Liverpool had their front 3 and the Spanish clubs remained in tact.

However there were 2 clubs who ended up with 16 players, 3 of which keepers... Leicester and West Ham. Both teams shifted out as much as they could for some reason. They are the only 2 teams in the whole of the 'game' who did this, plenty of teams had 24, 25 even 30+ players on their books.

Thats 1 sim, take it for what it is. Ill do more as im interested in finding patterns, but dosent look hideous to me bar Leicester and West Ham.
An other interesting experiment if someone has time to do.Since some of you plan to replace EPL+EFL with serie a and create serie b. Replace the EPL teams with the Italian ones and check in a ML which group of clubs starts out selling everything.The Italian or the English clubs in their “new league”?

Do many of you guys find that playing an offline league season, as opposed to a Master League season, feels completely different and almost unscripted. I'm finding playing a season on League mode incredibly enjoyable and absorbing given the problems with AI et al.
If only the gameplay in this extended to Master League I could at least play a French or English season with some purpose.

I always play league, haven't touched ML for years

Its a Premier League problem, outside of a couple of Premier League teams going nuts and shipping out half of their squad, the rest of the Master League transfer system holds up well imo.

Did a test this time I chose West Ham to stop them selling up and seeing if this forces the issue onto another team... it does :D

Bournemouth and Brighton joined Leicester in selling the family jewels. A couple of clubs had a big turnover, but would bring in players the likes of Watford and Arsenal to an extent.

Biggest sale, Vertonghen to Man City, Bellerin again shipped off this time to Loko Moscow, whilst Wilshere (Arsenal no updated file) went to St Ettiene.

Im glad they are looking into a fix, but im not seeing anything silly in the opening transfer window to suggest dramatic fixes are needed. Maybe the fact im sitting there doing nothing is stopping the AI going even crazier? idk, but its worth people having a sim and just watching the AI.

Speaking of fouls, they need to tweak the advantage system. It's a lot better than it was in the past but just because I've retained possession doesn't mean I have an advantage. If you stand still after the ref waves play on, it should pull it back and give you the free kick as a lot of the time it would be more advantageous to have the free kick.

This would also up the foul levels slightly without messing with the code and risking returning us to the years of no fouls.

Its a Premier League problem, outside of a couple of Premier League teams going nuts and shipping out half of their squad, the rest of the Master League transfer system holds up well imo.

Did a test this time I chose West Ham to stop them selling up and seeing if this forces the issue onto another team... it does :D

Bournemouth and Brighton joined Leicester in selling the family jewels. A couple of clubs had a big turnover, but would bring in players the likes of Watford and Arsenal to an extent.

Biggest sale, Vertonghen to Man City, Bellerin again shipped off this time to Loko Moscow, whilst Wilshere (Arsenal no updated file) went to St Ettiene.

Im glad they are looking into a fix, but im not seeing anything silly in the opening transfer window to suggest dramatic fixes are needed. Maybe the fact im sitting there doing nothing is stopping the AI going even crazier? idk, but its worth people having a sim and just watching the AI.

Have you ever seen that in Master League we pay the player for just his whole clause and doesn't matter the market value?

If you pay the De Bruyne 50M€ is just because it is his release clause

Aubameyang has 40M market value but you can get him just for his clause

So every player that has a clause you gonna get him just if you pay the whole amout of clause

That is a serious problem

If Aubameyang market value is 40 and his clause is 82 you never gonna get him for 60M for example

I checked yesterday for 1942 player that have a 10M minimum price that 767(many from created Bundesliga and also free agents)don't get a release clause

This is unbelievable cause in real life, in the biggest league of Europe not to much players got a clause

Especially in Germany,England,Italy,France

Just in Spanish League there is a big number of players of every club got a clause

Have you ever seen that in Master League we pay the player for just his whole clause and doesn't matter the market value?

If you pay the De Bruyne 50M€ is just because it is his release clause

Aubameyang has 40M market value but you can get him just for his clause

So every player that has a clause you gonna get him just if you pay the whole amout of clause

That is a serious problem

If Aubameyang market value is 40 and his clause is 82 you never gonna get him for 60M for example

I checked yesterday for 1942 player that have a 10M minimum price that 767(many from created Bundesliga and also free agents)don't get a release clause

This is unbelievable cause in real life, in the biggest league of Europe not to much players got a clause

Especially in Germany,England,Italy,France

Just in Spanish League there is a big number of players of every club got a clause

Ive not looked into any of that, that is another issue and ive said they need to tweak it. All I did was sim a transfer window to see what happened with the AI. Big players didnt move and only 2/3 English teams went crazy and culled their squad.

In every game you can take advantage of the AI, even the 'holy grail' Football Manager has a poor transfer system that you can do what you want in without repercussion.

Transfers:

Did you check the transfers after every stop in the window because this year alot disappear from the news feed. I've tried since the first live update and I thought it was fixed because Arsenal and Bournemouth were fine but after checking a few of the teams west ham and another had sold alot of players. There's still a lot of deals between barca, real, city, at madrid, PSG and some of the players will move again in Jan. I even tried adding derbys in the data file but it didn't make a difference. Just have to wait for them to sort it

Just an edit. On buying players, its very hard to but even 77 rated players unless you can do it with a release clause which is broken. You can pay the players release fee to get the club to 100% then set their release fee to the lowest possible to get the player to 100% (They care more about the release than the wages) Then (I got this wrong twice mid week but now 100 % sure) when the player signs offer a new contract and remove the release fee and its gone.

Last edited:
You guys seriously belive that Konami fix via DLC issues?

I'd give them about a 30 % chance to fix the meltdown teams but the transfer system is broken and has been since this one came in a few games ago. I mean what do they base the chance of signing on. When your're a top 10 club signing a 77 based player as long as you offer enough shouldn't be hard. It seems easier to sign players from the top teams.

Not sure if it'll get lost in here with the chat, but how the fuck do you score a header from a corner. Every header goes high in the sky, no bullet headers?

FD

Scored a few last night with my friend. I was on corners and I just held up with LS and about 80% power aiming at the edge of the 6 yard box. Firing them in seems to help make headers more powerful.

When defending I feel that my players are unresponsive at times.
Like waking someone up when switching players.
I wonder if it's game speed or game difficulty doing that,or if it's on all level.
Especially when playing manual

Scored a few last night with my friend. I was on corners and I just held up with LS and about 80% power aiming at the edge of the 6 yard box. Firing them in seems to help make headers more powerful.
Yeah getting some mustard on crosses/corners is pretty much the key.
And I also head better on game speed 0 than -1

Just scored a beauty on fuma vs my buddy <3

Great goal. It’s such a pity, that PES on fuma vs a human is so great, but the rest (ai, presentation, missing scoreboards of licensed leagues, missing D2of Spain & Italy, commentators etc.) so bad and not state of the art for a next gen game.

Did you check the transfers after every stop in the window because this year alot disappear from the news feed. I've tried since the first live update and I thought it was fixed because Arsenal and Bournemouth were fine but after checking a few of the teams west ham and another had sold alot of players. There's still a lot of deals between barca, real, city, at madrid, PSG and some of the players will move again in Jan. I even tried adding derbys in the data file but it didn't make a difference. Just have to wait for them to sort it

Just an edit. On buying players, its very hard to but even 77 rated players unless you can do it with a release clause which is broken. You can pay the players release fee to get the club to 100% then set their release fee to the lowest possible to get the player to 100% (They care more about the release than the wages) Then (I got this wrong twice mid week but now 100 % sure) when the player signs offer a new contract and remove the release fee and its gone.

I checked each time the game stopped and sorted by price.

I then at the end of the window itself looked at each team, so I could see straight off the couple of teams that had abandoned their squads :D

Whilst looking at the big clubs/named players and could see them where they should be.

About headers some people say its broken, but i scored in the last few days some nice headers with manual controls. I play a lot across the wings and hit crosses and many times for me it feels also broken because of the floaty headers. But these goals let me think about it. It seems that for a good header first you had to creat space.when you let the defender behind you press square with the direction in that last moment before the ball hit players head. It works definitely, but its a very difficult way to score goals with headers. If its all a learning thing and you will handle it the more you plan than it will be ok for me.

Guys do you know why some faces are disappeared from Pes 18

I know that some player have been lost from national team,and maybe others cause are not in the game anymore like Lipsia

I'm talking about for example of Moise Kean in Juventus and should be more many players

Do you know why?

I have no decision if it’s a keeper or not. I’ve got the digital version. :D
Ouch!
My Pes 18 is a digital version,so I didn't gamble on 19,but 19 is better than 18,at least imo.
The biggest issue right now is what league I should play my ML in.
Either way is going to be tons of editing
Or play L1 for the first time,but being a sucker for Serie A we'll see

Back
Top Bottom