Liverpool Thread

Joey Barton is Stevie G's cousin, so if it was true we where interested, I'm sure he'd be an easy signing

4th spot secured!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

4th spot tonight without even kicking a ball, thatll do :D

a bit of anti-climax....getting that 4th spot without kicking a ball tonight.
Houllier will be one relieved man tonight....although we still have
to qualify for the CL proper in July/August.
Whether we like Houllier or not, this is a silver lining to this horrible
season we've had.

Yep it is
And this will more than likely secure Houllier's job next season

the board are willing to stick with Houllier no matter what.
which I don't think is the right way.....(probably means the board
need a reshuffle themselves)
i hope the board does not allow the Thai PM to buy into the club because he would not be bothered about who Houllier is signing this summer.
Whereas Steve Morgan is a vocal critic of Houllier and many of his signings.
I'd prefer Morgan if he can get rid of Houllier and inject the cash into the club for some sensible signings...

BTW, why on earth are we after Joey Barton & Dawson ????
We need more established players who have proven records...not
more trials and experments..

Today, I don't care about GH... I'm happy for 4th, and looking most forward to seeing how much money Liverpool gets invested over the summer.

I agree with the Morgan issue

But do you honestly feel Martin O Niell is the man to come in after Houllier, coz I certainly don't

Fuck ya, baby. Great news with the $$ invesment and the Champs League placement. Somewhere, there is someone with a genie bottle with one more wish. . . .

. . . let's hope he uses it on Heskey.

mathewsss said:
As expected, the board have rejected Morgan's bid.
Not good news for the club or the fans.

Surely your not sugggesting it's OK for Morgan to seriously undervalue the club with his offer? I'm not in favour of the reported deal on the table by the Thai either - but Morgan, as a 'local' (Jersey based) LFC fan has taken the piss with that 'offer'.

oojason said:
mathewsss said:
As expected, the board have rejected Morgan's bid.
Not good news for the club or the fans.

Surely your not sugggesting it's OK for Morgan to seriously undervalue the club with his offer? I'm not in favour of the reported deal on the table by the Thai either - but Morgan, as a 'local' (Jersey based) LFC fan has taken the piss with that 'offer'.

you're right....i did'nt know the details of the offer till afterwards...
Morgan's been saying all the right things in the media while trying to
get a cheap deal.
I take back my complaints about the board, they did the right thing.

this season has come to an end.....glad we got 4th spot after the season we've been through.
an exciting summer to look forward to...with euro 2004, then the possible new signings...
just hoping for better things next season.

Ferguson wants gerrard and rates him as the best MF in the prem.

Well hard luck you scottish twat. Fucking dream on................... :mrgreen:

Lol Vapour

Well, dunno if anybody saw GH's interview, but he said he would of liked to see Emile sign off with a goal

so, Heskey's on his way

Bye bye Emile, you served us well :)

Heskey will deffo go thank fuck!!!!.........I feel mellor will also....Cisse Baros, owen, and pongo wll be the future strike force. Though I have a feeling smith/kezman will also added.

there's no chance Mellor will go
10 goals in 4 games for the reserves, brilliant :)

I'm gutted that Heskey is leaving lfc, he's provided us with so many laughs the past few years...

Heres to Bruno!!

Anyone see GH do a "keegan" at Fridays pre game press conference, lol.

Seems like the scousers are stuck at the mo, take investment from a United fan or one of the Kopshite.. hmm .. between the devil and the deep blue sea....

its been a funny old season. lfc finish 4th but in terms of points the reality is that they are closer to teams in the bottom half of the table than they are to the top three, how you's think you deseve CL footy after a season like that is news to me...

But im sure like us your happy this season is thru, so heres to next year lets make it 15 years ey :mrgreen: !!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
its been a funny old season. lfc finish 4th but in terms of points the reality is that they are closer to teams in the bottom half of the table than they are to the top three, how you's think you deseve CL footy after a season like that is news to me...
Who else deserves CL footy then, the teams below them :eh: ?

ClassicD said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Who else deserves CL footy then, the teams below them :eh: ?

IMO none of them, I dont think they should give CL to the 4th spot anyway but if they do then do it across the leagues and give it to the the best ranked 4th place cos when the 4th placed team is closer to the bottom than top it doesnt seem right.

but its just my opinion....

But the amount of CL places per league is decided by the co-efficient ratings, it'd be a bit daft to give the 4th place team in Portugal CL football because the team who occupied that spot were closer to 3rd place than the 4th placed team in England were to 3rd, as it's a tougher league.

If you finish in the CL positions you surely deserve CL football?

Congratulations Liverpool. 4th Place. Mission Accomplished. You will be much stronger next season too, with the likes of Cisse coming in.

vannizzle said:
IMO none of them, I dont think they should give CL to the 4th spot anyway but if they do then do it across the leagues and give it to the the best ranked 4th place cos when the 4th placed team is closer to the bottom than top it doesnt seem right.

but its just my opinion....

Well you lot would of been stuffed 2 seasons ago when we came 2nd and you lot came 4th

BBC website says Thais bid accepted in principle and just few details being sorted.........

I think its a bloody farce that Thai Public money is gonna be spent on Liverpool FC, if I was the people of Thai Land id overthrow the goverment, can you imagine Gordon brown going off and buying a footy club???

Dont you think its disgusting?????

And specially when that Liverpool Millionaire fan was wiling to invest?

Have your board lost the plot??

Harvy2001 said:
BBC website says Thais bid accepted in principle and just few details being sorted.........

I think its a bloody farce that Thai Public money is gonna be spent on Liverpool FC, if I was the people of Thai Land id overthrow the goverment, can you imagine Gordon brown going off and buying a footy club???

Dont you think its disgusting?????

And specially when that Liverpool Millionaire fan was wiling to invest?

Have your board lost the plot??

No, the board made a good decision.
The "Liverpool millionaire"'s deal was cheaper than the Thai offer,
and the Scouser was making all the noise that he represents
the fans, etc, blah....when all he was doing was to rip them off
into making a cheap deal.

mathewsss said:
No, the board made a good decision.
The "Liverpool millionaire"'s deal was cheaper than the Thai offer,
and the Scouser was making all the noise that he represents
the fans, etc, blah....when all he was doing was to rip them off
into making a cheap deal.
But like Harvy said, it's deplorable that public money will be used to fund this, and it will make no mistake.

Back
Top Bottom