Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

lots of rumours, nothing concrete other than the signature
of some hungarian kids.

whereas man-utd have signed hargreaves, nani and anderson (pending).

I just hope we're not too slow to sign the top-class players
we need on the wings and up front.

Don't blame Sissoko if he leaves. He must be wondering how many games he is gonna play next season. great signing for Juve if they get him.

He's a good player, however mascherano is just that bit better, fights and runs all game but can actually pass aswell. Shame if mo goes as i like him, but with alonso and gerrard also playing cm there isnt much he can do.

We also have the mighty Lucas Leiva, who can play DM, CM, AM :D

Will be sad to see Sissoko go, but If we can get a player as part of the deal or even a vast amount on money, it won't be such a great loss.

Sissoko is still young, and could probably go on to be immense, but Marsherano is better.

That Lucas is a wonderkid in FM07. Bought from the same club where a certain Ronaldinho started his career. Could finally be a good signing by Liverpool. :roll:

I wouldn't be too worried about signings yet. It's only really us that's done a few and I think that was mainly to stop Chelsea jumping in like the last few years.

Has the Mascherano deal been done then? I thought you's lot had just loaned him off the irons, in that case if no money's changed hands, he's still owned by MSI and that Korchabian fella and could still be sent wherever they decide. On another note must say the last few days on your RAWK forum have been piss funny, the state you lot got into over the Anderson and Nani signings was unbelievable.

Mascherano is on loan for 18 months. will cost £15m to buy him one loan deal expires. He is still owned by MSI.

Hmmmm .. dont you think it's worrying that Liverpool haven't made any signing yet?

Anyway, that CL final Ref was almost 'killed' by a fan during a euro qualifier:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6715785.stm

think we won't sign anybody for at least another week, not unitl la liga finishes anyway

Has the Mascherano deal been done then? I thought you's lot had just loaned him off the irons, in that case if no money's changed hands, he's still owned by MSI and that Korchabian fella and could still be sent wherever they decide. On another note must say the last few days on your RAWK forum have been piss funny, the state you lot got into over the Anderson and Nani signings was unbelievable.

was funny as fuck that thread about anderson & nani, some right whoppers going well over the top, think it's been deleted now but was worth laving up for comedy value

not sure about mascherano, he's still on loan but i don't think msi can move him on unless west ham have a recall from loan clause with liverpool and agree to the transfer, all the shit that went on with west ham was down to the contract saying msi could move them on at any time and that has been removed

Last edited:

Mascherano is on loan for 18 months. will cost £15m to buy him one loan deal expires. He is still owned by MSI.
So once someone pays the asking price for either Tevez or Mascherano, does that mean they're no longer owned by MSI or does that mean West Ham will get the money and MSI just follow the players to their next club?

I don't think West Ham get the fee you know. once the loan is finished I think Liverpool have to settle the fee with MSI. The same with Tevez. I pretty sure it is MSI who are gonna decide which club he ends up with.

don't know, remember reading somewhere that in the original agreement between west ham and msi west ham would've recieved compensation from msi of £2m for tevez and £150k for masch if they moved them on to another club

not sure how it stands now as that was the agreement which broke the rules and has been torn up

What an absolute ton of bullshit, all the AC Milan fans I know were saying the Liverpool fans were brilliant, staying to clap them even after they'd lost, and having a drink with them afterwards.

What the hell is going on at FIFA, who are they talking to, a racist police force or something?

Platini hates Liverpool fans, end of story.

We have been commended by UEFA in the past, including 2005, and now suddenly because of a small minority taking advantage of lax UEFA organisation we are the worst in Europe? Worse than Roma, and racist Spanish fans?

What are you talking about Ecchi! We won the charity shield, get ya' facts right damn it! ](*,)

:mrgreen:

What are you talking about Ecchi! We won the charity shield, get ya' facts right damn it! ](*,)

:mrgreen:

Huh?? It's a cup none the less :lmao:

Anyway, wanted to ask one thing about this paragraph:
That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children? We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.'

Stealing one's ticket doesn't mean he's a liverpool fan, if I might say, more like someone who's trying to sell a real ticket for big money by stealing them first? That makes more sense, if they were able to tell the thief is a liverpool fan then they must've caught them first, however there's no signs of arrest during the day of the game right? Bullsh*t UEFA.

reckon it's come as a result of liverpool supporters with genuine tickets who got locked out threatening to sue uefa

they were warned by the club in advance of the number of blag tickets floating around and the large number of fans travelling to athens, uefa came out with their usual bullshit statement of nobody will get in without a genuine ticket but at the end of the day they failed in preventing ticketless fans getting into the stadium

if there's any video evidence of liverpool supporters robbing tickets off their own fans and ticketless fans rushing the gates then those people should be given banning orders

but as i said a day or 2 after the final, uefa need to take a long hard look at their arrangements

why were there no turnstiles at the ground?
why weren't stricter checks carried out when they knew 1000's of blag tickets were on the market?
why did they use fencing a 5 year old kid could knock over?
why were the finalists only given 17,000 tickets each?
why did they give 20,000 tickets to other associations and sponsors with many of these ending up on the black market?

the whole thing was a shambles, they knew liverpool supporters would travel in numbers and tickets were in short supply yet did very little to prevent any potential trouble, think they can thank their stars that united didn't get to the final as well cos there'd have been at least 100,000 english supporters in athens on the day of the final which would've been a recipe for disaster

one other thing, will they stop travel companies selling large numbers (more than tickets available) of chartered flights to games like this? like fuck they will cos at the end of the day some fucker is making money and that's all that matters

i'm not a big fan of the g14 but i hope they tell uefa to fuckin do one and set up their own competition, platini's arse'll fall out if they do

reckon it's come as a result of liverpool supporters with genuine tickets who got locked out threatening to sue uefa

they were warned by the club in advance of the number of blag tickets floating around and the large number of fans travelling to athens, uefa came out with their usual bullshit statement of nobody will get in without a genuine ticket but at the end of the day they failed in preventing ticketless fans getting into the stadium

if there's any video evidence of liverpool supporters robbing tickets off their own fans and ticketless fans rushing the gates then those people should be given banning orders

but as i said a day or 2 after the final, uefa need to take a long hard look at their arrangements

why were there no turnstiles at the ground?
why weren't stricter checks carried out when they knew 1000's of blag tickets were on the market?
why did they use fencing a 5 year old kid could knock over?
why were the finalists only given 17,000 tickets each?
why did they give 20,000 tickets to other associations and sponsors with many of these ending up on the black market?

the whole thing was a shambles, they knew liverpool supporters would travel in numbers and tickets were in short supply yet did very little to prevent any potential trouble, think they can thank their stars that united didn't get to the final as well cos there'd have been at least 100,000 english supporters in athens on the day of the final which would've been a recipe for disaster

one other thing, will they stop travel companies selling large numbers (more than tickets available) of chartered flights to games like this? like fuck they will cos at the end of the day some fucker is making money and that's all that matters

i'm not a big fan of the g14 but i hope they tell uefa to fuckin do one and set up their own competition, platini's arse'll fall out if they do
why were there no problems when barca played arsenal? why were there no problems when monaco played porto? why were there no problems milan vs juve? It seems the whole of liverpool live in denial. Seems your blamming everyone under the sun except your own supporters, seems they should take SOME responsiblity for there actions. Is not as if the athens police forced them at gunpoint to rush the stadium..... Is not as if they were forced to go to athens withtout tickets... cmon man...

good reply!

EDIT _ I meant Fishcake but someone got in before me.

Forgot about the charity shield kung fu boy!

why were there no problems when barca played arsenal? why were there no problems when monaco played porto? why were there no problems milan vs juve? It seems the whole of liverpool live in denial. Seems your blamming everyone under the sun except your own supporters, seems they should take SOME responsiblity for there actions. Is not as if the athens police forced them at gunpoint to rush the stadium..... Is not as if they were forced to go to athens withtout tickets... cmon man...

i'm not condoning the behaviour of the idiots from liverpool, like i said if those fans can be identified then they should be given banning orders

there were 40-50,000 supporters in istanbul 2 years ago and not one single incident or arrest and liverpool were praised by uefa in fact this is what William Gaillard said on the eve of the game in athens
Uefa's director of communications William Gaillard said he was confident European football's biggest night of the year would not be wrecked by crowd trouble, but warned that ticketless fans would be turned away tomorrow night.

"They have been told their chance to get in is very, very small," he said. "But we have taken all the measures it is possible to take, including co-ordination with all the different police forces.

"The two groups of supporters have a tradition of good behaviour and at this point we are expecting that to continue."

they knew we were travelling in large numbers and knew there were blag tickets about but failed to take action

barcelona v arsenal, played in paris with very tight security, not sure about barca but arsenal travelled in large numbers but weren't allowed anywhere near the stadium without a ticket

monaco v porto, played in gelsenkirchen, once again the german's know what they're doing when it comes to security

milan v juve, played in manchester

all 3 games played in countries where the officials know how to organise large events

so 2 years ago we were great supporters, now they have a dossier of 25 incidents since 2003 which makes us the worst in europe, none of these will be violence related, one will be jimmy jump and his mate running on the pitch during the semi final at anfield 2 years ago, a lot of them will be the fines given to the club for flares that were let off in istanbul (each flare gets an individual fine)

yet in the last few years shite like this has gone off yet they've done very little about it
_42768017_manutd_ap203.jpg

_42771011_roma_pa_203.jpg

sfnfron21.jpg

feyenoord-hooligans_129309e.jpg

italy-riot-cp-2380828.jpg

xin_010402141016119172865.jpg

r29856_74483.jpg

nowhere near as bad as liverpool fans nicking uefa's flags though is it? and as i said last night this report has only come about because liverpool supporters with genuine tickets who were denied access are threatening legal action against uefa because of their incompetance

Ridiculous statement to make, especially when he's only contradicting himself aswell.

The liverpool fans that rushed the gates and stole tickets should be banned for life imo. And hopefully there is evidence to get them.

However like fishcake said, the last 4 finals that have gone well without so much as a problem as the authorities and organisation was done properly. Youll always have some idiots but its down to the organisation to give them as little opportunity as possible. I hope liverpool sue them aswell as the people with genuine tickets. What are these 25 incidents? And how do they compare to other clubs within the same ratio of matches played and the same amount of travelling fans. The potential damages caused by this statement could be very big for the club, all because the bureaucrates over at UEFA dont have the balls to take some responsibility (not all as it has to be shared fairly). Tossers!

Glad to see Parry pointing out his(UEFA w@nker) contradictions and show that liverpool had already warned them what the problems could/would be. Also good to see caborn take a decent position that things need to be sorted out and uefa should stop passing their share of the blame.

Parry says that UEFA should focus on their own shortcomings rather than shift the blame onto supporters.

The statement released on Liverpoolfc.tv reads: "The shortcomings in the management of the situation in Athens were apparent to anyone who was there and these latest comments from Uefa should not deflect attention from that reality.

"What is most surprising about the latest comments from Mr Gaillard is that on the eve of the final, he quite rightly commented that Liverpool supporters 'have a tradition of good behaviour'.

"Let's not forget that these same supporters who Mr Gaillard is claiming are now the worst in Europe were praised by Uefa President Michel Platini after our semi-final victory against Chelsea only last month, commended for their behaviour in Istanbul in 2005 and actually honoured by Uefa at a gala dinner in Monte Carlo in 2001 as joint Supporters of the Years with Alves after the UEFA Cup final.

"To have a stadium with no counting system and no turnstiles is unforgivable for any standard of game, let alone a major final.

"We produced a report for UEFA a week beforehand predicting, sadly, all of the things that did go wrong. We told UEFA our intelligence suggested there were 5,000 forged tickets in existence. They knew and we knew that thousands of fans would travel without tickets and we stressed the need for a proper check at the outer cordon."

Meanwhile, British sports minister Richard Caborn, who is set to meet with UEFA president Michel Platini tomorrow, says that the UEFA should stop playing 'the blame game' and take responsibility for the poor organisation of the final.

"This is not about UEFA versus Liverpool or UEFA versus England fans but UEFA must stop playing the blame game and stop pointing fingers at people," said Caborn.

"What we need to do is look at the evidence of the last season and the evidence in the report which I'm due to get tomorrow and move forward.

"This is about finding solutions, not looking back and saying what has happened but more about how to stop this happening in the future.

"I have given this message to Rick Parry this morning in a phone call and I will be giving the very same message to Michel Platini when I see him tomorrow."

exactly...

why did Milan not have any problems??

if either of the teams had a right to complain about ticket allocation surely it should have been Milan, they have nearly double the capacity of anfield....

but suprise suprise they didnt make half as much fuss as the scousers...

why didnt the club issue a statement saying if you havent got a ticket, dont travel, if only fans wuth tickets had gone, none of this would have happened..

I bet there wasnt that many Milanese there without tickets...

I dont think its all the scousers fault, far from it nut they seem most culpable, if uefa had fucked up that much surely there would have been more complaints from Milan...

Back
Top Bottom