Liverpool Thread

HOULLIER'S FIVE-YEAR PLAN REVEALED

RedScarfDiaires.jpg

1) Buy nice red scarf.

2) Buy Zinedine Zidane.

3) If 2) fails, then buy someone who looks like Zinedine Zidane.

4) Try and understand one complete sentence from Jamie Carragher.

5) Collect as many silvery, shiny things as possible (why do some people care what it says on them?)

6) Ban radio phone-ins (except Sarah Kennedy on Radio Two. She's yummy).

7) Turn the corner.

8- Spend £120m. Ring Peter Ridsdale for advice on how to spend it wisely.

9) Write Red Scarf Diaries. See if Channel Five are interested in televising erotic tales of a Frenchman abroad.

10) Get this man they call Thommo to put some cones out.

11) Find decent French restaurant in Liverpool.

12) If 11) fails, then find restaurant where they don't batter the fish.

13) Read Robert Mugabe's speeches again. Now there's a man who knew what the people wanted and didn't pander to a minority.

14) Take Arsene Wenger up on that bet about Michael Owen - ten francs says I can ruin his career.

15) Read Football365 every day.

14 really made me laugh.

i seriously beleive that if diouf was played in his preffered position and given a run he would be great for liverpool
i dont watch him week in week out like you fans but from what ive seen he can be class

CWright said:
LIVERPOOL fans have hit out at yobs who daubed sick anti-Gerard Houllier graffiti on the walls of the club’s training ground.

One taunt read: ‘Hope you die of Aids Houllier’.

Fans’ chief Les Lawson blasted: “It looks like the work of a mindless minority and whoever did it deserves to be locked up.

“Whatever is happening on the pitch is no excuse for behaviour like this.”

Lawson, secretary of the Liverpool FC International Supporters Club, added: “We might not be winning but Gerard Houllier is still a nice man and does not deserve abuse like this.

“Despite the current bad run he has still brought six trophies to Anfield and he will be remembered for that. Our supporters have never chanted for a change of manager like at some other clubs.”

The heat has increased on Kop boss Houllier after Sunday’s FA Cup defeat at Portsmouth — but the graffiti attack at the Melwood training ground outraged Lawson.

He said: “Some people now want to see a change at the top but this is not the way to go about it.

“This is a disgusting display of vandalism and we would like to think Liverpool supporters are above this.”

Its good to see that the fans arent going over the top :roll:

That is really disgusting stuff.....shame on those cowards.
If they want to protest, do it in a civilized way.

BAD NEWS
Liverpool striker Florent Sinama Pongolle will as expected play no part in Thursday's UEFA Cup tie against Levski Sofia due to the ankle injury he sustained last night. The youngster has not sustained a break but his scan today shows that he has a bruised fibula in his right ankle.

GOOD NEWS
Team-mate Emile Heskey is again suffering with a back injury. He aggrivated it against Portsmouth and will now undergo a fitness test prior to the Thursday's match to see if he can be involved.

Houllier does it again...

"Now we must continue to stay together. We are strong and we will get stronger as the season goes on. We have 13 cup finals to play in the league and a UEFA Cup to go for. We will reach our targets."

I dont want to see any predictions from you for tonights game in this thread Misfit as it seems that every time you make one it goes the opposite way.

Our next 2 games are crucial, with tonights UEFA Cup game and Sundays game against Leeds. I feel worried :(

CWright said:
I dont want to see any predictions from you for tonights game in this thread Misfit as it seems that every time you make one it goes the opposite way.

Our next 2 games are crucial, with tonights UEFA Cup game and Sundays game against Leeds. I feel worried :(

LMAO Misfit`s dodgy predictions. Go on Misfit, Liverpool win 3-0? Channel 5 tonight boys, exciting (sarcastic tone used) . . . . .

I was talking to a L`pool supporter in the pub last night, and he told me that he accepts the Reds are no longer a force in Europe or England. He hated the fact that the team is 70% foreign - and he was on about Houllier`s shite signings. I actually felt sorry for the lad, this guy had supported the Reds since he was 6, and he was going on 50, so he had seen a fair few different players/managers come and go in his time.

CWright said:

yeah man,i get it...

PS:we'll win it,2-1 to us..

The truth is this at the end of the day Houllier isn't going to be judge properly by the Directors til the end of the sason no matter if we go out of the wefa cup over the next two legs.

And oh boy what a worry, Owen still has the vote of confidence to carry on taking penalties...

decent win for us.nice to see murphy and especially baros back.lets just hope he sticks with this line up till the seasons end.without a doubt our strongest line up,players in the right positions IMO.up next,leeds on sunday.they will be confident of gettin somethin out of the game after that game against the filthy manc monkeys.not confident of us pickin all three points but dont see us losin as well,1-1...

The first half was a nightmare and I really thought we were gonna struggle to break thru their 9 man defense. It was good to see us playing with more passion and conviction in the 2nd half and finally breaking down their defense, they got tired as the game wore on and gave us more chances to get thru on goal.

Baros was my MOTM last night he got everywhere and didnt look like he has been out for months. The only thinkg he was missing was his sharpness infront of goal but IMO he did everything bar scoring.

Next up is a tough game at Leeds but as long as Houllier changes NOTHING then all will be fine

From what I saw, Levski passed the ball around well but didnt really threaten.

Stevie G's form is picking up real pace for Euro2004, and what a goal!!

Baros was outstanding last nite, he dersrves to be first choice now IMHO.

Great goal by Kewell aswell.

Superb strikes from both Gerrard and Kewell (he actually done something good!) and a safe scoreline. Not the best club in the world (Levski) but I`ve seen worse. Houllier is happy, for now, but what happens next is another story . . . anyway, I`m off to worry about United. Actually, fu*k that, I`m off for a wank . . . . .

Yeah Baros was a breath of fresh air last night compared to Owen who still looks all soughts...Hamann had a great game last night aswell.

I hope Heskey doesn't come back too early and Baros can find his scoring touch again.

draw as predicted.isnt it just great to have baros back?what a goal by him!thought we played pretty ok in bits and parts but it was a great game for the neutrals i guess...

I managed to get home for the high scoring second half. Bastards must have known I was watching....and I had 3-2 to us in Predicts as well!!

CWright said:
I managed to get home for the high scoring second half. Bastards must have known I was watching....and I had 3-2 to us in Predicts as well!!

could have easily been 3-3 or even 4-4.baros and smith smacked the bars with headers...

sorry,but i get excited everytime i see a rumour like this...

Middlesbrough have agreed a fee with Liverpool for striker Emile Heskey.

The England international was due to join Boro in January, but time ran out for both clubs as they haggled over a transfer fee.

The People says Boro will pay Liverpool £4.5 million for Heskey at the end of the season.

and this...
Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish is being lined up with a shock return to Anfield.

Dalglish, who has been out of the game since an ill-fated spell at Celtic as football director, is ready to step in at Liverpool in the event that Gerard Houllier resigns as manager.

It's reported that Liverpool's board would have Dalglish take the reigns for the rest of the season before making a permanent appointment in the summer.

I can see the Heskey transfer happeneing but I cant see Kenny coming back to Anfield no matter what.

Anyway, back to UEFA Cup action this week and as long as we have Baros and Owen up front I cant see us having too many problems (Waits to see if this quote comes back to haunt me)

Misfit said:
and this...
Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish is being lined up with a shock return to Anfield.

Dalglish, who has been out of the game since an ill-fated spell at Celtic as football director, is ready to step in at Liverpool in the event that Gerard Houllier resigns as manager.

It's reported that Liverpool's board would have Dalglish take the reigns for the rest of the season before making a permanent appointment in the summer.

lol at misfit getting excited about this...

not sure if you know the histroy but Kenny will NEVER go back to that club....

Sabac Red said:
The side is to be unchaged, Hmmm...couldn't Houllier have given some youngsters a chance...

He doesnt want to risk us losing the away tie and ending up with nothing this season. Seems like common sense to me

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:
and this...

lol at misfit getting excited about this...

not sure if you know the histroy but Kenny will NEVER go back to that club....

king kenny has stated his desire to come back and manage us again...

PS:i know my history bud,avatar says it all really..

Local businessman Steve Morgan is ready to offer Liverpool a fresh cash injection.

The Anfield shareholder, worth over £300 million, is reported to be ready to follow up his criticism of the club at the AGM with a firm offer of financial help.

Morgan's offer is believed to be for both the club's move to the new Stanley Park stadium and also team strengthening.

However, the Daily Post says Morgan's offer may not be the only alternative available as Liverpool continue to explore a wide range of options to strengthen their financial base, removing some of the worries over the impact of the stadium move and the club's ability to compete at the top end of the transfer market.

Merseyside Police are investigating a death threat received by Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier.

The club, who are currently in Bulgaria preparing for their UEFA Cup clash with Levski Sofia, have confirmed that the letter was received three weeks ago and has been referred to the police.

Houllier opened the letter himself and a Liverpool spokesman said: 'It was considered to be worrying enough for us to involve the police. They are still investigating.'

The Frenchman has been under intense pressure in the past weeks because of Liverpool's poor season and last week vile insults were daubed on the wall of the club's Melwood training ground following the FA Cup defeat at Portsmouth.

But the letter was received before that emotive match and has been kept a closely-guarded secret while police investigations continued.

The spokesman said: 'A letter was received about three weeks ago and opened by the manager.

'It was very unpleasant and because of that we have involved the police in the situation. We do not want to over-dramatise the incident, but such letters cannot be ignored.'

Houllier has been under pressure for weeks - with abuse even from the devoted Kop - but during last week's first leg against Sofia the mood appeared to change with the Anfield crowd chanting the manager's name and singing their support for the under-fire boss.

Back
Top Bottom