Liverpool Thread

CWright said:
GERARD Houllier last night dismissed speculation over his future by insisting he will be at Anfield next season to lead Liverpool to the title.
Liverpool chairman David Moores and chief executive Parry are still tempted to stick with the Frenchman.

They have earmarked over £100m to be spent on a new stadium, and are worried that if they make changes it could cause more problems rather than prove Liverpool's salvation.

How doped up was he when he made this statement :shock:

If the board are unwilling to sack GH because it can cause more "problems",
then they should be the first to go.
What's their threshold, till we become a mid-table team??
(we already have become one. This season is proving it. With due respect,
We're fighting the likes of Charlton, Birmingham, Villa, Fulham.)
On one hand they say that 4th spot is the minimum, then they say that GH
will stay even if we finish below 4th.

i think what jamie carragher said in his mini-interview on the prem was good of him to say that the fans DO pay a lot of money to see the players play and we havent been playing good at all the past few games, why cant houllier say things like this, instead of turning corners and showing character?

newcastle drew today, a good chance to go ahead of us.
but the way Liverpool are playing, the game against Newcastle will be purely academic...we'll be guaranteed of 7th spot by then.

so our next "cup final"...LOL... takes us to Old Trafford...if there is a worse time to play the mancs, then let me know....because this is when the mancs are at their most deadly..just having lost a game...they'll be up for this one hoping to get 2nd spot and push us out of the CL reckoning.

The most depressing thing about the Manc game is that we're probably going to play the way we played against Arsenal and get destroyed...

FFS start with BAROS upfront!!!

Sabac Red said:
The most depressing thing about the Manc game is that we're probably going to play the way we played against Arsenal and get destroyed...

FFS start with BAROS upfront!!!

Well we've had a blow losing Scholsey for that game, he ripped you's apart last year.

I reckon it'll be a draw myself...

Another 30 million to Houllier to spend...supposedly the 14 mill for Cisse is not included in this.
So who can we get ?

Is yet another season of disappointment awaiting us ??
With Houllier's track record, there is a good chance.

With 30m, you can get loads of good players (Bex left for 17m, Reyes for 15 etc). But i think with the team Liverpool have now, you can win quite alot if you had a better coach.

Milanista said:
With 30m, you can get loads of good players (Bex left for 17m, Reyes for 15 etc). But i think with the team Liverpool have now, you can win quite alot if you had a better coach.

neither Becks nor Reyes are daft enough to come here.
why would they ??
I agree, the problem lies with Houllier...no in fact it's the board who are still intent on keeping him here.

Milanista said:

Its like giving Elton John a few million and asking him not to spend it on anything ridiculous. 106 Million down and 30 million to come, how much more money are they willing to throw his way or are they just trying to give him enough rope to hang himself

mathewsss said:
So who can we get ?

Overmars
Van De Meyde
Malbranque
Kezman
Wright-Phillips(under £7m)
Micoud
Rosicky
Mexes
Van Persie
Butt

Yeah I would love to see at least 4 out of the 10 in a liverpool shirt next season and we wouldn't be breaking the bank on the transfer fee....

But we all know Houllier likes to waste millions on below average one season wonders...

Overmars (bad signing)
Van De Meyde (doubt he would come)
Malbranque (good signing)
Kezman (possible)
Wright-Phillips(under £7m) (dont think he is what pool need)
Micoud (possible)
Rosicky (think he will go somewhere bigger)
Mexes (see above)
Van Persie (see above)
Butt (gerrard type player = no point)

super mick mcarthy said:

wright phillips is exactly what we need, he is super fast, skillful, always deleivers a good final ball and loves to track back an tackle. if we had him on right wing, i think we can build from there, with kewell hamann gerrard an w-phillips, that is one hell of a midfield!

kevano22 said:
super mick mcarthy said:

wright phillips is exactly what we need, he is super fast, skillful, always deleivers a good final ball and loves to track back an tackle. if we had him on right wing, i think we can build from there, with kewell hamann gerrard an w-phillips, that is one hell of a midfield!

I agree with you on that!

But I'm concerned that he's only a kid and maybe gerd is not the right mentor for him to become truly world class........

kevano22 said:
super mick mcarthy said:

i think hamann should be replaced by someone with a bit more attacking nous. He does lack pace and is more of a lateral passer.
Gerrard can attack and defend (more of a Vieira/Keane)
We need someone with a bit more skill and vision, but who's not crap in tracking back.

kevano22 said:
super mick mcarthy said:

But you have Kewell who can do all those things.

Milanista said:
kevano22 said:
super mick mcarthy said:

But you have Kewell who can do all those things.
kewell on the left and w-phillips on the right...

what do u think of the new kit guys?

shirt_large.jpg

it's the same as this year's one, the only difference is the position of the badge...

Boro said:
reelist said:
what do u think of the new kit guys?

shirt_large.jpg

Needs ironing
It's basic but nice. The thing is if a team wears ONE primary colour as their home kit. Then their kits tend to be a little basic.

For eg pool and boro wear all red so there isn't much room for flexibility when making their kits.

I think it looks pretty good, nothing worng with it really. Boro have finally broken away from the pack by going back to our original kit of red and white instead of all red like liverpool.

All red is liverpools identity for example
Red and white is boros. Anything different and there would be outroar from fans. The only way to experiement with the kit is with the away kit. Has yours been annouced yet?

Boro said:
The only way to experiement with the kit is with the away kit. Has yours been annouced yet?
No mate it hasn't but I heard someone it all yellow!!!..............And it looks abit like the "I can't believe it's not butter" packaging :eh:

I ain't optimistic over it's quality.

We beat the Scum 1-0 with a penalty at OT, doesnt get any better than that

Back
Top Bottom