Liverpool Thread

Bout fucking time we turned it on!!!...............The upcoming arsenal game still worries me though!

*Breaks out in cold sweat*

4 goals today, I am amazed.......no, not amazed......actually yeh amazed.

Its good to finally find the desire now we can only finish 4th.

On a completely unrelated note I read in this mornings newspapers that we have Houlliers leaving drawn up for the summer no matter what happens in these last few games

I'm glad Djibril Cisse says he wants to join Liverpool because of the club and not just the manager.
So if Houllier leaves, Cisse will still join.
Finishing 4th is still a long way to go. We still have to go to Highbury and Old Trafford. And have to face Charlton & Newcastle at home.

Did you see this at the game.

Liverpool would never beat Blackburn 9 - 0

Who's he managing these days ?
But if you think of it, managing a team like France has to be not as difficult as managing for example the Korean team in the world cup.
Guus Hiddink is someone I rate highly.
When he managed the Dutch team at France 98, they were unlucky
not to make the Final.
I think we can forget about people like Capello, Hitzfeld, any mega-managers.
We need someone who can make a team play good attacking
football (pass-and-move) with emphasis on skillful play.

Liverpool are not just 25 points behind Arsenal, we are years behind the cream of both England & Europe in terms of our style and personnel.

Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz has revealed that he fears for his Anfield future after finding himself relegated to the bench recently.

Croatian misfit Igor Biscan has found himself preferred in defence instead of the Swiss international despite the fact that Stephane - in our opinion - is the club's best defender. We know that opinion is shared by several key members of the coaching staff but Gerard Houllier it would seem, doesn't share that view and it's only his view that counts.

Talking about his frustration, the player said: "Inevitably, I am asking myself questions. Even if it's for the good of the team, I still don't understand why I have been left out. I'm not used to sitting on the bench. The Liverpool fans don't understand it.

"I have not spoken to the manager about it. Gerard Houllier has not spoken to me and I'm not the kind of person to go looking to speak to him. There are many question marks about the future. Everyone is asking about what will happen, not just me.

"The manager's future is uncertain and the club will lose a lot of money if we don't qualify for the Champions' League for the second consecutive season. We have eight matches left and it's imperative we finish fourth."

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has hit back at Stephane Henchoz for saying that he is unhappy that Igor Biscan is preferred in defence instead of him.

The Swiss international ace has found himself relegated to bench duty and has admitted that he has no idea what the future holds for him now. Although he didn't say Igor was about as useful as a toaster without a plug - which he clearly is - Houllier thinks he has shown disrespect to his team-mate.

Speaking today, the boss said: "I wasn't pleased with what he has said and it is out of order. He has shown a lack of respect to his team-mates and the player who is playing in his position.

"When he was injured last season he wasn't complaining and you cannot say you should be playing because it is a lack of respect for the player that is playing.

"It is a good thing he wants to play but he knows why he is not playing. We have kept three clean sheets in our last three Premiership games so he will have to bid his time.

"I think at some stage he will come back into the team but he has just got to keep working on the training pitch."

Arch rivals Manchester United are planning a £10million swoop for Liverpool's number one summer target Rafael van der Vaart, if today's newspaper reports are to be believed.

Having already recruited Djibril Cisse, Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has made the Ajax ace his next target providing of course he keeps his job and receives the backing of the Anfield board to make a formal approach.

The 21-year-old Dutch international can operate as a winger or in the hole behind the strikers. He's extremely talented and naturally has a lot of admirers including Barcelona and Juventus.

It's one to watch but it's worth noting that the player has often spoken of his desire to play in Spain. The player will be available in the summer.

Liverpool will sack Gerard Houllier in the summer regardless of where the club finish in the Premiership, claim reports today.

Even if the Reds finish 4th it is claimed that the manager will be shown the door by the Anfield board after they apparently instructed lawyers to draft up the necessary legal documents to finalise a golden handshake in the summer.

One report states that the paperwork was drafted days after Liverpool's FA Cup exit when we lost to the injury ridden Portsmouth.

Insider sources insist that no decision has been taken regards the manager's future because of complications relating to several proposed summer transfers.

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he is extremely confident that Michael Owen will agree a new deal with the Reds but says he will respect his decision should he decide to leave.

Having already been stung once by Steve McManaman the club promised that no 'big name' players would be allowed to let the contracts run down into their last two years. That hasn't been the case with Owen though who could sign a pre-contract with another club in just 9 months time and then leave on a free.

"I'm convinced Michael will stay. I expect an announcement before the end of the season," said Houllier. "That would be a massive boost for the fans after a disappointing campaign.

"I think it will be alright. This is only my view, but whatever he does I will respect his decision. I hope and believe he will stay."

Liverpool know time is running out and let's be honest we've left it too late now to set deadlines. If Owen doesn't sign by the end of the season we can hardly say 'Right, we'll transfer list you and cash in now' because no fool will put money on the table knowing that they could enter into talks with him within months about a free transfer. It's this kind of management from above Houllier that causes additional pressure and distractions.

Even if he signs again - which many feel he will - his agents SFX are in a very strong position because they will be able to demand as many clauses as they want to enable him to escape in the future. Liverpool are not in a position to negotiate now, they'll just have to listen, nod and hand over the collateral.

Good result yesterday, on the VDV note I don't know if we truly need him because we've got Kewell who is just like VDV.

What weed need is a proper right-sided player like Malbranque, Overmars or Van de Meyde...

God I hope y'all land some talent this summer, cuz I would give my left nut for a new contender in the EPL. Having only watched the EPL for a couple of years, L'pool is the team I root for the most.

As far as VDV, I heard on tv over here that Barcelona is his childhood club and the one his mother's family always supported. His dream is to play there.

Of course, with Overmars set to be released by barca, perhaps that opens the door for the Dutchman to make his way to Anfield.

Disgraceful absolutely disgraceful, mediocre.

You'd think taking the lead twice we'd come out and play actual football, I don't know what drugs are pumping through Houllier cause to think that we could of sat back against Arsenal was just stupid.

Gerrard once again playing his heart out, seemed he was only aloud to play the long ball, seemed everytime we got a throw in Riise would throw one long.

Today was a good example for the board to see why under Houllier we're never going to go up a level and match the top three.

Gerard Houllier reflected on his side's 4-2 defeat at Highbury and admitted: "Arsenal were simply stunning."

The Reds' boss was left in awe of the Gunners as a Thierry Henry treble and Robert Pires strike got Arsenal's season back on track at the end of a difficult week.

Sami Hyypia gave Liverpool a dream early start and Michael Owen added a second before the break to give thee Reds a 2-1 lead, but an awesome second half display from the home side sent Houllier's men packing with no rewards for their efforts.

Houllier said: "Arsenal were simply stunning in the second half and I don't think any side anywhere could have played against them in that mood.

"I feared a backlash today because of the week they have had and they delivered it. I thought they'd be like a wounded animal and we bore the brunt of it.

"They were outstanding, magnificent. Sometimes in football you just have to accept you have lost to a better side. I have never seen a performance against us as good as the one Arsenal produced in the second half.

"I just hope they can play in the same way against Newcastle on Sunday!"

Houllier also paid tribute to the game's top player Thierry Henry after the Frenchman passed a late fitness test to net a hat-trick.

"Henry was the difference," said Houllier. "Sometimes in games at the top level it's individual brilliance which makes the different and he was magnificent today.

"I actually thought we played quite well in the first half. We scored two good goals and had other chances. But after the break Arsenal were special and totally out-played us.

"I have told the players this is a one-off really. We don't play a team like Arsenal every week.

"There is no shame in losing here today. You just have to give the opposition credit, say well done and look ahead to our next game."

Thats okay then, as long as they deserved to win it :roll:

Vieira loves Gerrard.

"The Reds number 17 is a big admirer of Vieira himself and the feeling is very much mutual.

Vieira believes Gerrard can get even better and he says he likes his style of play.

Vieira said: "I think Steven Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in England, and in Europe.

"He's a player I enjoy watching and enjoy playing against. I think we're quite similar in some aspects of our game.

"He's still young and has a big future in front of him, and I take it as a compliment if he says he looks up to somebody like me."

A Fucking disgrace!! send houllier packing and he can take 99% of those useless twats who play for him with him back france foe all i care.

Steven gerrard is the only player who actually gives a fuck.

Gutless shibags, We don't deserve 4th place.

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
A Fucking disgrace!! send houllier packing and he can take 99% of those useless twats who play for him with him back france foe all i care.

Steven gerrard is the only player who actually gives a fuck.

Gutless shibags, We don't deserve 4th place.

If mags loose at St. Mary's, you will be still on course for the 4th place...

You're still on course because of Newcastle's disappointing start of the season (0-1 at home against birmingham), and I guess you will be in the champions league next year, cos with Djibril Cisse you'll become a great side...

Wow, the race for 4th hasn't been any tighter than this. Personally, I can't see you guys going to the Champions League. I'd love to see either Aston Villa, Birmingham or Charlton in Europe. 8)

Ashed said:
Wow, the race for 4th hasn't been any tighter than this. Personally, I can't see you guys going to the Champions League. I'd love to see either Aston Villa, Birmingham or Charlton in Europe. 8)

I'd love to see Villa back in Europe, too...

I think there should be 5 teams from England in Champs League.
It would improve the quality of the competition.

Don't think your fellow Europeans would agree with that. How many English teams have won the Champions League? Spain or Italy deserves it more, I think.

Back
Top Bottom