PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

The alternative is not to fix anything. (Don't get me wrong, they may well not fix anything, like the fouls patch - but surely this acknowledgement from the devs and not just the social media team is better than them disappearing until PES 2020 is released, which wouldn't be the first time.)

Not that I'm buying the game until the AI stuff is acknowledged, because fixed transfers doesn't fix the gameplay experience, obviously. But (a little) credit where credit's due.

Agree. I’ve sold mine but if they fix gameplay and sort ML I’ll have no issues with buying it again. I want pes to be great, everyone here should as well, but Konami must have no feet as they keep shooting themselves in them.

But......by fixing the gameplay it means Konami would have to admit they sent out an untested broken game. Will they do that?..

Agree. I’ve sold mine but if they fix gameplay and sort ML I’ll have no issues with buying it again. I want pes to be great, everyone here should as well, but Konami must have no feet as they keep shooting themselves in them.
It’s why I bought digital....

Last year I bought PES twice and regretted it. I bought it second time from reading that people said fouls were fixed etc.

At least this year I am stuck with the steaming pile of mess :LOL:

What the hell has this patch done to the game? its ruined it for me. I'm baffled. Regular and Professional both play the same!

I really dont understand but Master League is terrible now. I was playing on Professional through a ML and ever since the patch I've been getting terrible results, so I dropped it down to Regular as a test, and it plays the exact same, I lost 3-2, I *NEVER* lose on fucking Regular, seriously, the CPU were running rings around me and this was on Regular, what the hell have they done?!

Sorry, but this patch has definitely done something to the gameplay, pre-patch this game was so much fun to play, now it isnt....

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed that Professional has gotten harder post-patch and Regular is also bullshit, so many flukey CPU goals

That's so weird. I won 4 matches in a row for the first time on Pro in ML after the patch. Don't think it's changed!

Don't forget about relativity. Using you real- life stats and applying to a 10 minute PES game, you should expect in the region of 2/3 fouls per game. In derby games there should be a higher volume, let's say 5/6.

In previous games there were 2/3 fouls per season. I'd say it's about right.
That doesn't work though. To make it a fair comparison you'd have to expect all incidents to be reduced by the same amount, including goals.

2/3 fouls per match isn't enough for me. Sure, 2/3 per team but not in the whole match. I was literally getting no fouls at all for game after game after game, too.

2019 seems to have improved it, but to say there were enough fouls in previous games is simply not true.

I don't think the patch as changed much as I set up to try and stop wing attacks. Saying that Everton has just scored from outside of the area ..25 yards ..didnt film it and hazard dribbled round my last defender and placed in bottom corner ..superstar level. Who knows

For the last time guys.

THIS IS NOT THE FIFA THREAD.

The next mention of it in here gets a ban. Sick of the constant comparisons. There is a FIFA forum for a reason. Nobody wants to read about it in here.
Do not want to make the attorney, but as it took me 6 years to discover it,the comparison thread is located in fifa section.
I would like to suggest if it is possible this specific thread to be in a “neutral” section or to be somehow visible in both sections pes&fifa .Possibly many members visit only the pes section and are unaware of the comparison topic existence.
I don’t support blindly any of two games but the same situation could happen in fifa forum if the comparison thread was located in pes topics section.

Last edited:
Chris, as a Staff member, has a 'job' to keep forum threads clean and on topic. I get it. Been there on other forums myself.

But it will be difficult. Its not a movie forum, where people just talk about specific title. Especially at the beginning of both games life cycle, people will naturally want to compare them or refer to another.
I know there is a specific thread dedicated for comparing them, but to be honest, I've been here a month and had never gone outside this thread (well, once, when we were trying to create feedback to be send to Konami). There is more than enough to talk about in here.

Is it true, that transfers were fixed already? Im hearing some tweets..

Chris, as a Staff member, has a 'job' to keep forum threads clean and on topic. I get it. Been there on other forums myself.

But it will be difficult. Its not a movie forum, where people just talk about specific title. Especially at the beginning of both games life cycle, people will naturally want to compare them or refer to another.
I know there is a specific thread dedicated for comparing them, but to be honest, I've been here a month and had never gone outside this thread (well, once, when we were trying to create feedback to be send to Konami). There is more than enough to talk about in here.

Is it true, that transfers were fixed already? Im hearing some tweets..

Where do you see these tweets?

TTB said "finally fixed. Starting Master League tomorrow"
Some other bloke asked what was fixed and got reply - transfers

What the hell has this patch done to the game? its ruined it for me. I'm baffled. Regular and Professional both play the same!

I really dont understand but Master League is terrible now. I was playing on Professional through a ML and ever since the patch I've been getting terrible results, so I dropped it down to Regular as a test, and it plays the exact same, I lost 3-2, I *NEVER* lose on fucking Regular, seriously, the CPU were running rings around me and this was on Regular, what the hell have they done?!

Sorry, but this patch has definitely done something to the gameplay, pre-patch this game was so much fun to play, now it isnt....

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed that Professional has gotten harder post-patch and Regular is also bullshit, so many flukey CPU goals

you're probably at that part of ML story where you go on a losing streak.

keep playing. you will start to win again.

the screenshot where you win the champions league awaits you.

TTB said "finally fixed. Starting Master League tomorrow"
Some other bloke asked what was fixed and got reply - transfers
I'm guessing he means that all of the transfers in their option file have been completed - not that there's some patch they've got access to that we don't...

Nothing is fixed yet... Not by Konami anyway.

Do many of you guys find that playing an offline league season, as opposed to a Master League season, feels completely different and almost unscripted. I'm finding playing a season on League mode incredibly enjoyable and absorbing given the problems with AI et al.
If only the gameplay in this extended to Master League I could at least play a French or English season with some purpose.

One of my issue with fouls is this.
Even if the defenders initiated the contact, the "foul call" will be in favor of him as long as he's first to touch the ball.
They need to fix the foul detection system.

The PSG players are called for fouls here.
Leg clothesline!
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Flying knee!
ezgif.com-optimize_3.gif

Foul called on Asensio!
ezgif.com-optimize_4.gif

I play 10v10 and keep getting fouls called against me when I get elbowed in the face :LOL:

I think the game needs more fouls. But please give us the right ones

In the game it is said, that they are working on fixing the ML issues, where some teams were transferring out all their players. So in the next update it will be fixed.

Do many of you guys find that playing an offline league season, as opposed to a Master League season, feels completely different and almost unscripted. I'm finding playing a season on League mode incredibly enjoyable and absorbing given the problems with AI et al.
If only the gameplay in this extended to Master League I could at least play a French or English season with some purpose.
hehe.... been playing regular league mode only since the release of 2019. never started the ML.
i'm at 15th with fulham and its really hard, but its fun to fight to survive!

One of my issue with fouls is this.
Even if the defenders initiated the contact, the "foul call" will be in favor of him as long as he's first to touch the ball.
They need to fix the foul detection system.

The PSG players are called for fouls here.
Leg clothesline!
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Flying knee!
ezgif.com-optimize_3.gif

Foul called on Asensio!
ezgif.com-optimize_4.gif
very good examples! someone should send these to officalpes on twitter. but with a gentleman message to it!! ;)

The more I play this game, the more i see the underling brilliance that it could be... If AI issues are sorted out
I remember PES2018 had a similar issue, couldn't stop the AI from scoring when it was released, patchers fixed this eventually.

In the game it is said, that they are working on fixing the ML issues, where some teams were transferring out all their players. So in the next update it will be fixed.
They may fix the unnatural mass sale of players (which I believe is partly down to them reducing the minimum players per squad to 11) however I'd be stunned if they fix the overall transfer fees and the players moving to unrealistic teams. It's been in the game far too long for them to flip a switch and fix it. They said they were fixing fouls last November but they didn't.

I find the most unscripted offline games in PES series are Exhibition and then League season. The only difference between League season and Master League are transfers negotiation and budget management, in League season you can also play Cup and Champions League matches.

They may fix the unnatural mass sale of players (which I believe is partly down to them reducing the minimum players per squad to 11) however I'd be stunned if they fix the overall transfer fees and the players moving to unrealistic teams. It's been in the game far too long for them to flip a switch and fix it. They said they were fixing fouls last November but they didn't.
Easiest fix would be to limit transfers alltogether, so we would see minimal movements. They surely must have some transfer frequency in their code.
Would be great to give us settings to choose when starting ML (transfers frequent/normal/rare) but dont see this happening.

@PRO_TOO been thinking about your Optimistic profile description. Its not easy.
Pro Evolution Soother is the only thing i could come up with...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom