PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Just played FIFA and not impressed. Gameplay feels clunky and the facial animations are a bit uncanny valley. Konami better pull their finger out otherwise it's going to be a football free year.

This is where I disagree. Promote all you want, but don't lie. You promote and emphasize the stuff that you have, not stuff you don't. This is in fact unethical and misleading.

They're quite lucky they don't receive big backlash like other games do over the smallest things. Friggin Spiderman got backlash over a puddle of water fgs, lol. And PES PR gets away with a lot of shit.

It really is incredible what they get away with.

When you look at what we were told and what we actually got, how is that not a blatant bait and switch? They're also selling a completely broken product that shouldn't even be on the shelves in that state.

Only video games can get away with this crap for some reason. Any other product sold in the UK that doesn't work would be forced into a recall by the regulator.

Guys is it me or AI scoring from low crossess got even worse after today`s patch? I know they didn`t mention any gameplay changes but... I concede 2-3 goals every match from low crosses, before that I can block them, now attackers become left alone from defenders to score. Anyone?

I use Fluid Formation. When defending I put my Full Backs to CB and all my Midfielders to DM. I also use Advanced Instruction Swarm the box. AI keep trying low crosses but It's easier to me to avoid AI goals.

Daniel calling out the admins at evo web on twitter stating he bought his own digital copy.Not sure if i missed something but whats going on

I play against mates regularly. So for me it's good enough. But I played a match against AI and maybe just luck, but it was pretty fun and less low crosses. But maybe it's the team I played against (Roma)
i do play tons of games in cup mode (konami cup and Eu master league) and there are very very few low crosses. So I am thinking it may depends on mode, team etc. but certainly i don't see the Ai that bad at all

Lmao ..oh well....Was just going thru adams twitter where by he has acknowledged the ai issues
""Thanks Diogo, I really appreciate your feedback. All I can promise u is I’m listening, and we’re talking about everything.
Only thing I want you to understand is that a) what you maybe think is an easy fix really isn’t, and b) so many voices to be heard and prioritise.
Thanks!""

Only time will tell if they do release a patch.Not sure about priorities because everyone has been complaining about the ai

I had a funny moment in the commentary, saying that the AI should mix the crosses up...
At least the AI were taking their one-on-ones earlier post patch, could just be a different sort of day on PES, low cross still seems to be a bug post-patch.

The fix list that Konami will never fix
  • GK on goal line
  • low cross
  • Low cross + backheel
  • CPU going to the wings all the time
  • CPU not shooting 1 vs 1
  • CPU not dribbing or taking long shots

Any other bugs to add to the list?

""Thanks Diogo, I really appreciate your feedback. All I can promise u is I’m listening, and we’re talking about everything.
Only thing I want you to understand is that a) what you maybe think is an easy fix really isn’t, and b) so many voices to be heard and prioritise.
That's the word, "EASY"
The developers don't want to put much effort in the game. The improvement each year are very minor and "EASY" to do.
They are "LAZY".
They haven't fix a lot of issues we have for years. These issues takes a bit "more effort" to fix, and they are not willing to do that.

So many voices to be heard? I've read a lot of complaints about AI on Twitter.
Where are the other voices? I wonder where they get their feedback from.

I had a funny moment in the commentary, saying that the AI should mix the crosses up...
At least the AI were taking their one-on-ones earlier post patch, could just be a different sort of day on PES, low cross still seems to be a bug post-patch.

The fix list that Konami will never fix

• GK on goal line
    low cross
    Low cross + backheel
    CPU going to the wings all the time
    CPU not shooting 1 vs 1
    CPU not dribbing or taking long shots

Any other bugs to add to the list?

Interesting, i play on PC and replace the dt18 file from the full game with the demo one. It is 11/12 but i've seen some long shot and dribble by the cpu ai (superstar), it is not always wings play though, it is not always low cross despite still see not balance with high cross.. GK is the same.

That's the word, "EASY"
The developers don't want to put much effort in the game. The improvement each year are very minor and "EASY" to do.
They are "LAZY".
They haven't fix a lot of issues we have for years. These issues takes a bit "more effort" to fix, and they are not willing to do that.

So many voices to be heard? I've read a lot of complaints about AI on Twitter.
Where are the other voices? I wonder where they get their feedback from.

“I wonder where they get their feedback from”

From sycophants

Played Fifa demo last night and man, am I glad that I bought PES. Despite its faults it plays beautifully. The player moment, the speed, Everything feels natural at least. I just could not even finish one match in that demo before closing it.
Praying and hoping at least there will be a patch to fix few stuffs up now.

That Daniel fellow is desperate for people to like PES 2019...what a strange man.

Offical PES twitter account keeps tweeting out boringClub stuff .... and the replies are glorious.

Konami might have PES'd too many people off this time...

Pes 2020 will be the game we all been waiting for. King is back.
He's also in PES 2019 I guess. Doesn't he play for Leicester (or Swansea? I don't remember if he got back or if he's still there)?

Last edited:
Priorities.
Yeah, that's the scary bit. Priorities.

As a company (so with non-infinite resources), would you first fix a problem users have in MyClub (a mode that brings in extra revenue thanks to microtransactions) or would you first fix a problem that only affects people playing offline (so, basically, people not giving you money for MyClub)?

I think that the "player X doesn't have a proper face so I cannot play with him in MyClub" complaints will always be taken more seriously by Konami than the "please have a look at the offline AI as it is broken" requests.

Despite it all though, the feeling when you get the ball with the likes of Papu Gomez and Ziyech in PES is unparalleled. I'm alwyas afraid this has been lost when a new game comes out.

You are completely right. The feeling of each player is still far better in PES. The difference is FIFA isn't just that quick. I’m not feeling that i could do several more things with El Shaarawy than with Kevin Strootman. The difference in heaviness is still bigger in PES.

Maybe this is a strange example. But precisely that type of players is just similar to each other in FIFA.

You can feel it with Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi etc. But not the level under that.

Again.. I have a feeling as a Single Player game - if the AI low crossing etc. is toned down, it would be a clear winner for me. Overall, I think the gameplay is far better than 2018.

I played 4-5 games in Master League yesterday and in a lot of areas it just clicked big time. I felt that the AI low crossing was toned down. The problem is that it is still the most common way for the AI to score and this is frustrating.

I played 4-5 games in Master League yesterday and in a lot of areas it just clicked big time. I felt that the AI low crossing was toned down. The problem is that it is still the most common way for the AI to score and this is frustrating.
Yeah. The frustrating part is that all the teams seem to do it.
I mean, if it were only, say, Barcelona, with for example MD White attacking centrally, London FC attacking with high crosses for Giroud and such... I would be OK with it.
But all the teams (even the smaller ones, the ones that probably have been a little overlooked tactically and thus maybe share the same "default" tactic) play that stupid "must go to the flank and cross it in low no-matter-what" style.
We PC users are somehow lucky that we can tone it down to some extent (by modifying the dt18_x64 file, for the moment) and it looks like it works. But for consoles users, the only way to have it sorted is to hope for Konami to fix it.

Last edited:
It doesn't help that your team play like absolute regards for half a season if you dare to change formation or make a couple of transfers. The AI can just exploit that low cross at will.

That Daniel fellow is desperate for people to like PES 2019...what a strange man.
It's because he is closely affiliated with Konami and works for the company that arranges the PES League events.

He wants you to like the game because it directly benefits him personally. If PES dies, so dies PES League. This is why I have never given his words credibility and have always challenged him on forums.

Sorry for :OT:, like. Moving on...

I keep getting urges to put the game on but when I do I tend to just sit there at the menu and don't actually know what I want to do. There's nothing that grabs me within the game. Shows how limited the package is; not to compare to FIFA but playing that demo and seeing some of the clips (the retro match, complete with John Motson on commentary, in The Journey) highlights the massive gulf between the two games.

Yes, gameplay is king but when one game offers decent gameplay but absolutely nothing else and the other offers gameplay that isn't that great but has plenty of options to customise gameplay to your taste, plus absolutely piles of content (not talking licences), then is there any doubt which offers the best experience?

Konami have so much to do and they aren't going to do it.

Back
Top Bottom