Liverpool Thread

This liverpool team needs a strip job keep owen, gerrard, dudek, kewell, didi, hyppia. The rest of em are a pick and mix job coz we need a whole new team and thats just a plain fact.

As for Owen it breaks my heart to say that we have to cut our loses and maybe let him go to madrid for mega bucks, compare him to henry and horseface and he is miles behind, I always knew Owen would one day degenerate into a pace-only player, but I thought that would be when he is about 27-28.

Trust me folks Owen wants to leave can u blame him no why because he, u and the rest of europe know liverpool is not a gonna give him THE CONSISTENT SUCCESS, a once european player of the year WANTS AND NEEDS

What a goal by Hamann last nite, fuckin screamer!!!!

Didnt seem like a bad performance tbh but as the stadium doesnt seem to fill nowadays it wont be appreciated by the scousers.

Why was the attendance so low for last nights premiership game? Heard it was around 34,000. Games can't be that bad at Anfield nowadays.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
What a goal by Hamann last nite, fuckin screamer!!!!

Didnt seem like a bad performance tbh but as the stadium doesnt seem to fill nowadays it wont be appreciated by the scousers.
yeah the attendance was pathetic, i mean we got nigh on 30,000 against stoke and were in division one!
looks like the fans are showing there unhappiness with there feet

Its cos they are fickle fans, it was the same prior to them doing the mickey mouse treble....

crowds we're low..

a couple of trophies later and lo and behold its full again.....

of course we knew it wouldnt last, couple of seasons later, business as usual for lfc, few bad results and lo and behold....

the crowds start to dwindle...

its called glory hunting!!

14_Henry said:
Why was the attendance so low for last nights premiership game? Heard it was around 34,000. Games can't be that bad at Anfield nowadays.

well, if i were an 'pool fan there is no way i'd get a season ticket for the shit they play. they bore me to tears whenever i see them play.

loz said:
14_Henry said:

well, if i were an 'pool fan there is no way i'd get a season ticket for the shit they play. they bore me to tears whenever i see them play.
Yeah but we're sure better than spurs!

better, but still not winning anything and playing boring football, i know which team i'd rather watch.

loz said:
better, but still not winning anything and playing boring football, i know which team i'd rather watch.
This is coming from a man who doesn't rate Gerrard. :roll:

I'll treat your opinion with extreme caution ;)

i have never said i dont rate gerrard, i think he is an excellent player. i just dont think he is playing as well at the moment as people are saying he is. imo his short passing has been poor recently and he often tries the long ball up to owen too often. when on form he's one of the best in the country, shame he cant play under a manager that would make him a bit more focused and improve his decision making.

super mick mcarthy said:
at the moment tottenham are playing better than liverpool, the fact i rate robbie keane as one of the best strikers in the country helps ;)
You manage pool, where the hell's your loyalty! ;)

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
super mick mcarthy said:
at the moment tottenham are playing better than liverpool, the fact i rate robbie keane as one of the best strikers in the country helps ;)
You manage pool, where the hell's your loyalty! ;)
ha ha not no more mate
the leagues gone bust :(
im starting a champ manager league tho, itll kick ass !!

Don Domenico said:
Mendieta reborn? He's sadly nowhere near his form at Valencia years ago.
For a first stint a different league, he's doing just fine.........I'm well impressed.

loz said:
i have never said i dont rate gerrard, i think he is an excellent player. i just dont think he is playing as well at the moment as people are saying he is. imo his short passing has been poor recently and he often tries the long ball up to owen too often. when on form he's one of the best in the country, shame he cant play under a manager that would make him a bit more focused and improve his decision making.
He doesn't need to be anymore focused. In fact he has more drive than the top gear motor-show.

loz said:
i'm not talking about determination, i'm talking about picking the right pass.
Fair point, but feckin hell how many assists does the kid have this season.

He has a delivery akin to that of a mid-wife. ;)

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Don Domenico said:
For a first stint a different league, he's doing just fine.........I'm well impressed.

I agree, he is doing just fine. Not as fine as the old Mendieta though; The Mendieta for spain and for Valencia.

youre very good on the old analogies today vaps, i'm not denying the fella's talented, just saying that liverpool are a very boring team, hell, i'd rather watch an italian game than see them play. no offence mate, but you really need rid of GH if you are to get any better.

loz said:
youre very good on the old analogies today vaps, i'm not denying the fella's talented, just saying that liverpool are a very boring team, hell, i'd rather watch an italian game than see them play. no offence mate, but you really need rid of GH if you are to get any better.
Fair play mate...........Do I think you're right or wrong?. Truth is I don't really know :(

noone will until he either wins something or is outta anfield. I grew up when liverpool were just finishing at their peak and i find it sad that glory hunters of the gooners and man united think their teams are the best there have ever been, the late 70's and 80's sides of liverpool played some of the finest footy ever seen. . . . . lets hope liverpool can make the EPL a little more exciting next season.

loz said:
noone will until he either wins something or is outta anfield. I grew up when liverpool were just finishing at their peak and i find it sad that glory hunters of the gooners and man united think their teams are the best there have ever been, the late 70's and 80's sides of liverpool played some of the finest footy ever seen. . . . . lets hope liverpool can make the EPL a little more exciting next season.
wise words lozzer!

We won today! albeit by the skin of our teeth. C'mon lads Let's make sure that we reach the CL.

Don Domenico said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Don Domenico said:

I agree, he is doing just fine. Not as fine as the old Mendieta though; The Mendieta for spain and for Valencia.

Had his best game for awhile today as well - top draw. This is the first season id seen him play and his touch is unbelievable.

and no - i tihnk you can keep Heskey we've got Ricketts after all ;)

Just a 1-0 win today then eh.......they do know how to panic us

How many Man-of-the-match awards has gerrard won this season!!!! Feck me at least 25 I'd guess!!!

If only are other players had his desire .......................Gutless bunch of underachievers that they are :twisted:

Newcastle are constantly banging in the goals.
It will be interesting if we are still in the hunt in the last game
of the season at home (Liverpool v Newcastle).
The way the last few seaons have gone down to the wire
for our final placing in the season,
I won't be surprised if we're fighting the magpies on the last day
of the season for the 4th spot.

On the balance of the full season, Newcastle have been a more
entertaining team than us.
Do you think (not from your heart, but from the head)
that Newcastle will get that 4th spot ??

Let's see what happens.

Boro said:
Don Domenico said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Don Domenico said:

Had his best game for awhile today as well - top draw. This is the first season id seen him play and his touch is unbelievable.

and no - i tihnk you can keep Heskey we've got Ricketts after all ;)

You know, Middlesborough are a class team... with players like Juninho and Mendieta (two of my fav players).

Back
Top Bottom