Liverpool Thread

steve gerrard is the best player in the world. Fucking amazing performance by the kid. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Malbranque
cisse
smith?
Mexes.

In the summer things don't look that bad all of a sudden!!! :D

this maybe a fake i dunno.

52360497.jpg

From the bits I have seen of our new away kit that could well be it :shock:

SHOCKING, we played attractive attacking football, god good what took Houllier so long to start using Carragher as a cover CB instead of Biscan...

Ah crap Newcastle lead 1 up against wolves so far...i'm hoping that Carl Cort can do us a favour...

Nice one wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Woo hoooooooooo!!!!!!! :D

Excellent Stuff

Hope that Newcastle slip up again - and then it won't matter that we'll thrash them at Anfield next weeks

Paul Jones helping you lot out despite not being at Liverpool anymore. We've done our part, now it's down to you.

If we play like we did yesterday during the Geordies visit then we wont have a problem. No fucking about with the team Mr Houllier :twisted:

Just finished watching the 'pool game and Gerrard was spectacular as always. He and Lampaard are my two favorite players in the EPL.

Got myself a nice Liverpool beanie shipped to the US recently, but I was looking for a badass t-shirt that actually says "scouser" on it. anyone know any good sites?? PEACE

According to a couple of soccer site, Liverpool are getting 60M for a %30 investment in the club my that Thai Prime Minister dude.

Money is good, not sure if losing 30% to a forgein invester is though...

Newcastle must beat Southampton to have any chance of making the
last game interesting. With their current form and injuries it looks a bit
unlikely.
With Gerrard in the kind of form he is
right now, we hopefully should not lose at home, I just hope GH does not change the lineup again.

If all goes well, by next weekend we would've finished 4th.
A great accomplishment according to the manager, which not many
fans would agree with, but keeping in mind our horrible season it
would be the light at the end of the tunnel.
So it looks like GH will be in charge next season.
With Cisse set to arrive, we probably need a good right-sided midfielder
and a couple of pacy defenders.
Heskey although he has played well recently, looks like he is on his way
out.
Maybe things can only get better.....but I still hope we can replace GH with someone better.

Im hoping Saints beat the Jawdees and then you go and beat the Jawdees too - not that i want you guys in 4th and Villa in 5th :twisted:

Could be an interesting game on saturday though if Jawdees DO beat southampton...

If Newcastle take no more than a point on wednesday the race is over....If we do secure 4th place on wednesday(having not touched a ball) then I hope Bolton(top of the form table) take the uefa cup place.

If we secure 4th, I want to see Welsh and Patridge get a run out with the first team.

Dudek
Finnan-Carragher-Hyypia-Riise
Partridge-Gerrard-Welsh-Kewell
Heskey-Baros

No sense in Owen getting hurt for Euro2K4 either.

I'd like to see if either of the two "youngsters" not so young now can fit into the team. And maybe drop Heskey for ALT as well.

Oh well, I hope Newcastle tie or lose so I can see some Liverpool players for the first time.

Sky still havent announced their LIVE games for this weekend, I am assuming they are waiting til after the midweek Geordies game to see whether our meeting will mean anything. I think the Arse game will be one of the 2 live games so its a case of who the 2nd will be.

It has to be us Vs Newcastle, you know it makes sense Mr Sky ;)

CWright said:
Sky still havent announced their LIVE games for this weekend, I am assuming they are waiting til after the midweek Geordies game to see whether our meeting will mean anything. I think the Arse game will be one of the 2 live games so its a case of who the 2nd will be.

It has to be us Vs Newcastle, you know it makes sense Mr Sky ;)

From Century FM in the North East (amongst the slagging off of Newcastle :D ):
Sky are just waiting for the OK from Newcastle to televise the Southampton and Liverpool games live. So there you have it, as long as Newcastle say ok then you'll be on the last game of the season (AND you'll get to see the Jawdees slip up on wed)

So wait, people in the Liverpool don't get to see every Liverpool game live? That sucks.

eatontj said:
So wait, people in the Liverpool don't get to see every Liverpool game live? That sucks.

Asrenal v Liv and Man U v Liv were not televised live on Sky in the UK - those who couldn't get tickets had to rely on late night highlights!

Owen won't leave on a Bosman:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N144846040510-1959.htm

"Michael Owen today reassured Liverpool fans he would never quit Anfield on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling.
Owen and his representatives are in talks with Liverpool officials about extending his current contract which expires at the end of next season.

The Liverpool striker hopes to be in a position to make an announcement about his future over the summer, but he has promised the Reds he won't allow his contract to run down and leave on a free transfer in 12 months time.

Owen said: "We have spoken about it and I have assured the club I wouldn't leave on a Bosman. We have not signed an agreement to that effect but we shook hands and that's good enough for them and it's good enough for me.

"As we all know contract talks can take a long time. We have only just started talking and the talks will go on into the summer but hopefully something will be resolved by the summer."

Great news for the teambuilding for next season

That would not fly over here in the states... Every town gets to see its hometeam play every game on television.

The only exception is the NFL, where there is a blackout rule that applies if a team doesn't sell out it's seats (if the homefans won't fill up the stadium, they can't watch on tv.). However, in the NFL this makes sense as there are only 8 home games a year.

Some very questionable choices made by Sky over which Premiership games they select to show live - though there usually 2 games on a Sunday, and occasionally 1 on a Sat evening and 1 one on a Monday evening.

There are regualtions that have a minimum number ot times a team must be shown (IIRC it's 3 live games per season) - but don't think there's a maximium number they can show.

The more lucky and determined fans often know of local pubs which carry foreign tv channels - there's about 8 European channels that carry different Premiership games every weekend - tho technically it's illegal.

Be great if we did it the US way - more fans would support their local team. Not much chance of it happening here as the greedy Prem clubs and FA would lose a fortune in the tv money deal from Sky.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Liverpool are expected to make a bid for Manchester City's Joey Barton.

Barton is a hard-working central midfielder, and he could be seen as Dietmar Hamann's successor. The German midfielder's current contract with the Reds runs until 2005.

The midfielder is a close friend of Reds captain Steven Gerrard

V Interesting, though the fact that Barton has just signed a new contract with City is confusing

CWright said:
According to The Daily Telegraph, Liverpool are expected to make a bid for Manchester City's Joey Barton.

Barton is a hard-working central midfielder, and he could be seen as Dietmar Hamann's successor. The German midfielder's current contract with the Reds runs until 2005.

The midfielder is a close friend of Reds captain Steven Gerrard

V Interesting, though the fact that Barton has just signed a new contract with City is confusing

dont think he has you know.

Last season he only signed a 1 year deal.

Dont think he's good enough to play at LFC anyway.

Barton signed an exstention last season KK said he would offer him a improved contract at the end of every season as long as he improves himself! and van u are right hes not good enough for liverpool yet!

Barton would be a strange signing - esp as LFC have Hamman, Diao, Diarra (on-loan) and Welsh all vying for the defensive midfield spot next season.

We know Hamman can't go on much more (has done great for us) but surely there are other areas - like defence and right wing that need sorting more...

jamie_mack said:
Barton signed an exstention last season KK said he would offer him a improved contract at the end of every season as long as he improves himself! and van u are right hes not good enough for liverpool yet!

Dont het me wrong he's got potential but too often you see young players have a half decent season and then fuck off to a big club and end up looking like a fish out of water....

Neil Durkin, an Amnesty spokesman, told The Daily Telegraph: "Thailand's human rights record has been a particular concern recently following a government-led 'drugs war' that has seen several thousand drugs suspects killed by law enforcement officers. In one three-month period alone last year, a staggering 2,245 people were killed according to official statistics. We have called on the Thai government to allow independent investigations into this worrying wave of killings."

Liverpool fanzine editor Steven Kelly: "We should have distanced ourselves from this guy from day one. If we had an ounce of humanity we should have said 'No' immediately. He doesn't look like the kind of character you should be doing business with. There is going to be controversy about it. It's dragging morality down when the majority of people say 'As long as the team is good, I don't care'."

lol dont see the problem he might sort out the city's crack problem ;)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Dont het me wrong he's got potential but too often you see young players have a half decent season and then fuck off to a big club and end up looking like a fish out of water....

Don't be too harsh on Christiano Ronaldo, I'm sure he'll improve next season...

:mrgreen:

Stu-Pid said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Don't be too harsh on Christiano Ronaldo, I'm sure he'll improve next season...

:mrgreen:

errr yeah of course, joey barton, ronaldo, same person what was I thinking :roll:

Back
Top Bottom