Liverpool Thread

once again Gerrard earns the win....Murphy's penalty was predictable...he never misses. It's good to win at United, I'm happy with the result.
But nothing to harp about, we hardly mustered a shot on target except
for the penalty. In fact we had so many shots which hardly threatened.

We're lucky that the posts kept us out, and Solskjaer missed from 7 yards out. They had an off day and only threatened in the last 15 minutes.
We may have beaten Chelsea & United away from home, but the 4:2 thrashing at Highbury epitomises the gulf in class between us and the top 3.

Now we have Aston Villa joining a 3-way fight for 4th spot. I hope Newcastle lose tomorrow.
We may not deserve 4th spot, but it's a tough choice....if we get 5th or 6th, will the board sack Houllier? I don't think so.
So we might as hope for 4th spot, hoping we don't get knocked out in the CL qualifiers. That will give us some more money, but with Houllier in charge, I fear for the quality of new signings.
Cisse is the only one I'm looking forward to watching.

reelist said:
what do u think of the new kit guys?

shirt_large.jpg

Not bad, but I like this rendition that someone posted at Koptalk....

Danny01.jpg

Classic!

Oh, and great win over SCUM, really pulled out a nice clutch V.

well after saturday its obvious why lfc are where they are in the league...

well I spose you guys are used to it now...

14 years and counting...............

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
well after saturday its obvious why lfc are where they are in the league...

well I spose you guys are used to it now...

14 years and counting...............

:roll:
well if there was any match that showed us why we're in 4th place and not in the top 3, it was'nt the win over you Mancs !!!???!
It was the countless draws and defeats we've had all season.

the last 2 seasons have been disappointing, Houllier has ran out of ideas.
we desperately need a change, the rot has already set in
and does'nt look like improving.
we need a massive clearout in the summer and get in 4-5 well-established talented players.

I'm just hoping that the board are playing it diplomatic when they
say that Houllier will still be around, keeping in mind not to make
any commotion before the season ends.
I hope they're waiting for the season to end, before trying to replace
him.

Well 14 years and counting.....how long did the mancs have to wait...26 years .... that's not bad, we still have another 12 yrs to become worse than you lot were. ;)

The important games just keep coming at the top and bottom of the table at this time of year.

Boro visit Anfield on Sunday and we need to kick some ass to show everyone we mean business :twisted:

Congrats fellas. You scored and we didnt. We had the possession but you guys had the experience and the talent to put it into the net when it matter. Beat the JawDees to fourth will ya?

good we won, heard we had a lot of chances.
next up, a trip to Birmingham....will be tough.

....but now we have Aston Villa in the race.
they could be the dark horses

When the pressures on I think we come into our own, 4th place is ours if we keep Smicer on the bench

Pool did ok today, but why in the name of all thats feckin holy do we stop playing football when we have a lead?

As for boro they are A prolific striker away from being a regular top six team IMO.

nice to see riise deciding to take on a few players in the first half, i was very impressed. however, yet again we insist on sitting back..its crap to be honest. if your 2-0 up you dont wanna just give up, at least look interested

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Pool did ok today, but why in the name of all thats feckin holy do we stop playing football when we have a lead?

That's been our story ALL season, like look what happened against Arsenal when we tried to do that, pure mediocrity from Houllier.

Kezman making eyes at Liverpool

PSV Eindhoven striker Mateja Kezman claims that Liverpool are among the clubs queuing up to sign him.

Earlier this season, Birmingham and Fulham showed an interest in the forward, with Blues making PSV an offer for the Serbo-Montenegrin international but failing to reach an agreement with the Eindhoven outfit.

Kezman, who scored twice in PSV's 5-0 victory over Volendam at the weekend, has an ongoing contract with the club.

However, it is understood the Eredivisie side are willing to cooperate in a transfer, with Liverpool being the latest Premiership side to show an interest in signing the 25-year-old.

"Liverpool are back in the race, that's true. It is a marvellous club with a great history. It would be great to join that club," Kezman told De Telegraaf newspaper.

Could this be with the inevitability with Owen being sold in the summer?

LIVERPOOL will sell Emile Heskey to Birmingham and use the money to lure Alan Smith to Anfield.

Kop boss Gerard Houllier is ready to tempt the young England striker to Merseyside despite already committing £14million to the purchase of Auxerre forward Djibril Cisse.

Heskey has long been surplus to requirements at Liverpool and his Anfield career will come to an end in the summer with a move to Birmingham looking increasingly likely.

Steve Bruce is willing to spend £5m on taking Heskey to the Midlands, and at that price Liverpool will happily do business.

The money will then be placed in a war chest to tempt Smith from relegated Leeds, if the price is right for the Merseyside club.

Anfield chief executive Rick Parry has already held an informalmeeting with Smith's agent.

The crucial factor though is the fee that Leeds will demand. Liverpool are totally committed to buying Cisse which means they do not have fortunes to spend on another striker.

Leeds are believed to want as little as £5m for their prize asset after relegation because they need to clear him off the wage bill. At that price, Liverpool will be ready to splash out.

2 good bits of business there :D

In all fairness to GH it took 7 years for Sir McTwat to win his 1st League. GH has only been in 6 years, fair enough we have not perfromed domestically for most of this period but look at the silverware he's brought us.
Now this does not make up for the league but i think that next season is make or break time for Mr. Houllier if we are not League contenders / Champs League contenders !

If not then it's about time we stopped accepting 3rd rate performances and bullshit excuses and stopped relying purely on Gerrard/Kewell/Owen

Sabac Red said:
I read today that we're supposedly after Upson, could be a good part-exchange for Heskey....

Steve Bruce would be mad to accept that offer :mrgreen:

Gazz22 said:
Sabac Red said:
I read today that we're supposedly after Upson, could be a good part-exchange for Heskey....

Steve Bruce would be mad to accept that offer :mrgreen:

damn right who in the right mind is gonna wanna sign Heskey..

Upson is a cracking player, it just doesnt make sense...

it will be great business if they get upson. not only is upson a better striker than heskey he can also play at the back.

Birmingham away next.
I think we might actually win this one.
(but we might sit back and do the counter)
Expect the blues to attack us, which will enable Gerrard, Owen & Kewell to have more space.

Prediction 2:0 win for us.

mathewsss said:
)
Expect the blues to attack usquote]

hey Mat have you seen Birmingham play this season? if you have im sure you will know that Birminghams whole game plan is there solid defense two banks of four and all that! ;)

3-0, fuckin have that :D

Owen, Heskey and Gerrard who once again played out of his skin. One of our best performances of the season and a great game for the team as a whole without Diouf, Diao, Smicer, Traore or Cheyrou. Wonder if that will give Houllier an idea of our best team for the next match....Do NOT change it!!!

yep

youve hit a run right at the perfect time

someone had to do it

never mind

uefa cup again :(
then again couple of half decent wins and we may only need a draw

i think we have to score 7 over next two games

right like thats going to happen with half a team :x

Back
Top Bottom