Liverpool Thread

Villafc said:
You serious mate, Duff overrated?! IMO, he's exactly what Liverpool need.The guys got real talent.. id love to see him at Villa. :D

At the price blackburn want,im sure we could get someone better and plays more than bein injured with a pulled hamstring,hence overrated

Misfit said:
Villafc said:
You serious mate, Duff overrated?! IMO, he's exactly what Liverpool need.The guys got real talent.. id love to see him at Villa. :D

At the price blackburn want,im sure we could get someone better and plays more than bein injured with a pulled hamstring,hence overrated

Agree, he is injury prone.. but when he's on fire the guy is world class IMO. Spain v Ireland in the world cup last year, he ran the show. the Spanish defenders are still havin nightmares about him. :D

Villafc said:
Misfit said:
Villafc said:

Agree, he is injury prone.. but when he's on fire the guy is world class IMO. Spain v Ireland in the world cup last year, he ran the show. the Spanish defenders are still havin nightmares about him. :D

What show,the one they lost?I dont think that players should be judged on just one tournament(schilacci,milla,brolin,diouf??),If we did,then hell lets get the south korean team to play for liverpool

Well he certainly always plays consistently well for Ireland. So i think it's a bit harsh to suggest he's some one match wonder.. Trust me, the guy is a quality footballer, and i think a move away from Blackburn is what he needs if he wants his career to really take off.

Villafc said:
Well he certainly always plays consistently well for Ireland. So i think it's a bit harsh to suggest he's some one match wonder.. Trust me, the guy is a quality footballer, and i think a move away from Blackburn is what he needs if he wants his career to really take off.

He plays great for Bburn as well.

Last season was the worst I can remember in a long time. Even though we werent succesful under Evans at least we played attacking football. Liverpool have always had wide players (Heighway, Barnes, and even McManaman) last year GH tried Heskey, Diouf amongst others in wide positions and failed miserably. If we are to rebuild we need width. And IMO Duff is the man. He has been amazing for us (Ireland) and if Owen had the kind of service that Duff can provide then I think we can really get going. And Finnan is a great buy, he was voted full back of the year by the PFA 2 years ago. Also that Boumsong looks great. My team for next year would be:

Dudek

Finnan Hyppia Henchoz Riise

Diouf (?) Gerrard Murphy Duff

Baros Owen

cal-neva said:
Last season was the worst I can remember in a long time. Even though we werent succesful under Evans at least we played attacking football. Liverpool have always had wide players (Heighway, Barnes, and even McManaman) last year GH tried Heskey, Diouf amongst others in wide positions and failed miserably. If we are to rebuild we need width. And IMO Duff is the man. He has been amazing for us (Ireland) and if Owen had the kind of service that Duff can provide then I think we can really get going. And Finnan is a great buy, he was voted full back of the year by the PFA 2 years ago. Also that Boumsong looks great. My team for next year would be:

Dudek

Baros Owen

completely agree with you except i'd rather someone like kewell or van der vaart rather than duff.And really hope we get boumsong

and this would be my team for next season

dudek

finnan boumsong hyppia riise

hamann(gerrard)

van der vaart murphy kewell

cisse owen

Hopefully..............

Misfit said:
cal-neva said:

Dudek

Baros Owen

completely agree with you except i'd rather someone like kewell or van der vaart rather than duff.And really hope we get boumsong
Boumsong is great But he is nowhere near a priority, We have Carragher as cover at CB Afterall.

our money must go on a OM and/or a winger.

cal-neva said:
Last season was the worst I can remember in a long time. Even though we werent succesful under Evans at least we played attacking football. Liverpool have always had wide players (Heighway, Barnes, and even McManaman) last year GH tried Heskey, Diouf amongst others in wide positions and failed miserably. If we are to rebuild we need width. And IMO Duff is the man. He has been amazing for us (Ireland)
I agree and at the same time disagree, we don't specifically need to but a "Wide' player. Arsenal for eg don't play with wide midfielders Pires and freddie Always play inside. The difference is that arsenal have two attacking full back's who provide their width, Hopefully finnan and Riise will now do this for us. Carragher was embarrasing to watch at times at RB!

A talented OH is what Pool need most IMO.

Here's something really interesting:

And so it came to pass that the Messiah, that was called Liverpool Football Club, did come to the Last Supper with his disciples, which numbered eleven - twelve if you count the sub. These disciples were: St Bill, St Bob, St Joe, St Kenny, St Yeats, St Thomas of Smith, St John, St Roger, St Rushie, St Kevin and St Gerard the Frenchman. And there they all did sit and wait to hear what the Messiah had to say.

"We have come a long way," spake the Messiah. "We have come a long way and have done many great deeds together. We have spread the word to the good people of this land, and to many other lands both far and wide. We have spread the word across Europe - to Rome, twice, to Wembley and to Paris. Many have joined the faith, even though the temptation of the Red Devil has always been with us. But soon it will be time for me to leave you all."

"No!" cried the disciples. "Please don't leave us, Lord. What will we do without you? We're buggered if we'll follow anyone else. Mind you, there are some who already are. But why must you leave us?"

"Because," replied the Messiah, "I'm [censored]. I used to be good at this saviouring lark, but not any more. Frankly, I'm [censored], and it's time I packed it all in. But do not worry, for I will return one day. Although I will soon be put to death I will return, and when I do you'd best not have gone off supporting somebody else. Nevertheless, before I do leave you, one of you will betray me."

"Who?" cried the disciples. "We would never betray you!"

"I would," came a whining Scouse voice from under the table. It was St Steven of McManaman.

"I know you would," spake the Messiah, "for thou art nothing but a money-grabbing little prick. Go on, bugger off before you get my sandal up your arse!"

And then the room did fall silent as the Messiah did break the bread and dish out the old plonk. But there was no plonk left, for it had all been drunk by some Scottish pretend Messiah by the name of St Alex of the Pickled Liver. And then the Messiah did spaketh once more. "One of you will indeed betray me...and my money's on the Frenchman."

And everyone did agree.

After the Last Supper they all went to the Garden of Melwood, where they did partake of one last kickabout for old times' sake. All except St Gerard, who had gone off to the baddies to do his dirty deed. And then the baddies came looking for the Messiah, because Gerard had led them there. Gerard walked up to the Messiah and kissed him, then got a black eye for his trouble because we can't have that sort of thing at training grounds.

"Why do you betray me?" asked the Lord.

"Because I'm French," replied Gerard. "It's in my nature. I don't give a flying [censored] about you or your religion. All I want is the money. I'm getting thirty pieces of silver for this, and that's cheap at half the price."

So they took Him away and brought Him before the court and the King - another pissed up Scottish twat by the name of Pontius Ferguson, who had a face like a smacked arse. "You say you are a leader of men," slurred the drunken piggy-eyed [censored]. "Well, I'm the King now. Got it? And see me, by the way...I'm taking over where you left off. I will destroy you and your faith and wipe out your deeds so that everyone will forget who you were. I'll see that you never win another championship...er, I mean never come your Messiah [censored] round here ever again. Take him away and crucify him. Now...hic...pass the Johnnie Walker."

So they took Him away and put Him into the jail with all the lowlife, the thieves, the robbers, the rubbish and the human waste. And there He languished for some time, mid-table and without a hope of getting out. Soon a large crowd gathered outside the jail, shouting and chanting, for it was the custom at such times for one prisoner to be released. And now the people did clamour for the prisoner they wanted to be set free.

"Release Heskey!" cried some.

"Release Smicer!" cried others.

"Release Diouf!"

"Release Traore! For f***'s sake just let him go!!!"

"Release Owen!"

Whereupon the King, who was just about conscious, realising that there was indeed a prisoner of that name, ordered Owen to be released. Then he took him off with him to Manchester. For another thirty pieces of silver.

Later that night, some of the disciples were sitting having a drink. All except Gerard because he had gone and spent his thirty pieces of silver on some other pile of [censored] from a second-rate French team. Other people saw the disciples and started asking them if they knew the Messiah. "We have seen you with him," they said. "We have seen you with your red shirts on and your stickers in your car windows. You are followers of the one they call Liverpool Football Club."

"No," said the disciples. "You are wrong. We do not know Him. He is a stranger to us and that's a fact. We wouldn't recognise the one you call Liverpool Football Club if He came up and bit us on the arse."

Fair enough.

And then the final whistle blew, or the cock crowed or whatever, and that was that.

The Messiah was taken and given a cross to bear, a very large cross with the inscription "LFCE" - Liverpool Former Champions of Europe. And as He carried the cross through the streets, everyone did mock Him cruelly. From the tribes of Everton, Newcastle, Chelsea and Arsenal they did come. And especially the Scum of Mancunia. They scourged Him and spat at Him, cursed and said things like: "Fourteen seasons!" and "He'll never carry that cross on His own." When He reached the top of the hill, He was then nailed to the cross for all to see and left to die.

And from the watching followers of other faiths there came a sudden tremendous chorus of "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life".

Bastards!

Some time later, once He was dead and well stinking, He was cut down from the cross and placed in a hole in the ground. His body bore the ravages and many scars of His ultimate undoing: several humiliating defeats against inferior opposition during the Souness years; numerous hammerings against piss-poor European sides; those white suits at Wembley in 1996; a league position of 8th and the signings of Stan Collymore, Julian Dicks and Paul frigging Stewart.

"Never mind," spaketh the disciples to one another - those who were left and hadn't gone off to follow someone else. "The Messiah will return, just as He said He would. He will one day rise again and be among us. He will lead us all to more glorious things. He will come again and be our saviour."

So they waited...

...and waited.

But nothing happened.

Ged is willing to die for LFC, alot of people should remember that.

doesnt gerrard act like a OH with his attacking runs while hamman could be the DH
i think u need wide players big time
the thing with freddie and pires is that they are always availible out wide which gives the arse width-then they make their darting runs into the box and scores/create goals
with liverpool u rarely have that wide outlet and u Very narrow at times and pretty predictable too
a decent RW and a LW would make u a much better team (although i dont want 2 c this myself!! ;) :twisted: )

stiffler said:
doesnt gerrard act like a OH with his attacking runs while hamman could be the DH
i think u need wide players big time
the thing with freddie and pires is that they are always availible out wide which gives the arse width-then they make their darting runs into the box and scores/create goals
with liverpool u rarely have that wide outlet and u Very narrow at times and pretty predictable too
a decent RW and a LW would make u a much better team (although i dont want 2 c this myself!! ;) :twisted: )
You make some very valid points.

Tho I still say the problem lies with our full backs.

You can play Gerrard in the OH role, If you play him with Didi, But rumour has it that didi may be leaving!..........Which would leave gerrard as the DM.

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:

No he isnt.Ya really think if he was on an electric chair bein told that he would die for the good of liverpool fc,he would say"so where do you plug it in?""aint i supposed to be wet?".No!He fell ill,people fall ill.The sad part was he was at liverpool when he fell ill.He was probably stressed cos he was not doin he's job well,not becos he's "beloved" liverpool was doin badly.If that was the case,he would have died when liverpool fc stepped out on wembley with thier cream suits losing to the mancs.Dont get me wrong,i dont wish no one harm but all this "he'd die for liverpool" is just plain crap.

Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:

No he isnt.Ya really think if he was on an electric chair bein told that he would die for the good of liverpool fc,he would say"so where do you plug it in?""aint i supposed to be wet?".No!He fell ill,people fall ill.The sad part was he was at liverpool when he fell ill.He was probably stressed cos he was not doin he's job well,not becos he's "beloved" liverpool was doin badly.If that was the case,he would have died when liverpool fc stepped out on wembley with thier cream suits losing to the mancs.Dont get me wrong,i dont wish no one harm but all this "he'd die for liverpool" is just plain crap.
What part of liverpool are you from misfit?

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:

What part of liverpool are you from misfit?

im not in the uk man

I think Finnan will solve the right back prob in the sense that he'll actually get forward. But whoever plays wide for us sucks. Diouf just doesn't do it for me on the right and often we were playing with Heskey on the left. Heskey :l

Kewell! He is the Messiah! Spend spend spend!!

I hope the mighty Pool have a great season this year and take the league away from the scum!!!

Come on you reds!!!

Yer arse FS, you want Chelsea to win the league like every other Rangers fan. :mrgreen: (Or did the Tally connection put you lot of them?).

Sorry guys for interrupting! ;)

FD

p.s. 2-0 :mrgreen: ;)

Then you must want Man U to win.

Why do you always try to inflame an arguement Frank? You had no real comment to make here so why bother? Numbnuts

Awwww don't spit the dummy because Numan is coming back or did I hit home?

btw I hate Man Utd, I'd rather see Liverpool or Newcastle win the league, even Chelsea.

And not to go off-topic, I think Pool could do with a good creative AM, Gerrard is a great player but I think he's good coming from deep. What about Carr from Spurs for full-back, he's a good player. Definetely need to buy Duff, I think he'd become a great player at Pool and can see him joining them. Sell those French duffers they bought last year. Don't think they need a striker, Baros and Owen can do well.

FD

If I wanted Chelsea to win the league then I would say so Frank, or are you wanting to decide everyones opinions on your terms? twat.

Liverpool for the league.

What ever happened to us bringing in Malbranque? The guy is class and can play anywhere as an attackive midfielder I hope something is ressurected in the summer.

Kewell is off to Arsenal for sure.

Did you hear that Recoba is a target if we fail to land Duff(I don't think he is going anywhere this season) and at £7m that's alot more cheaper than what rovers are asking for Duff.

We need another forward Kanoute wouldn't be too bad cause he plays as a striker and scores goals unlike Heskey and Diouf, Et'o should be another target.

We should try and get in the race for MV-Foe(Free Transfer) or Geremi(£6m max I see this guy going for) both good players who have proved themselves to be good in the premiership.

Also Kily-Gonzalez is available on the cheap in the summer...

Recoba for £7m? Thought he would have cost a fair few bob more than that. His wages will soon put you off tho ;).

I'm quietly confident that Duff will be at Anfield next season. I dont think Manure will bid for him, which will leave us to make an offer that Blackburn simply cant refuse. Also he is a childhood Liverpool fan, he will come.

Back
Top Bottom