PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Played 1 game on fifa demo last night, i am determined to give it more of a go this year but initial reaction is WTF how does this game sell so well? Graphics are poor, passing is unsatisyfying and unrealistic and the game is too fast.

Will play it alot tonight but my cousin is coming round tommrow so may end up buying PES purerly for human vs human offline lol

Is online divisions as badly scripted as previous years or is it at least slightly better? i imagine i wont be winning 25 on trot like I did on demo?

Started an international cup yesterday with Belgium.
There was one match with a setting which I can´t recall, as everything was set on random (I just know it was daytime), which had such cool lighting that in some areas it almost looked photorealistic. I think it was in Inter Mailand´s home stadium.

Really enjoyed that one and the game itself was great.
I like the heavy weight of the players and also when they start sprinting. They don´t run maximum straight away, they need to gain speed first. Also, the way they turn their bodies around looks natural and not quick and cartoonish which I really appreciate.

What I found really awkward though was, when Jim Beglin and Dury started to talk about PES league...like how cool it is and how it works...WTF?

Is online divisions as badly scripted as previous years or is it at least slightly better? i imagine i wont be winning 25 on trot like I did on demo?

I play Manual passing in Divisions and never feel cheated or that it's scripted but I'm not saying it isn't a real thing. Just haven't noticed it myself.

Funny thing though, I got a message last night where someone wrote the match we just played was scripted. He was Man U and I Atalanta. I won 1-0 after a scrappy goal. The thing though, I on purpose set my team up very defensive, counter attack and had 2 CB:s on Lukaku (since he is a MONSTER and almost impossible to take the ball from). He didn't have that many chances although he of course had more than me and more possesion, but that's football sometimes right? In his mind it probably felt scripted, in reality, I outsmarted him...

Then, @Ameppe, what's your take on the photoshopped transfer screenshot (from the social media page, that Asim runs) and Adam's tweet that "transfers aren't like that any more"?

Because up until this point, I'd have been on your side of the fence. Now, I don't know so much.

I don't think that photoshopped screenshot came from Asim.

Adam said transfers were working good in Pes 2019 ML but what did you expect him to say?

What i'm trying to tell is that Adam and Asim are part of the marketing team created by Konami. It's Konami's fault if there are just two guys like them in charge of communicating with customers.

If you really want to complain to someone tell Konami to hire other people that are better at that job than Asim and Adam, don't tell to fire them because maybe they are not good in communication department but are still useful to Konami in other positions maybe.

Telling Konami to fire people like it's some sort of quick fix for everything is wrong with Pes actual development is quite childish to be honest.

Last edited:
So many voices to be heard? I've read a lot of complaints about AI on Twitter.
Where are the other voices? I wonder where they get their feedback from
I recon the other voices are people who cant connect online at all. I've seen as many complaints about it as I've seen about AI.
And if thats the case then - fair enough.
Priority to me would also be to get everyone able to play the game first, before I fixed the gameplay.

The only problem is - every patch that they are bringing so far is fixing logos, kits and shoes. Im just hoping there is some bloke on the side who is fixing minor, easy things like this, while others are focused on connection error and gameplay.

I play Manual passing in Divisions and never feel cheated or that it's scripted but I'm not saying it isn't a real thing. Just haven't noticed it myself.

Funny thing though, I got a message last night where someone wrote the match we just played was scripted. He was Man U and I Atalanta. I won 1-0 after a scrappy goal. The thing though, I on purpose set my team up very defensive, counter attack and had 2 CB:s on Lukaku (since he is a MONSTER and almost impossible to take the ball from). He didn't have that many chances although he of course had more than me and more possesion, but that's football sometimes right? In his mind it probably felt scripted, in reality, I outsmarted him...

Thank you, i think i may end up buying it tommorow. Human vs Human offline will get moneys worth over the year and hopefully online is bearable unlike 16-18.

Feel like being Fiorentinas young side first!

I recon the other voices are people who cant connect online at all. I've seen as many complaints about it as I've seen about AI.
And if thats the case then - fair enough.
Priority to me would also be to get everyone able to play the game first, before I fixed the gameplay.

The only problem is - every patch that they are bringing so far is fixing logos, kits and shoes. Im just hoping there is some bloke on the side who is fixing minor, easy things like this, while others are focused on connection error and gameplay.
I agree also that fixing connecting issues is first thing for them to fix. But this game can do wonders if AI is fixed. It`s said before, when simple edits in files reduced low crosses on PC version they can`t say that they can`t do the same thing!

After playing FIFA 19 demo last night for a few hours then going back to PES it was like playing a last gen game. Everything looked inferior fromt he crowds, pitch, cameras, players up close...everything.

I will maybe bring PES back out if they patch it and when Ibrox and Parkhead are added but for now the game is shelved.

Thank you, i think i may end up buying it tommorow. Human vs Human offline will get moneys worth over the year and hopefully online is bearable unlike 16-18.

Feel like being Fiorentinas young side first!

Yeah, really nice team that. I gravitate towards the italian teams for the most part myself. Always the best kits as well...;)

Seen a story this morning about Konami, PES and the banners we can add in edit mode. The jist of the article was that people were using them to put in anti catholic or pro IRA banners and others of the same. One part that made me laugh was when they said Konami had the same controversy last year with a Wenger out banner. Probably wont amount to much but it got me thinking. Konami dont care about us complaining but maybe we are complaining to the wrong place. If the clubs were hearing complaints of how their fans were been treated by Konami employees on various social media maybe they wouldn't be too happy.

Another thing that would be needed is to make the gaming news industry aware of the treatment . Both things may not matter and Konami have not been too bothered by bad press in the past but I think it would need to be something on that level to make a change

Daniel calling out the admins at evo web on twitter stating he bought his own digital copy.Not sure if i missed something but whats going on
LOL.

He came here promoting the game and hardly adding anything constructive, he clearly avoided the questions that he wouldn't want to answer to (like "why everything that has to do with MyClub is a priority while everything that has to do with ML gets constantly overlooked?"), he got banned after spreading the word that Serie B and Liga 1|2|3 would only be absent this year and would be back in PES 2020 (even if it were true, how would he even know?)... But it's us who are the bad guys after all.

Leave him alone, would you kindly?
Don't retweet what he tweets, don't mention him here anymore. Don't give him any other chances to play the victim, FFS. This is what he's been waiting for since the day he got banned.

LOL.

He came here promoting the game and hardly adding anything constructive, he clearly avoided the questions that he wouldn't want to answer to (like "why everything that has to do with MyClub is a priority while everything that has to do with ML gets constantly overlooked?"), he got banned after spreading the word that Serie B and Liga 1|2|3 would only be absent this year and would be back in PES 2020 (even if it were true, how would he even know?)... But it's us who are the bad guys after all.

Don't retweet what he tweets, don't mention him here anymore. Don't give him any other chances to play the victim, FFS. This is what he's been waiting for since the day he got banned.
He was a funny character all the same. Im still laughing out loud whenever someone comes here glorifying the game and first response he gets is
"Daniel, is that you?" :D :D :D

Played 1 game on fifa demo last night, i am determined to give it more of a go this year but initial reaction is WTF how does this game sell so well? Graphics are poor, passing is unsatisyfying and unrealistic and the game is too fast.

Will play it alot tonight but my cousin is coming round tommrow so may end up buying PES purerly for human vs human offline lol

The kids will buy Fifa no matter how shit it becomes or is because they have favourite Youtubers and will want to copy the new idols. EA hit the jackpot twice when the YouTube generation become so famous and when kids are allowed to spend so much money on gambling loot boxes the kids got hooked and obsessed.

PES with friends or family is a really incredible game you will not regret that buy. If they can fix the low crossing back heel issue it will also be incredible v AI.

Last edited:
If they fix this.

If they fix that. Yada yada yada.

Stop all this moaning.

The solution is in post #3104.

Seen a story this morning about Konami, PES and the banners we can add in edit mode. The jist of the article was that people were using them to put in anti catholic or pro IRA banners and others of the same. One part that made me laugh was when they said Konami had the same controversy last year with a Wenger out banner. Probably wont amount to much but it got me thinking. Konami dont care about us complaining but maybe we are complaining to the wrong place. If the clubs were hearing complaints of how their fans were been treated by Konami employees on various social media maybe they wouldn't be too happy.

Another thing that would be needed is to make the gaming news industry aware of the treatment . Both things may not matter and Konami have not been too bothered by bad press in the past but I think it would need to be something on that level to make a change

Do you see it?

I'm not going to spell it out for you. Please for the love of sweet (insert deity here) tell me you see it.

That's the word, "EASY"
The developers don't want to put much effort in the game. The improvement each year are very minor and "EASY" to do.
They are "LAZY".
They haven't fix a lot of issues we have for years. These issues takes a bit "more effort" to fix, and they are not willing to do that.

So many voices to be heard? I've read a lot of complaints about AI on Twitter.
Where are the other voices? I wonder where they get their feedback from.
The cashcow myclub voices mate.

The kids will buy Fifa no matter how shit it becomes or is because they have favourite Youtubers and will want to copy the new idols. EA hit the jackpot twice when the YouTube generation become so famous and when kids are allowed to spend so much money on gambling loot boxes the kids got hooked and obsessed.

PES with friends or family is a really incredible game you will not regret that buy. If they can fix the low crossing back heel issue it will also be incredible v AI.

Absolutely!
And the heaviest argument always remains to them: "PES ain´t got the licenses, I wanna play with Real Madrid! I wanna play with Bayern Munich".
They don´t care about OF´s and patches. They care about scoring quick goals, with tricks and shit.

I really like the game. Yeah AI sucks at times and it's far from perfect. I know that. There are multiple things I wish were different. But the more I play, the better it gets.

It still is a game, costs me less than a good dinner. I played it for more than 30 hours already. Yes, I will get bored by playing against AI soon. But my mates play it too. I will play it for many more hours against them or my son. I patched the game so I got it all in the game.

Back in the PS2 era, the AI was getting boring too. I don't like online pes and I never did. To me, this game has flaws for sure, but in the end I cam get enough hours fun out of it. If I didn't play vs humans offline this much, no soccer game would stay fun on the long term. But in my situation, the game is good and lasting.

Oh... Did they change advanced shooting? It went way better last night. Even scored some great headers.

Daniel calling out the admins at evo web on twitter stating he bought his own digital copy.Not sure if i missed something but whats going on

People like him exemplify what is wrong with the PES Scene. Konami, Adam Bhatti and Asim Tanvir surround themselves with sycophants that cozy up to them for personal gains while only telling them what they want to hear.

Meanwhile the actual players and fanbase are being shut out and blocked left and right. I myself was blocked by Adam a year ago after inquiring about why the Beta was so radically different from the final game - an experience that many of us have made. Serious, constructive feedback and criticism are being blocked, praise is accepted.

How out of touch with reality are they? They aren't in North Korea, even if they turn a blind eye to the truth, it will still spread on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Evo-Web and other boards.
Their policy is insane and finally sales and reviews are starting to catch up.

Shambles of a company.

So its just me that thinks that shooting still odd on this game? I mean, the only way to score from long range is shooting holding the sprint button, like on a fighting game were you do a command. Theres is not intuition in it. No body position, angle or space context. Its all about power. Sometimes keepers dont save a weak shot from mid range but on long rangers he is like spider-slenderman. So Its all good if keepers are better then?

Despite it all though, the feeling when you get the ball with the likes of Papu Gomez and Ziyech in PES is unparalleled. I'm alwyas afraid this has been lost when a new game comes out.
Playing as Milan.
Taking shots and freekicks with Calhanuglu,yeeee!
Or finishing in the box with Higuain.
Love how this game plays on the ball.
Shit load of other issues,but on the ball,great!

LOL.

Just another cheerleading yes-man who has sold the game down the river.

LOL.

You're not wrong.

szie8OG.png

UyzZZ8l.gif

Game is exactly the same since update

CPU AI still terrible, headers the same, CPU never shoots unless it’s first time shot....

Sick of the game now.

Back
Top Bottom