Liverpool Thread

Another inspiring 0-0 draw and Houllier is happy with that. Why is this man so happy with mediocrity?

CWright said:
Another inspiring 0-0 draw and Houllier is happy with that. Why is this man so happy with mediocrity?

I've become numb to the team's results or the manager's post-match
comments.
It's not worth worrying about.
I'm just waiting for the summer hoping we get a new manager and players.
Houllier did well to bring us all those trophies, but now we're just as mediocre as Roy Evans' team. In fact a more boring version of that team.

Well who can replace Houllier ?
Maybe MON, but I doubt he will come to Anfield.
Who else?
Don't know, but before it gets too late, we should replace GH.

mathewsss said:
I've become numb to the team's results or the manager's post-match
comments.
It's not worth worrying about.
I'm just waiting for the summer hoping we get a new manager and players.

makes the two of us.season's done for me..

mathewsss said:
Houllier did well to bring us all those trophies, but now we're just as mediocre as Roy Evans' team. In fact a more boring version of that team.

all those trophies?charity shield,mickey mouse cups(although beating those manc monkeys in one was great!),a poor mans european cup,and the fa cup whilst playin awful,borin football?i'd rather give it all back for the way we played under roy evans.we just didnt have the personnel then.

mathewsss said:
Well who can replace Houllier ?
Maybe MON, but I doubt he will come to Anfield.
Who else?
Don't know, but before it gets too late, we should replace GH.

Fabio Capello,Ottmar Hitzfeld,Jose Mourinho would be tempted to leave thier respective clubs if we made a serious approach.These are only options IMO who can bring us back to the top of not only england but europe more importantly...

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is confident that he will be in charge next season and has drawn up a list of targets which includes Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips, claim newspaper reports this weekend.

If you believe the reports, Houllier sees Wright-Phillips as just the sort of flair player needed to inject some more creativity into the reds following a miserable season. One report claims that the Reds are prepared to splash £10million on the player.

Other players linked with the Reds this weekend include Werder Bremen midfielder Johan Micoud, Sheffield United's Michael Tonge and Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves. All of them, apart from Wright-Phillips, have been linked with us before.

NO!NO!NO!

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he could be sacked in the summer but remains confident that he will still be in charge come the opening day of the new campaign.

If he is axed he says he will not quit the game but time is running out at Anfield and the coin appears to have finally dropped that current results are not acceptable.

"There is no chance I will consider retiring now or in the summer. That is simply not on the agenda," said the boss.

"It's not for me to say if I will be at Liverpool next season. That is for other people to decide. But, yes, I do believe I will still be in charge.

"In an ideal world I'd like to finish my career with Liverpool, and I don't intend to give up just yet.

"We have had a terrible season. There are no trophies and there have been some terrible decisions and terrible injuries.

"But we are still in fourth place, we still have the Champions League to aim at, and we have the experience of this season, the strength that this adversity gives us to use next season.

"I think we can go forward and I believe that I have seen enough in my side, even in adversity, to suggest they will get stronger.

"The board have seen that too. The people who have impressed me with their human qualities through all this are the board. They have been magnificent and I appreciate that from all of them.

"I don't believe in fate. Nothing is decided yet, but if I am sacked in the summer by Liverpool then I will carry on in football. I want to continue and I have the appetite to continue. I want to finish only when my health tells me to, and at the moment my health is good and my spirit is good.

"These are difficult times, but we have a good record at Liverpool and despite what people say about us we are playing some exciting, attacking football.

"We dominated the game in Marseille and yet one poor decision, one moment, cost us dearly.

"But now we have the challenge of the last nine games, which are like nine cup finals. If we win those then the season will look very different."

Porto coach Jose Mourinho has already told Liverpool chiefs the players he wants at Anfield next season.

Mourinho is favourite to take over from manager Gerard Houllier in the summer, with Porto prepared to stand aside and allow their trainer to secure a dream move to the Premiership.

Sources in Portugal have told the Sunday Mirror that Mourinho has already identified players he would like to take with him from Porto to the Reds, including striker Benni McCarthy and defender Carvahlo.

Why do the board insist on bringing in a foreign manager? The strengths of the Liverpool of old was the grit and passion of the team. I honesty do think that will bring us the Premiership in the future.

I rate Mourinho and his work in Porto but I just don't think that he will have the capability to grind out results against the lower teams in the league - something I believe that MON has. I mean, if he can make Heskey score, he must be able to work miracles on the rest of the team?

Priority now is to do well in the League. Success in European cups? well they come later and maybe then we can look at more continental managers (even though I reckon MON has these qualities as well).

Well, I maybe wrong anyway but thats my two cents......... :roll:

rockykabir said:
Why do the board insist on bringing in a foreign manager? The strengths of the Liverpool of old was the grit and passion of the team. I honesty do think that will bring us the Premiership in the future.

I rate Mourinho and his work in Porto but I just don't think that he will have the capability to grind out results against the lower teams in the league - something I believe that MON has. I mean, if he can make Heskey score, he must be able to work miracles on the rest of the team?

Priority now is to do well in the League. Success in European cups? well they come later and maybe then we can look at more continental managers (even though I reckon MON has these qualities as well).

Well, I maybe wrong anyway but thats my two cents......... :roll:

do you know the success rate of british managers?times have changed man.if we keep livin in the past,might as well get scottish,irish players and stop bringin in foreign players as well.do ya think we'd go further?MON has been in the premiership with leicester and never really achieved anythin with em.or at least nothin houllier has.ya should also check out heskey "goals" record for leicester.nothin ade akinbiyi couldnt achieve....

true true........ when managers like Kev Keegan were linked to the job I was like 'ere we go again :roll:

but its a bit different with MON - I just got that feeling that a player who played under Cloughie is the right man for the job - we need that passion back......

Whoever's the next manager, I hope they have enough sense to bring Fowler back home :mrgreen:

Like said we need that passion back, also tatically wise we need a fresh approach to our play.

Personally I want see either MON or Hitzfield at the helm...and Misfit what was Wenger doing before he came to Arsenal?

kevano22 said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Riise
diouf
cheyrou
biscan
diao

Are all wankers.

and ur point is...
I'm a season ticket holder at anfield, and feel I have right to say that these guys haven't made the grade. Wankers=should be fooked off.

I'd take Riise out that list personally, had a good first season, he's a good player.

The rest, off with their heads...

Sabac Red said:
I'd take Riise out that list personally, had a good first season, he's a good player.

Hhhmmmmm yeah I know what you are saying, But I think riise is still living on the back of a few spectacular goals, That free-kick against manure especially.

His overall game has never Impressed me TBH. :l

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Sabac Red said:

Hhhmmmmm yeah I know what you are saying, But I think riise is still living on the back of a few spectacular goals, That free-kick against manure especially.

His overall game has never Impressed me TBH. :l

Gotta admit, I thought Risse was gonna be sh*t hot at first, specially after that goal against us, that was a feckin screamer, I can still here the commentator "RISSAHHHHH!!"

Help me out, here cuz i dont know much about L'pool, but would love to see them do well cuz Gerrard is one of my favorite players to watch. Kid is all heart.

What is the deal with Cheyrou? Was he the guy people were touting as the "Next Zidane"? Is he a success/failure/enigma??

Thanks

ghazi said:
Help me out, here cuz i dont know much about L'pool, but would love to see them do well cuz Gerrard is one of my favorite players to watch. Kid is all heart.

What is the deal with Cheyrou? Was he the guy people were touting as the "Next Zidane"? Is he a success/failure/enigma??

Thanks

yeah Stevie G is a feckin star, the only liverpool player I'd gladly see in a United shirt...

As for Bruno, I'll let the lfc supporters call that one, he was in rich vein of scoring form a few weeks back but not heard much since....

Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has confirmed that he wants to buy a stake in Liverpool Football Club.

Shinawatra heads a consortium of Thailand based businessmen who have pledged to inject £60million into the club in return for 'exclusive sponsorship rights'. The consortium want to replace Carlsberg as team sponsors and want to rename the new Liverpool stadium 'The Anfield Empire Stadium'.

A deal could be finalised as early as Friday of this week and a shocking twist could be the appointment of the Thailand national team coach Thawatchai Sajukul as manager at the end of the season.

Speaking on Sky Sports, Shinawatra said: "We are very close to agreement. Very, very close. He (Thawatchai Sajukul) will have a very exciting announcement this week. It is also a very exciting time for him."

He added: "We spoke to Liverpool about the new stadium and they have big, big ambitions. We say we are all ready to strike back so we think we should call the stadium The Empire Stadium or The Anfield Empire Stadium."

Liverpool Football Club have refused to comment about the claims but have confirmed they have arranged a press conference for Friday.

im sorry but...LOL!!!this is turnin into a joke!!

Auxerre striker Djibril Cisse is on his way to Liverpool, even if they don't qualify for next season's Champions League.

He said: "I certainly wouldn't be put off if there was no Champions League football next season, not at all.

"All clubs go through difficult periods some time or another. There is bound to be an occasional dip now and again.

"That doesn't worry me. If there's no Champions League at Liverpool next season, then that's too bad. But the thing that interests me most is the club.

"A few clubs have been interested but I always wanted to play in England, particularly for Liverpool because I first heard of their interest two years ago.

"They were the only ones to do so at the time. I gave my word to Liverpool and I am a man of my word.

"I came to a verbal agreement with Mr Houllier. Liverpool have kept their word too and I am very happy with that.

"It wasn't the fact they had a French manager, although of course I hope Mr Houllier stays at Liverpool. But I'm sure there won't be a problem."

If you believe the reports, Houllier sees Wright-Phillips as just the sort of flair player needed to inject some more creativity into the reds following a miserable season.

Kind of ironic considering we did have a superb ' flair ' player in Jari Litmannen. Then he left...wonder why..... :twisted:

Malcolm Glazer has apparently set his sights on us after his failed bid to buy a bigger piece of Man Yoo

Back
Top Bottom