QUARTER FINAL

Bordeaux or Club Brugge v Genclerbirligi or Valencia

Liverpool or Marseille v Inter Milan or Benfica

Celtic or Barcelona v Villarreal or AS Roma

Auxerre or PSV Eindhoven v Newcastle or Real Mallorca

SEMI FINAL

Auxerre/PSV/Newcastle/Mallorca v Liverpool/Marseille/Inter/Benfica

Celtic/Barcelona/Villarreal/Roma v Bordeaux/Brugge/G'birligi/Valencia

looks like it's us playin barca in the final then...

Liverpool have accused Middlesbrough of 'tapping-up' striker Emile Heskey and have compiled evidence to suggest an illegal approach was made to the player earlier this season.

The claim comes ahead of the High Court hearing over Christian Ziege's controversial transfer to Anfield back in the summer of 2000. Ironically, Ziege will return to Middlesbrough this evening with Spurs for the first time since leaving them.

Boro boss Steve McClaren tried to sign Heskey in January but lack of cover at Anfield prevented any deal from going ahead. However, it is now claimed that the Reds have proof that an illegal approach took place.

why?let boro have him...

northstandhero said:
talking about tapping up, what's the outcome of the ziege situation, have u been done for that one yet?

The case is still ongoing, should be up in court sometime over the next month or so.

And for those in England the Liverpool V Marseille game is to be shown on five, probably presented by John Barnes so I suggest you tune in just in time for the kick off

Gerard Houllier has told Liverpool fans that they 'will not be disappointed' if Djibril Cisse completes his transfer to Anfield in the summer.

It has long been accepted that a £14million deal has been all but agreed with Auxerre for the striker.

The France international has openly talked of the move and his desire to play for Liverpool and is believed to have visited Liverpool's Melwood training ground for contract discussions and a preliminary medical.

And now Houllier has said: 'If he comes, Liverpool fans will not be disappointed.

'He is a player we have been following for three years, which tells you how highly we think of him.

'He is a striker who I believe could bring something good to Liverpool. He has got pace and power and he scores goals. If he comes, the fans will expect a lot of him but I don't think he would disappoint.

'All I know for now though is that we need four strikers. We have seen how important that is this season. And Cisse has said he would like to come to Liverpool. That's got to be a good thing,' he told the club's official magazine.

Despite being one of the hottest properties in Europe, Cisse is almost certain to miss the Euro 2004 finals after incurring a five-match international ban for a sending-off on under-21 duty.

Well after the bashing that marseille got over the weekend you'd expect us to come out all guns blazing, probaly not, I say 2-1.

after watchin the first half of the game its half time now we are playing absolute balls something needs to be done.

kevano22 said:
after watchin the first half of the game its half time now we are playing absolute balls something needs to be done.

My dad won £400 backing Henry to score firt last night, he put £100 on Owen tonight and he must be gutted watching that.

I look at your players and with the likes of Baros, Owen Kewell an Gerrarg you should be banging the goals in.

The final ball has been rubbish, it was only on the 45th minute that we actually strung together a decent passing move. We are the home side and we seem to be the ones who are doing all the defending

To be honest, I hope we lose......Its a small price to pay to get Houllier out.

With Cisse coming, I'm getting this awful feeling that this will persuade Houllier and the LFC board to stay on for one more year at least........I honestly won't be able to take that

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrubbish, more in depth analysis to follow

ive been getting frustrated, especially after tonight, WHY DO WE INSIST OF GOING ACROSS THE BACK LINE FOR HALF A FRIGGIN HOUR then lose at as soon as we try to put the ball in their half!?!??! I know people are starting dislike houllier, i am in the crowd, but it is down to the players to perform on the pitch and im so shocked houllier just said "we did not p-lay particually well"!!! SOMEBODY TAPE THIS it is a small piece of critism from Houllier thank god, why cant he tell it like it is "WE PLAYED SH*TE"

I mean look at this from Soccerage:

03/11/2004. Gerard Houllier is confident Djibril Cisse won't disappoint at Anfield, assuming he concludes his move from Auxerre in the summer.

The French international has long been expected to move to Liverpool for around £14m at the end of the season.

"If he comes, Liverpool fans will not be disappointed. He is a striker who I believe could bring something good to Liverpool," he told the club magazine.

"He is a player we have been following for three years, which tells you how highly we think of him.

"He has got pace and power and he scores goals. If he comes, the fans will expect a lot of him but I don't think he would disappoint."

He ain't gonna leave after chasing a player for three years is he?

So honestly, for the sake of the future of the club: C'Mon Marseille!!!!!

"He has got pace and power and he scores goals. If he comes, the fans will expect a lot of him but I don't think he would disappoint

were have i heard this before EMILE?

rockykabir said:

With Cisse coming, I'm getting this awful feeling that this will persuade Houllier and the LFC board to stay on for one more year at least........I honestly won't be able to take that

look man,i want houllier out as much or of not more than you.but still,i wouldnt want us to lose.thats just plain wrong..

The only way Houllier will leave/or get sacked is if the following things happen:
1: we don't win the UEFA Cup
( Forget Barca,Inter, we will get knocked out in Marseille)

2: we don't finish 4th in the league
( I think Newcastle will get it, we'll finish between 5th-7th)

3: Owen will leave this summer to Spain/Italy.
(This may happen if we fail to get into the Champions league. )

I would'nt be surprised if Owen does well in Euro 2004 and puts himself back firmly into the shopping window, if he ever needed to do so.

Misfit said:
rockykabir said:

look man,i want houllier out as much or of not more than you.but still,i wouldnt want us to lose.thats just plain wrong..

trust me I know the feeling. But looking at the team now, other than Gerrard, no one wants to play for the manager.

If we do reach what Houllier aims for this year (UEFA cup and/or 4th position), I highly doubt the board will let him go.

And I'm telling you, he's gonna destroy Cisse's career. He's already managed it wit Owen and Kewell :x

You wont sack Houllier, Liverpool as much as i hate them are a honourable club and always have stood by the men in the backroom,you'd be better off hoping that he'll walk away from all the hassle he's getting at the moment.

northstandhero said:
You wont sack Houllier, Liverpool as much as i hate them are a honourable club and always have stood by the men in the backroom,you'd be better off hoping that he'll walk away from all the hassle he's getting at the moment.

exactly what i think as well,he will never be sacked but rather walk away from it which will suit us just as well..

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has hit back at some of his critics by calling them a bunch of tossers

A handful of former Reds have criticised him in recent weeks and one or two have over-stepped the mark and got a little personal. The likes of Ian St. John, Paul Walsh, Neil Ruddock and Mark Lawrenson have all stuck the knife in and the Liverpool manager says some of his critics are 'connards', which in French means 'tossers' - although the word can even be associated with more explicit alternatives.

Houllier said: "There are 25 or 28 of them who earn a living by speaking to the media. Most of them support me but there are two or three connards who are often quoted.

"In the six years I've been here I've won some important trophies - against the likes of Arsenal and Manchester. We have rebuilt the club, and the team is now young and full of quality. In 1998 when I arrived that certainly was not the case."

Liverpool striker Michael Owen looks to have **** out if he was hoping for a move to Real Madrid in the summer because the Spanish giants have reportedly cooled their interest in the player.

Barcelona recently emerged as front runners to make a bid for him after Real gave indications that they had become increasingly concerned with the player's injury problems and lack of form. However, ever Barca are now said to be considering alternative targets which is great news for the Reds.

A Real Madrid source is quoted as saying: "Owen has done well for England but Real have looked at his fitness record and don't think he will be able to maintain his condition over a whole season.

"Injuries have had their effect on him. To get fit he's had to do reinforcement work on certain muscles in his leg and thigh and Real feel he's lost the explosive pace he had."

Barca are now said to favour David Trezeguet or Christian Vieri over Owen.

BANGKOK, March 13 (Reuters) - Billionaire Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is in talks with Liverpool over taking a major stake in the club, it has been confirmed.

Thaksin, who made his money in telecommunications, last month revealed his interest in Liverpool after his bid for fellow premier league club Fulham failed last year.

'We are still in talks and the prime minister is serious about this,' Thawatchai Satchakul, manager of the Thai national soccer team who advised Thaksin during his pursuit of Fulham, told Reuters.

'But there is no decision yet. Everything will depend on negotiations.'

'His intention is similar to that five or six months ago when Fulham was the picture but his focus is on Liverpool now,' Thawatchai said.

Liverpool Chairman David Moores has a 51 percent share in the club, estimated to be worth around £40million. His family built up the successful Littlewoods football pools and store chain and have had a controlling interest in the English club for 50 years.

Thawatchai said if there was an agreement with Liverpool, Thaksin may not carry it out alone.

'I'm sure we would ask others to join and it's reasonable for Charoen to take part as he already supports sport activities here,' he said in reference to Thai tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.

Thaksin, estimated to be worth $1billion by Forbes magazine in 2002, watched the value of his family's holdings soar along with a surging Thai stock market last year.

The family controls Thailand's largest telecommunications group, Shin Corp, with interests in wireless ranging from satellite to the internet and media.

It also indirectly controls ITV, the country's third most popular television channel.

Charoen is a major shareholder in top Thai beer maker Thai Beverages, which produces top selling Chang Beer and several brands of whisky such as Mekong and Saeng Som and makes a profit of more than $250million a year.

Back
Top Bottom