Liverpool Thread

SulphuricX said:
Liverpool will never be what they used to be. They may have won more than Manchester United in the past, however things have changed. They have got a shitty manager, who wastes a lot of cash. Imagine someone like Arsene Wenger who is at the top of the league with spending very small amounts of money, with some money, imagine Wenger as the manager of Chelsea, if he can buy good players without money, imagine who he could buy with money.

all this comin from a chelsea fan?where would ya be without ya dirty russian?

Auxerre star Djibril Cisse says his potential move to Liverpool will act as a "springboard" to a bigger club!

Cisse is also hopeful that Michael Owen decides to stay at Anfield, while suggesting he has his own heart set on joining Real Madrid in the future.

He said: "Liverpool is a good club for a start, a first springboard for me.

"Michael is the best English striker and to play with him will be very flattering.

"We are complementary. He likes to play to feet and I like the spaces. The English style of play suits me as it is so quick."

The Frenchman added, "Real approached me two years ago and repeated their offer last year.

"As there was no way of discussing it, they went to look elsewhere.

"But when you think of the people who are playing for Real, I would have taken a big risk by going there".

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was misquoted.but if he means it,BASTARD!

Cisse is also hopeful that Michael Owen decides to stay at Anfield, while suggesting he has his own heart set on joining Real Madrid in the future.

He said: "Liverpool is a good club for a start, a first springboard for me.

LMAO! Remember the days when players would say "L`pool is the ONLY club for me." Now its a "stepping stone" club until something better comes along . . . .

siralexisatwat said:
Bloody Hell, I LOVE history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol you have to love history if you want to qualify as a genuine or plastic scouser, thats all you've got!!!

Pretty poor game yesterday, I wanted you's to win cos I fancy a United V lfc final!!!

as much as i fancy a manure vs liverpool final,seems impossible now cos we have to go thru arsenal after beating portsmouth....if we can go past portsmouth....

Misfit said:
as much as i fancy a manure vs liverpool final,seems impossible now cos we have to go thru arsenal after beating portsmouth....if we can go past portsmouth....

Yes IF....

and even if you'd do play arsenal unless they let you have two keepers again you's have got no chance...

I was listening to the BBC radio 5 live commentary over here in the US, it was amazing the number of times Alan Green and Jim Beglin were commenting on Heskey "he's been played all over midfield", "poor touch by Heskey"...
Portsmouth away is going to be difficult, but who knows?
Maybe Gerrard can still carry this team all alone.
Even if we actually win, we've got Arsenal in the next round...LOL!

mathewsss said:
I was listening to the BBC radio 5 live commentary over here in the US, it was amazing the number of times Alan Green and Jim Beglin were commenting on Heskey "he's been played all over midfield", "poor touch by Heskey"...
Portsmouth away is going to be difficult, but who knows?
Maybe Gerrard can still carry this team all alone.
Even if we actually win, we've got Arsenal in the next round...LOL!

what was fuckin hilarious bout yesterday's game was the fact that heskey covered every single blade of grass...in our own fuckin half though!!he was playin in a defensive midfield role ffs!!!had one clear chance bein one on one with the keeper and blew it(as per usual)!!!!

Owen needs a strike partner. Moving everyone round behind him will not work! Get our full backs moving foward, our wingers actually playing on the wings and a couple of proper strikers and I would feel a lot better about things than I do right now

Owen needs a new striking partner whos NOT French and will be able to score.... the other strikers dont do shit. Not much success with all these french players and houllier.

Newspaper reports will tomorrow claim that Michael Owen is only looking for a one year extension to his existing deal rather than commit himself to a long term deal of around 5-years which is what the club would like to tie him down to.

The player's agent Tony Stephens officially returns to work on March 1st and as I mentioned yesterday, I understand that a date has been agreed between SFX and chief executive Rick Parry to get together and start the tedious exercise.

If Owen digs his heels in and only signs a one year extension, he would be contracted until the summer of 2006. My understanding of the matter has always been that he will sign a new contract - a 2-year extension - with 'get out' clauses that Tony Blair and George Bush would be proud of.

Although you can understand Owen's desires, the situation is a real frustration not only for us mere fans but also for the boss, who already has a difficult enough job on his plate as it is.

pompey in the replay tmrw and this is the last thing we need(although i can understand it)...

Liverpool could be without Steven Gerrard on Sunday for the FA Cup replay against Portsmouth.

Gerrard's partner still hasn't dropped their first child and if she goes into labour on Sunday the Liverpool skipper will be allowed to miss the match.

"Steven will be travelling with us and the plan is to play him," said Houllier. "His partner has still not given birth. Unless something happens on Sunday morning, then Steven will play."

Misfit said:
pompey in the replay tmrw and this is the last thing we need(although i can understand it)...

Liverpool could be without Steven Gerrard on Sunday for the FA Cup replay against Portsmouth.

Gerrard's partner still hasn't dropped their first child and if she goes into labour on Sunday the Liverpool skipper will be allowed to miss the match.

"Steven will be travelling with us and the plan is to play him," said Houllier. "His partner has still not given birth. Unless something happens on Sunday morning, then Steven will play."

Hold that sprog in for one more day bitch, don't fuck up our chances!!!

Stasman said:
Misfit said:

Hold that sprog in for one more day bitch, don't fuck up our chances!!!

that is just plainly sick bud...

Roma boss Fabio Capello has expressed an interest in taking over the vacant manager's position at Tottenham.

The former AC Milan and Real Madrid chief has established himself as one of Europe's greatest ever coaches and claims he would now like to sample life in England.

The 57-year-old told Sky Sport Italia: 'I like a lot Arsene Wenger's Arsenal, and the Chelsea of my friend Claudio Ranieri.

'But Tottenham are historically an important team in English football and they intrigue me a lot - if they have the ambition and the strength to make a big team.

'The challenge that attracts me abroad is for cultural differences. I like English football for its athleticism, for the players' capability to play the ball.

'For the future I wish to be going to a championship I don't know a lot about. I want a different way of life, and this is in England,' quotes ITV.

if spurs can interest someone like capello,we sure can as well.lets hope we get rid rid of the clueless frenchman and bring him on board instead...

HOULLIER PREPARES AN EXCUSE?

Gerard Houllier has admitted success in the FA and UEFA Cups will be devalued if Liverpool fail in their primary objective of obtaining Champions League qualification this season.

As the Reds prepare for this afternoon's fifth round FA Cup replay against Portsmouth at Fratton Park and with the first leg of a fourth round UEFA Cup tie versus Levski Sofia looming on Thursday Houllier has reiterated his belief that finishing fourth in the Premiership is the club's most important goal.

"I would like to win the FA Cup and I would like to win the UEFA Cup. But either of those trophies must come with a Champions League place, says the Anfield chief.

"Our target this season must be to finish in the top four and we will give everything to achieve it. The FA Cup is special, particularly because of what it means to our English players, while we would also like to go as far as possible in Europe.

"But a Champions League place is our priority. It has to be because it will take the club back to where we want to be.

"If we finish in fourth place it would count as a really special achievement for this club because of the injuries to players like Michael Owen, Milan Baros, Steven Gerrard, Dietmar Hamann, Jamie Carragher, Stephane Henchoz and even Chris Kirkland.

"Take away Thierry Henry from Arsenal or Ruud van Nistelrooy from United and it would be interesting to see how those clubs coped.

"If we come through this adversity by qualifying for the Champions League it would mean so much more to me and to the players."

I dont know if i can take, what liverpool is doin to my heart.

And im starting to lose he fight with the voice inside me thats says, ARSENAL, ARSENAL, ARSENAL

Disqo said:
I dont know if i can take, what liverpool is doin to my heart.

And im starting to lose he fight with the voice inside me thats says, ARSENAL, ARSENAL, ARSENAL

said it before and i'll say it again,this team will kill me some day...soon.but i'll stick with em' and so should ya....

PS:FUCKIN SACK HOULLIER!!!!NOW!!!!

youre rite,it wasnt a pen and he was tryin very hard for us to go thru and yet we still couldnt fuckin manage it!why the fuck would we start with five in midfield??!!!??even if we did,why play heskey there??!!!

houllier isnt exactly helping his cause with playing formations like that, if hes gonna play wide men and put the emphasis on crosses why just have owen up front? he isnt exactly a target man

sad day for the club....
face it, we're just another mid-table team.
Our tactics, personnel do not warrant automatic success.
I don't want to blame anyone....the board can see what is happening.
ultimately it's their decision who to ship out and bring in.
Still hoping Liverpool will come out of this mess..

a shocking display from the Liverpool massive. no invention, looking shaky at the back when attacked with pace, i must also say it was awful passing from La Tallec in particular, but also guilty were Cheyrou, Gerrard, Finnan . . . .

surely this season is Houlliers final one?

Uggggh, I woke up early to watch this stupid game... what rubbish.

Personally, If this was Champ Man. I'd be telling GH to sell Owen "at the right price"... I'm almost at the "willing to listen to any offers" stage really.

Baros was great, won a lot of free kicks around the area, a penalty, and almost another. Neither penalty was deserved, but he certainly did well to "earn" them. It was also refreshing to see Baros able to hold up the ball to allow the attack to develop, something Owen was useless at today (and pretty much everyday).

Back to Owen... he was terrible. Probably the worst on the pitch for Liverpool, he had zero impact on the game. The only chance he had the entire game was off a misplayed ball from the Portsmouth defender and although he hit a good shot, there was nothing inspiring about it and he never really looked like he would score. He disappeared for huge chunks of the game, and when he did get the ball he would lose it.

Not to say that tactics didn't have a part in Owen's dismal performance... GH (who I've supported until this game) needs to go. I think another manager could have put the same starting 11 players on the field today and gotten a much better result. And I'd probably forgive him for his tactics again, if it wasn't for the shots of him on TV showing him about as frumpy as he could be. He looked absoutely out of it, as if he had given up before the game had started. Other managers would have been screaming at the players and have inspired better football.

As a fan, you see it all the time, a goal is scored and the play of the game picks up tremendously... OR when a team is playing poorly, the manager can deliver some harsh words to a few players, and then those players inspire the team to play better... I've seen it done at all levels of sports from kids to adults. Yet GH can't inspire anyone other than Gerrard... someone who doesn't need much inspiration to begin with.

GH has to go at this point because he has lost his team. They all think he's going to leave, they won't play hard for him or themselves, they've completely lost their passion. And so have the fans.

GH can't recover, someone must come in NOW. I'd remove GH and put in Thompson for the rest of the season, and I'd start to aggresively seek out a new manager. Spread rumors about Erikkson, O'Neil, Keegan, etc... and start making something happen.

Because right now, Liverpool are just sitting around waiting to lose every match.

Back
Top Bottom