PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

The PES development team strikes me as an arrogant and 'too proud' group to admit that they fucked up the AI attacking. Even if they ever fix it via a patch, they will never explicitly delineate it on that patch-release notes.

I see where you are coming from mate, and if it was a one off, I'd be with you, give credit where its due for acknowledging and fixing, but it isnt.

The fact that they did no quality testing at all, then put out official screenshots on Twitter showing it was broken, then photoshopped the pic, rather than fix the issue, then still released the product in a broken state, knowing it was broken, then waited 2 weeks for people to point it out yet again, before even acknowledging it, and it could still be weeks/months before we see a fix ..... deserves absolutely no credit at all as far as I'm concerned.

Lies and cover ups does not earn respect.
And there I was, more or less happy with their post. Happy that there is some movement. Baby steps, but still towards better offline experience... now I've read all the posts from you guys, and I want to go back to twitter and bash them again!
How do you edit posts on Twitter?
:D:D;)

The PES development team strikes me as an arrogant and 'too proud' group to admit that they fucked up the AI attacking. Even if they ever fix it via a patch, they will never explicitly delineate it on that patch-release notes.
They'll fix it, but it wont be mentioned at all in a patch note is my guess. And if it is, itll be very vague. As you say

Which is why I believe now that they are working on an AI fix, but wont publicly admit it is an issue. I mean, they cannot possibly think it doesn't need fixing. No way. The sheer volume of complaints is staggering, they have to fix it

Got to say, hats off, they've not responded so quickly to an issue before - and I wasn't expecting any patch at all this year (I think a drop in sales might have scared them into this).

Just hoping that A) the patch doesn't take as long as last year's "fouls patch" took (which then didn't fix a single thing) - and B) that they do an AI patch after that.

If they do, then I'm in, with bells on. I'll tell everyone it's the best game ever. I'll start a podcast called I Love Konami. Whatever they want. But if they don't, I still can't get anything out of the game.
Podcast...! :) I want to be on!

Im asking myself, why you kinda have to „defend“ this statement in your following comments?! Im not questioning what you said but reflecting the community answers to what you said/meant. :THINK:

Im glad we have feedback at all. Let’s see where it takes the game.

Edit: as this was on Twitter... did “one of us” answered with supporting comments or videos that backup our most wanted fixes (keeper, AI)?! Like Matt’s tweet.

Last edited:
Ok, will make a bet with you guys, we will give it until end of November, so 2 and a half months, 10 weeks, or 18,250 hours, if by Midnight on Friday 30th November, they have fixed the AI, in terms of reduced spamming of low crosses, and goalkeepers come off their lines to narrow angles, then I will donate £100 to a chosen charity of choice, and hold my hands up that it only took them 3 months or 1 quarter of the games lifecycle to fix a basic issue.

My guessing is though, on friday 30th November, I will have £100 in my pocket and the game will still suck balls.

Dont forget also, it took Ian, 24, a painter and decorator from Canvey Island, less than 2 weeks to fix the AI issue on the PC.

Ok, will make a bet with you guys, we will give it until end of November, so 2 and a half months, 10 weeks, or 18,250 hours, if by Midnight on Friday 30th November, they have fixed the AI, in terms of reduced spamming of low crosses, and goalkeepers come off their lines to narrow angles, then I will donate £100 to a chosen charity of choice, and hold my hands up that it only took them 3 months or 1 quarter of the games lifecycle to fix a basic issue.

My guessing is though, on friday 30th November, I will have £100 in my pocket and the game will still suck balls.

Dont forget also, it took Ian, 24, a painter and decorator from Canvey Island, less than 2 weeks to fix the AI issue on the PC.

Im holding you to this! Whats this craic about Ian the painter? Is this true?

Going against the grain here but I dont care because its my own views and im entitled to them, but I played 5 matches on the FIFA 19 demo last night, and thoroughly enjoyed them.
In those 5 matches i experienced:
- being part of a big game match day atmosphere, both through intelligent commentary and presentation
- fouls
- forced in-game injuries
- A penalty
- decent non-repetitive AI attacks

The FIFA 19 demo felt more finished than the whole of PES 19's retail package.
All this BS about Konami having limited resources etc, they posted operating profits of 30 billion yen for year ending March 2018. That's 204 million pounds sterling.

good to see you posting again m8.

Also enjoyed the Fifa demo. I know EA plug FUT a lot but unlike PES there is never any sign of neglect for the offline game.

Corey Anderrs from the FIFA dev team was all over Twitter after the FIFA demo dropped yesterday, personally answering fans questions, giving tips on the game, explaining new features and taking feedback, not once did i see him whine or bitch about disrespect or take anything personally, hes there to do a job, he did it.

another company could take a leaf out of EA's book.

@ILoveProAlways - please do - why not make it that if they don't patch the AI, then YOU donate £100 to charity, still confident?

Corey Anderrs from the FIFA dev team was all over Twitter after the FIFA demo dropped yesterday, personally answering fans questions, giving tips on the game, explaining new features and taking feedback, not once did i see him whine or bitch about disrespect or take anything personally, hes there to do a job, he did it.

another company could take a leaf out of EA's book.

@ILoveProAlways - please do - why not make it that if they don't patch the AI, then YOU donate £100 to charity, still confident?

I wasnt having a dig or being sarcastic!? I was having a bit of fun saying Im holding you to it! No personally I am not confident Konami will deliver. I think its a real shame because the core gameplay this year is amazing although Ive only played MyClub so Human v Human. I tried the Fifa demo last night and I honestly don't get it. I think its piss poor in comparison. Yeah sure it has all the bells and whistles but for me thats where it ends!

ProAlways - I never suggested you ws having a dig or being sarcastic mate, the opposite, my reply back to you was also playful, meant in the way that I think we both know Konami won't deliver an AI patch.
That's the trouble with social media, text messages carry no tone, sometimes they can be taken the wrong way when in fact it was meant harmlessly.

I'm all with you that PES game play is superior, when we have the ball, when we dont, its pure gash, but I'd rather invest my time in playing a game that offers a pretty deep career mode, is presented superbly, and makes you feel part of a matchday experience, over a game that has game play that is amazing but only in small parts, and the rest of the package is fundamentally broken, with absolutely no atmosphere or immersion.

this year the ai and diffculty level are pissing me off again. Absolutely every team their players shoots like ronaldo passes like modric and defends like chiellini on top player, then whats the point of having stats might as well give them generic ai player difficulty stats. Every goal is full power top corner regardless of how good or shyt the player's stats are. If you are going to concede a goal you will doesn't matter ai team strength.

Hey, we will fix it the next update or the update later. Yeah, they really said this "or the update later".

This will be rectified through the next or later update file(s).

I think they couldn't have not responded to such issues about transfers, they made Master League basically broken, they were forced to act. I can't see them fixing the AI spamming low cross, that is something that doesn't make the game objectively broken, probably will leave it as it is.

Such a shame that once they decide to anticipate release date two weeks earlier the game is ridden with bugs and issues.

In my case for me to consider buying the game i want to see Spanish and Italian second divisions back in the game, otherwise it's a no from me.

I hope this post doesn't get lost amongst the complaints but I'm returning to PES after a very long hiatus and I'm looking for some tips regarding myclub as a very heavy FUT user over the last few years myclub interests me the most Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive guide to get me upto speed. Pleased to see so many of the old heads still here by the way .

Hey, we will fix it the next update or the update later. Yeah, they really said this "or the update later".

I think they couldn't have not responded to such issues about transfers, they made Master League basically broken, they were forced to act. I can't see them fixing the AI spamming low cross, that is something that doesn't make the game objectively broken, probably will leave it as it is.

Such a shame that once they decide to anticipate release date two weeks earlier the game is ridden with bugs and issues.

In my case for me to consider buying the game i want to see Spanish and Italian second divisions back in the game, otherwise it's a no from me.

Why don't you come back in the Italian Forum? ;)

Started ML as experiment

With Barca got a deal for Dybala 37 million € 100%

For Chiellini 100% are 52 million €

This is really embarassing

quick question for you modders or others who have insight to the game.

Stadium announcers,are those locked in to a language because of the stadiums/leagues or the language you chose to have your commentaries on?

Example
I've played some Italian league ML,but are now considering swapping Italian league with English and edit 2nd English league in to Serie B.
Will all stadium announcmemt be in English?
Even at Italian stadiums?

The only thing that gives me a bit of hope regarding the AI is someone has already made adjustments in pc so it shouldn't be that hard.. fouls were never fixed in a mod

Started ML as experiment

With Barca got a deal for Dybala 37 million € 100%

For Chiellini 100% are 52 million €

This is really embarassing

Chiellini is 34, anyone who buys a centre back at that age for over 50M is stupid.

Its not like he is marketable and will bring in revenues like Ronaldo... so id say thats a decent price.

Dybala on the other hand is silly.

The only thing that gives me a bit of hope regarding the AI is someone has already made adjustments in pc so it shouldn't be that hard.. fouls were never fixed in a mod

Modes issues and bugs are easier and quicker to fix.
Like i said, they aren't going to tweak gameplay after release. They are extremely slow to fix that because it needs lots of balancing and testing, they don't want to ruin the good things they have and if they didn't do testing pre-release it's unrealistic expecting something post release.

Only time they almost completely changed gameplay was with Pes 2014, but that game was universally criticized so they had nothing to lose and really tried to adjust it, but still in March, several months after release.

No problems with the finish, you see players at Sunday league level cracking worldies every weekend and you would rate them compared to a pro as a '10 out of 100'

THe problem there is the defender not pressing, makes no sense doing that little toe tap movement forward.
Except on Advanced shooting, you can hit these kinds of shots very consistently with such poor players... Sometimes they fly 1m wide or over but they are all hit absolutely perfectly with power and swerve. Yeah Sunday league players will score worldies sometimes, but they will scuff and slice shots all over the place more often than not from that distance... Doesn't happen in PES.

This was Superstar AI but they tend not to try pressing players in that position on corners for some reason, so you get acres of space to do these shots with time to do that tap ahead.

Chiellini is 34, anyone who buys a centre back at that age for over 50M is stupid.

Its not like he is marketable and will bring in revenues like Ronaldo... so id say thats a decent price.

Dybala on the other hand is silly.

Understood(i'm italian and a Juventus fan)

What i was talking about is how Konami makes price with no sense

How you will get in real life Dybala for less 40 million

I rembember that Juve has paid for him 40 million 3 years ago to Palermo

That is embarassing for my point of view...price in ML is a crap to be honest

Also clause release it's a joke...it's seems like that a player whatsoever has a clause,but isn't real

EA has made this better...Joaquin in Fifa with 82 Overall and 37 years get his value at 7,5 million...or Ibra 14.5 million with 36 years

It's such a shame to see Buffon in
Pes at 40 years paid 32 million to get a deal with Psg

I'm not compare Fifa and Pes for gameplay or licenses or whatever you want...never mind...i'm just talking about how(for me)EA did better than Konami in terms of price/overall/age

:)

The fact that they did no quality testing at all, then put out official screenshots on Twitter showing it was broken, then photoshopped the pic, rather than fix the issue, then still released the product in a broken state, knowing it was broken, then waited 2 weeks for people to point it out yet again, before even acknowledging it, and it could still be weeks/months before we see a fix ..... deserves absolutely no credit at all as far as I'm concerned.

Lies and cover ups does not earn respect.

I wish somebody had the right connections to challenge what they did. It was completely misleading, and underhand, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom