Liverpool Thread

Ashed said:
Don't think your fellow Europeans would agree with that. How many English teams have won the Champions League? Spain or Italy deserves it more, I think.

Yeah they can 5 teams too.
You could have teams like Liverpool (if they finish 5th) in a qualifier with a team like Olympiakos. And if Liverpool win, they can't argue with it.

Ashed said:
Don't think your fellow Europeans would agree with that. How many English teams have won the Champions League? Spain or Italy deserves it more, I think.

Yeah they can 5 teams too.
You could have teams like Liverpool (if they finish 5th) in a qualifier with a team like Olympiakos. And if Liverpool win, they can't argue with it.

Stuart said:
due to your 1-0 loss today, this is still gonna go to the wire. The game at Anfield is one i am not looking forward to.......

...and nor am I :(

Apparently, Guy Roux has said Mexes destination in the summer is to the Kop(we're the only club in europe to have made an concrete offer) with Cisse, that sounds very promising if it happens.

Yep this 4th place business is going down to the wire, we've had to slip ups now we've got to win every last game now.

Liverpool have been involved in season-ending Champions league deciders for the previous 4 seasons:

02-03:
Chelsea v Liverpool (lost 2:1 to miss out on CL)

01-02:
Liverpool v Ipswich (won 5:0 to ensure 2nd spot : automatic CL qualification)

00-01:
Charlton v Liverpool (won 4:0 to ensure 3rd spot: eventually qualified for CL)

99-00:
Bradford v Liverpool (lost 1:0 to miss out on CL)

ThomasGOAL said:
The new Emile Heskey !!!!
Is a Japanese CLONING !!

2901013.jpg

No that can't be right, the ball looks like its going in.. :mrgreen:

mathewsss said:
Liverpool have been involved in season-ending Champions league deciders for the previous 4 seasons:

02-03:
Chelsea v Liverpool (lost 2:1 to miss out on CL)

01-02:
Liverpool v Ipswich (won 5:0 to ensure 2nd spot : automatic CL qualification)

00-01:
Charlton v Liverpool (won 4:0 to ensure 3rd spot: eventually qualified for CL)

99-00:
Bradford v Liverpool (lost 1:0 to miss out on CL)

03-04:
Liverpool v Newcastle (lost 0:2 to miss out on CL) ?

[Forgive me 'pool fans :oops: ]

Ashed said:
Wow, the race for 4th hasn't been any tighter than this. Personally, I can't see you guys going to the Champions League. I'd love to see either Aston Villa, Birmingham or Charlton in Europe. 8)
*Cough* Or Boro, 4pts off with liverpool to play ;)

Philippe Mexes could still be on his way to Italy after his agent dismissed reports of an agreement with Liverpool.

Stories last week suggested that the Auxerre ace was on his way to Anfield at the end of this term.

Yet his representative has denied those claims which leaves the door open for Juventus, Roma and Inter.

"There has been no contact with the English club," stated Olivier Jouanneaux. "Things have been written which are not true."

The 22-year-old central defender is one of the most promising youngsters in the European game right now.

And Jouanneaux added that his client is very keen to play Champions’ League football next term.

"That is what the player really wants," he added. "If Auxerre get there then there is a good chance that Mexes will remain where he is."

However, the French outfit are currently fifth in the table – nine points adrift of European Cup

super mick mcarthy said:
do you think Liverpool will get much to spend in the summer?

With his current record on buying players I wouldnt give him too much to spend. Save it for our next manager

Well I read today that all the foreign imports that have failed(Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou etc...) will be up on the chopping board this summer, including Heskey.

I heard that 4th place might not save houllier from sacking...
I think they need a british manager (martin o'neill?)...

mathewsss said:
Beetlebum said:
I heard that 4th place might not save houllier from sacking...
I think they need a british manager (martin o'neill?)...

it's funny...I had a dream today that Steve McMahon was our new manager...

He is currently enjoying his time as Blackpool manager ;)

Beetlebum said:
Why not Gordon Strachan?

OOhhh dont think the scousers would like that, I can still see the picture in my mind of him smoking a cigar in the Kop end after scoring against lfc.

funny that someone mentioned McMahon, Whiteside did him two mins after coming on in the same game..

Ahhh the good old scousebusting days......

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Beetlebum said:
Why not Gordon Strachan?

OOhhh dont think the scousers would like that, I can still see the picture in my mind of him smoking a cigar in the Kop end after scoring against lfc.

funny that someone mentioned McMahon, Whiteside did him two mins after coming on in the same game..

From what I remember, there wasn't much Scousebusting going on from you Mancs, it was more the other way around..Mancbusting from the scousers, much more fun.

Butatista said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Beetlebum said:
Why not Gordon Strachan?

From what I remember, there wasn't much Scousebusting going on from you Mancs, it was more the other way around..Mancbusting from the scousers, much more fun.

well that proves your memory is sh*te, they hardly beat us in those days, they we're still winning things granted but I think when Big Ron was managing the club they beat us about 3 times in about 15-16 games...

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
well that proves your memory is sh*te, they hardly beat us in those days, they we're still winning things granted but I think when Big Ron was managing the club they beat us about 3 times in about 15-16 games...

true in those days Liverpool could hardly beat the mancs....

GERARD Houllier last night dismissed speculation over his future by insisting he will be at Anfield next season to lead Liverpool to the title.

The under-siege manager made his claim just 24 hours after chief executive Rick Parry insisted that fourth place in the Premiership and qualification for the Champions League was not an acceptable target for the club.

With Martin O'Neill's availability next season again on the agenda following Celtic's elimination from Europe, there is mounting pressure on the club to replace Houllier.

But the French coach remains defiant - despite Liverpool trailing Arsenal by an incredible 29 points with five games to go. "I can understand the speculation about my future, but I definitely think I will be at Anfield next season," he said. "I think we will win the title together.

"The team has had various problems this year, but I believe the team will grow and at some stage we will win the title.

"I feel strong, I feel fine, and I am feeling that I want to fight back next season because I am not happy with what has happened this season.

"Just like the fans, we are feeling extremely disappointed with what has happened, but we want to bounce back, and I can't wait for the beginning of next season."

Liverpool chairman David Moores and chief executive Parry are still tempted to stick with the Frenchman.

They have earmarked over £100m to be spent on a new stadium, and are worried that if they make changes it could cause more problems rather than prove Liverpool's salvation.

How doped up was he when he made this statement :shock:

Back
Top Bottom